Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Xbox really knows their core clientele of American rage quitters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Wolfsheim posted:

Agreed, best boss in the game so far easily. Got the holy glasses (I wish you could see Alucard wearing little pixelated sunglasses lol) and now I'm finally on my way to the top of the castle. Destiny awaits...?!

nm;

I'll just ask here, have you figured out the clock room puzzle?

edit, oh you have holy glasses, duh. well, you're well on your way, old chap.

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Oct 6, 2022

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
I'll take the same approach to Playstation All-Stars as I do with my Playstation branded credit card. Every 6 months or so I'll see how many points have stacked up and just buy as many PSN mickymouse bucks as I can.

Jelly posted:

These new TVs have the option to power on/off once the HDMI is recognizable.

I had to turn it off because it kept powering on/off my PS5 when I didn't want it to.

Mine doesn't power off stuff. It sends a standby or power-down signal which is what electronics like PS5's and whatever want in order to go to sleep/stand-by mode rather than to have a cord yank.

bloodychill fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Oct 6, 2022

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

sometimes you gotta just yank a cord out

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
WHERE'S MAH GOT DAM CORN THEME SONY?

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...
I'm sort of curious about the Playstation Stars thing, since I got an email for it earlier today. The 'digital collectables' doesn't sounds all that interesting, but earning points for PSN credit could be kind of nice. Then again, it depends on how the 'campaigns' are handled. Sounds like you can only get it through the Playstation app, which I don't have.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

When i spend 60 dollars on switch i get like 3 dollars back in gold coins...
When i spend 360 dollars on psn i earn 4% of the 1250 points i need to get 5 dollar in credit...

Jim sony is blowing it

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

lol i'm not doing digital scavenger hunts to earn funbux, and bitch i dont care about consumer rewards either. sue me!

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

When i spend 360 dollars on psn i earn 4% of the 1250 points i need to get 5 dollar in credit...

Jim sony is blowing it

Seems comparable imo

In a certain sense of the word lol

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The nintendo just give u the money and says like yo please tap here to pay us less when you go to the next purchase. Also they dont check your address against bank records so you can avoid tax

Herman playstation is loving up

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

MechaSeinfeld posted:

sometimes you gotta just yank a bro

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Real hurthling! posted:

The nintendo just give u the money and says like yo please tap here to pay us less when you go to the next purchase. Also they dont check your address against bank records so you can avoid tax

Herman playstation is loving up

And seeing as Nintendo stuff never goes on sale, you're always gonna get the max amount of yoshi coins when you spend the money. Checkmate, Sony.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Granted

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

Jim sony is blowing it

drat, why am I not buying more games on Switch?

No seriously, why am I not buying more games on Switch? I feel guilty about how must dust the Switch is collecting.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Real hurthling! posted:

Jim sony is blowing it

You overspend on every game on the switch so and they're also mostly bad ports

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Shammypants posted:

:xcom:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I only buy exclusives

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

bloodychill posted:

I'll take the same approach to Playstation All-Stars as I do with my Playstation branded credit card. Every 6 months or so I'll see how many points have stacked up and just buy as many PSN mickymouse bucks as I can.

Mine doesn't power off stuff. It sends a standby or power-down signal which is what electronics like PS5's and whatever want in order to go to sleep/stand-by mode rather than to have a cord yank.
That makes sense. Could have been user error or reflex stupidity when trying to turn it off after accidentally turning it on, which was honestly the bigger annoyance. I know you can circumvent by using the Netflix button or something but I always forget and hit the big red power button.

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

WHERE'S MAH GOT DAM CORN THEME SONY?

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Lmao at signing up for a credit card based on my gaming habit maybe if I thought I could hide it from my wife but I can’t I already tried

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
Buying multiplats on Switch that aren't small portable-friendly indie games is a laughable affair. Every now and then, I'll go try one one of the big games that gets plopped on Switch and they all run and look like poop with insane screen tearing or are streaming and play like poop. Nintendo consoles, as always, remains for first/second party exclusives, picross, and small games. Though now that I have a steam deck, I don't even do small games on the switch anymore so it's really gathering dust.

SilkyP posted:

Lmao at signing up for a credit card based on my gaming habit maybe if I thought I could hide it from my wife but I can’t I already tried

She knew what she was getting when we got married. It helps that she has her own geeky hobbies so it doesn't bother her much. I've considered getting a travel card instead to get miles instead for cheap travel but after a couple of our friends got screwed on miles a few years back, I've been hesitant.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

netflix gaming every piece of slop in my trough to 3% completion in order to earn precious gaming fluids and a digital pat on the shoulder

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

xcom 2 rules on switch

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Im glad Sony is remastering every game I do not give a poo poo about. Maybe they can do playstation allstars next.

Where are my goddamn PS1 and PS2 classics???

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

aww, you wouldn't play them anyway

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

I had high expectations from the Steam Deck but it’s exceeded literally all of them. What you get for the price is just nuts. I almost can’t justify owning my PC anymore because I’ve stopped using it entirely. Steam OS is the poo poo. It’s so good.

I am looking forward to getting my Steam Deck next week! I do think though that it’ll quickly start to show its age in the next year or so with at least AAA video games, unless developers start to really get creative with optimization for it. Which may very well happen because of how popular the device is. But its hardware can only go so far, although much much further than the Switch, and that gets virtually every game under the sun for it, no matter how piss poor the port is.

I’m going to primarily be using the Steam Deck for retro game emulation, and I am excited.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

Shammypants posted:

That's right. I remember now. First party titles on Switch don't seem to get much of price cut, and stock of physical copies (at least on Amazon) is always a crapshoot. Bayonetta 2 like $70 for a physical copy.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Imo Always go physical with switch cause you can sell the game for like 35-50 bux after you get bored of it. Also you don’t have to worry about SD card space.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

veni veni veni posted:

Imo Always go physical with switch cause you can sell the game for like 35-50 bux after you get bored of it. Also you don’t have to worry about SD card space.

True. Maybe I can shop on eBay for better prices.

-

To try and bring things back around to the PS5, do there exist themes for the PS5 dashboard? When I have it open, the ambient (?) music starts to get annoying, and I remember PS3 and PS4 had a lot of themes for the console. I don't remember seeing anything for PS5 when I first got it (around the start of this year), but was there an update that added them in?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Since they added the full screen graphics for every game I feel like themes are probably dead

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

History Comes Inside! posted:

Since they added the full screen graphics for every game I feel like themes are probably dead

I want my roasting on an open fire corn back. I demand justice.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Max Wilco posted:

drat, why am I not buying more games on Switch?

No seriously, why am I not buying more games on Switch? I feel guilty about how must dust the Switch is collecting.

take a gander. plenty of good switch games released in the past year

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

bloodychill posted:

And seeing as Nintendo stuff never goes on sale, you're always gonna get the max amount of yoshi coins when you spend the money. Checkmate, Sony.

I can still get new Nintendo games for ~£40, Sony wants £60 for a game from 2013

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
lol
Jesus Christ lol

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

nvidia 40 acres series

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

That scene from the VVitch where Ralph Ineson is crushed under his own mediocrity except it's a pile of graphics cards, PS5 headsets and amiibos.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I can't wait for PC gaming to hit audiophile levels of stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Are we not there already?