Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

She also has an older special on bandcamp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009

The_Doctor posted:

It’s blocked in the UK. :(

Invidious to the rescue!

https://yewtu.be/watch?v=paxFZLYJwaY

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

We've already seen a dead horse
Mike Wozniak’s ‘absolute casserole’ moment just aired here and it’s just as hilarious and horrifying as the first time I saw it.

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine

Creature posted:

Mike Wozniak’s ‘absolute casserole’ moment just aired here and it’s just as hilarious and horrifying as the first time I saw it.

It's always so much ... wetter than I remember.

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures
BTW all but one of the contestant interviews are out. On reflection it makes a lot more sense to front-load all of them rather than drip-feed them to us over several weeks. This time the interviews are happening on the psychiatrist's couch...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMtfwXWQyiA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2d5COBhH4B8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6xOXoKYmcY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5LB2hMPiX8

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
Probable Australian series announced for 2023?

https://twitter.com/ParamountANZ/status/1577846814065106944

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
The phrase 'we're unleashing LOLs (sic!)' next to the year 2023 is a terrible way to promote the show. It's a terrible phrase to use in general.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

ah poo poo, wrong thread. Will go spank myself in retribution shame shame shame

CatstropheWaitress fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Oct 6, 2022

Conclusions
Oct 18, 2003

The ball of yarn will be on your desk by Friday.

Tom Gleeson? What a horrendous choice for TM.

As much as I like the contestants, this could be a train wreck.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

The World Inferno posted:

From Blogatog. Given we already have full sets and decks coming out themed around Universes Beyond it's kind of scary that he's saying most of it isn't out yet. It is what it is ultimately, but what a shame given all the world's mtg has built and taken us that all that time and energy is being spent making Batman into a Magic card instead.

Foul Heathen! There is no game but Taskmaster, and how its puppets shall dance their pointful dance for the portcullis, willing remorse and glory at Master!

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

According to the press release Andy Devonshire is series director, so they’ll have at least one person who knows what they’re doing on board. That’s promising.

I’ve never liked Julia Morris ever since she was on Full Frontal, but Tom Gleeson might be ok.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Paladinus posted:

The phrase 'we're unleashing LOLs (sic!)' next to the year 2023 is a terrible way to promote the show. It's a terrible phrase to use in general.

They're down with the kids, yo.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Are kids into Taskmaster? I watch it so I assume no.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

I think I saw some kids in the HomeTasking videos, but maybe they were just pretending to have fun, so they wouldn't be spanked.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
i thought i recognised nina oyama's name from a good tweet and it turns out she still has it pinned :tipshat:

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures

Creature posted:

According to the press release Andy Devonshire is series director, so they’ll have at least one person who knows what they’re doing on board. That’s promising.

I’ve never liked Julia Morris ever since she was on Full Frontal, but Tom Gleeson might be ok.

Sam Smith also shared that he wrote some of the tasks for the show - he's the guy who writes lots of the NZ Taskmaster tasks. So that's good news on two fronts - we're getting original tasks, and written by someone with a proven track record in that department.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
All Australian comedy quiz show hosts must be called Tom! It's the law

Anyway, I like Hard Quiz Tom but I don't know if he's the right guy for this. I think Paying Attention Tom would've been a better fit. Still going to watch it, obviously. Anyone seen how long the episodes are going to run? because that was a major fuckup in the US one.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Aw man, I really dislike Tom Gleeson. In my head, I have been hoping if there was ever an Australian taskmaster, they'd put either Shaun Micallef or Lee Lin Chin in as the taskmaster. Or, comedy option, give the roles of Greg/Alex to Colin Lane and Frank Woodley

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Are kids into Taskmaster? I watch it so I assume no.

Probably, since every contestant with kids mentions how theirs like Taskmaster.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
And they do a non swear edit of the show

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

Wungus posted:

give the roles of Greg/Alex to Colin Lane and Frank Woodley

Frank as Taskmaster.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Some exclusive content on youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wzcj6NOeqkc

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

This is great, but also peak "I swear I could do it better!"

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Hmm the premise seems familiar. Maybe it was on one of the other Taskmaster shows?

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

This is great, but also peak "I swear I could do it better!"

The way I'd do it is grab cling film from kitchen (there has to be some in there). Apply to table. Flip table over. I think that counts.

Edit: Oh, 30 seconds... Hmm... just flip the entire thing over. Edit: I'll Susie Dent the gently caress out of that wording to make it happen.

itry fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Oct 6, 2022

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
The task is more about not panicking. Getting 60 is trivial enough. I'd be completely useless at it, though.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
Hmm, so I guess for tie breaks they might keep doing the same ones until it actually gets used in an episode, neat.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

itry posted:

Hmm the premise seems familiar. Maybe it was on one of the other Taskmaster shows?

The way I'd do it is grab cling film from kitchen (there has to be some in there). Apply to table. Flip table over. I think that counts.

Edit: Oh, 30 seconds... Hmm... just flip the entire thing over. Edit: I'll Susie Dent the gently caress out of that wording to make it happen.

The real solution is Slide rows off the table into your other hand and flip all of them over in your hand back on to the table.

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

After two episodes I don't think I'm really getting John Kearns' approach to this at all.

Like, I found Nishs' angry, chaotic ineptitude very funny, and Paul Chowdhrys' dry, dazed ineptitude quite funny, but I'm just not finding Johns' poor attempts and lack of particularly amusing banter in the studio funny at all so far? I think I'm missing something about him.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Irisi posted:

After two episodes I don't think I'm really getting John Kearns' approach to this at all.

Like, I found Nishs' angry, chaotic ineptitude very funny, and Paul Chowdhrys' dry, dazed ineptitude quite funny, but I'm just not finding Johns' poor attempts and lack of particularly amusing banter in the studio funny at all so far? I think I'm missing something about him.

Apparently he won the 'Best New Comedian' and 'Best Comedian' awards at the Edinburgh Fringe in consecutive years. I just don't understand how.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Boxturret posted:

Hmm, so I guess for tie breaks they might keep doing the same ones until it actually gets used in an episode, neat.

Yeah they've mentioned before that the reason they usually don't air the unused tie breaks is that it allows them to just keep re-using the same task across multiple series until they actually need it.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Greatest live task ever. Fern is a storm of chaos.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I accidentally missed what they’re actually meant to do during the first filmed task so I have no idea what is happening

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

John doubling down on his flour strategy and then making himself laugh was really good lol

i don't know him either but i like his attitude and energy

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"Live Laugh Gin" would have made a pretty good alternative title this week.

Geeky stats time: Dara is the first UK contestant to pick up every point available to him in a show - and he had to pick up bonus points to do it. The two halves of the laminator task also work against each other, so getting full points in both is impressive. His score of 30 is the joint highest ever achieved. Katherine Ryan also scored 30 way back in Series 2, but earned 15 of those from a rabbit-based live task that was exceptionally generous with points (I suspect if run today, they would have ranked the contestants by the number of rabbits, and then given out 1-5 points by rank).

Munya's last second collapse into the bathtub is the hardest I've laughed at the first two episodes, just incredible timing to throw away half the ducks exactly on the whistle!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Greatest live task ever. Fern is a storm of chaos.

Her sabotaging her own team was absolutely hilarious. I can't decide if she did this on purpose or didn't understand the task correctly.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

Paladinus posted:

Her sabotaging her own team was absolutely hilarious. I can't decide if she did this on purpose or didn't understand the task correctly.

I thought it was a great hint personally, but I'm aware not everybody is as helicopter-phobic as myself. Helicopters are frightening vehicles.

This episode felt like the best one in a long time, it's amazing they can come up with a task that feels as original as the laminator one 14 series in. My only real complaint is that John Kearns feels pretty anonymous; I don't hate him like some people but in comparison to some of the other depth-plungers like Nish and Charlotte he doesn't bring much to the show.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I bet John will have his own Victoria moment sooner or later. Maybe he doesn't know how to open a tin can, maybe he's never seen a hamster. The duck thing is just the first glimpse into his mundanely bizarre world.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

"Crashes more" is up there with Alan Davies's monster noise :laffo:

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
The 'duck thing' and 'pharmicist' is one of the few times I've seen Alex absolutely baffled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Never not right to talk about the inherent evil lusts of helicopters. They are engineering's greatest victory against common sense.