Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
I get that Disney owns Hulu (which seems dumb when they are also pushing Disney+, why would they not just kill Hulu and unify their platforms?) but that seems... needlessly confusing?

Oh well not like I'm gonna watch it via any of that poo poo anyway. :yarr:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Yeah, I was hoping I’d finally have some motivation to use the D+ subscription I got for the family for Christmas last year :v:

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Sydin posted:

I get that Disney owns Hulu (which seems dumb when they are also pushing Disney+, why would they not just kill Hulu and unify their platforms?) but that seems... needlessly confusing?

Disney only owns 66% of Hulu with Comcast owning the other 33%. They would need to buy out Comcast's share before they could fully merge the two like they want to do. I wouldn't be surprised if there was some rights issue regarding it being on Adult Swim that is making this be the way it's aired.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Sydin posted:

Oh well not like I'm gonna watch it via any of that poo poo anyway. :yarr:

It takes a lot of financial and labor investment to bring 3 different platforms into one, and it takes exponentially more of both to do it correctly. It's much easier (and probably plays into some level of how advertising employs psychological manipulation) to simply keep the products balkanized and sell access to all of them as some sort of special access deal. most consumers aren't really paying a ton of attention to the nitty gritty of what media companies are subsidiary to others unless it gets to the level of publicity where the FTC is looking into the acquisition.

Shneak posted:

Is this airing one episode a week or dropping all at once? I assumed the former but Disney+ in Canada is suggesting the opposite?

is what i really would like to know, but "premieres 10/10" seems to indicate that we're getting it on a slow drip.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Holy poo poo guys Bleach is coming back next week

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Gologle posted:

Holy poo poo guys Bleach is coming back next week

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Ok thank God it's going to be simulcast on Hulu

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Lib and let die posted:

is what i really would like to know, but "premieres 10/10" seems to indicate that we're getting it on a slow drip.

Bulk releases kill the hype so I hope it's true..

Jojo part's 6 is way less fun given the stupid bulk release schedule.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
I can't imagine we'll get a bulk release given it's also airing on TV in Japan episode to episode.

Robviously posted:

Disney only owns 66% of Hulu with Comcast owning the other 33%. They would need to buy out Comcast's share before they could fully merge the two like they want to do. I wouldn't be surprised if there was some rights issue regarding it being on Adult Swim that is making this be the way it's aired.

Oh I didn't realize they only had 2/3rds ownership, n/m then. The balkanization of streaming platforms still loving sucks though.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Monaghan posted:

Jojo part's 6 is way less fun given the stupid bulk release schedule.

Couldn't agree more

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

https://twitter.com/marmardaiann/status/1576761955833942017?s=46&t=yS5tWaYXux3_BQWzc5obtQ

NGL, I’m surprised at how much of a banger Kishimoto’s is

https://twitter.com/marmardaiann/status/1576761995843358720?s=46&t=yS5tWaYXux3_BQWzc5obtQ

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

https://twitter.com/marmardaiann/status/1576761978982277120?s=20&t=h8LU_VHgDgj7hdSf0cL4uw

this says a lot about our society

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Horikoshi is really on a roll of doing distasteful covers, huh?

Lt. Lizard fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Oct 4, 2022

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Lt. Lizard posted:

Horikoshi is really on the roll of doing distasteful covers, huh?

He’s been telling on himself quite a bit recently lol.

Those Kishimoto and Tabata arts are great tho

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Schubalts posted:

Yes, they have. Hulu had a lot more anime and series like Rolling Girls was put up on them and Funimation.

It's good that Hulu will be able to handle this handing over of the Bleach crown, the downside is that Hulu no-ads is going to be $15 now, which is nearly twice the price of Crunchyroll.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
On the upside, Hulu is not Crunchyroll.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

:lmao:

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
the year is 2022 and I'm hyped for more Bleach next week

what a wild world

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Son I am excite

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

https://twitter.com/marmardaiann/status/1577334539419996161?s=61&t=4W-vi2b1gornE6qrEe1zfg

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

drat he's good.

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

Piccolo was my first anime boyfriend and KT giving him the Kenpachi grin has awakened the demon in me.

Doc Fission fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Oct 5, 2022

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

i love kubo's style

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
I like how Kubo drew a bunch of intricate stuff for other manga and then One Piece just got a static, barely shaded pic of Ichigo in a Luffy Halloween costume.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Sydin posted:

I like how Kubo drew a bunch of intricate stuff for other manga and then One Piece just got a static, barely shaded pic of Ichigo in a Luffy Halloween costume.

if I had to guess looking at the time frame the luffy was done in 2015 which would be mid-Kubo slowly killing himself with thousand year blood war

For comparison the Dragon Ball one was 2003, Naruto was 2019, the Jojos are from 2012 and the others are also all post-Bleach

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Oct 5, 2022

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Been rewatching all the Bleach OPs and for all the awful filler arcs and how dumb and convoluted the story got, those just don't miss. A remarkable hit rate.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

If nothing else, Bleach easily had some of the best music of the 00 shonen crop.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Mordja posted:

Been rewatching all the Bleach OPs and for all the awful filler arcs and how dumb and convoluted the story got, those just don't miss. A remarkable hit rate.

IMO the Zan Rebellion arc is good enough to be canonical. I skipped over the Princess arc and the new captain arc though because the Bount arc left such a bad taste in my mouth and I had no idea at the time that the Rebellion arc was a filler arc

Robviously posted:

If nothing else, Bleach easily had some of the best music of the 00 shonen crop.

Sagisu is consistently one of my favorite composers.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

No joke, i'd read Jojo's by Kubo Tibe. Also Picollo looks gorgeously manly, i'd definitely read Kubo Redraws DBZ. The only one I don't like out of those is Dr. Stone, it couldn't nail the character well.

drat it just makes me wish Kubo had paired up with a writer. I think he has the capacity to deliver a smash hit like the OPM redraw if he can just focus on art which is clearly what he's best at, and leave the writing to someone competent.

Bisse fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Oct 5, 2022

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2aM5btBLVU

I am pretty much over Bleach but it's music will never stop being great.

Mordja posted:

Don't forget ED's
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iY4edXKCPs

Giving each Captain and Squad their own ending was not just cool, it was smart. A great way to help introduce us to all these new characters.

Although this will always be my favorite and one of my favotie EDs of all time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twZquow01Po

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Has the person who has done the Bleach soundtrack done anything else?

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Electric Phantasm posted:

A little anime called Neon Genesis Evangelion. Maybe you've heard of it.

More importantly he did 80s romance shounen Kimagure Orange Road.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8fFKdwCXlc

NikkolasKing fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Oct 5, 2022

super-redguy
Jan 24, 2019

Electric Phantasm posted:

A buncha stuff for Anno.

Sagisu also teamed up with Fernandes again for a cool song in Dynazenon too.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

NikkolasKing posted:

A little anime called Neon Genesis Evangelion. Maybe you've heard of it.

More importantly he did 80s romance shounen Kimagure Orange Road.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8fFKdwCXlc

The music in the first trailer has HUGE NGE OST vibes. I loving love it.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

NikkolasKing posted:

Giving each Captain and Squad their own ending was not just cool, it was smart. A great way to help introduce us to all these new characters.

For a second I thought you were talking about this one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HzRoARUJKs
This is the only ending I never skipped. such a bop

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

NikkolasKing posted:

Don't forget ED's
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iY4edXKCPs

Houkiboshi is my favorite Bleach ED.

Always Be With Me in Mind is a great piece from Memories of Nobody.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqCSa8zeeXI

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

lmao Ichigo barehand jobbing 3 lieutenants is still one of my favorite moments in the show

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Regalingualius posted:

Yeah, I was hoping I’d finally have some motivation to use the D+ subscription I got for the family for Christmas last year :v:

Watch Owl House, Amphibia, and Gravity Falls.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Alright so I'm trying to find it but years and years ago someone either here or someone reposted it but I'm looking for a picture of like all the various back attacks people are about to do on an unsuspecting opponent with an all white background in the manga. It's not even remotely a shot but I was wanting to show my wife how often that happened in Bleach's manga. For some reason I keep thinking the person that's about to be attacked by every single back attacking character in an all white background is Momo, but I could be totally wrong.

Also I'm so incredibly hype for this, I can't wait to watch an incredibly good arc of such a great series animated at long last

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Servaetes posted:

Alright so I'm trying to find it but years and years ago someone either here or someone reposted it but I'm looking for a picture of like all the various back attacks people are about to do on an unsuspecting opponent with an all white background in the manga. It's not even remotely a shot but I was wanting to show my wife how often that happened in Bleach's manga. For some reason I keep thinking the person that's about to be attacked by every single back attacking character in an all white background is Momo, but I could be totally wrong.

Also I'm so incredibly hype for this, I can't wait to watch an incredibly good arc of such a great series animated at long last

is this it?