Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

adhuin posted:

Overwatch 1 had also relatively low max rating for 'new people'. I think It was something like high Diamond.

When comp first dropped for OW1 my final rating was 60. I don't know what that was relative to the badage rankings that came later, but I'd guess plat/diamond right? Which is where I ended up getting hardstuck because I refused to improve lmao.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Bottom Liner posted:

:lmao: that tank now has the highest queue time

I guess turning half the roster into Fat Scouts and cutting a slot off the team squeezed a whole lot of people into the role.

This may be the only game where DPS is underrepresented

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

adhuin posted:

No wonder my team is full of potatoes that don't hear Flanking Orisa waving her stick literally behind them.

I am convinced that 90% of OW players cannot process sounds spatially

like they hear a Sombra decloaking and firing behind them and they go "oh that's weird" and never think to turn around

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Pattonesque posted:

like they hear a Sombra decloaking and firing behind them and they go "oh that's weird" and never think to turn around

I kept hacking an Ana one comp game last night while cloaked and they refused to do anything. I must've hacked her like 20 times alone, poo poo was funny.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Let tank fill up, there's a lot of neat DPS characters I'm looking forward to flexing into.

First stop: Mechaqueen Pharah.

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
I have yet to make it past the 'connecting to server screen'. Great start to a game.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Zodiac5000 posted:

I have yet to make it past the 'connecting to server screen'. Great start to a game.

I sometimes get into the queue but it always drops me before that goes anywhere with a "lost connection" message. Bad launch, yet still not the worst Blizzard launch. :v:

I was probably just going to check it out in passing anyway, only reason I even had interest was the PvE mode which apparently is still a year away or something.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

I had no problem logging into OW2 on my Switch last night but today it refuses to go back past the logo screen even though it throws me in a queue. PC I can get in no problem though, so long as I swapped my region to Asia.

InventorOfTrees
Dec 13, 2013

Noted Psycho Poster Panda Clue
He Dreams of Pancakes
And So Should You

Zodiac5000 posted:

I expected absolutely nothing out of this release and I'm still disappointed. Another successful launch, Blizzard.

Opioid
Jul 3, 2008

<3 Blood Type ARRRRR
Went into flex play comp with some friends last night. 3 tanks a dps and a healer was incredibly OP. Nobody died, all the tanks just soak up so much damage that it’s a breeze keeping them all up.

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

InventorOfTrees posted:

I expected absolutely nothing out of this release and I'm still disappointed. Another successful launch, Blizzard.

Yeah, not ideal. I'm constantly stuck in queues and then punted to a BC-153 error no matter what.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Opioid posted:

Went into flex play comp with some friends last night. 3 tanks a dps and a healer was incredibly OP. Nobody died, all the tanks just soak up so much damage that it’s a breeze keeping them all up.

yeah flex mode is busted because tanks rule the loving world

it's a shame the launch has been so busted because they actually made OW fun again.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
All of my characters had all their skins and everything, but a vast majority of my skin/emote/whatever preferences were different. Some defaulted to the OW1 skin, some my emotes were different than what I had set, some voice lines were missing from my wheel, etc. That part was strange.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
do not give blizzard games money thank you

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
So switching to Asia fixed the endless queues for me. Seems I still get matched in Europe though as my ping is only 30.

Mega Comrade fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Oct 5, 2022

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

RealityWarCriminal posted:

do not give blizzard games money thank you

Come and play with us. It's free.

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

adhuin posted:

Come and playqueue with us. It's free.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
I got 3000 league tokens from account merging LOL

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
We were getting DDOSed yesterday, that's why you couldn't log in!

And today...it's a witch's hex!

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

PantsBandit posted:

We were getting DDOSed yesterday, that's why you couldn't log in!

And today...it's a witch's hex!

It's funny how every major multiplayer game gets DDOSed for no reason at launch.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

so, when is this game actually gonna be released?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Sandwolf posted:

so, when is this game actually gonna be released?

lol

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

CuddleCryptid posted:

I guess turning half the roster into Fat Scouts and cutting a slot off the team squeezed a whole lot of people into the role.

This may be the only game where DPS is underrepresented

I got a 20 kill streak with Orisa on my first go in like two years with her and can’t get more than one or two eliminations before dying with dps now lol. Support is now literally just support and very little chance of actually getting a kill unless your throw some damage gloop in the vague direction of an enemy on 2hp

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.
Overwatch 2: Queueing to Grind

Seriously, maybe I'll get to play someday

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Aipsh posted:

I got a 20 kill streak with Orisa on my first go in like two years with her and can’t get more than one or two eliminations before dying with dps now lol. Support is now literally just support and very little chance of actually getting a kill unless your throw some damage gloop in the vague direction of an enemy on 2hp

ive been top damage with zen many games in ow2 already. he absolutely shreds.

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

I played all since launch and didn't wait more than 5 minutes in a queue. select a different region (Asia/Europe/Americas) and you'll get in and still be matchmade into local servers

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

Aipsh posted:

Literally every non-Mercy healer is good at killing.
Git Gud.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
was watching a friend play kiriko and he was just headshotting and murdering everything

140 damage or something for a headshot? oh baby

mace to the face though personally.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

adhuin posted:

Literally every non-Mercy healer is good at killing.
Git Gud.

I was an Ana main but now I am sucking very much :saddowns:

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Aipsh posted:

I was an Ana main but now I am sucking very much :saddowns:

make sure your resolution scaling is off and your video resolution is set to the correct hz, both really mess with the feel of aiming.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

Bottom Liner posted:

make sure your resolution scaling is off and your video resolution is set to the correct hz, both really mess with the feel of aiming.

This. It literally messes your aim by varying distances.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

Bottom Liner posted:

I’m a console pleb :nsa:. I really wish there was an FOV slider though, I saw a killcam of a genii slicing me directly in the head literally on top of my character model from a 60 degree angle that I could not see whatsoever.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

overwatch league had a woman player and did not need to segregate her into her own league

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

comedyblissoption posted:

overwatch league had a woman player and did not need to segregate her into her own league

I don't know if her team ever won even one match while she was on it, unfortunately. But I also don't think that was her fault, at all.

DrBox
Jul 3, 2004

Sombody call the doctor?

Aipsh posted:

I’m a console pleb :nsa:. I really wish there was an FOV slider though, I saw a killcam of a genii slicing me directly in the head literally on top of my character model from a 60 degree angle that I could not see whatsoever.

There is an FOV slider on PC. Is that not the case for consoles?

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

BabyRyoga posted:

I don't know if her team ever won even one match while she was on it, unfortunately. But I also don't think that was her fault, at all.
the reasons were outside her control in the first season, but she did pretty decently

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Time Crisis Actor posted:

I got 3000 league tokens from account merging LOL
how many currencies is this game going to have?

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

I was in a 50,000 person queue yesterday that went by faster than the 1,000 person queue today. It's been fifteen minutes and it's down only to 600.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

switch region to asia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

Sure wish I could try the region switch on PS. I've been trying to verify if my queued account merge succeeded or not off and on for the last couple of hours.