Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
Yeah we must have been at the last one, “Lone Star Le Mans” in 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

They also raced at COTA in the earlier part of 2020. It wasn't originally on the schedule but they were unable to go to Interlagos for whatever reason.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Petit Le Mans was very fun last night.

DPi was fun but it's FINALLY time to put it in H!

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

harperdc posted:

The first lap of the Aragon MotoGP today was goddamn frightening. Luckily it seems nobody was badly hurt.

Not sure if you cross post here and there but we have a motogp thread in cycle asylum in case you didn’t know.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Russian Bear posted:

Not sure if you cross post here and there but we have a motogp thread in cycle asylum in case you didn’t know.

I remember there was a thread there a couple seasons back, but it wasn’t super active. I’ll go check for this year’s thread, thanks!

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

It's that time of year again where I remember (v8) supercars still exists because Bathurst is on. Lets have a look at the weather forecast.

Good luck with your 5 sets of wets guys.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Oh hey it’s Bogan Christmas, there we go. And it’ll be wet. Fun!

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

stupid games, stupid prizes.

https://twitter.com/DallasTexasTV/status/1577480644245921792

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
The eastern side of the ranges are currently gearing up for what could be our 4th 1 in 100 year flood in the last 12 months. If my front yard is anything to go by any excursion off track will be a boggy affair.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

What a neat trick!

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
Bathurst is kinda being Bathurst this year. The top 10 shootout was cancelled after a massive dump of rain moved across the circuit in the hour or 2 that it was supposed to happen. They've also closed all of the parking at the circuit due to all of it turning to mud . Being country NSW the parking area is more or less a field for a majority of the year and not designed to cope with thousands of cars when the soil is saturated as it's been for months now

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Bathurst has gone woke!

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Are people still burying cartons of beer to dig up on Raceday?

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
Anybody watching the DTM on Hockenheim? Jc what a shitstow. First time seeing an engine completely isolated lying on the track.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Are people still burying cartons of beer to dig up on Raceday?

This is my favorite.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

algebra testes posted:

This is my favorite.

They had to do that after the draconian one carton (24 cans) per person per day limit was brought in.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

They had to do that after the draconian one carton (24 cans) per person per day limit was brought in.

that is absolutely the punchline to it. wonder how many of those will float free of their current resting places with this rain.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Looks like someone been searching for the buried tinnies under the turn 1 runnoff

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
They’ve also been looking at the chase from what I’ve seen.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Safety car on lap 1. Good news is it looks like Whingecup could already out

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
A real "iracing" start there.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

loving lol what the hell was that dude thinking coming back onto the track?

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

This entire race is going to be a hilarious disaster.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

You Am I posted:

Slicks on mud? Yeah c'mon the amount of control was about zero

Edit : Crompton is a idiot, he should STFU

CAT INTERCEPTOR fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Oct 9, 2022

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

“Ah yeah we’ve got a burst water main just spewing water onto the track. Should be all good, yeah?”

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

You Am I posted:

Looking at the replay just now, it appears his car had just fully locked up and kept sliding forward in the line he was going, missed the wall and ended up back on the track. Don’t think it was intentional.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Once he was off his choices were the wall or hope he could control it back on to the track. The move was pretty dumb to start with. First racing pitstops are going to be fun with that water over the pit entry :getin:

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Rain :munch:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://i.imgur.com/WAq7FGr.mp4

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

probably forgot to turn on his polarizer

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

yeah she will be right mate

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

yeah she will be right mate

That's restrictor plate racing!

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
I miss the old days where it'd take them the whole day to do the number of laps around Bathurst. These days it's more of a long distance sprint race

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
supercars in the mud

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Big off for the DJR car. I wonder what happened, there's no replays yet

EDIT: Ah, brake lock up and understeer on the entry to the chase

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Dr. Garbanzo posted:

I miss the old days where it'd take them the whole day to do the number of laps around Bathurst. These days it's more of a long distance sprint race

Same, I miss the 8am starts.

But having said that, I had time this morning to do some jobs around the house before the race started!

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Dr. Garbanzo posted:

Bring back 55 car fields with a variety of cars and speed with amateur drivers getting blamed when the pros make mistakes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Bring back 55 car fields with a variety of cars and speed with amateur drivers getting blamed when the pros make mistakes

Yeah it sucks that Supercars doesn't allow the guys who just want to run the two enduros. I think they were killed off in the early 2000s. No more Daily Planet car