Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

RatHat posted:

He's not directly responsible but he was the producer and it's indirectly his fault that the production was so sloppy. It's not murder though, yeah. I wouldn't be surprised if the armourer who gave him the gun was hit with a murder charge though

RatHat posted:

He's not directly responsible but he was the producer and it's indirectly his fault that the production was so sloppy. It's not murder though, yeah. I wouldn't be surprised if the armourer who gave him the gun was hit with a murder charge though
id think negligence resulting in death or manslaughter would be the worst charge they could get hit with, maybe weapons charges too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

the worst punishment would be a low score on rotten tomatoes

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Bad Purchase posted:

the worst punishment would be a low score on rotten tomatoes

goon project

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
i bet he murders someone else when they resume filming. people like baldwin don't stop at one once they get the taste

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Ralph Hurley posted:

Movie’s gonna bomb lol

alec thought it was a prop bomb

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

RatHat posted:

The armourer didn't give him the gun, she wasn't even on the scene at the time. She was also acting as a prop assistant because the production couldn't afford a full time armourer, lol. She set up the gun earlier and claims to have loaded it with the proper dummy rounds.

The assistant director took the gun off the prop table, called it "clear" without checking, and handed it to Alec. Of course he should have double checked the gun, especially since calling "clear" indicates you have checked the gun, but he wasn't the one who loaded the gun.

Last I heard no one was admitting to being the one who put the wrong bullets in the gun. If they can't prove that, it probably leaves a buttload of "reasonable doubt" for everyone else involved. Because it's possible their gently caress ups don't rise to the level of criminal negligence if a nefarious third party could have deliberately sabotaged the gun.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Facebook Aunt posted:

The armourer didn't give him the gun, she wasn't even on the scene at the time. She was also acting as a prop assistant because the production couldn't afford a full time armourer, lol. She set up the gun earlier and claims to have loaded it with the proper dummy rounds.

The assistant director took the gun off the prop table, called it "clear" without checking, and handed it to Alec. Of course he should have double checked the gun, especially since calling "clear" indicates you have checked the gun, but he wasn't the one who loaded the gun.

Last I heard no one was admitting to being the one who put the wrong bullets in the gun. If they can't prove that, it probably leaves a buttload of "reasonable doubt" for everyone else involved. Because it's possible their gently caress ups don't rise to the level of criminal negligence if a nefarious third party could have deliberately sabotaged the gun.

This sounds like a job for Benoit Blanc.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
pictured: Alex Baldwin fomenting an anti-Labor "punching down" revolution

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

Ralph Hurley posted:

Movie’s gonna bomb lol
Don't give Alec "Deadeye" Baldwin ideas.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

the executive producer's job is to produce an execution

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

smoobles posted:

the executive producer's job is to produce an execution

"Valentine's day is an excellent time for shooting our everyone-up-against-the-wall scene"
- Alec BaldLose

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Analytic Engine posted:

I really want a che style shirt but alec baldwin and that quote

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Regardless of the legality, I think it's impressive that Alec Baldwin is in a country where he can put a gun in his hand, point it at someone, pull the trigger, then claim it wasn't murder.

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

"Murder" is a crime of intent and it is probably good that we don't treat all homocides as such.

That said, it's crazy there was no real attempt to bring involuntary manslaughter charges

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

alec baldwin killed her on purpose.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

They are going to begin filming that movie here again soon and all my film industry peeps are circling wagons and threatening blacklists for people who decide working on that shitshow sounds like a good career move if they find out.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

I mean yeah, he literally pointed a gun at her and pulled the trigger. Case closed bing bong

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
He warned her about doing another take. She knew the risks.

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

In the 1600s, a lord tosses a small gold pouch to a serf after accidentally trampling his wife with his horse. The money is a pittanence against the transgression, but the serf is powerless. The lord rides away and shakes it off. The matter is settled.

In modern times, a powerful hollywood agent tosses an EP credit to the husband of a woman he shot point blank in a room full of witnesses. Everyone calls it a huge tragedy on social media. Filming resumes and the matter is settled.

In the year 2400, a galactic senator crashes his orbital yacht on the home of a family of poors. His robot servant offers the remaining family its deepest condolances and says the senator has given the robot to them as a replacement for the family members lost. The senator flies off in their backup yacht and the family never even sees his face. The matter is settled.

In the year 2800

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

sure okay posted:

In the 1600s, a lord tosses a small gold pouch to a serf after accidentally trampling his wife with his horse. The money is a pittanence against the transgression, but the serf is powerless. The lord rides away and shakes it off. The matter is settled.

In modern times, a powerful hollywood agent tosses an EP credit to the husband of a woman he shot point blank in a room full of witnesses. Everyone calls it a huge tragedy on social media. Filming resumes and the matter is settled.

In the year 2400, a galactic senator crashes his orbital yacht on the home of a family of poors. His robot servant offers the remaining family its deepest condolances and says the senator has given the robot to them as a replacement for the family members lost. The senator flies off in their backup yacht and the family never even sees his face. The matter is settled.

In the year 2800

In the years just before The End, a thick and powerful man walks two tiny dogs. A British journalist is in his way

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RR7Q9FGgiVE

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

sure okay posted:

In the year 2400

In the year 2800

Implying the modern rightwing ruling class won't just attempt to wipe out everyone else by the end of the century.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Yaldabaoth posted:

Implying the modern rightwing ruling class won't just attempt to wipe out everyone else by the end of the century.

Doesn't matter if they do. A few generations down some of their decedents become the poor relations and class struggle resumes.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
In the year 5555
Your arms hangin' limp at your sides
Your gun got nothin' to do
Some machine's doin' that for you

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Analytic Engine posted:

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

MrQwerty posted:

They are going to begin filming that movie here again soon and all my film industry peeps are circling wagons and threatening blacklists for people who decide working on that shitshow sounds like a good career move if they find out.

I'm refusing to work on the production of Rust in solidarity with the murdered woman and the workers of the world.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

Analytic Engine fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Apr 20, 2023

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

https://twitter.com/DylanTop5/status/1583960767690596352?t=0nJLsq8XS2lMhL9L3bVhPQ&s=19

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Seems like a threat

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

So, remember how the husband sold out and didn't press charges so he could be a producer in the credits?

the state didn't agree not to press charges

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

FoolyCharged posted:

So, remember how the husband sold out and didn't press charges so he could be a producer in the credits?

the state didn't agree not to press charges

Get his rear end!

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I don’t think they’re gonna get him on this. It’ll be a big fuckin stretch.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Big fuckin stretch his rear end!

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

anyone else remember when he shot the both of them right after declaring he would do so?

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Bad Purchase posted:

anyone else remember when he shot the both of them right after declaring he would do so?

it seemed so obvious at the time

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

it's crazy that he literally said that and they reported on it and yet still ???

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

it's crazy that he literally said that and they reported on it and yet still ???

Lmao that was real??? I thought it was just a clever thread title :lmao:

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Lmao that was real??? I thought it was just a clever thread title :lmao:

I'm pretty sure the person that initially posted it said it was a shop

E: yeah, here's the original article it was edited from https://variety.com/2021/film/news/alec-baldwin-rust-incident-santa-fe-1235094931/

Of course variety is probably just covering up the truth we all know in our hearts.

FoolyCharged fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Jan 19, 2023

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

FoolyCharged posted:

I'm pretty sure the person that initially posted it said it was a shop

nope,. it was real and verified as such

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i’m looking at the screenshot right now and it’s exactly as i remember it the day the news broke so i think we can put this one to bed. verified.