Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

import more bears to eat salmon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Just think of how fertile that soil will be next year. Checkmate climate change worrywarts!

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

So passionate about demanding their employees have enough money to live but won't actually pay them a living wage.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Admin, please transfer the forums to imashittywhiner.com TIA

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Yaldabaoth posted:

So passionate about demanding their employees have enough money to live but won't actually pay them a living wage.

Is that from Vortex in Atlanta? I remember them having a bunch of stuff like that on their menu.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Wait that is from a menu?! I thought this was a pissy newspaper column.
If that establishment is trying to make patrons feel guilty because they can't be bothered to pay them a proper wage :commissar:

Mario Yesyes
Oct 30, 2012

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Lord tunderin' jaysus

...Newfoundlander spotted?!

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Mario Yesyes posted:

...Newfoundlander spotted?!

Canadian, but with a few Newfie friends. Love their expressions.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

By popular demand posted:

If that establishment is trying to make patrons feel guilty because they can't be bothered to pay them a proper wage :commissar:

Yeah I'm 75% sure this is from the back of the Vortex menu in midtown Atlanta and not a newspaper column. The place is connected to a comedy club. Their "gimmick" is is basically 90's "in your FACE" 'tude stuff like, 'if you complain at all about anything, we will throw you out'. All of their servers dress like Suicide Girls. They were one of the last places around that allowed smoking indoors and they have like 200 bourbons and whiskies etc

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Oct 5, 2022

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I wish I could organise some people to just sit there and occupy seats only to eventually leave without ordering anything but leaving a tip.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

I wish I could organise some people to just sit there and occupy seats only to eventually leave without ordering anything but leaving a tip.

Yeah that'd show them

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Haha yeah holy poo poo, I think I nailed it. This is their takeout menu which has a slightly different disclaimer but it's the same font with the same dumb sort of "irreverent" quips:

https://thevortexatl.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/FOODMENU.03.20.pdf

E: Also mentions "spoiled little whiners" so this is definitely it. What you posted is off of their dine-in menu.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
The fact that the servers whom they force to rely on tips to live, are all women is the cherry on top of the poo poo sundae.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
The Targaryen family tree

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Maybe the KISS principle should not apply to families

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Captain Hygiene posted:

Their just lucky they had an even number of boys and girls.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

It's a language course book. Incest like that is probably just a normal thing where that language is spoken in ...*squints at picture* France.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Ooh la la!

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
“hon hon hon incest c’est tres bien”

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

Hahahaha holy poo poo

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

west world

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

the Windsors

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

kntfkr posted:

west world

Milk drinkers

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Yaldabaoth posted:

The curse is there is plenty of media that outright panders to guys who want to see women get dismembered and killed.

Content:

They spelt arse wrong lol

Also lol at hapsburg textbook

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Kentucky Blue Fugate family tree.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Fugates

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

tipping sucks but it is the custom and you've got to do it

"they should pay a living wage" is fine, "they should pay a living wage so i'm not going to tip on the principle of it" is lovely and there's a lot of people who only care about social activism when its their turn to be a cheap bastard

Yaldabaoth posted:

The fact that the servers whom they force to rely on tips to live, are all women is the cherry on top of the poo poo sundae.

a friend of mine used to work there and got paid 12+tips so this is just another occasion where a goon assumes reality and is flat wrong about the outside world

vortex is like a tourist spot, they do the volume to pay good wages. or did before corona at least

Mr. Fall Down Terror fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Oct 5, 2022

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Mr. Fall Down Terror posted:

tipping sucks but it is the custom and you've got to do it

"they should pay a living wage" is fine, "they should pay a living wage so i'm not going to tip on the principle of it" is lovely and there's a lot of people who only care about social activism when its their turn to be a cheap bastard

Just do this:

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Yaldabaoth posted:

Just do this:

sounds like a great way to waste everyone's time and piss off the people you're trying to help in a pointless symbolic gesture rooted in missing the point, but it sounds good online i guess

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Thats like every game of crusader kings 2 ive ever played

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
I stopped going out to eat at the beginning of the pandemic and I don't miss it at all.

tipping is a bad culture and most of the world does not do it for a reason.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Captain Hygiene posted:

KISS does it long enough you eventually get juggalos

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

Frank Frank posted:

Haha yeah holy poo poo, I think I nailed it. This is their takeout menu which has a slightly different disclaimer but it's the same font with the same dumb sort of "irreverent" quips:

https://thevortexatl.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/FOODMENU.03.20.pdf

E: Also mentions "spoiled little whiners" so this is definitely it. What you posted is off of their dine-in menu.

https://thevortexatl.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/FOOD.MENU_.RULES_.09.20.pdf

Why does a burger place need two pages of rules?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Double the 'fun'

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/1577715903013294092

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Goddamnit Neil, it's not even a good joke.

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":
has anybody besides Neil ever actually thought that Neil tweeted something clever, like even once

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

https://twitter.com/canneo2103145/status/1577159976266584066?t=lA6oh8dwDDtvAin_uXVoAQ&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Mr. Fall Down Terror posted:

sounds like a great way to waste everyone's time and piss off the people you're trying to help in a pointless symbolic gesture rooted in missing the point, but it sounds good online i guess

Should also point out that this sort of behavior probably qualifies as the “rear end in a top hat stuff” they will throw you out for so have fun with that I guess.