Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I can't watch the presentation, I just want to know about battery life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mem
Sep 1, 2005
Phone preorders live on Google store.

Got $400 trade-in credit for pixel 5 and $200 in Google store credit for ordering pixel 7 pro.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players
the watch is on the store too, $400

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Yo, $244 for my Pixel 3 with a crack. Hmm. HMM.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Phones are up, looks like the Pros have $200 credit emailed after your order ships. So no pixel watch, but $200 off after the fact.

My Hazel 256gb Pro has been ordered.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Pixel 6 gets $450 trade in, no trade in for 6a :(

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst
So it is 650€ for the normal one vs 900€ for the pro and if you get a pro you get pixel buds pro for free (and nothing for the normal one). Not much reason to go for the normal one then I guess.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

Oh, actually you do get the watch for free with the Pro and a 200 rebate or free buds for the non pro. It was worded a bit weirdly in German.

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace
I'm sorry, what? 7Pro orders get a free pixel watch? I don't see that.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

on the preoder page for the 7 pro, says

"Delivers Oct 13 - Oct 14"

so pretty soon. i'm hoping i can just walk into a best buy next week to get one without too much effort

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
The buds are just in Europe?

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019

SyRauk posted:

7 preorders get $200 in google store credit but the google watch is $350 so lol

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Lmao my Pixel 6 gets me $440 in a trade-in, I bought that poo poo at Best Buy for $400 two weeks ago

Pixel 7 on the way!

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

I went to preorder the watch on the google fi store, and it tells me it's not compatible with my plan.

way to go google

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

SyRauk posted:

In Germany at least, yeah.

I'm sure Lens will translate that correctly.

So the Pro in Germany is either a Watch or Buds
Non-Pro is 220€ rebate on the watch or Buds

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

ok pixel tablet as a google home just brought me from "why the gently caress would i want a pixel tablet" to "i think i need this pixel tablet"

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

this lady legit just pulled a "hey google" on stream COME ON my whole apartment lit up lol

e: twice?! this is a crime

ShoogaSlim fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Oct 6, 2022

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!
The "buy a 900€ phone, get a 430€ watch for free" deal in Germany is just amazing. I'll just sell my Pixel 6 Pro on Rebuy, sell the watch for a slight discount on Ebay and will have a new phone basically for free. Thanks, Google!

FunOne
Aug 20, 2000
I am a slimey vat of concentrated stupidity

Fun Shoe
I always want to buy the new phone, but I skipped the 5 as it felt like a step back from the 4XL, so far the 7Pro vs the 6Pro seems to be the G2 chip and 5x zoom. Everything else looks basically the same? Face unlock sure, but I'm a fingerprint person anyway so that doesn't do much.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

ShoogaSlim posted:

ok pixel tablet as a google home just brought me from "why the gently caress would i want a pixel tablet" to "i think i need this pixel tablet"
isn't that what it was always rumored to be?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

BoosterDuck posted:

7 preorders get $200 in google store credit but the google watch is $350 so lol

if you have "GOOGLE ONE" you get something like 10% back as store credit in a month too

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Yeah, that Tablet to Home thing looks slick. I'm all in when it comes out.

Sigh with a $200 credit I suppose I'll try out the Pixel Watch. I'm remain unconvinced it's going to be preferred in my rotation vs the GW5 Pro.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

butt dickus posted:

isn't that what it was always rumored to be?

i've been following the phone and watch leaks but hadn't heard anything about the tablet. that was genuinely a nice little surprise for me. been thinking about getting a larger nest home display thing bc i use mine often. this feels like a natural upgrade to that.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Yeah, I've got a first-gen Nest Hub that I've been holding off on updating, that tablet/dock combo looks rad.

FAUXTON posted:

if you have "GOOGLE ONE" you get something like 10% back as store credit in a month too

Where is this in writing?

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Deathlove posted:

Yeah, I've got a first-gen Nest Hub that I've been holding off on updating, that tablet/dock combo looks rad.

Yeah, I have a 1st gen hub in my living room too. This could take the place and have an always charged tablet ready to grab and use on the couch.

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
Is there anything that justifies the pixel watch being £50 more expensive than the galaxy watch 5?

FunOne
Aug 20, 2000
I am a slimey vat of concentrated stupidity

Fun Shoe

Deathlove posted:

Top right in your shopping cart before checkout?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Deathlove posted:

https://support.google.com/googleone/answer/9003266?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

deletebeepbeepbeep posted:

Is there anything that justifies the pixel watch being £50 more expensive than the galaxy watch 5?

Fitbit integration is the only thing. Otherwise the hardware looks inferior.

I wouldn't pay full price for it, but I'll check it out for $149 after credit.

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace
I just want to know if the pixel watch can be used with YouTube music.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I'm thinking about trading down from the 6 Pro to the base 7. The Pro is too big IMO. Anyone else?

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

I would recommend waiting for reviews to come out before putting down the money. I'm sure they'll be out before preorders end.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Kirios posted:

I'm thinking about trading down from the 6 Pro to the base 7. The Pro is too big IMO. Anyone else?

I am doing this indirectly because I bought a 6 Pro at launch and immediately returned it because it was too big, and now I'm getting a 7.

You are correct that it's too loving big.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Yeah, I'm waiting for reviews for the first time. Battery life is my key thing here which I can't see in a spec sheet

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Ah, thanks, I've only got Baby's First 100GB plan. Probably worth it to go up to the 200GB plan for the 3% off and just lose an extra $1/mo in Google Bucks(TM).

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

SyRauk posted:

The Galaxy watch can, so I would say yes.

CLAM DOWN posted:

Yeah, I'm waiting for reviews for the first time. Battery life is my key thing here which I can't see in a spec sheet

Good luck finding what you need since it's such a nebulous metric.

There's always going to be someone complaining about battery life due to some reason so social media is going to be inconsistent. Reviews aren't going to flush it out either.

You are basically going to have to wait like 6 months for a wide aggregation of reports.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
I only had it on in the background, did they address any new thermal solutions (VAPOR CHAMBER COOLING, or however they might frame it as a selling point) or make mention of improved 5g reception?

It’s gotta be difficult to be on a stage and recognize your best selling product had some Serious Issues that need fixing.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

SyRauk posted:

it would be pretty ridiculous if you couldn't
https://support.google.com/wearos/answer/11167087?hl=en

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

P7 preorder is $399 for new Fi subscribers (requires 60 days on Fi; $499 for existing lines - shafted as usual). The 6A is still $349 for some reason but presumably will have to go down at some point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

effika
Jun 19, 2005
Birds do not want you to know any more than you already do.
Ordered the Lemongrass 7 and will get a clear case for it. I have a red iPhone for work so now I'll have Christmas phones!

May pick up some pixel buds with the store credit; we'll see if I want a new Chromecast instead.