Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

That’s one of those things I feel like they’ll just revert eventually. Gotta have something in preseason to jerk off about just to try and keep things fresh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

If you're willing to use the practice tool for like 30 minutes and look some things up I feel like clearing as most junglers semi competently is pretty easy to learn. Those changes will definitely really help your auto filled jungler not completely mess up I guess though, even if they'll still be really slow

The hardest part of learning to jungle will forever be the other 4 people on your team and I'm honestly not sure how to solve that one, or if it's even possible really. Well that and actually building the game sense to know where you should be and when

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

PBE bewitching skins preview, with highlights including: giant bat anivia, another excellent senna skin, and neeko doing a pitou cosplay

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Kind of tired of Bewitching skins, to be honest. Anivia and Neeko are cute but everyone else just seems to be wearing the same outfit without any color variation.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Just seems to be what the halloween skins are now, they at least did those other spooky themed ones last month that were a bit different. I preferred the old ones where you got 3 or 4 different weird ones though.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
yeah they're not bad skins or anything but just going to the Sexy Witch well year after year is getting super old. it's literally halloween! you can make anything you want and just call it a costume!!!!!

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

I really miss the "not x" skins they used to do, though come to think of it were those Halloween or April fools? I thought they were Halloween but now I'm not sure

Definitely would prefer to have just "champions in fun Halloween costumes" rather than it needing to be a big themed skin line though, even if the senna one is pretty good

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

senna mains really will just buy anything huh

anti-magic
Sep 9, 2012

We've come up in the ram-raiding business, Owl.
It's all high class now.
No more baby seats.

Weird Pumpkin posted:

If you're willing to use the practice tool for like 30 minutes and look some things up I feel like clearing as most junglers semi competently is pretty easy to learn. Those changes will definitely really help your auto filled jungler not completely mess up I guess though, even if they'll still be really slow

As someone who learned to jungle way back, the skill floor in S12 is low enough for anyone to learn pretty quickly while also having an incredibly high skill ceiling if you want to really optimise your clear or play the more execution reliant champs in the role. I think it's in a decent-ish place overall and all the timers they added have taken a huge mental burden off the role.

These changes straight up suck for everyone from bronze to pro but it's a preseason tradition for Riot to complete gently caress over the jungle.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
y'all know they make Bewitching and then also other halloween skins right??? The new Fright Night skins that are in the shop right now???

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

curiousCat posted:

y'all know they make Bewitching and then also other halloween skins right??? The new Fright Night skins that are in the shop right now???

i kinda imagine the bewitching ones are the bankroll backup for fright night, since fright night's a completely untested skinline and they're aware of the possibility of it being a total dud

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

bewitching skins are cute and fun and I like them

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

curiousCat posted:

Yeah that's this year, the last few years they didn't bother with other ones. The Fright Night ones won a vote as well I think so they just timed the release of them to Halloween cause that worked.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
aoe smite is back and is my friend

also these lil dudes rock, don't even need a leash on xin zhao anymore

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.
I think people keep buying the sexy witch skins so they keep making sexy witch skins.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
Bewitching passed up Star Guardian as the best skinline of all time last year, and with this new set it continues to be. So they can make as many of those as they want, even if I do miss getting more variety in Halloween skins.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

The bewitching skins have really nice VFX and color schemes. I'd buy the Senna one (despite having High Noon already) because it looks sweet.

Bewitching MF is one of her best skins too, everything feels smooth. Thats the hallmark of a good skin line.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Honestly almost all of MF's skins are extremely good which is funny because her base design is one of the worst in the game.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

id hate to look at a sexy babe

Barudak
May 7, 2007

strong bird posted:

id hate to look at a sexy babe

Sadly you can't force your opponent to always play Evelyn

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

SirSamVimes posted:

Honestly almost all of MF's skins are extremely good which is funny because her base design is one of the worst in the game.

You can say all but Gun Goddess it's OK.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I was gonna say "except Waterloo"

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

njsykora posted:

You can say all but Gun Goddess it's OK.

I got in a box, why is it so bad? It’s awful

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

WIFEY WATCHDOG posted:

I got in a box, why is it so bad? It’s awful

It’s a tossed off legendary skin made for the purposes of giving MF a legendary skin.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

I like the voice lines and effects, but it's definitely a bit over priced even at the between legendary/ultimate price

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Weird Pumpkin posted:

I like the voice lines and effects, but it's definitely a bit over priced even at the between legendary/ultimate price

The "funny" (in a 90s kid movie kind of way) robot voice is the worst part of GG MF in my experience

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
I don't really feel like Gun Goddess suits her if that makes sense?

Elementalist Lux for example, feels like a natural extension of what Lux is as a character and a hero. But there's nothing really about MF that says futuristic girl with a jetpack?

I dunno if that throughline works with other champs but it's just what my brain goes to when I see the skin as an MF main.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Honestly I'm just a sucker for cheesy sci-fi themes :shobon:

Sorta sarcastic bounty hunter space lady doesn't seem like a huge stretch for her, at least the way she's originally written. But it squares way less with her modern writing I think, that's for sure

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
I like GG mf but just like that seraphine one I'd really only use like one of the forms so I'm not going to pay more for it.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Gun Goddess MF is good but it is not worth the price so the fact I got it from a box was good.

Elephunk posted:

The "funny" (in a 90s kid movie kind of way) robot voice is the worst part of GG MF in my experience

Joe Zieja is a treasure how dare you.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Veev posted:

I like GG mf but just like that seraphine one I'd really only use like one of the forms so I'm not going to pay more for it.

Yeah I basically only use the eyepatch one whenever I play it, and I think I still prefer Mafia and Bewitching over it.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

i got GG MF from a box and have basically never used it aside from once out of curiosity, though that's possibly because it coincided with a friend gifting me battle bunny

the basic idea of MF as a sarcastic borderlands refugee with an exosuit isn't unsalvageable, but the whole "transforming color scheme" thing is completely toothless and absolutely does not justify the price tag

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I bought GGMF expecting the different suit configurations to have different voice lines/effects like Elementalist Lux.

I regret that.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Oh, but they do!

As in they have like two unique voice lines per option and the visual effects are so similar that it'd be easy to mistake them for being recolors.

But still!

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
They do each have a unique ult animation but except for the one that shoots one handed they're impossible to tell apart.

Like when they redid Pyke's run animation for his legendary skin but it's so similar people didn't notice, there's a lot of effort in there but to what end.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Goliath's Ascendancy for next season looking about as strong as I expected it to be.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpnWcsp-DfQ

Also big Jhin buff on the PTR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZVSh5M4NwI

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Everyone loves a Jhin buff when it means hilariously huge crits.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Best MF skin is arcade

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

i will say for MF skins that they're strangely adverse to giving her unique models the "going loving apeshit" feel of her base model's ult, the wild flailing gives it oomph that gun goddess or battle bunny standing stock still doesn't convey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

How Rude posted:

Best MF skin is arcade

my problem with all the arcade skins are the effects, because they emulate old 8 bit games they hella lack oomf. Just feels like you're not doing any damage.