Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I played like 20 minutes and still wasn't out of the opening ~AMNESIA~ cutscenes and quit. Glad to hear it's a video game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I bought the amnesia collection a couple years ago but I keep forgetting to play it

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Saint Freak posted:

I played like 20 minutes and still wasn't out of the opening ~AMNESIA~ cutscenes and quit. Glad to hear it's a video game.

the cliche anime story with lots of capitalized nouns like Quietus and Seaslight are defintly part of that Vita charm.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The amnesia games were ok but SOMA is the best Frictional game and it isn't even close

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

haveblue posted:

The amnesia games were ok but SOMA is the best Frictional game and it isn't even close

i am not a streamer/vtuber person but i always liked when they did SOMA as part of some halloween thing because it seems like it's going to be some kind of scary spooky horror thing but ends up being something much different, and creepy in a totally different way

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Speaking of horror, is Arkham Knights going to be any good? Or is it just going to be an endless nightmare scenario or wrong franchise + wrong genre?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
it looked like an utterly generic open-world beat-em-up from the footage that was shown

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Infinitum posted:

Speaking of horror, is Arkham Knights going to be any good? Or is it just going to be an endless nightmare scenario or wrong franchise + wrong genre?

Well, in Arkham City the fight with Mr. Freeze was a complex and creative exercise in testing mastery of the game's tactical options, and in Gotham Knights the fight with Mr. Freeze is punching him a lot while avoiding his telegraphed area attacks, so you tell me

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Mario looks like Mario isn't something anyone really cares about or is worried over with this movie. What people really want to know is what is Mario going to sound like. Chris Pratt doesn't strike anyone as someone who will really do Mario's voice justice.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I said come in! posted:

Mario looks like Mario isn't something anyone really cares about or is worried over with this movie. What people really want to know is what is Mario going to sound like. Chris Pratt doesn't strike anyone as someone who will really do Mario's voice justice.

Pratt’s already gone on record as saying he’s not doing an accent for this movie so I assume he’ll just be playing Chris Pratt again

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

haveblue posted:

Well, in Arkham City the fight with Mr. Freeze was a complex and creative exercise in testing mastery of the game's tactical options, and in Gotham Knights the fight with Mr. Freeze is punching him a lot while avoiding his telegraphed area attacks, so you tell me

Also the intended design is probably to do that Mr. Freeze fight many, many times at different world tiers or however they're doing the live-service RPG aspect of the game, so that he keeps dropping appropriate loot for you

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Larryb posted:

Pratt’s already gone on record as saying he’s not doing an accent for this movie so I assume he’ll just be playing Chris Pratt again

:( that bums me out. I guess we'll know more tomorrow with the trailer reveal.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

I said come in! posted:

He should be voiced by Nick Offerman instead of Chris Pratt

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Volte posted:

He should be voiced by Nick Offerman instead of Chris Pratt

That would be way better and more exciting to me.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Larryb posted:

Kickstarting a Charles Martinet redub of the SMB movie.

And not the new one.

The 1993 version with Bob Hoskins.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

rox
Sep 7, 2016

Infinitum posted:

And not the new one.

you leave mr hoskins alone ☹️

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Larryb posted:

well then why even bother with any of this!!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Infinitum posted:

And not the new one.

That one does not need a Martinet redub at all

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
In a bizarre twist Charles Martinet will be taking over for John Leguizamo in the next Spawn movie whenever that comes out.

He uses BOTH his Wario and Waluigi voices for the role.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

haha what posted:

you leave mr hoskins alone ☹️

FirstAidKite posted:

That one does not need a Martinet redub at all

https://i.imgur.com/LZwy5cR.mp4

glug glug glug glug

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Harrow posted:

well then why even bother with any of this!!

Charlie Day Luigi and Jack Black Bowser might still be able to salvage it though

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Danny DeVito Mario would be a better choice.

Lots of better choices than Pratt lmao

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

FirstAidKite posted:

Danny DeVito Mario would be a better choice.

Lots of better choices than Pratt lmao

Just put the whole always sunny cast in there and start blasting

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Infinitum posted:

And not the new one.

why? bob hoskins is a treasure

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

No no, we get Captain Lou Albano to do it

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

DemoneeHo posted:

No no, we get Captain Lou Albano to do it

Only if it's this version
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTyUoARka_U

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

both regular bad and 90s bad

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Chris Pratt won't be the worst person to play/voice Mario, but they are definitely not going to be anywhere near the best either.

can't wait for the mario movie to try to make toads into the new minions.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
One of my favorite Ratchet and Clank weapons, the Plasma Whip

(my memory might be failing me, but I think it looked better in the PS2 original, this is the PS3 remaster emulated. the porting team were a little sloppy with some of the graphical details. could also be that the effect looked better at lower res.)

It's the thing that made me acutely aware of frame rate before I even knew what it was, because the whip would almost always bring down the fps to 30.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Rinkles posted:

One of my favorite Ratchet and Clank weapons, the Plasma Whip

(my memory might be failing me, but I think it looked better in the PS2 original, this is the PS3 remaster emulated. the porting team were a little sloppy with some of the graphical details. could also be that the effect looked better at lower res.)

It's the thing that made me acutely aware of frame rate before I even knew what it was, because the whip would almost always bring down the fps to 30.

that's a good whip right there.

The whip from Super Castlevania is pretty good too, and the Kulshedra from Bayonetta. I'm sure there are others, post your favourite in the comment section down below!

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

External Organs posted:

Just put the whole always sunny cast in there and start blasting

Glenn Howerton starts out as Luigi but halfway through the movie is replaced by Charlie Day.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Whizzing Wizard posted:

that's a good whip right there.

The whip from Super Castlevania is pretty good too, and the Kulshedra from Bayonetta. I'm sure there are others, post your favourite in the comment section down below!

there's kof character whip, shown here using her iconic whgun

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
World at War:

The first Stalingrad level is loving bleak, drat.

Also wtf I thought this game was the Pacific but I guess it's not called Ocean at War...

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Rarity posted:

World at War:

The first Stalingrad level is loving bleak, drat.

Also wtf I thought this game was the Pacific but I guess it's not called Ocean at War...

Your sniper buddy in that level is the direct connecting link between World At War and the Black Ops series. :eng101: (Or at least BLOPS and BLOPS 2 anyway.)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I don't know how anyone is meant to remember these characters between games. They're all completely interchangeable with zero defining characteristics

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

haveblue posted:

bigtime this

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Rarity posted:

I don't know how anyone is meant to remember these characters between games. They're all completely interchangeable with zero defining characteristics

One of them has a mustache?

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Rarity posted:

He’s a lot more uh, memorable in Black Ops. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Reznov is probably the only memorable character in the series honestly.