Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah I opened a Mythical rift yesterday and nothing seemed different. I’ll probably keep doing it in the hopes of grabbing one of those character artifacts but also because what else is there to do with those seeding thing? But it was a disappointment there wasn’t any kind of marked change.

I’m able to clear Mephisto 5 times now. I dunno if the 2% pierce made all that difference or if it’s just that I finally focused on figuring him out. I should probably move on to Knull but I figure I’ll stay here awhile and work Mephisto up and get a handle on the mats. It’s amazing how much better the rewards are in Legend. I got 100 cosmic cube fragments in one clear. I’ve gone from hoarding those as precious jewels to just combining them and clearing out my stash like it’s nothing. It’s nuts.

Timeline Survival is definitely useless though. I’m playing it because I’m I playing and I was never able to get past level 5 and now I’m on 6. But I can’t find a point at all. It’s not even good for collecting artifacts. I don’t get it.

Fun random thing. For months I’ve been thinking about some game mode I wasn’t sure ever actually existed or if I made it up in my head. I decided to give Shadowland a run and made it past 100 for the first time and suddenly I noticed King of the Hill. That was the mode! I completely forgot it was there!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Are the mythical and other higher rifts not more difficult than normals? Who are you using to clear them? Because I can only finish normal rift 4 in time if I manually play, and my best autoplay team (white fox, odin, valkyrie) can only time normal 3. I actually haven't tried anything harder yet though because of the trouble I've had with the normal ones.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

There doesn’t seem to be any change in difficult in the mythical. Just the possible rewards. A 6 at normal seems to be the same as a 6 at mythical. It all seems like the same increase to me.

I’m using my Level 80 Thor with a Beta Ray Bill leader and White Fox/Mystique assist. That can auto clear at 5 although I gotta be engaged to switch to Thor. Thor with WF/Mystique can auto clear 4 at least for me with no involvement. 6 usually takes me being involved and is close but I can clear it. But at 4-5 I usually finish a rift in 10-15 minutes.

I’m also slowing working Thors skills up. I have his 5 skill at Level 10. So that helps presumably.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah I opened a Mythical rift yesterday and nothing seemed different. I’ll probably keep doing it in the hopes of grabbing one of those character artifacts but also because what else is there to do with those seeding thing? But it was a disappointment there wasn’t any kind of marked change.

I’m able to clear Mephisto 5 times now. I dunno if the 2% pierce made all that difference or if it’s just that I finally focused on figuring him out. I should probably move on to Knull but I figure I’ll stay here awhile and work Mephisto up and get a handle on the mats. It’s amazing how much better the rewards are in Legend. I got 100 cosmic cube fragments in one clear. I’ve gone from hoarding those as precious jewels to just combining them and clearing out my stash like it’s nothing. It’s nuts.

Timeline Survival is definitely useless though. I’m playing it because I’m I playing and I was never able to get past level 5 and now I’m on 6. But I can’t find a point at all. It’s not even good for collecting artifacts. I don’t get it.

Fun random thing. For months I’ve been thinking about some game mode I wasn’t sure ever actually existed or if I made it up in my head. I decided to give Shadowland a run and made it past 100 for the first time and suddenly I noticed King of the Hill. That was the mode! I completely forgot it was there!

There's absolutely no harm in running advanced+ rifts. Do it if you've got the right colored pebbles.
2% pierce is huge. It's absolutely a step change in performance on WBU and WBL.
I really want to like Timeline Survival because it fills the need for the occasional dungeon crawl, but it stinks. I'm really hoping they do something to overhaul the system because, right now, you can barely even pay to get better artifacts.
King of the Hill is fun if you want to see the gulf between your account and someone else who's spent hundreds to thousands on this game. Send in your best team and watch them get bodied in under three seconds. It's also one of those weird point-of-pride competitions like Timeline Battle where the prizes don't seem to justify the sheer amount of effort it takes.

bagrada posted:

Are the mythical and other higher rifts not more difficult than normals? Who are you using to clear them? Because I can only finish normal rift 4 in time if I manually play, and my best autoplay team (white fox, odin, valkyrie) can only time normal 3. I actually haven't tried anything harder yet though because of the trouble I've had with the normal ones.

The advanced+ portals aren't more difficult, they just theoretically offer better prizes. At least, I don't recall any real time differential between normal and any other rift I ran on auto. I could consistently auto rift 3 with Loki before and can now auto rift 6 with Thor and whoever.

Anals of History fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Jul 21, 2022

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
What frustrates me so much about Mephisto is that I could beat him easily if it wasn't for that stupid "wiggle the stick back and forth" part because if you do that, my phone thinks it wants you to bring up the next app open or the bottom menu if i do it too close to the side. And no I can't turn it off.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The wiggle is annoying but I'm decent at avoiding it. Its really a pain when like you get stuck in it so its just wiggle after wiggle until you die.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I noticed that I was literally the only person donating for the past week in Marble Hebrons so I gave the ownership to some rando and applied to Doctor Goons.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011
On the bright side, you don't have to donate in Doctor Goons unless you want the tokens. We're usually maxed out, except for the occasional use of alliance tokens in conquest.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

bobmcdynamite posted:

On the bright side, you don't have to donate in Doctor Goons unless you want the tokens. We're usually maxed out, except for the occasional use of alliance tokens in conquest.

yea i donate every day for the tokens so when they have the double donation store i can cash them in. Though since the removed card upgrade squares from the world boss, who gives a poo poo?

Hopefully i can get some from rifts. They are weirdly REALLY HARD.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011
I don't understand rifts. A lot of people talk about doing them but they seem worthless after the first time through and you get the artifacts.

I'll run them auto at lvl 1 if there's something in the shield archive to collect but are there any other reasons to participate?

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

They are the (only?) source for card crafting cubes now, which used to be from the giant boss raids.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The rewards you get from the rift are mostly trivial. You want the contribution rewards that get you the card crafting cubes.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011
Ah. That makes sense.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I am legit impressed they went this long before adding Fear Itself stuff.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I bet Gorr is a utter bullshit WBU and all you get is a CTP of Judgement.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Tomorrow I will beat Knull for the 10th time and then I will never play him again.

I dread Ultron, Gorr, and eventually Dormamu. In theory. I can’t dent the fucker. .

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

I'm up to 10% pierce so level 2 Knull is actually easier for me than Thanos now. Trying to get 12% then I'll start trying Ultron I guess. 80 Thor lets me autoplay rifts so my bottleneck is now how rare premium cards are without spending $$.

That said I finished my long-term goals so if they don't have any fun releases this fall I'm close to dropping the game. T4 looks really boring.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Now that I turned back on alerts, got Thor to 80, and have been doing my daily rifts, I burned through years of premium cards and got up to 13% pierce. The blue stars are all resists instead of good stats but I'll take it for now.

Absolutely clowning on Knull with 5 teams now. He still has his 3 forced pauses but he's lucky to get any mechanics off between them. I guess he's my go to kill daily.

I still only do Mephisto with Dr Strange lead, Moonstone damage and Spidey running the runes. I could probably do it with more and tweak my teams a bit, both Dr S and Spidey got tons better since I first used this team, but I got Meph unlocked and my 5 kills for Gorr so not much point for now.

I tried Ultron yesterday and actually beat the poo poo out of him with my Eternals team. I just swapped between Athena and Makkari with Sersi lead. They could ignore almost all of his attacks while in their animations so I just had to do some chasing the big purple waves around clockwise. Feels like being aggressive is necessary with him otherwise he gets to play with all his gems. Today I had some more free time so I took him out with my Fantastic Four team and the Moonstone team above as well. As for my other Knull teams, Rogue was fast and could poke but didn't have enough damage and got interrupted way too much. Cable was way too slow and had targeting issues. I could probably get 2 more teams set to take him out but I only need 1 more kill to unlock Gorr so I probably won't bother for now.

I hear Gorr is actually easier for a WBL? I'll have two days to try to get a kill for the event currency. If I can get him I might have to actually start trying Dormammu and working on T4s. I dont think I can get my pierce higher or reroll the resists on my card stars into better stats without spending a shitload of money so I'll just let currency build up slowly for a while and see how it goes.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I have 5 fairly easy kill teams with Mephisto so I’m just sitting there now that I have Knull. Eternals team, Bill/Thor/Surfer, Starlord/Iron Man/Torch. Hyperion/Sentry/Mystique, and basically anyone with Hulk. Level 80 Hulk with the new costume is a tank. I just got Thena but she doesn’t seem to do much. I assume I need her costume so I’ll wait for a sale. I grabbed Blue Dragons costume for the gently caress of it but haven’t realized her potential yet. Moonstone can do damage but I don’t bother using her because she’s more work than the rest.

I just couldn’t do poo poo with Ultron and I hit that frustration wall and stopped. I might watch a video or something and try again to see if I can grab those challenge awards. Thor was the only one doing serious damage but I couldnt keep him alive. Have no figured out the key yet.

I blew my whole gold, energy, and card reserves so I’m just chilling go try and build them back up anyway.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Yeah I got Thena's costume and gave her a rage ctp. She didn't do much at first but starting at 10% pierce she's been able to button mash kill Knull and I found it works on Ultron too. I also upgraded her artifact from 3* to 4* thanks to a lucky yellow cube box.

I'll have to keep Hyperion in mind, haven't T3d him yet. I just bumped Ms Marvel and Wave, need Waves costume next sale. I think I need Taskmaster and Bullseye(?) next for more supports but I'll wait to see the next update.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Hyperions not really anything special. Like he can assist with his Phoenix costume but really he’s just one of the strongest leads I have at T3. I’ve used Thena or Cap Marvel there too. I just need to roid Sentry up to do the job.

I basically just don’t enough supports or leads T3d. I’ll work on that after I’m done with the Level 80s and Mephisto/Knull.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011

bagrada posted:

Yeah I got Thena's costume and gave her a rage ctp. She didn't do much at first but starting at 10% pierce she's been able to button mash kill Knull and I found it works on Ultron too. I also upgraded her artifact from 3* to 4* thanks to a lucky yellow cube box.

I'll have to keep Hyperion in mind, haven't T3d him yet. I just bumped Ms Marvel and Wave, need Waves costume next sale. I think I need Taskmaster and Bullseye(?) next for more supports but I'll wait to see the next update.

Check 2100dollor.com for Thena and other rotations. It makes a big difference for characters like Thena and Makkari.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Yeah that site gave me the rotations for my other wbl teams but I haven't gone back to learn the eternals' yet. I was able to beat Gorr first try today button mashing but Thena died and I had 14 seconds left in the clock when Makkari took him down. He's less gimmicky than Ultron but a lot tankier. I was even avoiding the pierce debuff I'm pretty sure. Rotations will help there next time I try. I also think I screwed up and used Sersi in the first add phase which took a lot longer. Still got it though since I didn't lose anyone until later.I

Edit: got a 5* Storm artifact and unfortunately a 4* Jane Foster from the event.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Big patch coming. T4 venom, two new characters in Gorr and Toxin. They are letting you pick a damage dealer to be first active character instead of the leader which helps with some autobattles. And they are dumping squad battles while moving Surtur and the red gems to alliance battles with a new legendary difficulty.

https://forum.netmarble.com/futurefight_en/view/2196/1768913

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Getting rid of Squad Battle makes a lot of people I worked up for Squad Battle feel like a waste. Ah well. I can't say I'll miss it or anything. It was more of an easy daily chore than a fun stage. I guess consolidating that with another easy daily chore mode is for the best.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

So it's going to be harder to get Mandalay and awakening crystals?

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Steve Vader posted:

So it's going to be harder to get Mandalay and awakening crystals?

25 awakening and 20 mandalay at various score breakpoints. Pretty much for finishing normal, 100k and 300k in extreme (rewards go up to 7 million but aren't too exciting), and finally at 30k and 50k in legendary (it goes up to 6 million and you can get 75 essence of dimension and tcp if you can get into the millions on that difficulty).

So if you do all 3 you get 75 awakening and 60 mandalay every day, plus any you get from your weekly ranking.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Legendary alliance battle you lose points when you get hit. The Odin balls were also harder to spot my first time in but I haven't manually played squad battle in ages. Using doom and thanos I got 40k points so missed out on the third mandalay. I figured it wouldn't be easy to get the 75 t3 mats.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah I don’t know what I did. I only got the bottom points so I clearly did it wrong.

Guess it’s gonna be one you actually have to play instead of just an auto run chore. So be it.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Man I hate this mode so much. There must be some trick I can’t figure. That or I just haven’t gotten a set of criteria where I could use my best. But my “hit from behind and run away” strategy is not working.

I mean I’m getting the same basic amount of stuff I was getting from Squad Battles. But it’s taking more work and frustration. Me annoyed.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Yeah I don't have the characters built for some of the extremes, I missed qualifying this morning. I could have gotten it but I did autoplay without paying attention and didn't get enough points. Tonight after the reset I was able to get 80k in legendary. Ms Marvel with the new uniform got up to like 80-100k every time I used her 6, but then she got hit a lot losing me points and was very squishy and died. So I got to 100k, lost her dropping to 80k, then ran around like a loon on White Fox for a minute and 20 seconds because attacking risked me getting hit and losing my mandalay gems. It's dumb and I bet they change it in the long run. Imho there's no reason to risk anything more unless you are really kitted out or good at avoiding damage. Just alpha strike to get what you can then run away for 2 minutes.

I got my third bio for Gorr with 1 second left, Sersi without a CTP did the last 3 bars after I screwed up and lost Makkari and Thena. I should practice to get more teams to clear him but I'm happy doing him for 7 more days then ignoring him again after that. At least until I get some T4s or max out pierce (at 19% now).

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

bagrada posted:

Yeah I don't have the characters built for some of the extremes, I missed qualifying this morning. I could have gotten it but I did autoplay without paying attention and didn't get enough points. Tonight after the reset I was able to get 80k in legendary. Ms Marvel with the new uniform got up to like 80-100k every time I used her 6, but then she got hit a lot losing me points and was very squishy and died. So I got to 100k, lost her dropping to 80k, then ran around like a loon on White Fox for a minute and 20 seconds because attacking risked me getting hit and losing my mandalay gems. It's dumb and I bet they change it in the long run.
I did the same “forgot to do auto play” thing but I was still able to unlock Legendary by doing the Challenge thing. So at least that seems like an option even if you screw up Extreme, you’re not just locked out.

I used Luna today and like I could do damage but yeah then she’d get whacked and I’d lose everything. I tried to hit and run a lot. Like yeah, strategically I guess you could just avoiding attacking at all, collect the Odin things, and then try and rack up pts all at once? Since you can lose them so easily compiling them seems maybe secondary to just timing? But I tried that after the reset and Luna died from some big screen attack even though I was hiding. So that didn’t work.

I used the hammer Hulk Level 80 last night and I think he did more damage? So maybe it’s just a matter of having big enough damage that losses don’t hurt as much? Probably a combination of strategies? Lots of damage, Odin balls timing a big attack, and dodging. But feels like a ton of work unless there’s not just a trick I’m not getting yet.

I guess I should figure out how to beat Ultron so I can get Gorr.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

New personal best at 120k in legend alliance battle. Sharon Rogers. Helps that her 4 skill flips her to the other side of her opponent so I found a routine where I could dodge while attacking. Still kept getting hit and losing all my pts but managed to find some kind of balance. This time I just ignored the Odin things because I feel like chasing them causes more harm than good. What’s the point when you just lose all those pts anyway? Just went full on attack mode today so maybe I’ll try that more. I dunno.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

For those who haven't logged in for a while, might want to get into the game for a second to pick up a T3 selector today

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I got She Hulk to t3, so i guess I should start working on Shuri and Namor with Wakanda Forever coming out next month.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

twistedmentat posted:

I got She Hulk to t3, so i guess I should start working on Shuri and Namor with Wakanda Forever coming out next month.

That makes sense. I'm working on them next after America Chavez just so she can lead for Hulk.

Used up my good luck earlier today - got a Loki #1 P-Card from a story chest, then used that to get the last blue star on my GOTG card so now I'm up to 16% pierce (I think). Maybe now I won't be trash during Dormammu.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011
May want to use Sif for the Hulk lead and Chavez for support. You'll get a bigger boost.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Anals of History posted:

That makes sense. I'm working on them next after America Chavez just so she can lead for Hulk.

Used up my good luck earlier today - got a Loki #1 P-Card from a story chest, then used that to get the last blue star on my GOTG card so now I'm up to 16% pierce (I think). Maybe now I won't be trash during Dormammu.

She's pretty solid. And i used my free T3 on Hulk, I could have used it on Venom but I have him nearly to T3 already, just need a few hundred more CCF. I guess I could have used it on Storm, Ant-Man or Bucky, but none of them have had new costumes recently.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Legendary Alliance Battle is like they made a mode that’s just rolling a boulder up an endless hill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.

STAC Goat posted:

Legendary Alliance Battle is like they made a mode that’s just rolling a boulder up an endless hill.

No, you get the full-on Sisyphean task of rolling that boulder up the hill repeatedly, only for it to keep falling back down every time. I already said gently caress that mode.