Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

LLSix posted:

I started playing this recently after messing around a bit a year ago. I'm LLSix ingame. I'm 12/14/7/22. I've read a couple of the recommended guides but I'm not clear on something. Should I invest in a small orchard right away, or just save until I unlock the forest? I've got 100k in the bank and the orchard is only 50k.

On an unrelated note, I hate the quest to get a steak kabob. I need one more and they cost ~10k right now while the quest only pays 1k. I'm guessing this used to be less of a loss before in-game inflation?

Sent you 5 iced tea that you can sell for 1k silver each.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe
1. Empty your mailbox
2. Technically you want to save up for the sawmill but honestly just buy things it's not going to set you back much.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

rafikki posted:

Sent you 5 iced tea that you can sell for 1k silver each.

Thank you! That's very nice of you!

graventy posted:

1. Empty your mailbox
2. Technically you want to save up for the sawmill but honestly just buy things it's not going to set you back much.

Emptied and increased my mailbox size to 20.

LLSix fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Sep 28, 2022

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

i don't think there's been any kebab inflation in the months i've been playing this game. the kebab quest sucks, but i think that quest chain pays you back later with a big chunk of silver or a whole steak or something

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
One mistake I made early on was not paying attention to the progression of how to make silver. I feel like right around the kebab quest. Make sure you are making sturdy shields or whatever, then fancy pipes, then lanterns. Or something double check the library for order. They say "don't sell it" but the second half is "that you can't replace in a hour / day / few days." l

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Has anyone tried the other game from the same dev?

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/titan-conquest-rpg/id1636145366

It looks like it came out sometime at the end of July?

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

MarcusSA posted:

Has anyone tried the other game from the same dev?

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/titan-conquest-rpg/id1636145366

It looks like it came out sometime at the end of July?

I tried it very briefly and didn’t really get into it.

and the claw won!
Jul 10, 2008

dolphinbomb posted:

The orange geckos in that step are my current roadblock. I've been chucking salt in the well for spiked shells, so I've got plenty of those but only like 55 geckos. I could grind them out by exploring, but I'm still trying to max my skill and would rather use my AP/cider for that.

Definitely ask for dragonflies/grasshoppers in the giveaway channel. There's currently no use for them outside of this quest and a lot of longtime players are drowning in them.

I'm in the same spot dumping Crab Claws into the well for geckos and sea dragons.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
I know it's the nerd way and most of us are too old for that poo poo but I can recommend using Bady's ATI spreadsheet which can be found under guides.

Overall, I can really recommend the help channel and library pages. rkm13 became staff and ever since we keep poking and helping him with keeping library pages up to date.

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Why can I not give mugs of beer to George and Holger, even though the wiki says they love it? Do I have to be farming 99 or something?

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Thanks for all the gifts everyone! Your generosity and the mailbox passwords allowed me to afford to get the sawmill already. Now I just need to grind up from crafting 11 to 13.

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Greetings Earthling! Do you have any Zoom Boots?
I'm stuck on the final Unexpected Visitor Quest (I think) trying to get 2 teapots. The only way to get them seems to be from tossing dice in the well. Probability has not been my friend. Been tossing 4 dice in the well per day for 3 days now and I have 0 teapots. Augh!

Unponderable
Feb 16, 2007

Good enough.
Some spoilers for friendship levels/future cooking content, if you want to get a jump on things:

Friendship levels appear to follow the same XP formula as skills, meaning level 99 is about 2 billion total XP. Since "loved" items give 150 XP and "liked" items give 25 XP, it's a pretty absurd prospective grind to max out friendship levels at the moment. As people know, they will eventually give rewards every 10 friendship levels. Fortunately, right now, the highest reward is at level 50 for one villager.

To get to level 10: 389 loved items
To get to level 20: 1,984 loved items
To get to level 30: 6,504 loved items
To get to level 40: 19,032 loved items
To get to level 50: 55,406 loved items

The only notable rewards from friendship levels are some of the new cooking recipes. They come from:

George (Level 10) - Loves Hide, Carbon Sphere
ROOMBA (Level 20) - Loves Scrap Metal, Carbon Sphere
Thomas (Level 30) - Loves Fliers, Fishing Nets, Likes a bunch of easy to get fish and bait
Charles Horsington III (Level 40) - Loves Apples, Gold Carrots, Likes Carrots and Twine
Holger (Level 40) - Loves Potatoes, Likes Trout and some other easy to get fish
Jill (Level 50) - Loves Leather, Mushroom Paste, Yellow Perch, Likes Milk and Scrap metal

Villagers who may also get friendship level recipes added soon: Rosalie (loves dyes), Cecil (loves yarn), and Vincent (loves mushroom paste and axes).

Buddy.farm has the full breakdown on loves/likes. There are more options than what I put here, but I put the easiest to grind ones down here. And you'll get XP from personal requests so take these numbers with a grain of salt.

Unponderable fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Sep 30, 2022

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Vasler posted:

I'm stuck on the final Unexpected Visitor Quest (I think) trying to get 2 teapots. The only way to get them seems to be from tossing dice in the well. Probability has not been my friend. Been tossing 4 dice in the well per day for 3 days now and I have 0 teapots. Augh!

Just keep going, I think there’s a 25% chance of a teapot. I know I got three in a row one day lol.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

This is probably a silly question, but how do you use lemonade? I don't see an option for it on the exploring list.

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

LLSix posted:

This is probably a silly question, but how do you use lemonade? I don't see an option for it on the exploring list.

You have to either use your arnold palmers first or put them in your storehouse, and then that option becomes lemonade.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

And if you’re trying to do a daily quest, Arnold palmers count as the appropriate quantity of lemonade.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

I just made it 40 farming. Thanks for all the help everyone.

Pumpkin is a weird crop. It's the first one that's not strictly better than the previous crops in profit per minute (before perks, etc). Is it only intended to be planted overnight and with grape juice?

I've got my sawmill up to 50 boards per hour. I think most of my income still comes from completing quests (thank you for all the stamina boosters you have mailed me). I'm not sure if I want to continue investing in the sawmill at this point or spread out to cows/orchard.

At half a mil, and then, I assume at least another half mil to be useful, the vineyard doesn't seem like a good investment. Minimum time to recoup expenses of a month using grape juice on pumpkins with my 20 crop spots right now.

Hobojim posted:

You have to either use your arnold palmers first or put them in your storehouse, and then that option becomes lemonade.

Thank you!

My favorite quest so far is the 99 bottles chain. It's deeply amusing that it just keeps going.

edit: Eww, just got two gross quests. One for 200 apples and one for 200 lemons. The lemon one feels extra bad, stupid wizard is paying a fifth for the lemons vs what Cecil is offering for apples. No! I like my fruit. I don't want to give it away.

LLSix fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Oct 3, 2022

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Honestly the fact that you have to use the Arnold palmers first is kinda dumb.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
I skipped long running crops at first except for overnights. Probably a mistake. I now do pumpkins when I won't have time to play for a few hours but I also have max speed crops.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

MarcusSA posted:

Honestly the fact that you have to use the Arnold palmers first is kinda dumb.

I think it takes a couple perks but they give you more value per lemon.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I have decided to devote my time and resources into catching up on this 99 bottles quest.

I'm only 63/67 so it shouldn't be too bad to keep up on once I get it to my level

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Thank you Koshmar for the 2 mailboxes full of apples! I had a bunch stockpiled somehow and what you sent gave me just enough to finish the quest.

Thank you rafikki for an equal number of lemons! I invested in a small orchard of 10 of each fruit so I'll be able to slowly stockpile the rest of the lemons I need. You still saved me a lot of time and I really appreciate it!

H110Hawk posted:

I skipped long running crops at first except for overnights. Probably a mistake. I now do pumpkins when I won't have time to play for a few hours but I also have max speed crops.

Don't feel bad. All the crops up till pine are less than 1 silver profit per minute from each other (all of them fit in the 1-2 silver/minute range). There's not really anything you can do in terms of planting cash crops to provide a meaningful revenue stream through the early-mid game it seems like.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
:stare:

So crop rows give xp. Just bought the 1bn crop row. I didn't know that. Then used todays grape juice on rice. And suddenly I'm farming 96 and a hairs breath away from 97. I was 8x before.

LLSix posted:

Don't feel bad. All the crops up till pine are less than 1 silver profit per minute from each other (all of them fit in the 1-2 silver/minute range). There's not really anything you can do in terms of planting cash crops to provide a meaningful revenue stream through the early-mid game it seems like.

I don't, just saying I let a lot of idle time go by on accident.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
You should also get 500m farming XP when buying the Kitchen for 500m silver. Once Cooking is released.

Note that there should be an Halloween event this month where you get 1.2x XP so buying the 1b crop row will give you 1.2b xp instead of just 1b. That should help some people push for lvl99 farming.
As always, buying it earlier can be worth it, if you can upgrade your grape juiced crop from sunflowers to beets or even rice. You'll have to math that out.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
And if you're worrying about grape juice supply, don't. You will get plenty from requests to tide you over until you get to the pet that will get you 12 per day.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Tahirovic posted:

You should also get 500m farming XP when buying the Kitchen for 500m silver. Once Cooking is released.

Note that there should be an Halloween event this month where you get 1.2x XP so buying the 1b crop row will give you 1.2b xp instead of just 1b. That should help some people push for lvl99 farming.
As always, buying it earlier can be worth it, if you can upgrade your grape juiced crop from sunflowers to beets or even rice. You'll have to math that out.

Yeah I read that after trying to figure out wtf happened. Oops. I did get both beets and rice though.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Don't worry about it. It's 20ish days until the event, which means your upgraded crops will likely make up for the missed event bonus.
The math for this is kinda simple, check the xp difference between your last highest crop and your current highest crop, multiply by plots and daily gj uses (I think I posted an example earlier in this thread, when I was at that stage of the game).

Dancer posted:

And if you're worrying about grape juice supply, don't. You will get plenty from requests to tide you over until you get to the pet that will get you 12 per day.

If anyone needs gj/grapes you can just poke me in help channel (ColeusSanctus) or on here and I'll mail you some. Make sure to always use all the daily grape juice uses, ask for help here or in giveaways if needed.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Really trying to upgrade my store house today so I get +10 slots a day from work.

If I can’t get the 100 million today I definitely should have it tomorrow. Making pipes makes bank that’s for sure

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

LLSix posted:

Thank you Koshmar for the 2 mailboxes full of apples! I had a bunch stockpiled somehow and what you sent gave me just enough to finish the quest.

Thank you rafikki for an equal number of lemons! I invested in a small orchard of 10 of each fruit so I'll be able to slowly stockpile the rest of the lemons I need. You still saved me a lot of time and I really appreciate it!

Before the endgame crops, mushrooms is the real cash crop because of all the things paste enables you to craft and sell.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
How the hell do some people have 500+ MB sizes. that is so much gold....

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Patreon levels give you a mailbox multiplier, I think 10x max.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Ah ok. I just have a 2x multi and considering dropping 600gold to get from 100 to 200

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Fwiw the patreon mailbox boost isn’t that big. It’s an extra 20 slots

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

MarcusSA posted:

Fwiw the patreon mailbox boost isn’t that big. It’s an extra 20 slots

Nope, it’s a multiplier. Check the library page on Patreon; the multipliers are 2/3/4/5x base.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

I've read both gold perk lists, and I think I have all the essentials. I'm not sure what to get next though. Currently I'm trying to decide between:

a) grape juice pitcher. I want this eventually but I'm low on grape juice right now and another round of pumpkins would only net ~60k a day.

b) extra guess at the vault. If it's the difference between succeeding or not, its an extra ~100k, but it won't be every day, so call it ~50k a day

c) Banker III - I'm saving up for a quarry, so this'd be 200-300k a day except when I empty out my account, but neither guide likes it which is confusing.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

LLSix posted:

I've read both gold perk lists, and I think I have all the essentials. I'm not sure what to get next though. Currently I'm trying to decide between:

a) grape juice pitcher. I want this eventually but I'm low on grape juice right now and another round of pumpkins would only net ~60k a day.

b) extra guess at the vault. If it's the difference between succeeding or not, its an extra ~100k, but it won't be every day, so call it ~50k a day

c) Banker III - I'm saving up for a quarry, so this'd be 200-300k a day except when I empty out my account, but neither guide likes it which is confusing.

Grape Juice Pitcher is definitely the better long term option. It's not just the extra Silver, but the extra Farming XP as well. Extra Guess is fine when you don't have other high priority things to do. Skip the Banker perks, they are pretty much worthless.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

yeah Banker/Savings account are 100% worthless, once you start mastering PC fish you'll make more from 10 large nets in PC than you would from the daily interest

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

LLSix posted:

get grape juice, then vault way down the list
don't bother with any of the banker perks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Would you bother with bank perks once your 4x99 and 100-odd floors up the tower?

I only ask because I seem to have over 1300 gold and don’t see anything else to spend it on.