Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

That trailer was GREAT. I'm here for a two hour memorial to a great actor with Angela Bassett acting her rear end off and also Namor is there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
Namor’s little fluttery ankle wings are so much better than I could ever have hoped for. It really shows the more you lean into the goofier aspects of comic books the more they work. Yeah, he has li’l tiny ankle wings and flits about like a hummingbird and that loving owns.

I’m glad we’re getting Namor now, and not a decade ago when ankle wings would still be seen as too cringey and embarrassing.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I don't think the wings were ever meant to be the only functional reason he flies. They're just a visual reference to Hermes, a clue to his god-like abilities.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

I just feel upset for the bishop of Cagliari every time people point to the name Lucifer being indicative of evil.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

How many alien / deep sea creatures will Namor bone in this movie?

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Cael posted:

Hugh Jackman’s Huge Actin’

Why did Nick have to be such a scumbag? Cool Games Inc ruled

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I guess being the villain makes him an rear end in a top hat by default, but all I ask from any Namor adaptation is him being a prick, preferably a smug one.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

How many alien / deep sea creatures will Namor bone in this movie?

with both sue storm and t'challa out of the picture maybe him and nakia get down

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Ezra Miller is apparently forgiven by WB/D and back on track to return for the Fantastic Beasts and Flash franchises in the future (on the condition that no NEW details or scandals become public).

quote:

Over the weekend, Vanity Fair dropped a new report that offers multiple new details about Miller's supposed spiral. Mainly, there's an answer for the question on all of our minds: why the hell is Warner Bros. still releasing The Flash?! Well, apparently, because Miller apologized! Miller allegedly "made a trip to the studio’s Burbank, California, headquarters to apologize for the negative PR in person and express renewed commitment." The rest of the Vanity Fair story levels new strange Miller-isms, which includes a source alleging that Miller saw themself as "the next Messiah," who believed, "the Freemasons were sending demons out to kill" them.

In mid-August, Variety obtained a long-overdue statement from Miller, via a representative of the actor. “Having recently gone through a time of intense crisis, I now understand that I am suffering complex mental health issues and have begun ongoing treatment,” Miller said. “I want to apologize to everyone that I have alarmed and upset with my past behavior. I am committed to doing the necessary work to get back to a healthy, safe and productive stage in my life.”

quote:

Even before the second arrest, this was all enough, according to an earlier story from Rolling Stone, for Warner Bros. executives to hold a meeting about Miller's future with the franchise. The Rolling Stone story alleges that Miller had "meltdowns" while filming The Flash. An insider told the outlet that while"there was no yelling or violent outbursts," they described Miller as "losing it." "Ezra would get a thought in [their] head and say, 'I don’t know what I’m doing.'" The meeting reportedly happened on March 30, with the executives deciding to pause Miller's future projects with the studio. (Miller also stars in the Fantastic Beasts franchise.)

Now, as Vanity Fair writes and as we cited above, Miller has made an in-person apology to the execs, which was apparently enough to quell any desires to cancel The Flash's theatrical release.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Honestly the most surprising part is that they're going to make new Fantastic Beasts movies

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Opopanax posted:

Honestly the most surprising part is that they're going to make new Fantastic Beasts movies

This is why:

quote:

The series has been commercially successful having collectively grossed $1.8 billion across three films so far. However, the series has received positive to mixed critical reception being deemed somewhat inferior to the positively-reviewed Harry Potter films.

There is a 4th and 5th film in the series announced, but they were put on hold during the merger. Zaslav is apparently a fan and plans to move forward with them, though:

quote:

The main mover and shaker that’s supposedly going all in on Rowling’s creations, per the Wall Street Journal, is newly-installed Warner Bros. Discovery CEO David Zaslav.

Leon Trotsky 2012 fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Oct 5, 2022

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Ezra Miller is apparently forgiven by WB/D and back on track to return for the Fantastic Beasts and Flash franchises in the future (on the condition that no NEW details or scandals become public).

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

This is why:

There is a 4th and 5th film in the series announced, but they were put on hold during the merger. Zaslav is apparently a fan and plans to move forward with them, though:

The overall number looks fine but the last one only made 400m.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Opopanax posted:

well at least JK Rowling hasn't done anything problematic

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

well at least JK Rowling hasn't done anything problematic

No writer has.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

A concept artist revealed the proposed costume that Daniel Craig may have worn as Balder in Dr Strange 2, a role that ended up being cut early in production and replaced with Mr. Fantastic.

https://www.ign.com/articles/daniel-craigs-deleted-doctor-strange-2-character-revealed-in-new-artwork

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

FlamingLiberal posted:

A concept artist revealed the proposed costume that Daniel Craig may have worn as Balder in Dr Strange 2, a role that ended up being cut early in production and replaced with Mr. Fantastic.

https://www.ign.com/articles/daniel-craigs-deleted-doctor-strange-2-character-revealed-in-new-artwork

So fake Thor would've been the leader of the Illuminati?

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

since you didn't source your quotes: this is from an Esquire Singapore article from a few weeks ago that, as far as I can tell, contains no actual reporting of its own on Miller, only quotes and paraphrases from previous reports that have already been discussed here. Not sure why you're posting it here now as though it says anything new about the situation.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Patton Oswalt said on the Jordan Jesse Go podcast today that Marvel told him he was not allowed to use "Stilt-man" on M.O.D.O.K. because they had plans for him.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Yeah they need him to be the next Big Bad after they deal with Kang

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Patton Oswalt said on the Jordan Jesse Go podcast today that Marvel told him he was not allowed to use "Stilt-man" on M.O.D.O.K. because they had plans for him.

We've known that for a while. One of the other characters they didn't let him use was, of all things, Paste Pot Pete.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

FlamingLiberal posted:

Yeah they need him to be the next Big Bad after they deal with Kang

Avengers: Rise of Stilt-Man

Avengers: Revenge of Lady Stilt-Man

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Stilt-Man and Paste-Pot-Pete both sound like perfect one-off characters on the next season of She-Hulk.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
I imagine they have a list of C- and D-list villains that are being saved for a possible She-Hulk S2, or Wonder Man, or other comedy projects we don't know about yet.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

THE TRAPSTER

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They didn't let him have Stilt-Man, but they let him have Iron Man.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

I've wondered before what the list Patton Oswalt asked for included. Like was it just "Who can't we use?" or did he provide a list of wants? Because I'd love to find Marvel executives were like "Yes, please feel free to use Starbrand, Ruby Thursday, Rawhide Kid, and Chipmunk Hunk, but Stilt-Man is a bridge too far."

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I think it's the latter, because they described the joke they wrote for Stilt-Man when they mentioned they weren't allowed to use him.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

It's weird that they would bother given that it's clearly a side project, but especially since they went and used MODOK a few years later

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

No one thinks maybe they'll use Stilt-Man in Daredevil?

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
There was already a Stilt-Man prop suit easter egg in DD season 1, it would be good to see it finally being worn.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

I for one really liked the stop motion MODOK show and am sad that it's not having a 2nd season.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Aphrodite posted:

They didn't let him have Stilt-Man, but they let him have Iron Man.

That kind of makes sense? Iron Man is an established commodity. You say Iron Man and people are gonna think of Robert Downey Jr. So whatever MODOK does is just gonna come off as a parody. No one’s ever gonna turn on an Avengers movie and go “oh, the guy from MODOK”.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Also the live action MCU Iron Man is dead.

LennyBriscoCountyJr
Oct 20, 2005

Wasn't Stilt-Man the first to fall to the negator packs back in the original Armor Wars storyline? Maybe they're saving him for the Rhodey movie.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Man, Werewolf by Night is loving awesome. MoM had moments where it broke the MCU House Style, but this discards it almost entirely, to it's tremendous benefit. Serious R-rated violence and only thirty minutes long to boot? Hell yeah. I really hope Disney is willing to make more digital content like this and less that's basically "Thor The Dark World-tier Marvel Movie, but with a 20th the budget and 20x the padding"

Random Asshole fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Oct 9, 2022

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
It was 53 minutes and that was not r-rated violence

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

If it was in color it might have pushed into R territory because there were moments where it was just flying around, but the black and white helped with that.

I'm still just really happy that they nailed Elsa's personality and skills. Right from her very introduction to the end.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
It was cgi black blood. If it was in color I would bet we would have had no blood. The one guard who has ribs in his stomach had cgi injuries from jack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah, that's my point. The black and white allowed them to get away with more.