Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

jokes on them i started as a marauder in 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Jay Rust posted:

Somehow flamethrowers often suck @$$ in fps games. Maybe that’s realistic though

Um please???? Pyro best tf2 class

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Kerrzhe posted:

i had only just heard of marauders today, what even is it?

also i will not stop posting my promotions

congrats, i love seeing new ppl play tekken. i jsut got tekken god the other night for the first time myself

its a long way up but u can get there, i remember struggling to break out of the teal ranks that you're in right now back when i was new to the game

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

Thinking of trying to get into Tekken more seriously when the Steam Deck finally ships here... Dunno how well it works on one but it would be cool if it runs well!
Love the series but I have always been terrible at fighting games, would be cool to get actually decent at one.

Also wondering if there's gonna be an arcade release of Tekken 8 here in Japan at all or if it's just home releases now...

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Remember toribash?

https://i.imgur.com/tZ1fCoc.mp4

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i definitely feel more comfortable in tekken than i did in strive. i feel like i'm able to learn things at a decent pace, and i'm not struggling with basically all of the fundamentals like jumping/airdashing/air-to-air/throws/roman cancels/FD/supers. strive is such a blisteringly fast game that i can't keep up. tekken is such a nice change of pace.

i am still playing around with stuff in training mode, and i keep reading stuff on the internet and when i see something that i didn't know about before, it makes me want to open the game and try it out myself. i'm having a really nice time.

Ms. Unsmiley posted:

congrats, i love seeing new ppl play tekken. i jsut got tekken god the other night for the first time myself

its a long way up but u can get there, i remember struggling to break out of the teal ranks that you're in right now back when i was new to the game

drat that's cool :syoon:

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

toribash oooooowns

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

dudes rock

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This is a good story. The Overwatch update that went live today is really bad. It honestly made no meaningful changes to the gameplay, it just locked away a bunch of heroes, changed the monetization of the game, made it free to play, and added a 2 at the end in order to trick people into thinking it's a sequel. Blizzard needed to rebrand Overwatch because the game was dead.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
lol I don't get why but gamepass keeps letting me resubscribe for a dollar a month

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Wonder if that's just a US thing, I did 3 months for £1 earlier this year, let I run out then tried to re-sub using the £1 a month offer and it wanted to charge me the full monthly rate.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
It didn’t work the first time I tried resubbing. I did the three month pc game pass trial, and when that was up it wanted me pay the full amount to renew. A while later I realized there was a separate trial for gp ultimate, and after that was up it let me renew pc gamepass for a dollar, two months in a row now.

I don’t know if doing the ultimate trial mattered, or if it’s just random.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
So regarding Marauders it turned out to be one of those terrible PvPvE shooters in the vein of Hunt Showdown* that is more interested in being "hardcore" than anything actually resembling fun, on top of that it runs like absolute poo poo and it's not even a particularly good looking game

Should have realized that it being sold at the 30 bucks range for a game that literally just launched as an Early Access title was a massive red flag

*really is a shame, both Hunt Showdown and Marauders are games with fantastic imaginative premises that are ruined by the subgenre they're in

Lavatein
May 5, 2009
The Beijing Dance Cube Invitational tournament is about to begin. 32 of the best players in the city, and thus the country, and thus the world are playing, including your old pal Lavatein!

https://live.bilibili.com/h5/229927...nique_k=Qh4djti

(idk if this stream link works)

I barely qualify for entry so if I win just 1 single song I'll be happy. I'm the only non-Asian in attendance.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Lavatein posted:

The Beijing Dance Cube Invitational tournament is about to begin. 32 of the best players in the city, and thus the country, and thus the world are playing, including your old pal Lavatein!

https://live.bilibili.com/h5/229927...nique_k=Qh4djti

(idk if this stream link works)

I barely qualify for entry so if I win just 1 single song I'll be happy. I'm the only non-Asian in attendance.

that's sick as hell, good luck! those games are insane

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Rinkles posted:

It didn’t work the first time I tried resubbing. I did the three month pc game pass trial, and when that was up it wanted me pay the full amount to renew. A while later I realized there was a separate trial for gp ultimate, and after that was up it let me renew pc gamepass for a dollar, two months in a row now.

Ah yeah I was trying to renew Ultimate again, PC only Gamepass is useless to me and the console only one doesn't have a trial so I just renewed that for £8 lol

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Jay Rust posted:

Somehow flamethrowers often suck @$$ in fps games. Maybe that’s realistic though

i haven't played a single fps game with realistic flamethrowers, for example the US's ww2 era M1A1 flamethrower could shoot napalm a distance of 45 meters
meanwhile in most videogames flamethrowers act more like a lighter and a can of hairspray, shooting a cloud of burning gas 2 meters in front of you and then dissipating to nothing

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Killing Floor's flamethrower class was cool though not necessarily for the flamethrower. The flamethrower was ok but was the standard fps kind. The rest of their weapons were really fun though. As you level that class up the perks change your grenades to incendiary grenades, make the mac10's bullets set things on fire, increase the range of the flamethrower, and there's dlc to get a flare gun revolver you can dual wield and some other dlc that lets you wield a flame cannon.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Been playing a lot of Rise recently now that I've purchased Sunbreak. Still a hell of a lot of fun beating up on some dragons with an exploding hammer.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Games being so bad that I'm forced to make friends IRL for my entertainment is a worst case scenario.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Infinitum posted:

Return to Castle Wolfenstein still reigns supreme as Best Flamethrower in my mind

it was so good, probably my favourite thing about that game. the way the stream moved and how the flames looked (especially on a crt where it lit up the room) was just superb. Can't really think of any good fps flamethrowers either, though I'm sure there are some.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
If third person shooters count the flamethrower in ratchet and clank that shoots ropy strands of lava that upgrades to instant death liquid nitrogen was cool.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

FirstAidKite posted:

Killing Floor's flamethrower class was cool though not necessarily for the flamethrower. The flamethrower was ok but was the standard fps kind. The rest of their weapons were really fun though. As you level that class up the perks change your grenades to incendiary grenades, make the mac10's bullets set things on fire, increase the range of the flamethrower, and there's dlc to get a flare gun revolver you can dual wield and some other dlc that lets you wield a flame cannon.

Killing Floor 2 did a lot to boost up that class compared to the first game

Lavatein
May 5, 2009
Contest is over. I *just* squeaked through in the first round and then I got eliminated by the eventual winner. A few people got some perfect scores on some very hard songs which was amazing to see in person. It was a great time and I'm going to practice twice as hard so I can do even better next year :D

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I said come in! posted:

This is a good story. The Overwatch update that went live today is really bad. It honestly made no meaningful changes to the gameplay, it just locked away a bunch of heroes, changed the monetization of the game, made it free to play, and added a 2 at the end in order to trick people into thinking it's a sequel. Blizzard needed to rebrand Overwatch because the game was dead.

So the big new feature in Overwatch 2 is that it's going to have a PvE mode

....but not until next summer at the earliest.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I think it's clear. One of the five people still working on Overwatch is not pulling their weight.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Still more recent updates than TF2. :smith:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/connoreatspants/status/1577529389146841088?s=46&t=us2oKKCfE7o7vfwhVCnYPA

rox
Sep 7, 2016

Lavatein posted:

Contest is over. I *just* squeaked through in the first round and then I got eliminated by the eventual winner. A few people got some perfect scores on some very hard songs which was amazing to see in person. It was a great time and I'm going to practice twice as hard so I can do even better next year :D

hey congrats :cheers:

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

oh my god they tried to adjust Mario's face to kind of look like Chris Pratt

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
should I know what "the ConnorEatsPants discord" is"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

ConnorEatsPants is a Youtuber

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
The movie is about cosmetic surgery to reduce the size of Mario's nose and put the delicious nose fat into his loose terrible rear end cheeks

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/lackingsaint/status/1577653381283418117

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Rakes sideshow bob etc etc

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

I've been playing Ori and the Will of the Wisps, and I'm enjoying it a lot. Movement in these games feels great, love just bouncing and sliding everywhere. Just unlocked the triple-jump.

I spent like half an hour though beating my head against an area with big Portal-style teleporters in it. A simple enough puzzle, but I could only find three of the four keys I needed to unlock the door at the end. Spent forever SCOURING the place for that fourth key, and like, it just wasn't that complicated an area.

Turns out that these keys are totally fungible, like Small Keys in Ocarina of Time. I'd just found one of them on my first visit, left to go do plot stuff, and solved another area on the other side of the map with only three of THAT temple's four keys, and this one. So after a little while scouring the map and my memory, I found the extra key in an entirely other dungeon and came back for my worthless knicknack.

Game still good, however

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

Rinkles posted:

I just resubbed to Game Pass Ultimate after having the PC only version like 8 months or so ago and I didn't get any opportunity to get the trial. I've heard some people getting it multiple months in a row, so I don't know exactly what causes it.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
I'm pretty sure this means those pre-paid single use burner phones and not a regular pre-paid phone plan. I have a pre-paid plan and it's the same number and company as when I had a regular plan. I doubt Blizzard could even tell the difference if they wanted to.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Kerrzhe posted:

jokes on them i started as a marauder in 2013

enhanche

thicc af

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Finished the Harvestella demo today.
Got really strong Vita game vibes from it. Something about the artstyle, the cheapo animation and the load times I guess.
I did enjoy it though,
I haven't really played much of the "Harvest Moon but more anime and combat" genre, so I don't have much to compare to, but definitely interested in playing more at some point.