Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Large Testicles posted:

don't 100% trust me on this but you should be fine since it's linked to your bnet account

I'll test it out with a fiver later today I guess. But I figured just now it's not that big of a deal if they don't, since whatever cosmetics I unlock on the Switch with the coins will be on PC too. It's more just for convenience, lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

TenementFunster posted:

you're playing overwatch, the horniest game of all time

https://youtu.be/jX0LugfTiT0

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Is it just me or are there no "Hero Challenges"?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Raged posted:

Is it just me or are there no "Hero Challenges"?

Guessing that's where the Kiriko challenges will show up after December for players who got the game after the first battle pass season is over or for players who never reached tier 55 to unlock her. Same goes for other heroes after their BP season expires.

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
Holy poo poo the Total Mayhem queues aren't empty, for the first time in like two years (Oceania).

Rein's double firestrike makes him even more OP in that mode now, it rules.

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

Hugoon Chavez posted:

New Zen kick is probably one of the funniest things in the game and whoever came up with that simple and perfect buff needs a raise. I had an blade Genji dash towards me and come up just a tiny bit short, kicked him on his stupid face then headshot him two meters away.

Zen kick is very funny. Even if you don't win the bout you can tell it's still a bit of a surprise for the recipients.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Push continues to be a terrible game mode, it's extremely hard for a losing team to turn the game around.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I miss the time when you could look at a character and instantly see if they were a tank or not.

Instead of now when everyone playing Doomfist and Junker Queen that have the same proportions as literally any of the DPS characters.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

it's worth swapping primary and alt fire on Kiriko imo, it feels weird using her darts with RMB

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

I bought this orange Kiriko skin with legacy coins, but it's bugged and not letting me equip it. Any idea how to fix this?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Is it just my game or is the big OW2 feature, the Ping System, isn't even loving bound to any button by default?

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

Presumably they'll do something about there being nothing in the game to prevent a nanoblade

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Jack Trades posted:

Is it just my game or is the big OW2 feature, the Ping System, isn't even loving bound to any button by default?

idk but mine was bound to the same button I used for push-to-talk, which was extremely confusing for a bit.

Hashy posted:

Presumably they'll do something about there being nothing in the game to prevent a nanoblade

that would devalue the mythic skin though

DVA can eat the nano, hog can counter with Whole Hog because a deflecting Genji isn't doing anything else and now you can stop/start whole hog, Mei freeze is still a slow even if it's not a stun, lamp and trance eats into blade time, and Ana can always get lucky/git gud and sleep him

Gravitas Shortfall fucked around with this message at 11:51 on Oct 5, 2022

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I suppose it makes perfect sense that dva can eat nano but I've literally never seen it happen in trash ranks or qp

Proven
Aug 8, 2007

Lurker

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

so does anyone know how to unlock characters for comp? because whenever I ask in game people just tell me to play the game but it feels pretty gross to play comp with a tiny fraction of the roster unlocked and its unclear if I specifically have to play in comp to unlock characters for comp

Your account is bugged and you should make a ticket. It might resolve itself eventually though. Otherwise it’s “win/play X games in any mode”.

Jack Trades posted:

It’s bound to middle mouse/Mouse3 by default. You might have that taken by something already?

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

I suppose it makes perfect sense that dva can eat nano but I've literally never seen it happen in trash ranks or qp

Actually I'm wrong about that, I thought she could but I double checked and turns out, nope. It can be interrupted by CC though.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Finally got in and spammed some junk grenades in mystery heroes for while. I had a reasonably good time doing so.

Sure does seem like some Overwatch-rear end Overwatch! Worst thing I can really say about it is I guess I gotta re-queue after every match now? Oh, and suddenly it takes too many clicks of my hello button to get D.Va to say "hey daddio" with her Cruiser skin equipped, what the hell

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N
It's kind of wild that skins and such cost exactly the same either in "Legacy Credits" from OW1 or new real-money Coins. That means essentially I was able to bring over like $750 ""worth"" of currency that I got from free lootboxes. At least for those cosmetics that aren't exclusive to the battlepass or store or whatever.

Hargrimm fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Oct 5, 2022

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Been playing quickplay and MH on my lunchbreak, MH feels the same as always, QP feels like you have to form a deathball at all costs. Whenever I tried to take a highground angle as Ana I'd just get mown down.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Game seems fun, shiny and super smooth. I suppose playing OW2 on a next gen console is better than playing OW1 on a (then) min-spec laptop with poo poo settings and resolution. Bonus points because I used to wear my newborn daughter in a sling on my chest while playing on said laptop, my now 6yo daughter was sat next to me on the couch slackjawed watching everything explode.

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Hashy posted:

one of you probably have asia/europe/america ticked while the other doesnt

Nope.

Both properly sent to America.

Even restarted both computers.

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Been playing a bit today since it was quiet. It's been nice and I wouldn't mind getting back into it for a bit. Is there any kind of discord or whatever? I used to be on a Overchill discord but I figure they expanded beyond SA now and last I checked there it was chaotic and busy and I didn't feel comfortable. I just want to have some chill casual games with folk :3:

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

Tried this out after taking a year or two off from Overwatch.

Still seems like the old Overwatch I know? Fun enough, but I don't know if I'll be playing in two months.

I linked my PS account with my Battle.net account and nothing seems to have transferred. Doesn't seem like a huge loss, as I'm just focusing on the limited selection of characters I have as I re-learn this and I don't give a gently caress about skins or whatever, but that doesn't seem optimal. Seems like I have no history at all, now.

Lord Packinham
Dec 30, 2006
:<
Yea, this game just doesn’t feel different enough and the monetization is brutal, I’m surprised they aren’t giving more free stuff away to get people to play but for the most part this feels like a content patch to OW1.

If you still liked Overwatch then this is probably better but if you fell off, this isn’t going to be good enough to feel worth it. Also, the cyberpunk skins are almost all terrible.

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!

Jack Trades posted:

It was default G for me.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I sorta feel the opposite, I really didn't enjoy OW past the first few months due to how ubiquitous ults and shields were, and this did a lot to address both. It's a lot more fun for me than OW1 was.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Countblanc posted:

I sorta feel the opposite, I really didn't enjoy OW past the first few months due to how ubiquitous ults and shields were, and this did a lot to address both. It's a lot more fun for me than OW1 was.

I think it mostly revolves around redefining what a "tank" is. If you say it's someone who protects their team from harm then a lot of the changes nerf that quite a bit. Osira, Doomfist, Junkerqueen are now more the Roadhog style of flesh tank rather than people who can protect more than themselves on a larger scale unless they can just face tank bastion or the like. It feels like once the novelty wears down the pick rates are going to depend on the mode, but Sigma is going to be pretty popular and Reinhardt might actually get used again, because "shield where your team can shoot without dying" is still tactically invaluable in push maps.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Would it loving kill them to make Junker Queen stand out a little more? I can't loving do my job as a healer when I can't see the tank among the rest of my team, it's so loving annoying.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Blizz strikes again

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
my first impression of this game is that nobody seems to know what to do against Orisa. She just walks through my team and kills both healers instantly over and over every time I see her.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Game is good (when you can play it)

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
It's just me being salty but I really don't like Orisa planting her feet and stopping a rein charge. Yeah I saw the cinema, yeah I should know it's going to happen, but damnit hockey slamming the other tank into a nearby wall is like 90% of my initiation.

Is that still in 2? I heard she had a spear but I thought it replaced the barrier?

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Jack B Nimble posted:

It's just me being salty but I really don't like Orisa planting her feet and stopping a rein charge. Yeah I saw the cinema, yeah I should know it's going to happen, but damnit hockey slamming the other tank into a nearby wall is like 90% of my initiation.

Is that still in 2? I heard she had a spear but I thought it replaced the barrier?

Fortify doesn't give cc immunity afaik but she can still spear your rear end to cancel charges

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Arzachel posted:

Fortify doesn't give cc immunity afaik but she can still spear your rear end to cancel charges

It does indeed give CC immunity, pretty sure she can block a shatter at least partially with it too

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Jack B Nimble posted:

Orisa's Fortify still stops Rein's Charge and thank gently caress for that.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I went from 40 people being in queue to 20,000. How the hell did that happen.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Cowslips Warren posted:

Had the same issue the one time I tried to play this morning. I acquit.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Cowslips Warren posted:

Horniness ebbs and flows.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Jack B Nimble posted:

I recommend not charging in so often. you're your team's only big boy now: don't leave them in the dust!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Cowslips Warren posted:

Happens every time.

There is a short que and then a longer one.