Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5dmxBUbzBU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007
Is it cool to talk about when we think guests are bad as long as we don't reach out to the guest directly?

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

lonelylikezoidberg posted:

Is it cool to talk about when we think guests are bad as long as we don't reach out to the guest directly?

Yeah it's fine to think a guest sucks, it becomes bizarre when you follow that up with emailing the guest that you think they suck.

There are guests on BtB and a couple other things I listen to that will make me skip the episode. I would not tell them that, because it's weird.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

It's not like the dingus even had criticisms to voice. Just "I don't want to hear your voice"

Nerobro
Nov 4, 2005

Rider now with 100% more titanium!
Hunting someone down, who has no connection to you, just to tell them "you suck" is... at best in very bad taste. At worst, borders into obsessive. It definitely shows issues with boundaries.

................... As someone who's had this happen to them. It sucks.

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007

Nerobro posted:

Hunting someone down, who has no connection to you, just to tell them "you suck" is... at best in very bad taste. At worst, borders into obsessive. It definitely shows issues with boundaries.

................... As someone who's had this happen to them. It sucks.

E: nevermind

lonelylikezoidberg fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Aug 25, 2022

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
Once I took a look at Jamie’s work credits I realized that she leans into performative absurdist comedy. Which means, of course, she’s actually Andy Kauffman.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I’m thrilled that Jamie addressed a serious topic: that Subway cookies loving own bones.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
Subway’s white chocolate macadamia nut cookies are some of my favorite cookies on Earth.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
their chocolate chunk cookies own too

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
Subway’s bread gives me heartburn. Can bread give you heartburn?

Hexaoct
May 1, 2007

Does Robert ever figure out that magpies aren't cowbirds?

Falukorv
Jun 23, 2013

A funny little mouse!
I was thinking of cuckoos, although both are brood parasites, but cuckoos first came to mind as they exist where I live.

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

Marsupial Ape posted:

Subway’s bread gives me heartburn. Can bread give you heartburn?

It's loaded with sugar so yes?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

https://twitter.com/moustafaayad/status/1564510261699960833?s=21&t=4u5Z-H_AVvNrGC6bekkZ8Q

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

https://twitter.com/daveanthony/status/1567999158543597568

I really want Robert to cover Gough Whitlam getting couped by the CIA with the support of Queen Elizabeth and it will never get more relevant than today.

edit:

https://twitter.com/jacobin/status/1567999975522533377

Testekill fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Sep 9, 2022

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Twitter posted:

You’re unable to view this Tweet because this account owner limits who can view their Tweets.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Today's 9/11 episode reminds me of how I saw the WTC before 9/11. As two big buildings that were in a lot of establishing shots: typically with the Statue of Liberty. Not the heart and soul of Capitalism, which was the NYSE.

Trump Tower, Mall of America, and some bank headquarters skyscrapers would be on the list too, but certainly not the WTC.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
The Columbus series seemed to end abruptly. I know there was a whole lot more genocide and mayhem left to discuss, but instead the last thing Robert covered was Columbus’s deliberately writing down his route incorrectly so that nobody could intercept him/get in on the pillaging action for themselves.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Zugzwang posted:

The Columbus series seemed to end abruptly. I know there was a whole lot more genocide and mayhem left to discuss, but instead the last thing Robert covered was Columbus’s deliberately writing down his route incorrectly so that nobody could intercept him/get in on the pillaging action for themselves.

Might there be a Part 3? I get a little frustrated when a topic gets more than two episodes without that being made clear at the start, because I like to listen to them all together.

The Kissinger 6-parter with the week's break in the middle was a downright painful wait.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Might there be a Part 3? I get a little frustrated when a topic gets more than two episodes without that being made clear at the start, because I like to listen to them all together.
Looks like you were right! Part 3 just dropped. The way Robert talked at the end of part 2, I thought it was over for some reason.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

i have seen him getting picked up by the right and parts of the "left" on twitter in the last years or so. its loving weird.

id love to see Roberts do an episode on anthony Comstock since he kinda "invented" alot of the modern anti abortion/conception and anti obscenity poo poo as we know it in america.
"

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Sep 16, 2022

Rampant Dwickery
Nov 12, 2011

Comfy and cozy.
Losing my poo poo cackling because the first ad for the Rush LimBook episode's first ad break is for McKinsey.

Never cease, iHeart. Never cease.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

RIP to Blue Apron’s child-hunting island :(

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

Regalingualius posted:

RIP to Blue Apron’s child-hunting island :(

it's loving wild that it was like that, and yet it's not surprising in the dumbest way.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
real talk I kind of loved the lovely morning zoo soundboard

definitely don’t use it for every episode because some subjects would probably be best sans air horn, but we absolutely need more air horn overall.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

The lovely applause clip after Dirlewanger finally died after days of non stop beatings was perfect.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
The Pruitt-Igoe Myth is something I watched on a whim when it came out and I still think about it to this day. Worth a watch but it’s grim.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

AceOfFlames posted:

The lovely applause clip after Dirlewanger finally died after days of non stop beatings was perfect.
The air horn they played when they were imagining the Polish authorities going “wait…we got who?!” was sublime.

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007
Oh my god Prop stop rambling

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Vaguely related posting in the GBS OSHA thread

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

B33rChiller posted:

Vaguely related posting in the GBS OSHA thread

This is the last time I do machetemine with this guy. He keeps spilling it everywhere.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

lonelylikezoidberg posted:

Oh my god Prop stop rambling

Prop is smart, often insightful, and an overall decent guest, but if you were making rules for the official Behind the Bastards drinking game, one would have to be "Prop says 'you know what I'm sayin'?'" It would only be worth a single sip.

SimonSays
Aug 4, 2006

Simon is the monkey's name
Prop seems to be one of the rare guests who regularly surprises Robert with his insights and experiences, it makes the show much more interesting and he can ramble and use filler words all he wants.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
I only had a problem on the second episode of Cracktober where Prop kept trying to make a bit out of Ollie North's plane hangar and it wasn't congealing, but he just kept going and cutting off Robert. Sometimes you gotta know when to bail out of a joke.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Oregon police warn for grenades washing up on beaches

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Episodes like today's almost make me wish I got the dumb ads the US does because Sophie demanding an immediate ad break after Peterson mentions dragon's gold in the hopes of the listeners getting the gold scam ad was brilliant.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

AceOfFlames posted:

Episodes like today's almost make me wish I got the dumb ads the US does because Sophie demanding an immediate ad break after Peterson mentions dragon's gold in the hopes of the listeners getting the gold scam ad was brilliant.

The only ads I ever get are ads for other iHeart podcasts, and I live in the US

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Shinji2015 posted:

The only ads I ever get are ads for other iHeart podcasts, and I live in the US
I’ve heard the gold one a few times, but yeah, mostly I just get ads for other iHeart shows. I can’t help but picture a power strip that’s plugged into itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

I also have never heard an ad for anything other than Generic True Crime Podcast #69420 or whatever it is iheart makes.