Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Crab Dad posted:

It’s way more likely they got removed before the guys dragging the bodies away could take them.

It’s war crimes all the way down.

The story goes that it was an apparent torture room. People living in the area said they heard screams all the time. So they were probably yanking teeth while the victims were awake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CainFortea posted:

The story goes that it was an apparent torture room. People living in the area said they heard screams all the time. So they were probably yanking teeth while the victims were awake.

Yeah, along with the sex object and gas mask that they’d put a flaming rag in and shove on a persons head.

I regret that they can’t meet the same fate as their Nuremberg and related trials fate and the execution fate…being bungled by a guy who lied about execution experience and was previously kicked out for being mentally…not there.

I hope Ukraine builds an ADX Florence equivalent for them. Being stored at The Hague seems too good for them. Not to knock them being tried by the ICJ.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Crab Dad posted:

It’s way more likely they got removed before the guys dragging the bodies away could take them.

It’s war crimes all the way down.

We're in Crimes Against Humanity territory.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

good to time to plug for anyone who hasn't seen it: the prosecution's opening statement of the Nuremberg trials is a masterpiece

https://youtu.be/EJj6NcWHkDE

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

Madurai posted:

Even after all the things we've seen so far, I'm naive enough to be amazed that BMP-1s are still in frontline service.

Funny you should say that, Imperial War Museum just put out a video about them:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7bBCWL7e-4

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

kemikalkadet posted:

Funny you should say that, Imperial War Museum just put out a video about them:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7bBCWL7e-4

British snark will never not be funny in certain areas, such as taking the piss out of the Russians.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Madurai posted:

Even after all the things we've seen so far, I'm naive enough to be amazed that BMP-1s are still in frontline service.

We are sending Ukraine a bunch of M113s.

Valtonen
May 13, 2014

Tanks still suck but you don't gotta hand it to the Axis either.
Bmp-1 and Especially bmp-2 will never be obsolete. Outdated, yes, But since both can (in theory) wade, drive across country with arguable success and provide some rifle-caliber protection while providing direct fire support (of dubious value, But in case of the -2 it can even be used as highly more dubious value improv-AA) and you can bolt-on-top a Soviet missile of your choice, and the MSRP of them is like 500 black market dollars or Lada and a kitchen sink, there is literally no reason to not have them If you dont have money to get more expensive western stuff.

There will be burning bmp 1/2 wrecks in Twitter wars of 24th century, right next to cooked-up hovertanks and plasma howitzers.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/samramani2/status/1577689181912023045?s=46&t=soBNvYRct7zz2D_U7XHdJw

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

I'm sure it'll go as well as all the territories he annexed that he no longer controls.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Wasn't he shelling that plant a few weeks ago?

SerthVarnee
Mar 13, 2011

It has been two zero days since last incident.
Big Super Slapstick Hunk
Maybe he was trying to make it more energetic?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

ASAPI posted:

Wasn't he shelling that plant a few weeks ago?

Yes, because they were trying to claim Ukraine was doing it (mysteriously all the shells/rockets came oriented in the direction of Russian rear lines)

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CommieGIR posted:

Yes, because they were trying to claim Ukraine was doing it (mysteriously all the shells/rockets came oriented in the direction of Russian rear lines)

Also the reactors are apparently mined.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Marshal Prolapse posted:

Also the reactors are apparently mined.

If they had I suspect IAEA would've said something as they've been allowed to inspect the plant, so maybe? Maybe not.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CommieGIR posted:

If they had I suspect IAEA would've said something as they've been allowed to inspect the plant, so maybe? Maybe not.

That’s a fair point, granted I still suspect they’re storing stuff in a Russian manner, ie insanely irresponsible and dangerously.

https://twitter.com/lttimmcmillan/status/1577712343718531079?s=46&t=sR-iFIhRvLPklXwxC4EKPA

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Marshal Prolapse posted:

That’s a fair point, granted I still suspect they’re storing stuff in a Russian manner, ie insanely irresponsible and dangerously.

https://twitter.com/lttimmcmillan/status/1577712343718531079?s=46&t=sR-iFIhRvLPklXwxC4EKPA

Oh of course they are storing poo poo unsafely. IAEA openly documented that Russia is storing equipment and vehicles in the Turbine halls.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CommieGIR posted:

Oh of course they are storing poo poo unsafely. IAEA openly documented that Russia is storing equipment and vehicles in the Turbine halls.

Yeah, I’m wondering if something got lost in the translation. I’d totally understand someone describing a bunch of dangerous poo poo sitting around as being mined (or prepared with demo nearby).

Now my question is how to secure the ZNPP before Putin and/or an “officer”does something dumb? Maybe bypass and form a cordon to encourage them to surrender either without the pressure of an attack (cause no idea how Ukraine assaults it, even if they can get help from inside)?

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Marshal Prolapse posted:

Yeah, I’m wondering if something got lost in the translation. I’d totally understand someone describing a bunch of dangerous poo poo sitting around as being mined (or prepared with demo nearby).

Now my question is how to secure the ZNPP before Putin and/or an “officer”does something dumb? Maybe bypass and form a cordon to encourage them to surrender either without the pressure of an attack (cause no idea how Ukraine assaults it, even if they can get help from inside)?

I believe the mines in question were reported to be around the plant. Like around the perimeter outside of working areas. IIRC animals were setting them off.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

my kinda ape posted:

I believe the mines in question were reported to be around the plant. Like around the perimeter outside of working areas. IIRC animals were setting them off.

I wonder if that’s a bug or a feature for Russian troops? Beats MREs. lol

That said that would explain some of the varied claims regarding mines.

Ajaxify
May 6, 2009
e: nvm

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/biz_ukraine_mag/status/1577763356005507072?s=46&t=lWUNMhYn9YtIILXLJyfc4w

Subs

https://twitter.com/archer83able/status/1577763271196672002?s=46&t=JzdvOoUMvrCPYHmFsfqF8g

Orthanc6
Nov 4, 2009

The difference between now and 1917 is to make Battleship Potemkin won't need a camera man this time, just an editor.

Great job Putin only giving the unsupervised, unfed and impoverished conscripts guns with which to rebel.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/DefenceU/status/1577712004667789312?s=20&t=irUF5Eh_znuGKnF_cYlmmQ

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Goddamn what a tagline

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Orthanc6 posted:

The difference between now and 1917 is to make Battleship Potemkin won't need a camera man this time, just an editor.

Great job Putin only giving the unsupervised, unfed and impoverished conscripts guns with which to rebel.

Just to be pedantic, Battleship Potemkin was set in the 1905 revolution.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

GD_American posted:

Goddamn what a tagline

Holy gently caress that last line. :tviv:

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Part of me thinks maaaaybe the Ukrainian MOD is being a little too bloodthirsty. Then the other part of me points out that most of the Russian citizens don't actually give a poo poo about the Ukrainians being killed, tortured, or re-educated and then both parts say "yeah growing sunflowers may be the most value they have"

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I think they should be more directly encouraging the conscripts to shoot and kill their commanding officers.

Uh, if they can even find them.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
If half the news relating to Russian conscripts is to be believed then I don't think they'll need much prompting

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Sounds like that officer was just getting out ahead of it.

CabooseRvB
Aug 12, 2022

I miss Sheila :c
Watching Russia 'mobilize' further demonstrates how badly unprepared they are in the event of an actual catastrophe/emergency in their country.

Just seeing the conscripts' plight in Russia reveals a ton of human resource shortfalls in terms of processing, transporting and getting them to the units that need replacements.

There's a reason why modern militaries are some of the most bureaucratic organizations out there is that you are literally processing living, bio weapons.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

I think they'd respond better to a proper disaster, Putin's problem is that a lot of the most capable Russians don't particularly believe in his special operation

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Flavahbeast posted:

I think they'd respond better to a proper disaster, Putin's problem is that a lot of the most capable Russians don't particularly believe in his special operation

Yeah but those guys lives would be a lot easier today if the special operation had actually gone off as envisaged in Putins dreams.

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

That video is tight as hell and not only because I love that song. Another banger.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

New Battlefield looking pretty sick

https://twitter.com/RALee85/status/1577775204939472903?cxt=HHwWjoCxnZCMseUrAAAA

Also goddamn can't even imagine just barreling cross country towards the enemy in a humvee like the second coming of Marshal Foch

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Terrifying Effigies posted:

Also goddamn can't even imagine just barreling cross country towards the enemy in a humvee like the second coming of Marshal Foch

That’s not an advance, that’s the cavalry pursuing a rout.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Terrifying Effigies posted:

the third video in that thread has russians 30-40 feet away shooting at them from the treeline

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

ded posted:

the third video in that thread has russians 30-40 feet away shooting at them from the treeline

No wonder all the dismounts started opening up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I’d never thought I’d seen an actual mechanized advance in the first person. The amount of soldiers were more then I’ve seen in any video, since it’s mostly been smaller groups. Oddly enough the last video made me thing of World In Conflict. God that was such a good game.