Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
gently caress the...
This poll is closed.
Cowboys 82 42.05%
Commanders (really, that's the name?) 38 19.49%
Giants 29 14.87%
Eagles 46 23.59%
Total: 116 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

FogHelmut posted:

Ah yes, WIP callers.

WIP gets a lot of black callers and non suburban callers . Or did when I listened a lot

The white suburbanite opinion does get magnified tho Becuase of how our dumb society is structured

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
I feel like Howie is back to being appreciated now that the WR corps isn't such an awful mess. He took a lot of poo poo over the years for his misses in that one spot.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Cartoon Man posted:

This is what a competent front office does:

https://twitter.com/granthpaulsen/status/1577500375187423232?s=20&t=J4mWDeR99xVVsfRw-uRAYw

The Eagles are currently picking ahead of the Commanders.

I know Howie's wet dream is to trade the Saints pick for a haul of even more picks, but just gimme Will Anderson if the pick is that high

Toaster Beef posted:

I feel like Howie is back to being appreciated now that the WR corps isn't such an awful mess. He took a lot of poo poo over the years for his misses in that one spot.

Every move Howie made since coming back from exile to winning the Super Bowl was gold

Then just about every move between winning the Super Bowl and the Wentz trade was an abject disaster

Then since the Wentz trade, it's back to gold again

Streakiest GM ever

Game-Blouses
Dec 18, 2008
You can pencil in a DE with the Saints pick (as of now). Long term they have Sweat and pretty much nothing.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

A lot of the non eagles fans itt last season including myself were trying to tell you guys that hurts was going to show up at some point

Eagles are going deep this year, curious to see how the playoffs shake out

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

It's amazing how well the Hurts draft, when it was disliked by everybody at the time, has worked out great for everybody but Wentz, which is cool and good. Thank you Wentz for being unreliable

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

It’s rare that a team gives its QB the correct amount of time to develop before throwing them under the bus.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Perhaps Hurts will instead find himself atop a bus, hoisting aloft a magnificent trophy :unsmith:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

beep by grandpa posted:

It's amazing how well the Hurts draft, when it was disliked by everybody at the time, has worked out great for everybody but Wentz, which is cool and good. Thank you Wentz for being unreliable

I loved the hurts pick when it was made .

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

beep by grandpa posted:

It helped that Wentz has often acted like an unaccountable headcase during and since his final season with the birds. He's an easy guy to dislike from a fan perspective. It amplifies the negative impact of his heroball failures.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

A lot of the non eagles fans itt last season including myself were trying to tell you guys that hurts was going to show up at some point

A lot of what I saw from fellow Eagles fans amounted to "I like the guy a lot, I'm rooting for him, but he needs to improve before we can think of him as anything more than temporary." Which is where I stood, as well.

Hurts's head down/do the work/plow into the end zone with defenders on his back/let the results do the talking approach means he and Minshew now represent, respectively, how Philadelphia sees itself versus how the rest of the country sees Philadelphia

edit: though maybe that's more true in a pre-gritty world, because i think philly has very much embraced its inner chaos agent over the past half-decade or so

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
preface: I love watching the team this year. roster is stacked and Hurts is fun as hell, I'm rooting for him. if they win the division I will probably buy a Hurts jersey

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

he looks like he's taken a step forward (especially throwing deep, which is amazing given how most of his outside/deep throws looked last year. still has some blimps when he doesn't set properly, but drat) but it's week 4. the league is littered with examples of guys who had a stretch of improved play early on, even a whole season of it (Baker, Mariota, Trubisky [arguably], Foles and Wentz). I’m not hiring the sculptor just yet

Cartoon Man posted:

It’s rare that a team gives its QB the correct amount of time to develop before throwing them under the bus.

Roseman does an all-world job of putting the team in a great position to fix mistakes/deficiencies on the fly as far as picks, trades, and contracts go (they kinda had to give Wentz that extension so I don't super blame him for that) but it's not like this was the plan

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Toaster Beef posted:

A lot of what I saw from fellow Eagles fans amounted to "I like the guy a lot, I'm rooting for him, but he needs to improve before we can think of him as anything more than temporary." Which is where I stood, as well.

To be fair, this is pretty much what every single commentator on NFC East football had been saying right up until this season's opening game.

Heck, even with most Eagles fans on the bandwagon, it seems like Hurts is the one thing national analysts are holding out on from putting the Eagles atop the elite teams, though they've been slowly coming around week over week. Which is probably fair, I think he needs to show he can be consistently this good and healthy over a season to get anything like Mahomes, Jackson or Allen level respect. Josh Allen was bad until he proved he was good.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

iamsosmrt posted:

Heck, even with most Eagles fans on the bandwagon, it seems like Hurts is the one thing national analysts are holding out on from putting the Eagles atop the elite teams, though they've been slowly coming around week over week.

They should just put this clip on repeat. I still cannot loving believe this god drat play

https://twitter.com/JClarkNBCS/status/1572042034612936704?t=

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

beep by grandpa posted:

They should just put this clip on repeat. I still cannot loving believe this god drat play

https://twitter.com/JClarkNBCS/status/1572042034612936704?t=

this makes me feel the same way as a lot of Ja Morant highlights, it's so fun to watch but he needs to chill if he wants to make it to a second big extension

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

indigi posted:

this makes me feel the same way as a lot of Ja Morant highlights, it's so fun to watch but he needs to chill if he wants to make it to a second big extension

Yup. It's an amazing play and one of the few times I've had like a legit aloud OMG from the gut as a play ensued in a long while. But he can't do this too often, although if it happens on the winning drive of a Superbowl he'd be immortalized.

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
It's nice to have a team that's good and has likeable players. They genuinely seem to be having fun out there.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

indigi posted:

I can't find the pic but pretend I posted a sideline shot of Hurt's final lunge there, completely horizontal over the earth and I said "his big extension is right here, buddy", and then everybody clapped + gisele kissed me (and we got married)

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Shyfted One posted:

It's nice to have a team that's good and has likeable players. They genuinely seem to be having fun out there.

Y’all begging the clownball Gods to intervene.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Gisele is single now so maybe that happened

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Let’s see how eagles related media is handling the hot start

Hmm i see

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

4 wins against the Lions, Vikings, Commanders, and Jaguars: Are The Eagles the Michael Jordan Of Teams

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

epic bacon posted:

4 wins against the Lions, Vikings, Commanders, and Jaguars: Are The Eagles the Michael Jordan Of Teams

Yes

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Anyways I hope Siriani is better than Belichick who has not been great .

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

When I see Hurts I see a younger, better Tom Brady who's even more likable and respected than Peyton Manning.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

He truly is the Mike Vick of Ron Jaworskis

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

post-career Eli is more likable than Peyton imo

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Hurts has no personality and is all football he's basically a more likable russell wilson

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

I'm glad no one's questioning Hurt's superiority to Brady.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Doltos posted:

Hurts has no personality and is all football he's basically a more likable russell wilson

wtf have you not seen him celebrate after those big plays

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

beep by grandpa posted:

Lol

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

everyone really gotta find a reason to hate this on this man huh

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

It's not hate, doing fist pumps after a play isn't personality

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

complete nonsense- popping off with running dance moves, poses, and other big swagger celebration poo poo with your buds after succeeding at some badass poo poo when all eyes are directly on you is indeed a very clear glimpse into expression and personality since it is all optional and not part of the game?? does he need to be a stereotype token character or something?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

nah not really

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Of course yall haven't seen his loving terrible acting commercials for local car dealerships. If there was ever a statistical indicator for player greatness, it's gotta be incredibly stiff local car dealership ads.

I'm still not sold on his passing, the runs have me uneasy too since he isn't really big.

I didn't like the hurts pick at the time it was too high and still a lot of rope for Wentz to shake off that one bad year and come back mvp but we all saw how that went. I'm sure the behind the scenes it was already well understood he was a being a huge piece of poo poo and it was a shot across the bow for him to grow up and instead Wentz doubled down on shithead.

Howie has been derided because he has a lot of real loving bad 1st round picks especially receivers. Which is probably unfair since the draft is so arbitrary you're only going to make a "good" 1st round pick 50% of the time anyway. Missing on high profile positions like receiver amplify the visibility.

Not his pick but, remember Marcus Smith? Lol

Game-Blouses
Dec 18, 2008
At least he traded back a few picks first! That was a bad one…

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
this might just be me making poo poo up based on half remembered things, but howe definitely has had some 1st round clunkers, but is loving incredible at drafting in rounds 2-5

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

aBagorn posted:

this might just be me making poo poo up based on half remembered things, but howe definitely has had some 1st round clunkers, but is loving incredible at drafting in rounds 2-5

These are the Eagles' first rounders from 2010 onto last year:

2010: Brandon Graham
2011: Danny Watkins
2012: Fletcher Cox
2013: Lane Johnson
2014: Marcus Smith II
2015: Nelson Agholor
2016: Carson Wentz
2017: Derek Barnett
2019: Andre Dillard
2020: Jalen Reagor
Last year: DeVonta Smith

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

beep by grandpa posted:

complete nonsense- popping off with running dance moves, poses, and other big swagger celebration poo poo with your buds after succeeding at some badass poo poo when all eyes are directly on you is indeed a very clear glimpse into expression and personality since it is all optional and not part of the game?? does he need to be a stereotype token character or something?

beep by grandpa posted:

beep by grandpa posted:

everyone really gotta find a reason to hate this on this man huh

I meant that he was wooden as gently caress during the manningcast and kept paying attention to the game over them but go off king of jalenhurtsstans