Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

xgalaxy posted:

You pretty much have to do the challenges to level your pass at a decent clip.

True.

It shame that the match xp gain is obfuscated. I'm getting 1000-2000 exp each match + whatever challenges I complete, but the message at bottom says something ridic. like "100 xp match".
Maybe it's time based?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Like an arrow, I was only passing through.
Ok. When does Overwatch 2 come out?

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
Id love to play but apparently I committed the sin of buying unlocked phones and having cricket so I guess I can’t ???? I would tie a burner to it instead but I don’t want to risk my wow stuff getting banned because “I’m smurfing”???? :confused:

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

Your burner likely won't work, but they are not banning anyone with a bad number. They just won't accept it for OW.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Seagull placed Diamond I. I did read they were intentionally going to make your placement rank lower than what you would expect, but drat! Kinda crazy to see still lol.

[edit] Yeah, Seagull just mentioned last time he played OW comp was like 3 seasons ago and ended at 4200 SR. He also said lots of top 500/GM players got placed low to mid masters. Makes me feel less bad about my tank queue placing at silver, lol. Gonna BP grind to plat I guess :twisted:

teagone fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Oct 5, 2022

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
wait you have to unlock characters for competitive play? How the gently caress do you do that? I just queued in and I had mercy unlocked and that was it.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
game owns

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

adhuin posted:

Your burner likely won't work, but they are not banning anyone with a bad number. They just won't accept it for OW.

If I trust Reddit and twitter there are burner phone apps that work better than my actually phone carrier. (Costs like $5 to get sms in some dumb iPhone app). It has been proven to work. :/ I love this. If only I hadn’t merged my account.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
so does anyone know how to unlock characters for comp? because whenever I ask in game people just tell me to play the game but it feels pretty gross to play comp with a tiny fraction of the roster unlocked and its unclear if I specifically have to play in comp to unlock characters for comp

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Thought I might load the client up before work to have a look and lol

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Thought I might load the client up before work to have a look and lol

that will take about 6-7 mins no big deal

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
holy gently caress i love junker queen but all my knife whiffs really makes me wish my brother stayed up so we could duo :c

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

verbal enema posted:

that will take about 6-7 mins no big deal

Yeah just was surprised.

Looks like there's still no option to select multiple favourite skins to randomise between which is a shame.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Game is still good. Hell, it may be better.

New Zen kick is probably one of the funniest things in the game and whoever came up with that simple and perfect buff needs a raise. I had an blade Genji dash towards me and come up just a tiny bit short, kicked him on his stupid face then headshot him two meters away.

I'm hoping they'll refine the battlepass system. It's ridiculous we can only buy skin currency with real money and (and I can't believe I'm saying this) I miss lootboxes? Obviously not buying them, which I don't think anyone sane ever did, but opening a new, kinda lame skin was still fun. Now there's a bunch of recolours and old skin that you need to pay for? Who the gently caress is going to buy those? It'll just make the game less varied visually when everyone is just wearing the BP skins.

They should've followed Apex's model closer. At least the weekly and seasonal challenges are actually kinda fun and promote hero diversity. Curious about what Hero Challenges will be, specially since most seasonal challenges seem to be hero based.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Junkrat Mythic skin when?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

verbal enema posted:

is every blizzard thread in this forum full of the most whiny bitches

Turn on your monitor.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Jack Trades posted:

Turn on your monitor.

nah bitch dont even try me with that poo poo

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

verbal enema posted:

nah bitch dont even try me with that poo poo

Publicly drooling over cartoon characters and bitching about people bitching too much is peak posting apparently.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Having played a chunk this afternoon/evening, almost entirely in unranked open queue (QP classic?), the game steadily got more unstable, had more leavers, and it feels like no one wants to work as a team anymore. So it'll degrade to a 5v5 variant of OW1 by tomorrow afternoon.

Now to wait for everyone to be brave enough for toxicity over voice again. Right now almost no one communicates at all. Not even location pings.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

That's surprising, the ping system was heavily utilised in the beta, it's one of the things I missed the most when it ended.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Most people probably don't even know that the ping system is a thing.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

I spam my pings like crazy, but yeah, I rarely saw others use it in most of my comp matches. As an aside, my brother placed Bronze 5 for his DPS queue, and he mains DPS... :rip:

Emongg placed Diamond 5 for his support queue. Curious what his tank palacement will be; he stopped before he could get the 7 wins for tank. His 16 hour stream stack with Flats and Seagull was a lot of fun. They lost a ton lol. Made the game look pretty good at high level though!

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

Some people are playing hardcore.

4 hours of playing and I haven't ranked anything yet.
Matches seem too chaotic and no one notices flankers, which is pain in the rear end on healer.
Brazil map was fun, but I haven't seen the 2 newest maps yet. (Portugal and ???)
Sojourn is op as hell. Railgun headshots erryday. Junkqueen seems fun too.

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

I couldn’t play with my wife tonight because we “have different versions of overwatch.”

I forgot to book vacation time on the same plane of existence. :(

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
I know I haven't played in years, but what the gently caress did the door to my poor boy Torbjorn? I'm old and bad and his turret sucks now.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

adhuin posted:

Junkqueen seems fun too.

I honestly feel like I'm playing total mayhem in comp with her lmao. Closing in and getting big damage with a carnage cleave is a pretty satisfying adrenaline rush lol. Had tons of fun with her in the betas, doin the same now.

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

spunkshui posted:

I couldn’t play with my wife tonight because we “have different versions of overwatch.”

I forgot to book vacation time on the same plane of existence. :(

one of you probably have asia/europe/america ticked while the other doesnt

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Jack Trades posted:

Publicly drooling over cartoon characters and bitching about people bitching too much is peak posting apparently.

Nerd

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I guess Blizzard were too busy copy-pasting old content into the Battle Pass to fix the skins that were broken since the first beta.

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

that's a minor visual bug alright

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Jack Trades posted:

I guess Blizzard were too busy copy-pasting old content into the Battle Pass to fix the skins that were broken since the first beta.

Go back to wow nerd

Shions of Qud

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Hashy posted:

that's a minor visual bug alright

I think usually the idea with sequels is that they aren't supposed to be a downgrade.

I wasn't even bringing up how they completely hosed up their anti-aliasing implementation in OW2 and made the game way blurrier than OW1, cause that's nerd poo poo for nerds.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

verbal enema posted:

Go back to wow nerd

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Which JQ skin is that?

:razz:

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

I've been able to play on the PS4 for the last hour or two now. I'm in Australia so I don't know how much that counts for anything, but I like the gameplay changes and getting into a game is very fast. The skill level requirement definitely seems noticeably higher in 5v5 but it does feel more rewarding. I do miss the little awards and stats and stuff at the end though.

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
Holy poo poo the Total Mayhem queues aren't empty, for the first time in like two years (Oceania).

Rein's double firestrike makes him even more OP in that mode now, it rules.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Hmm, so I logged into OW2 on my Switch where I have a bunch of gift card nintendo eshop credits. Looks like I can buy OW coins with that. If I buy the coins there, will they also show up on PC? Or will they only be usable on the Switch?

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

teagone posted:

Hmm, so I logged into OW2 on my Switch where I have a bunch of gift card nintendo eshop credits. Looks like I can buy OW coins with that. If I buy the coins there, will they also show up on PC? Or will they only be usable on the Switch?

don't 100% trust me on this but you should be fine since it's linked to your bnet account

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Jack Trades posted:

you're playing overwatch, the horniest game of all time