Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

my brother in christ, you literally diverted a recent conversation about something unrelated with a snarky remark about bitter exes

you might not see it this way because you see yourself as the hero in your own story, but every time geese come up, you feel somehow obligated to make a comment about schisms or bitter exes

I don't have a particular grudge with you, it's just a pattern that is very easily demonstrable. Maybe you're not aware of it, I don't know

WorkerThread posted:

i think the new ships are cool and would have liked the navy frigates when i was starting out but every update where they don't do any broader systemic changes just feels like a waste right now

Because this can possibly be hugged out, yeah I totally agree here. It would be awesome to see the devs approach opportunities that we've known for *years* they're aware of. I don't understand what makes CCP so incapable of approaching issues that are very clearly studied and reported on in shocking depth by their players.

I feel like a different version of CCP would thrive with a community with such deep talent in spreadsheet and writing talent. It's like they just....drop every opportunity to seize upon their community as an asset.

Potato Salad fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Oct 6, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

Potato Salad posted:

my brother in christ, you literally diverted a recent conversation about something unrelated with a snarky remark about bitter exes

you might not see it this way because you see yourself as the hero in your own story, but every time geese come up, you feel somehow obligated to make a comment about schisms or bitter exes

I don't have a particular grudge with you, it's just a pattern that is very easily demonstrable. Maybe you're not aware of it, I don't know

you're thinking of the guy who just got probed. goon face blindness strikes again

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

On review, Goosefleet gov has chosen to part ways with lollintee.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Potato Salad posted:

I was talking more about the professional dimension

The way you characterize large organizations is far from universal--it's not an accurate assertion, especially as an excuse

^ Dude, Bill and others might be attempting to frameless like their innocent posters who are getting unfairly dogpiled on the regular, but that doesn't make it true. if you go and pull on the thread of how these blow ups evolve, it starts with somebody deliberately throwing a hand grenade.

It's deliberate, and they know it. The cute little game of taking the first shot then loudly claiming innocence and victimhood is old and tired.

Just because Bill comes here like an rear end, doesn't mean everyone has to get their edgy&unfunny responses out. Maybe people can just shut the gently caress up and not respond everytime

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Dalael posted:

Just because Bill comes here like an rear end, doesn't mean everyone has to get their edgy&unfunny responses out. Maybe people can just shut the gently caress up and not respond everytime

But that's not entertaining for the rest of us? :v:

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
I brought some station containers to clear up my alt corp office. Now I need more containers for truly granular storage

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.

Wibla posted:

But that's not entertaining for the rest of us? :v:

Bill fishing with dynamite is one of the most entertaining aspects of this thread.

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

dragonshardz posted:

thank you for upholding handsome ralph thought

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

dragonshardz posted:

lmao

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

andromache posted:

Bill fishing with dynamite is one of the most entertaining aspects of this thread.

Is this a puppetmaster defense?

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

dragonshardz posted:

Even when they take time, that type of change is so obviously for the better that it just feels wonderful.

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007

Dalael posted:

I swear y'all d name posters are something else

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

andromache posted:

:laffo: he always gets a good catch, too.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

I mean if you haven’t caught on by now to what Globby and Bill are up to I don’t know what to say man.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

as someone who is actually been on comms with Bill, nah he really is just this stupid.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

CainFortea posted:

as someone who is actually been on comms with Bill, nah he really is just this stupid.

I’d say he’s slightly more subtle than DBRB.

Slightly.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

What does your heart (and your eyes) tell you?

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Potato Salad posted:

What does your heart (and your eyes) tell you?

I'm......gayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

andromache posted:

I’d say he’s slightly more subtle than DBRB.

Slightly.

Like DBRB, he's a tedious white noise poster.

dragonshardz fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Oct 6, 2022

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

andromache posted:

I mean if you haven’t caught on by now to what Globby and Bill are up to I don’t know what to say man.

This, but also it stopped being funny and started getting tedious.

Except the probes, those are always funny.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

andromache posted:

I have them on ignore because they're tedious and uninteresting v0v.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

I have them on ignore because they're tedious and uninteresting v0v.

Bill’s use of “the hateful 8” does provide me with the golden opportunity to tell you that I caved in on buying my last snake, a anery Kenyan sand boa, because it was pointed out that could now refer to my collection as “the snakefull 8”

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

Potato Salad posted:

I feel like a different version of CCP would thrive with a community with such deep talent in spreadsheet and writing talent. It's like they just....drop every opportunity to seize upon their community as an asset.

I wonder if it's at least partially deep-rooted backlash from the T20 incident - they tried to "engage with the community" in a way that the community hated, and rather than figure out a better way to do it, they just put up crude firewalls and stopped thinking about it.

NumptyScrub
Aug 22, 2004

damn it I think the mirrors broken >˙.(

andromache posted:

If I said "low budget Stux knockoff" how close to the mark would I be? :v:

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

NumptyScrub posted:

If I said "low budget Stux knockoff" how close to the mark would I be? :v:

Stux is actually funny sometimes, and generally speaking the posts he's known for are like throwing gasoline onto a fire of already existing bad posting rather than trying to bait people into reacting with bad posts.

It's a subtle difference but Stux is actually a good poster and they are not.

Fajita Queen fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Oct 6, 2022

ploots
Mar 19, 2010

raminasi posted:

I wonder if it's at least partially deep-rooted backlash from the T20 incident - they tried to "engage with the community" in a way that the community hated, and rather than figure out a better way to do it, they just put up crude firewalls and stopped thinking about it.

Is there even anyone left at ccp who was around for t20?

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

ploots posted:

Is there even anyone left at ccp who was around for t20?

Uhhhhh Hilmar? That's all I can think of, everyone else hopped ship.

They've been slowly trying to get devs back into playing the game rather than their blanket ban after T20. I believe they're not allowed to hold positions of leadership in player groups or go "Hey I'm A Dev" but other than those caveats it's at least a good way to get them to dogfood their own changes again.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

learnincurve posted:

There is an option for people who think we are all idiots and it’s factional warfare, getting a big update and the beginning of all the new story stuff is happening right now, I believe we have people ITT who can give advice and whatnot

can you rephrase? give advice on what?

having a real hard time understanding what you're saying

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

Dieting Hippo posted:

I believe they're not allowed to hold positions of leadership in player groups

No wonder the corporation interface is the worst one in the game.

windex
Aug 2, 2006

One thing living in Japan does is cement the fact that ignoring the opinions of others is a perfectly valid life strategy.

corgski posted:

No wonder the corporation interface is the worst one in the game.

No, no. I agree the corporation interface is bad but: The alliance interface is ever so slightly worse because it was tacked *onto* the corporation interface but somehow does absolutely nothing with the same Ul layout and requires popup windows to accomplish any one task.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

windex posted:

No, no. I agree the corporation interface is bad but: The alliance interface is ever so slightly worse because it was tacked *onto* the corporation interface but somehow does absolutely nothing with the same Ul layout and requires popup windows to accomplish any one task.

Or let’s talk about how it’s 2022 and there’s still no way for the alliance to directly tax the corporation so we have to build all these elaborate 3rd party systems.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

andromache posted:

Or let’s talk about how it’s 2022 and there’s still no way for the alliance to directly tax the corporation so we have to build all these elaborate 3rd party systems.

Wait, what?

So much already went into making shares and ownership and voting fairly corp-like, so.... why stop there? It was weird that GSF needed to make this huge 3rd party app to do that warbux program last year--it seems like the kind of thing the devs would have gobbled up.

It's just math :/

windex
Aug 2, 2006

One thing living in Japan does is cement the fact that ignoring the opinions of others is a perfectly valid life strategy.

andromache posted:

You can't even issue bills to member corps to cover their alliance fees despite an unpopulated receivables UI existing in Corp wallets. You can't even issue one time bills, let alone recurring. So yes.

We use the alliance mechanism to handle altcorps so we don't have to mess with a pile of ACLs and standings for everything (shared bookmarks, docking, POCO access, tax rates for system services, etc), but member corps cover their own trivial alliance fee to stop people who aren't doing something that makes money from spawning useless altcorps, so literally being able to just issue a recurring bill and be notified if it was unpaid would take care of 100% of our accounting needs in game. :sigh:

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

windex posted:

Seconding this.

andromache posted:

gently caress CCP.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
e: sorry about that, somebody quoted workerthread in the succzone and i didn't realize it was from a different thread. my bad! :)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

lobotomy molo fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Oct 7, 2022

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

Fly Molo posted:

here’s a quick peek at how deranged the liberals are becoming

and yet cspam is the genocide denial forum. curious. :thunk:

i have in my hand a list of 205-- a list of names that were made known to the CEO of goosefleet as being posters of cspam and who are nevertheless still playing and losing blockade runners on the jita 4-4 undock

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Lollontee and goose parted ways, and he has won eve with a great deal of dignity. Given that he's been probated and unable to answer back let's just leave it at that aye.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

why are you loving nerds bringing a politics posting slapfight back into the EVE thread tho

dragonshardz fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Oct 6, 2022

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

dragonshardz posted:

why are you loving nerds bringing a politics posting slapfight back into the EVE thread tho

it's v funny because you kicked him for it, op

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

here's how bernie can still win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
There would have been the same outcome if the person who noticed the error in our recruitment process had just quietly DMed leadership.

I think someone read about the wagatha christie case in the papers and got inspired to be a massive attention seeking space grass instead.