Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brexit the Frog
Aug 22, 2013

https://twitter.com/dawnofthediscs/status/1576990064999301120

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Does this one have the butthole cut?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Lol in 4k

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
I see that 48 Hours is getting a UHD double pack with both films in it right off the bat, which is a nice development because in the past they'd never do that. It's always been one movie, then the second movie a year later and maybe the double pack 6 months after that.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I’ve heard the sequel isn’t good so maybe they’re trying to get out ahead of that.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

yeah best to just double up from the jump in that case

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I kind of like that t-shirt VinSyn has in the email that just went out. But there isn’t anything I’m desperate to have right this minute, and I’ve already spent too much on spooky season discs.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Casimir Radon posted:

I kind of like that t-shirt VinSyn has in the email that just went out. But there isn’t anything I’m desperate to have right this minute, and I’ve already spent too much on spooky season discs.

Subscriber Week :geno:

Makes sense, they're probably buckling under the strain of the semi-annual sales, so it gives them a little breather.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

dorium posted:

yeah best to just double up from the jump in that case

Kinda like what they did with the Men in Black trilogy, they first put out the full set because they knew nobody was gonna want MiB 2 otherwise.

In this case though both of the 48 hours movies are getting individual releases so for whatever reason they're giving us more choice than they usually do.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Casimir Radon posted:

Did they ever send out the April Fool's Day thing? (I didn't buy it, I've just been waiting for someone here who did to report back about what it was.)

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Sirotan posted:

Did they ever send out the April Fool's Day thing? (I didn't buy it, I've just been waiting for someone here who did to report back about what it was.)
Somebody mentioned something, maybe about it shipping, but I don’t recall them ever saying what it actually was.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
We've yet to get anything for the April fools day thing.

I dont mind them moving back the subscription until Jan, gives me more time to save I guess lol

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Yeah, Subscriber week is smart. Most people would be getting holiday bonuses or cash gifts during the holidays, makes it a lot easier for people to subscribe. Also means I don’t have to drop $900 on that and that’s my entire Black Friday budget gone in a minute.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Preordered

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Liar Lyre posted:

Yeah, Subscriber week is smart. Most people would be getting holiday bonuses or cash gifts during the holidays, makes it a lot easier for people to subscribe. Also means I don’t have to drop $900 on that and that’s my entire Black Friday budget gone in a minute.

Whoa is it $900?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

dorium posted:

Whoa is it $900?

drat near

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

but you're guaranteed cardboard slipcases.

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

Are there Criterion flash sales in October? Should I expect one next week?

It's just that a couple days ago they emailed a gift code hinting at "an upcoming flash sale", and I need to purchase one of their blu-rays as a gift.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
Usually the 50% off sale is in November, not sure about flash sales.

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

signs point to "yes"

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Oh hell yeah

https://twitter.com/klstudioclassic/status/1577706867261841409?s=46&t=1hyq-gf2hPtf8BZf18w4ng

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

ooooooooh sweet. that's a great picture. definitely a day one buy.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I want 4Ks of every single 70s “this entire cast is nothing but schlubby middle aged dudes sweating in polyester” movie ever made. Day one purchase.

Thatoaklandkid
May 21, 2006

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I want 4Ks of every single 70s “this entire cast is nothing but schlubby middle aged dudes sweating in polyester” movie ever made. Day one purchase.

The sickos in Hollywood will never allow anyone who looks like these people to be in movies ever again. It sucks :(

Thatoaklandkid
May 21, 2006
I watched Thief last night (arrow blu, so good) and Robert Prosky looks absolutely disgusting, it rocks. Hotties-only Hollywood is a bummer.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?
Yeah, it's definitely changed. Like on M*A*S*H - Alan Alda was in his late 30s and 40s playing a guy who is supposed to be no older than 28. Gary Burghoff is looking more and more like a middle-aged dentist and playing 18 or 19.

In the Godfather, Robert Duvall is in his 40s, and he's supposed to be the same age as Sonny. Marlon Brando is only 48, which I guess makes sense. He just looks terrible for his age.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Cemetry Gator posted:

Marlon Brando is only 48, which I guess makes sense. He just looks terrible for his age.

He's wearing a lot of makeup

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
I had similar thoughts last night watching Amityville II. The father of the family in the movie is played by Burt Young, who we all know from the Rocky movies. By 2005 you have a very similar role in the Amityville remake and they cast Ryan Reynolds.

Re Brando: Yea a lot of people don't know how much makeup he's wearing in The Godfather. I think it's a combination of the quality of the makeup job and also Brando's reputation as a guy who was barely keeping it together towards the end of his career.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
For a while they were all "character"/supporting actors but even that seems to be on the way out.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

There are a lot of great, distinct-looking stars and character actors working today. Feels like it's more that a lot of movies just don't get made without one of the same 10 guys in the lead role

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Basebf555 posted:

I had similar thoughts last night watching Amityville II. The father of the family in the movie is played by Burt Young, who we all know from the Rocky movies. By 2005 you have a very similar role in the Amityville remake and they cast Ryan Reynolds.

TBF the remake is specifically a remake of the first, where the male lead was James Brolin.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Maxwell Lord posted:

TBF the remake is specifically a remake of the first, where the male lead was James Brolin.

And they did give Reynolds the beard to try to give him more of a rugged look.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Recently watched the uhd of the og amityville, it's long n boring for the most part. Brolin and Kidder are great tho

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

MacheteZombie posted:

Recently watched the uhd of the og amityville, it's long n boring for the most part. Brolin and Kidder are great tho

:lol:

I'm dreading watching my copy. I'm sure the VS restoration looks great, but that was probably the least excited I've been about anything they've released in the 6 years I've been subbing to them.

Thatoaklandkid
May 21, 2006

morestuff posted:

There are a lot of great, distinct-looking stars and character actors working today. Feels like it's more that a lot of movies just don't get made without one of the same 10 guys in the lead role

Bill Camp is the modern equivalent I always think of. I think there’s just more ultra-hotties around to cast in the kind of antagonist or supporting roles that your Proskys or Brimleys used to slot into.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I’ve only ever seen Amityville Horror 2 and Amityville 3D because the local ABC affiliate showed them on a Saturday night double feature they used to do when I was in high school. This was also how I saw The Howling 2: Your Sister is a Werewolf which is one of the worst things I’ve ever seen. Also saw Highway to Hell on it. Went in thinking it was going to be terrible and ended up rather loving it.

Anyway. The first Amityville sequel wasn’t too bad, maybe even kind of good. I guess there’s an implied incest plot line that got cut out of the tv version that might have colored my feelings about it. 3D is just bad, and then they wave something at the camera every once in a while to remind you it’s in 3D.

10 movies based on a dumb scam cooked up by the Lutzes.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Thatoaklandkid posted:

Bill Camp is the modern equivalent I always think of. I think there’s just more ultra-hotties around to cast in the kind of antagonist or supporting roles that your Proskys or Brimleys used to slot into.

I want to see Bill Camp and Richard Kind do a buddy cop movie.

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Casimir Radon posted:

I’ve only ever seen Amityville Horror 2 and Amityville 3D because the local ABC affiliate showed them on a Saturday night double feature they used to do when I was in high school. This was also how I saw The Howling 2: Your Sister is a Werewolf which is one of the worst things I’ve ever seen. Also saw Highway to Hell on it. Went in thinking it was going to be terrible and ended up rather loving it.

Anyway. The first Amityville sequel wasn’t too bad, maybe even kind of good. I guess there’s an implied incest plot line that got cut out of the tv version that might have colored my feelings about it. 3D is just bad, and then they wave something at the camera every once in a while to remind you it’s in 3D.

10 movies based on a dumb scam cooked up by the Lutzes.

A truthful biopic about the Warrens would be fun, pedophilia and all

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Dr. Jerrold Coe posted:

A truthful biopic about the Warrens would be fun, pedophilia and all
Hadn’t heard about the pedo stuff. Guess I shouldn’t be surprised.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

MacheteZombie posted:

It is for my money the worst horror film to have made any kind of significant cultural impact. It’s just so boring, and so disjointed you can kinda tell it’s based on a lie because there’s a lot of “uh and then THIS scary thing happened!”