Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Yeah Webp format images are just a pain in the rear end since a lot of sites don't recognize them as a format for embedding or uploading

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Do you remember when a burrito was six dollars? It is now nine dollars.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

drrockso20 posted:

Yeah Webp format images are just a pain in the rear end since a lot of sites don't recognize them as a format for embedding or uploading

I think the webp hate is going to age as poorly as the comic sans hate once it has more application support- it's a v good format that's actually made for internet, like the png format- also like png there are gonna be some years for applications to catch up

just learn imagemagick in the interim, you'll be fine

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Comic sans hate has aged poorly?

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Halloween Jack posted:

Comic sans hate has aged poorly?

career contrarians will umm actually to point out that it's good for dyslexics.

it's still a poo poo font

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
also there's apparently no evidence that it's good for dyslexia. the major American association notes that some people might find it helpful but that they don't recommend it as a general thing.

https://www.tes.com/magazine/teaching-learning/general/does-comic-sans-really-help-dyslexic-learners

the really exciting people are the ones who get huffy because comic sans was specifically designed for dyslexia (it was not)

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

webp, that image format that I can't ever save so I need to screen shot and paste into paint.net if I want to save? yeah, that's worse than comic sans

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Dogg I cannot brook the gossamer WebP

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Dang man it looks like they got Jeff Goldblum writing the ads AND the image format specifications

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

The Voice of Labor posted:

webp, that image format that I can't ever save so I need to screen shot and paste into paint.net if I want to save? yeah, that's worse than comic sans

I can open it in GIMP.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Yeah, once applications actually recognize that it exists it will be fine, but for now it is pretty annoying to search up an image that is labeled a png, download it, discover it is actually a webp and have to open like MSPaint (which I had forgotten existed until webps came along) to save it as a png so stuff can actually read it.

Still, I guess we all need our momentary diversions on the way to the grave.

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015

The Voice of Labor posted:

Wait, you can't even save them? Just right click! What wackadoo programs are you using?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
I can also recommend an app called Greenshot that allows you to selectively screenshot a part of your screen. Webp is the worst thing since the last worst thing.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Philippe posted:

I can also recommend an app called Greenshot that allows you to selectively screenshot a part of your screen. Webp is the worst thing since the last worst thing.
I use an app called windows+shift+S -> ctrl+v

I believe there is an equivalent in Mac somewhere

e: i am sorry little philippe I was soured on beer; does Greenshot have some extra bells and whistles with it? I agree wholeheartedly in re: webp

Nessus fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Sep 23, 2022

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Nessus posted:

I use an app called windows+shift+S -> ctrl+v

I believe there is an equivalent in Mac somewhere

e: i am sorry little philippe I was soured on beer; does Greenshot have some extra bells and whistles with it? I agree wholeheartedly in re: webp

yah Mac has the same thing but I can't remember what it is because I immediately remapped it to ⌘+Shift+S

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Nessus posted:

No worries.

Oh yeah, it's got a bunch of features. You can choose to screenshot a specific window, an area, or the entire window. You can also configure it to upload the screenshot to your image host of choice!

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Empty Sandwich posted:

also there's apparently no evidence that it's good for dyslexia. the major American association notes that some people might find it helpful but that they don't recommend it as a general thing.

https://www.tes.com/magazine/teaching-learning/general/does-comic-sans-really-help-dyslexic-learners

the really exciting people are the ones who get huffy because comic sans was specifically designed for dyslexia (it was not)

Duh, it was designed to make Jerkcity possible.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

A.o.D. posted:

Duh, it was designed to make Jerkcity possible.

worth it.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Peanut Butler posted:

yah Mac has the same thing but I can't remember what it is because I immediately remapped it to ⌘+Shift+S

Cmd+ctrl+shift+4 lets you select a rectangle on your screen, takes the screenshot, and writes it to your clipboard.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Peanut Butler posted:

I use ShareX. It's built off Greenshot's code but it also records video! I can't remember if Greenshot does this, but it also automatically saves screenshots into a directory with subfolders by month.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

There are also extensions that make your browser tell websites it can't read webp and you'll get served a regular png or jpg instead.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Safety Dance posted:

Cmd+ctrl+shift+4 lets you select a rectangle on your screen, takes the screenshot, and writes it to your clipboard.

ah right! that's why I remapped it, lol, what a terrible chord

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

When you see a photo and immediately think of Achewood

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

NoneMoreNegative posted:

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

NoneMoreNegative posted:

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Tergaso
Mar 4, 2007

My God! Wooden eels! Surface! Surface!

Okay, yeah, I see it. Thanks. That's Perfect. That is exactly the picture that I needed.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

I see Catastrophe, but not much in the way of Dude.

BitterAvatar
Jun 19, 2004

I do not miss the future

I love the phrase dong-razzled so much

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

I've been trying to be a part of this all day but I can't find a single image recognizably of someone taking a jetcopter trip to the best archipelago, or having fun and TV commenting with Linns Strommsvald of Super-auto Kvaal.

I also couldn't remember specifically what the thing from the 80s actually was.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

think about this every time i see that ghoul on milk street

Dunny
Jul 11, 2022

On that secret Taco Bell menu since small times

(Thanks for the Achewood collection, dude)

e-dt posted:

oops. i posted my achewood batch here instead of the pyf comic thread

<catching up>

pyf? what is that?

...oh

oh poo poo. now how am I gonna get any work done?

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
RIP.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

What's that Achewood where I think Lyle calles Teodor (?) something along the lines of a "house-and-paycheck hobo"? The Ohnorobot search tool isn't providing any good results.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Safety Dance posted:

What's that Achewood where I think Lyle calles Teodor (?) something along the lines of a "house-and-paycheck hobo"? The Ohnorobot search tool isn't providing any good results.

https://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=03212014

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Tyler! Are you fired? Is that what I smell in here?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Safety Dance posted:

I think oh no robot doesn't cover the entire archive.

Dunny
Jul 11, 2022

On that secret Taco Bell menu since small times

(Thanks for the Achewood collection, dude)

Zereth posted:

I think oh no robot doesn't cover the entire archive.

Yeah, it stops well short. I'm manually adding all the text into the books as invisible text boxes so you will be able to search the books though.

And I may condense it all into one mammoth volume yet, which will make the search actually useful.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

As someone who has two otherwise-pleasant coworkers who take smoke breaks together and have started smelling like "Cigarettes, But Much Worse!"-flavored vape juice, I relate to that last panel way too much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
you lovely little work-in-a-room shirt and car man