Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Cugel the Clever posted:

https://twitter.com/JWPascale/status/1577728254013837336?t=ZQfrw5fkdXSE0hFipk_70g&s=19
Wonder which has a greater negative impact on people of color: enforcing that motor vehicles have proper plates or emboldening drivers to drive dangerously by letting them drive with greater anonymity.

Feels like whoever wrote that conclusion up was pretty pissed off about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

gotta assume that 80% of those cars are owned by cops.

sorta related:

https://twitter.com/Curbed/status/1577373846948167695

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

webcams for christ posted:

sorta related:

Must get pretty tedious pulling people over for dangerous driving only to just let them go when they flash their friend of the police card.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Smythe posted:

this owns
Townhouses/rowhouses are cool in general but 3 narrow floors with steep stairs seems like it could kill a lot of old people.

At least with british two-up, two-down houses you might be able to retrofit a stair lift or something

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

El Pollo Blanco posted:

It does make sense that Philadelphia hates disabled people

I don't think the ADA was a thing in the early 19th century

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

mystes posted:

Townhouses/rowhouses are cool in general but 3 narrow floors with steep stairs seems like it could kill a lot of old people.

At least with british two-up, two-down houses you might be able to retrofit a stair lift or something

It's fine as long as you have a variety of buildings. Not ever house has to be suitable for everyone (in fact it's probably impossible to do so!)

mystes
May 31, 2006

distortion park posted:

It's fine as long as you have a variety of buildings. Not ever house has to be suitable for everyone (in fact it's probably impossible to do so!)
Luckily we're only building single family homes and luxury condos now

Apr 7, 2003

e: wrong thread

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud has issued a correction as of 15:50 on Oct 6, 2022

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

local newspaper confirmed that my street is being closed off to through traffic. Street to be allocated as primary bike network artery. only cars allowed are for resident parking or deliveries. 3 of the street parking spaces to be converted to more bike parking. hell loving yes

mystes
May 31, 2006

local newspaper confirmed that my street is being closed off to through traffic. Street to be allocated as primary bike network artery. only cars allowed are for resident parking or deliveries. 3 of the street parking spaces to be converted to more bike parking. hell loving yes
How do I sign up for this

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

people are leaving nyc lol

https://www.macrotrends.net/cities/23083/new-york-city/population

The current metro area population of New York City in 2022 is 18,867,000, a 0.23% increase from 2021.
The metro area population of New York City in 2021 was 18,823,000, a 0.1% increase from 2020.
The metro area population of New York City in 2020 was 18,804,000, a 0.01% decline from 2019.
The metro area population of New York City in 2019 was 18,805,000, a 0.07% decline from 2018.

Apr 7, 2003

actionjackson posted:

people are leaving nyc lol

https://www.macrotrends.net/cities/23083/new-york-city/population

The current metro area population of New York City in 2022 is 18,867,000, a 0.23% increase from 2021.
The metro area population of New York City in 2021 was 18,823,000, a 0.1% increase from 2020.
The metro area population of New York City in 2020 was 18,804,000, a 0.01% decline from 2019.
The metro area population of New York City in 2019 was 18,805,000, a 0.07% decline from 2018.

Three tenths of a percent, sound the alarms

e: nevermind, I misread your post

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud has issued a correction as of 16:35 on Oct 6, 2022

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

mystes posted:

How do I sign up for this

it's the result of a city ballot initiative in May of this year, which passed with 71.2% support. the campaign to collect signatures for the vote to occur began in October 2020. I'm a dues paying member of the local pro-bicycle political lobbying org. 27 new kilometers of bicycle infrastructure

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

it's the result of a city ballot initiative in May of this year, which passed with 71.2% support. the campaign to collect signatures for the vote to occur began in October 2020. I'm a dues paying member of the local pro-bicycle political lobbying org. 27 new kilometers of bicycle infrastructure

lmao I think you're one of my clients

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

Lib and let die posted:

lmao I think you're one of my clients

lol those are some pretty specific numbers I posted. thank you for your service; I will buy you beer

mystes
May 31, 2006

Ah I think I've spotted my problem

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

as an American I had to jump through considerably more hoops than my neighbors to reap these benefits. even with a looming energy crisis it's still 1000% worth it though

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

sorta related:

i have a huge rant about this and once wrote a huge paper on it but i did not write this particular article

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Cugel the Clever posted:

https://twitter.com/JWPascale/status/1577728254013837336?t=ZQfrw5fkdXSE0hFipk_70g&s=19
Wonder which has a greater negative impact on people of color: enforcing that motor vehicles have proper plates or emboldening drivers to drive dangerously by letting them drive with greater anonymity.
The real solution is to get rid of temporary tags completes. It's a stupid program that was always abused.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

mystes posted:

not my problem

Apr 7, 2003

mystes posted:

That's why they're spiral stairs, old people aren't flexible and will jam up in them once falling

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Come to Philadelphia, home of the trinity house. Usually 10 or 14 feet wide and three stories tall with a basement down below.

most of my best memories from undergrad happened in places like this

By necessity you would share this house with like 5-10 of your best buds and it was possible to have to travel through multiple bedrooms to get to your own. it unironically ruled

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

also it was trivially easily to make a clean getaway from cops out the second or third floor windows

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
I can bike downtown now with like 95% protected lane or MUP coverage. soon it will be 100%. gently caress carrrrrs

mystes
May 31, 2006

leftist heap posted:

I can bike downtown now with like 95% protected lane or MUP coverage. soon it will be 100%. gently caress carrrrrs
I'm jealous

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

https://twitter.com/QAGreenways/status/1578020650970910722

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Lol

mystes
May 31, 2006

A lot of americans would see literally nothing wrong with this (except the part where he doesn't just drive home after a few beers)

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

That's why they're spiral stairs, old people aren't flexible and will jam up in them once falling

lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqB1uoDTdKM

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

The cops around here also use massive pickup trucks with the four doors. No clue why, the back always appears to be empty and there is always just one cop in the truck. I guess that's just what they all prefer now.

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

The worst nightmare housing you could possibly imagine in some sort of fever dream is actually not so bad because not everyone has to live there --cspam

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

it's a start

https://twitter.com/firstsquawk/status/1578153126984814592

Apr 7, 2003

Pryor on Fire posted:

The worst nightmare housing you could possibly imagine in some sort of fever dream is actually not so bad because not everyone has to live there --cspam

I'd move into one of those trinity houses in a minute

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

The real solution is to get rid of temporary tags completes. It's a stupid program that was always abused.
+1. Zero reason cars can't just drive off the lot with proper plates beyond lack of political will to adjust the system.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

sorta related:

oh goody

quote:

Over the last ten years, as SUVs and trucks came to make up 80 percent of total new car sales in the country, pedestrian fatalities have increased dramatically, hitting the highest level in four decades. Nationwide, police car chases now kill more people than tornadoes, lightning, and hurricanes combined. As those trends converg

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Cugel the Clever posted:

+1. Zero reason cars can't just drive off the lot with proper plates beyond lack of political will to adjust the system.

It might be hard to get the prisoners who make the plates on the lot

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

mystes posted:

The narrow spiral stairs is so they don't gather a lot of speed actually

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

quote:

Over the last ten years, as SUVs and trucks came to make up 80 percent of total new car sales in the country, pedestrian fatalities have increased dramatically, hitting the highest level in four decades. Nationwide, police car chases now kill more people than tornadoes, lightning, and hurricanes combined. As those trends converg
I can assure you that this probably won't be the case over the next several years.

Climate change is likely to get worse much faster than the cops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Famous last words for 800 alex