Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

commando in tophat
Sep 5, 2019

4th Stimpire Queen posted:

Caption: Some sort of clampy ship, maybe ARGO?

Advanced space bulldozer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

4th Stimpire Queen
May 4, 2022

Contemplate with nice thoughts and utterances.

commando in tophat posted:

Advanced space bulldozer

Moneydozer.

4th Stimpire Queen fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Oct 5, 2022

Fidelitious
Apr 17, 2018

MY BIRTH CRY WILL BE THE SOUND OF EVERY WALLET ON THIS PLANET OPENING IN UNISON.

colonelwest posted:

It’s really hurting the SC evangelists.

Excuse me sir, have you heard the good news of Chris Roberts? A new life awaits you in space!

Bahahahaha yeah, I recall how the whole gaming internet goes wild with excitement every time the next Jump Point drops. People just can't stop talking about it, it's crazy! All over the internet!
No no, don't go looking for it. Believe me though, everyone is absolutely rushing through the pages to get all the info.

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire
Yamiks is doing a ten year review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FelhhgLNn6A

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HoarseLeanBuzzard-mobile.mp4

Beluga Snail
Jul 26, 2013

Apparently there are also unconfirmed leaks that at the Bar Citizen in Korea, Mr. Erin let it be known that SQ42 is still "at least" 2 years away...as always.

Does anyone remember and/or have the source from the employee (I want to say maybe Ben, but then again it's been years so who knows) that said they had played through the whole game way back when?

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Beluga Snail posted:

Apparently there are also unconfirmed leaks that at the Bar Citizen in Korea, Mr. Erin let it be known that SQ42 is still "at least" 2 years away...as always.

Does anyone remember and/or have the source from the employee (I want to say maybe Ben, but then again it's been years so who knows) that said they had played through the whole game way back when?

I mean, that might actually be true: they played it, and the obvious conclusion was that it was poo poo, so back to the drawing board.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Beluga Snail posted:

It wasn't Ben, but it got erroneously attached to him and it stuck.

Tyler Witkin or whatever? The one that looks like the "THEY LOOK LIKE MONSTERS TO YOU?" guy from Silent Hill.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Tyler Witkin or whatever? The one that looks like the "THEY LOOK LIKE MONSTERS TO YOU?" guy from Silent Hill.

Now this is something I didn't know. Star Citizen History has reached the PhD level of complexity in its labyrinthine string of ineptitude and malfeasance; I thought I had some tenure for Crobear Fuckup University, but clearly I still have much to learn.

Beluga Snail
Jul 26, 2013

Jobbo_Fett posted:

That is absolutely right, thank you!

Here's the source, for anyone else that is curious - very short clip, funnily enough, just a "yep, I've played every mission because as QA it was my job". This was of course still in 2016 while "Answer the Call" was plastered across every webpage they had and the game was ostensibly still coming out that year too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-CZrmCtqdk&t=1061s

Beluga Snail fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Oct 5, 2022

4th Stimpire Queen
May 4, 2022

Yep that was Tyler aka Zyloh.

And lo and behold, he even commented on today's leak!

Tldr: he's still spewing marketing bs.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
I cannot wait for SQ42 to release and be reviewed.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Popete posted:

I cannot wait for SQ42 to release and be reviewed.

Oh yes you can.

Shazback
Jan 26, 2013

Beluga Snail posted:

That is absolutely right, thank you!

Here's the source, for anyone else that is curious - very short clip, funnily enough, just a "yep, I've played every mission because as QA it was my job". This was of course still in 2016 while "Answer the Call" was plastered across every webpage they had and the game was ostensibly still coming out that year too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuDj5v81Nd0&t=3867s

Is this the link you wanted to link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-CZrmCtqdk&t=1061s ?

Mellow_
Sep 13, 2010

:frog:
Did the project pass $570M yet?

That's how much it was to build the Costa Concordia cruise ship that sunk in Italy.

That's one of my absurdity markers.

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

Yep that was Tyler aka Zyloh.

And lo and behold, he even commented on today's leak!

Tldr: he's still spewing marketing bs.

Wait what, aren't the Chairman Letters written by the chairman? :confused:

Beluga Snail
Jul 26, 2013

Yes it is, thank you for that!

This is what happens when updating my notepad doc of all the times CIG has publicly shot themselves in the foot.

L. Ron Hoover
Nov 9, 2009

Beluga Snail posted:

This is what happens when updating my notepad doc of all the times CIG has publicly shot themselves in the foot.

There's not enough hard drive space on the planet for that document.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Beluga Snail posted:

Yes it is, thank you for that!

is this you?

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Hello and welcome to another episode of Sexual Harassment in Star Citizen.

VOIP harassment from OP:

And from another user:

Emergent gameplay on a train from yet another citizen:

And finally some nice convos from our 4th witness:

And while many were supporting and horrified a few members of the best gaming community ever disagree.

Your fault for being a female!

No one wants an online safe space, you're probably lying, also it's an alpha.

Any company that plans on launching any kind of multiplayer game needs to have avenues for players to seek and obtain help easily and effectively.

Cig has developed from the get-go that there are certain players who can do more than others. Such as if you are a big spender, you can send sexually explicit material to women, and if the women complain, the women are banned. On top of that, you can also be elected to control security somehow for live events.

This is kind of the precedent cig has set for itself. :shrug:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

EXCITING NEWS GUYS!!! SQUADRON 42 LEAK!!!

SPACE GAMES ARE SAVED!!!

BDSSE CONFIRMED!!!

FORGIVE US CHRIS FOR DOUBTING YOUR GENIUS!!!

These were posted in the main sub with the caption "Another subreddit user posted these images, asking if they were from SQ42. I can confirm that these images are from a Squadron 42 internal show & tell. I have no idea how they got the screenshots, but they're here now." and "More SQ42 info may be forthcoming in a few days, currently waiting until it's safe to share..."

Edit: same user also said "These are from a internal dev show & tell, from a long time ago. Interesting that they've suddenly appeared."

Interesting indeed, right before CitCon, engage hype spending spree!

Edit again: user says "These images are from December 2021"

My images, let me show you them.

Caption: Bengal

Caption: Heavily modified Aurora?

Caption: Brand new ship, no information

Yay.

Also: boring

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Beluga Snail posted:

Shocked and stunned at such news! It was right around the corner! I was already answering the call!

It was Ben. He claimed to have played it all and that it was just as good as a wing commander game, etc etc. :)

Like... gosh... 6-7 years ago now or so? I don't even know.

Apparently I'm wrong. But I don't care. :)

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

It's ok Titanic, this is the Something Awful, Star Citizen thread.

It can be anything you want it to be.

Chris Roberts has promised us dreams and that's what we have.

FUD 24/7

Herb Dington
Oct 6, 2013

Blue On Blue posted:

is this you?

:actually:

:crobear:

Herb Dington fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Oct 5, 2022

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Ben did say it too, I’m sure of it. On that show he did with his wife.

(My wires have probably got crossed somewhere)

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

The Rabbi T. White posted:

Ben did say it too, I’m sure of it. On that show he did with his wife.

(My wires have probably got crossed somewhere)

You're all correct: everyone at CIG has played through all of Squadron 42.

Except for Chris, of course. He tried playing it, but ended up just bitching at Dennis for an hour and a half and then going off to get more vitamins.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Kosumo posted:

It's ok Titanic, this is the Something Awful, Star Citizen thread.

It can be anything you want it to be.

Chris Roberts has promised us dreams and that's what we have.

FUD 24/7

Honestly I'm not even sure why I'm wasting so much brain space in my broken head to store useless star citizen trivia for over a decade.

It's not like any of this silly knowledge is going to show up on Jeopardy some day. :sigh:

I will be that old lady in the nursing home when somebody says "I'll take video games for $1000!" to whoever is replacing Alex Trebec since not even he lived to see the game launch, and they say:

"What is the three decade long video game scam that has raised over $1B, is still in alpha today, had the late Mark Hamill and late Gary Oldman in it... and still only has one river in it but is definitely going to be done two years from now?"

I'll start bouncing in my chair and hitting the woman next to me with my cane. That's what my end goal is.

The next day, I officially die before star citizen released as well, as another casualty of game development.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Lol no report function in the game, so just put on your digital burka and make sure no one ever finds out that you’re one of those :females:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
It's unfortunately necessary. There are lots of super annoying people out there who can be a little too annoying.

If you run any kind of multiplayer game, you've got to have staff to handle your forums and your game content.

And with the amount of creativity that cig seems to think they are going to make, they'll also need people to be actively playing the live game constantly looking for harassing things people have left behind as gifts for their peers.

I've been part of a lot of communities and communities for some specific video game tend to be pretty yucky. I'm not sure why video games is one of the worst general-admission stuff, but I think it is overall.

You can of course go to worse communities too, and dig up horrible stuff anywhere. It's the internet and the internet is nothing short of disgusting.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Mellow_ posted:

Did the project pass $570M yet?

That's how much it was to build the Costa Concordia cruise ship that sunk in Italy.

That's one of my absurdity markers.

Counting outside investments it sure has.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Beluga Snail posted:

He probably sings like a bird when infused with liquor.

Experimental Skin
Apr 16, 2016

EXCITING NEWS GUYS!!! SQUADRON 42 LEAK!!!

SPACE GAMES ARE SAVED!!!

BDSSE CONFIRMED!!!

FORGIVE US CHRIS FOR DOUBTING YOUR GENIUS!!!

These were posted in the main sub with the caption "Another subreddit user posted these images, asking if they were from SQ42. I can confirm that these images are from a Squadron 42 internal show & tell. I have no idea how they got the screenshots, but they're here now." and "More SQ42 info may be forthcoming in a few days, currently waiting until it's safe to share..."

Edit: same user also said "These are from a internal dev show & tell, from a long time ago. Interesting that they've suddenly appeared."

Interesting indeed, right before CitCon, engage hype spending spree!

Edit again: user says "These images are from December 2021"

My images, let me show you them.

Caption: Bengal

Caption: Heavily modified Aurora?

Caption: Brand new ship, no information

Is this the latest HD texture mods for Freelancer? Amazing what can be done by enterprising modders with these old games nowadays!

4th Stimpire Queen
May 4, 2022

SQUADRON 42 LEAKED TEASER VIDEO BABY!!!

SO MANY ROOMS LEAKED!!!

EPIC SPACE BATTLE AT 6:00!!!

From the comments, it seems there was a 9 minute one with higher quality, but it was nuked everywhere fast so this is what we have for now.

It's 6 minutes of assets basically, quite similar to the previous vertical slice, but you can see the 500 million dollars quality showing all over :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzuBN0JPlhQ

Mods in the main :reddit: nuked it cause:

"the video that was leaked contains a lot of extremely unannounced stuff and in the same vein of the gta6 sub mods pulling the leaked content we chose to do this.

We draw the line where it becomes basically a giant spoiler for stuff that shouldn’t be out yet. I wasn’t even aware of these leaks until 2ish hours ago as I really don’t follow sc anymore. It just seems the right thing to do. There’s tons of other avenues for leaks on Reddit and discord. Having it here in full with all spoilers intact isn’t something we want just like the gta6 sub mods chose to remove the leaked videos"

4th Stimpire Queen fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Oct 6, 2022

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Wow, can't believe they spoiled the entirety of SQ42 by showing a bunch of static room shots and a few spaceships shooting at nothing.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

So much loving grey, might as well be Squadron #808080

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

Beexoffel posted:

Wait what, aren't the Chairman Letters written by the chairman? :confused:

lmao, dude

this poo poo just kee0s getting more and more absurd

does Chris even know he’s still su0posed to be making a video game or is this one of those Office Space situations

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot
gif of chris in a back closet asking for his stapler lol

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Hallway Simulator 42 is looking good.

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001
Who wouldn't immediately fall in love with this game, which is apparently entirely made up of cutscenes featuring dead-eyed characters standing or sitting around and slow flythroughs of dimly-lit locations? It'll sell a billion copies and win all the BAFTAs (for tax purposes).

Gameplay is dead, this is what people want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

SQUADRON 42 LEAKED TEASER VIDEO BABY!!!

SO MANY ROOMS LEAKED!!!

EPIC SPACE BATTLE AT 6:00!!!

From the comments, it seems there was a 9 minute one with higher quality, but it was nuked everywhere fast so this is what we have for now.

It's 6 minutes of assets basically, quite similar to the previous vertical slice, but you can see the 500 million dollars quality showing all over :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzuBN0JPlhQ

Mods in the main :reddit: nuked it cause:

"the video that was leaked contains a lot of extremely unannounced stuff and in the same vein of the gta6 sub mods pulling the leaked content we chose to do this.

We draw the line where it becomes basically a giant spoiler for stuff that shouldn’t be out yet. I wasn’t even aware of these leaks until 2ish hours ago as I really don’t follow sc anymore. It just seems the right thing to do. There’s tons of other avenues for leaks on Reddit and discord. Having it here in full with all spoilers intact isn’t something we want just like the gta6 sub mods chose to remove the leaked videos"

There are like 30 seconds of some sort of gameplay and it's just walking with a gun and then landing a ship. They're making a visual novel :lol:

I hope the main character can date various NPCs and if we don't date Pusher, she will strangle us and it's game over

Dwesa fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Oct 6, 2022