Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

if i ever reinstall eve:online: the second genesis again i will not be venturing more than 5 jumps from amamake

groon pleas relocate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.

Rudeboy Detective posted:

It might even be worse than that. I've talked to pubbies I've known for years who have repeated a line about delta being on the horde payroll. Not to mention the insane way karmafleet circles the wagons like a lunatic cult at any hint of criticism towards a member as important and highly valued as -checks notes- xenuria.

My sample size is small, but cheesus cripes.

There’s a non-trivial number of illum types that know/remember Arkhamina, Joe Richter, and the ex and when they all started comparing notes in the previous thread I think some illusions were shattered.

Good loving luck convincing the pubbies though. Considering someone in goonwaffe was banned last week for that poo poo the brain worms run deep.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

lifetime supply of Pocky posted:

that's a whole lots of words to say that some assholes vindictively abused their authority to purge a sqad of whistleblowers head-to-toe

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

groon pleas relocate

we will never abandon the space bidet

windex
Aug 2, 2006

One thing living in Japan does is cement the fact that ignoring the opinions of others is a perfectly valid life strategy.

andromache posted:

I think the people who are looking back at this now a quarter later can, at least privately, recognize emotions were running high and there was overreaction. I don’t see anyone at this point particularly interested in reaching across at this point, but maybe in the future. I think trust is too broken for words right now anyway, so I’m guessing just give it time. But you are correct that the personalities that had axes to grind about SA/delta are no longer active.

Technically the reaching across job falls to me because I somehow became the goon facing diplomat, but I'm only good at longposting or shitposting, so here goes longposting:

It is really easy to be on good terms with Goosefleet. There are five main areas of discussion that are relevant to this:

1) I want you to understand that when ya'll see like 20-30 people left over this, you're missing the point a little bit. We had another 20-30 bitter vets (hi!) pop up out of retirement and join Goosefleet. We've also acquired probably 20-30 people who 1) are goons who never joined Goonfleet (either due to era of last playing eve or for reasons), or 2) are goons and are absolute newbies who had never flown an internet spaceship but we basically throw skill injectors and isk at newbies so suddenly they're flying recons/HACs/marauders and it's terrifying.

In the end, we have around 90-100 living and breathing folks (although to be fair, we've had a few retire already and honestly we need to do a little bit of purging of folks who came around initially and then re-won eve). With just a little bit of work we've managed to build out a J-space system that is pretty much capable of manufacturing everything in game available to wormholes over the last few months, and are relatively well established, but still flushing out logistics for t2/t3 production so we can go be internet space assholes a little easier than having to fly poo poo in from highsec all the time.

I would say 35% log in daily, 70% log in weekly, and the rest once and awhile (usually when we plan stuff, but J-space and planning are not all that compatible). By and large, I would say the bitter vets group is not interested in playing nullsec sovereignty space simulator ever again, but that's mostly a CCP problem, more than it's a GSF problem.

On the whole, we keep adding people every week, which probably surprises me more than it does you.

2) There is one main recurring theme in complaints about GSF from our rank and file members: Don't let people get away with saying poo poo that would get them banned on SA.

The reason this is a problem, illustrated: I'm now a 41 year old still fat white dude, and I have three black kids who came from extremely unfortunate circumstances, and I have had to have DOZENS of conversations about dumb white kids using the n-word at school and nobody doing anything about it. Two of my kids are girls, and we have had DOZENS of discussions about young men and/or boys behaving badly towards them and nobody doing anything about it. This flat out happens because too many of these kids have parents or role models that casually throw around slurs and treat women like poo poo.

Why the gently caress is that behavior socially tolerated at all in a group of mostly old men? The stupid racist/sexist/anti-people-just-living-their-best-lives poo poo we (and I mean ALL of SA) collectively did in the 2000s was bad enough then, but this is fuckin internet spaceships, not court, and trying to judge assholes by intent when they are on the repeat rear end in a top hat list just isn't worth it.

Nobody should be put in a position where they have to tolerate that poo poo; if you choose to leave the nazi alone in the bar, you'll wind up with a nazi bar, and eventually, no customers but nazis. I don't think GSF (the bar) is in this position yet, but it sure as hell seems like it's headed there every time we have one of these stupid forum posting extravaganzas.

3) Goonfleet has long had issues dealing with sex pest types. I mean around 2007-2008 when BFM hooked up with a literal child and probably committed several felonies by US standards, then lied about it and tried to manufacture a cover-up and whatever, all of that was basically treated like "oh uhhh nobody got convicted of anything so welp", and by 2010 when I came back after a hiatus, BFM was a fuckin director. :confused:

We had a similar issue with GI Joe Dirtbag back then and he wound up self evicting from GSF if I recall due to the amount of poo poo he was being given, not because Goonfleet decided to boot him.

I don't actually know the backstory with Xenuria, but I am not surprised in the slightest by the summaries, given how those two events were handled that I do know about from the past.

4) This post by you is the first kind of sort of maybe we also hosed up here posted by anyone in GSF leadership.

I don't think anyone now in Goosefleet actually cares about going back to GSF at this point; so it's not actually a thing like people seeking amnesty or whatever for practical purpose as much as it is moral, but in response to your comment above about Delta squad hijinks, it's like this: Goosefleet leadership has repeatedly made the executive decision to not have forums, and to focus on discord and wiki docs, so that most of the people who are active are focused on doing things related to internet spaceships when they are active. Forum drama is a real thing that happens and it's very time-wastey and the result of bored goons, and this is as true on SA as it is on GF.com. We're all older, have families, and we all have poo poo to do and plans we're executing when we do have time to play eve, so there's just no time for bored posting, and as such, no room for forum drama.

5) At this point in time, and in my personal opinion, all of the issues of contention over history between GSF, Groon in the past, and now Goosefleet are resolvable problems.

IIRC, even the original divide with Groon was caused by people not even playing internet spaceships anymore.

It's not hard to set and enforce expectations like "treat people like human beings, using slurs is bad, internet spaceships guild is not your local dive bar dating scene".

At the end of the day, the original purpose of Goonfleet/GSF was to enable goons to play internet spaceships however they wanted to play internet spaceships. Whether that's in Syndicate, J-space, or Delve, it shouldn't actually matter.

We now have three main groups of goons playing internet spaceships with their own logistics and supply chain in completely different ways, two of whom feel conflicted in different ways about poo poo that happened with GSF in either far or recent past that *I* believe are easily resolved.

And if we get to that point, as far as I am concerned, reconnecting these three groups in internet spaceships is literally just standings, and every flavor of goon can be free to goon it up in Syndicate, wormholes, or Delve as their interest aligns. Then, we can all go blow up ships, disrupt supply chains, and otherwise screw over assholes in internet spaceships together, admittedly using totally different methods, with unified end goals.

But getting there isn't really up to us.

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

windex posted:

Technically the reaching across job falls to me because I somehow became the goon facing diplomat, but I'm only good at longposting or shitposting, so here goes longposting:

It is really easy to be on good terms with Goosefleet. There are five main areas of discussion that are relevant to this:

1) I want you to understand that when ya'll see like 20-30 people left over this, you're missing the point a little bit. We had another 20-30 bitter vets (hi!) pop up out of retirement and join Goosefleet. We've also acquired probably 20-30 people who 1) are goons who never joined Goonfleet (either due to era of last playing eve or for reasons), or 2) are goons and are absolute newbies who had never flown an internet spaceship but we basically throw skill injectors and isk at newbies so suddenly they're flying recons/HACs/marauders and it's terrifying.

In the end, we have around 90-100 living and breathing folks (although to be fair, we've had a few retire already and honestly we need to do a little bit of purging of folks who came around initially and then re-won eve). With just a little bit of work we've managed to build out a J-space system that is pretty much capable of manufacturing everything in game available to wormholes over the last few months, and are relatively well established, but still flushing out logistics for t2/t3 production so we can go be internet space assholes a little easier than having to fly poo poo in from highsec all the time.

I would say 35% log in daily, 70% log in weekly, and the rest once and awhile (usually when we plan stuff, but J-space and planning are not all that compatible). By and large, I would say the bitter vets group is not interested in playing nullsec sovereignty space simulator ever again, but that's mostly a CCP problem, more than it's a GSF problem.

On the whole, we keep adding people every week, which probably surprises me more than it does you.

2) There is one main recurring theme in complaints about GSF from our rank and file members: Don't let people get away with saying poo poo that would get them banned on SA.

The reason this is a problem, illustrated: I'm now a 41 year old still fat white dude, and I have three black kids who came from extremely unfortunate circumstances, and I have had to have DOZENS of conversations about dumb white kids using the n-word at school and nobody doing anything about it. Two of my kids are girls, and we have had DOZENS of discussions about young men and/or boys behaving badly towards them and nobody doing anything about it. This flat out happens because too many of these kids have parents or role models that casually throw around slurs and treat women like poo poo.

Why the gently caress is that behavior socially tolerated at all in a group of mostly old men? The stupid racist/sexist/anti-people-just-living-their-best-lives poo poo we (and I mean ALL of SA) collectively did in the 2000s was bad enough then, but this is fuckin internet spaceships, not court, and trying to judge assholes by intent when they are on the repeat rear end in a top hat list just isn't worth it.

Nobody should be put in a position where they have to tolerate that poo poo; if you choose to leave the nazi alone in the bar, you'll wind up with a nazi bar, and eventually, no customers but nazis. I don't think GSF (the bar) is in this position yet, but it sure as hell seems like it's headed there every time we have one of these stupid forum posting extravaganzas.

3) Goonfleet has long had issues dealing with sex pest types. I mean around 2007-2008 when BFM hooked up with a literal child and probably committed several felonies by US standards, then lied about it and tried to manufacture a cover-up and whatever, all of that was basically treated like "oh uhhh nobody got convicted of anything so welp", and by 2010 when I came back after a hiatus, BFM was a fuckin director. :confused:

We had a similar issue with GI Joe Dirtbag back then and he wound up self evicting from GSF if I recall due to the amount of poo poo he was being given, not because Goonfleet decided to boot him.

I don't actually know the backstory with Xenuria, but I am not surprised in the slightest by the summaries, given how those two events were handled that I do know about from the past.

4) This post by you is the first kind of sort of maybe we also hosed up here posted by anyone in GSF leadership.

I don't think anyone now in Goosefleet actually cares about going back to GSF at this point; so it's not actually a thing like people seeking amnesty or whatever for practical purpose as much as it is moral, but in response to your comment above about Delta squad hijinks, it's like this: Goosefleet leadership has repeatedly made the executive decision to not have forums, and to focus on discord and wiki docs, so that most of the people who are active are focused on doing things related to internet spaceships when they are active. Forum drama is a real thing that happens and it's very time-wastey and the result of bored goons, and this is as true on SA as it is on GF.com. We're all older, have families, and we all have poo poo to do and plans we're executing when we do have time to play eve, so there's just no time for bored posting, and as such, no room for forum drama.

5) At this point in time, and in my personal opinion, all of the issues of contention over history between GSF, Groon in the past, and now Goosefleet are resolvable problems.

IIRC, even the original divide with Groon was caused by people not even playing internet spaceships anymore.

It's not hard to set and enforce expectations like "treat people like human beings, using slurs is bad, internet spaceships guild is not your local dive bar dating scene".

At the end of the day, the original purpose of Goonfleet/GSF was to enable goons to play internet spaceships however they wanted to play internet spaceships. Whether that's in Syndicate, J-space, or Delve, it shouldn't actually matter.

We now have three main groups of goons playing internet spaceships with their own logistics and supply chain in completely different ways, two of whom feel conflicted in different ways about poo poo that happened with GSF in either far or recent past that *I* believe are easily resolved.

And if we get to that point, as far as I am concerned, reconnecting these three groups in internet spaceships is literally just standings, and every flavor of goon can be free to goon it up in Syndicate, wormholes, or Delve as their interest aligns. Then, we can all go blow up ships, disrupt supply chains, and otherwise screw over assholes in internet spaceships together, admittedly using totally different methods, with unified end goals.

:yeah:

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
We did not gently caress up, well maybe there could be a few less hauler losses but other than that we good.

learnincurve fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Oct 5, 2022

Dukes Mayo Clinic
Aug 31, 2009
I have never hosed up, only taught myself unexpected lessons.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

windex posted:

:honk:

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

windex posted:

he is the only illum left to say this at all.

the rest left.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Dukes Mayo Clinic posted:

I have never hosed up, only taught myself unexpected lessons.

The new jita routes are like the Spanish Inquisition for returning players, they did what now?

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

learnincurve posted:

The new jita routes are like the Spanish Inquisition for returning players, they did what now?

I may return very soon, what did they do?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Adolf Glitter posted:

So they moved a big chunk of space out of empire which made jita worse you got to go a crazy number of jumps from rens or amarr to get there via high sec or you take short cuts through low. On top of that there is a 0.5 system near jita that has been made ganker's paradise so travelling in high sec is currently "live streams of a 0.5" levels of meta https://www.twitch.tv/Uedamascout

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

ded posted:

he is the only illum left to say this at all.

the rest left.

In 100% Letterkenny to be fair, I’ve consistently said it here, in delta discord, and on jabber since July that there were fuckups/emotional overreactions in GSF leaderships response. It’s like I’d go to sleep at night after spending the day attempting to calm poo poo down and wake up to some people doing petty dumb poo poo and a mass overreaction of poorly documented bans.

No joke that entire two weeks I’d wake up in the morning, check my phone, and just see a block of emails of people banned overnight while some sad nerd was likely reading the forums, drinking whiskey, crying into his beard, while pounding “delta schismatic” into the ban entry.

It didn’t help (and killed my motivation to help) when people like loving Shane McGowan who I knew were banned on the flimsiest of bullshit and I was working to get unbanned go like bitterest of bitter ex breakup. Because then anyone I get to review their stuff reads a little bit of SA crazy-ex posting and is like “nah, we good.”

I had proposed a rule, and maybe I revisit it with Asher, that we treat bannings like we do software promotions. The guy proposing the ban can’t be the person approving the ban, and ban doesn’t get approved without some basic documentation. I’ll probably have to wait until some dumbass gets banned for something that wasn’t a ban offense before I can raise it as still a problem.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Adolf Glitter posted:

They put Niarja in triangle space, meaning that the 9 jump “all highsec” trip between Jita and Amarr became 40something jumps, with Uedama being the new “kill everything expensive” death system.

You can still go between Jita and Amarr in a few jumps if you take a little low sec, but it killed freightering between the hubs.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

andromache posted:

It didn’t help (and killed my motivation to help) when people like loving Shane McGowan who I knew were banned on the flimsiest of bullshit and I was working to get unbanned go like bitterest of bitter ex breakup. Because then anyone I get to review their stuff reads a little bit of SA crazy-ex posting and is like “nah, we good.”

This is amazing, tell me more about how I hurt your feelings

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

andromache posted:

In 100% Letterkenny to be fair, I’ve consistently said it here, in delta discord, and on jabber since July that there were fuckups/emotional overreactions in GSF leaderships response. It’s like I’d go to sleep at night after spending the day attempting to calm poo poo down and wake up to some people doing petty dumb poo poo and a mass overreaction of poorly documented bans.

No joke that entire two weeks I’d wake up in the morning, check my phone, and just see a block of emails of people banned overnight while some sad nerd was likely reading the forums, drinking whiskey, crying into his beard, while pounding “delta schismatic” into the ban entry.

I had proposed a rule, and maybe I revisit it with Asher, that we treat bannings like we do software promotions. The guy proposing the ban can’t be the person approving the ban, and ban doesn’t get approved without some basic documentation. I’ll probably have to wait until some dumbass gets banned for something that wasn’t a ban offense before I can raise it as still a problem.

That must have been so hard for you. I'm sure the abused who went ignored will be understanding of it.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

This is amazing, tell me more about how I hurt your feelings

You post like a psycho ex-gf, not much else to say

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Rust Martialis posted:

coming from you? :ironicat:

But unlike Atrum, I've never bragged about how many gamer words I can get into a dunk on someone loving up a reimbursement request

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

andromache posted:

:laffo:

There's 0% chance this will be implemented.

I hope I'm wrong.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Rust Martialis posted:

That's because he is. I realized that shane was legit crazy when the goose dude was here and shane would go literally apeshit at every one of their post. awww good times

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Wibla posted:

:laffo:

There's 0% chance this will be implemented.

I hope I'm wrong.

There's 0% chance of implementing a rule that would prevent people from power tripping? okay

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Dalael posted:

That's because he is. I realized that shane was legit crazy when the goose dude was here and shane would go literally apeshit at every one of their post. awww good times

Hmmm, like you've never had a meltdown in this thread. You have them elsewhere though

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Hmmm, like you've never had a meltdown in this thread. You have them elsewhere though

My man, ive had more meltdowns in my life than I can count. But none were about some dumb poster posting things i didnt like. But please, tell me more about my meltdowns in this thread or elsewhere.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

lol, check your own rapsheet

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

get a room folks

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

they brought me up, I want to talk about the terrible submarine game

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

lol, check your own rapsheet

Being probated and melting down are not the same thing bud

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Ugh

Posting about posters is currently dull

There is an option for people who think we are all idiots and it’s factional warfare, getting a big update and the beginning of all the new story stuff is happening right now, I believe we have people ITT who can give advice and whatnot

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

tbh, I'm turning all the poo poo I evac'd from Delve into cap components. Hell, I might be able to build my own dread

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

I put a character in galmil and have been running around attempting to shoot squids in my Federation Navy cop car

I like to play Eve Online

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

i wish i had more time to play

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

i have lots of fun when i do

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

they brought me up, I want to talk about the terrible submarine game

It would be more fun submarine game if Dscan pinging was detectable and also detected at farther ranges out than were effective for the pilot doing the scanning.

Both more “realistic” submarines, and Globby would have an orgasm hotdropping on 30b+ isk haulers :smug:.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

It does that scanning thing when you first load into a system. They could expand on that in null or wormholes, don't ask me how though

angry armadillo
Jul 26, 2010
Do we have any Of Sound Mind posters?

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

angry armadillo posted:

Search your heart and you will find that the answer is no.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

andromache posted:

this doesn't sound like an organization i would like to join

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

angry armadillo posted:

Yes, but I'm a bad poster :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

did omegafleet ever actually get fielded? I remember during the halloween war the idea was the alpha slowcats from outside their sentry range, but then they just offloaded remote rep to aeons and switched archon highs to link augs to match range, then B-R happened

anyway did long range dread gun meta ever return between then and WWB?