Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Last King posted:

yep, can confirm first hand that trying the dr. boom lab experiment puzzles will likely brick your game and you'll then need to contact blizz support for them to manually unlock your account. i too was trying to catch up on old content and multiple time in previous patches tried to finish the ones i was missing only to have the game lock up in an endless loop.

fwiw, the rest of the solo content seems to be ok still and i didn't have any troubles with the other adventures (so far).

What the gently caress would even cause that?

I was just thinking of going back and doing some of the heroic stuff I missed but yikes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.
On a slightly different topic, supposing anyone here could get a single card made into a custom box art for free, which card would you pick? Presumably it would be a combination of art, flavor, card usefulness, sentimentality, etc., with weighting and scores unique to each person.

For awhile, I'd have probably picked Hidden Oasis, since I loved its artwork and flavor (nature, water, plants, a big Ancient) and it was a staple card in the Uldum Quest Druid that I liked. A couple recent contenders might be Bioluminescence (I love the aquarium) and Great Hall (fond summer camp memories and a cool, flexible card). What are some of yours?

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

I remember Blink Fox being a meme 'favourite card' on twitter some time back.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
I'd get a wildheart guff. I know it's an awful broken card and druid is making everyone angry but I really liked the deck options it opened up, the art's really cool, and it has a sweet owl on it. Also Guff's a cool guy.

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

Apparently dew process is bugged, and it's supposed to get fixed soon before the masters tour. When you play a hero card after dew process is played, it duplicates the dew process. It reapplies the buff for every dew process that was played before you play the hero card.

If I play 2 dew processes, and your'e drawing 3/turn, and then you play your hero card, now you're drawing 5. So it kinda stops other players from playing hero cards or they'll go into fatigue.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
Thought I was losing my mind when I was drawing seemingly random amounts of cards.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I'm sick of leapfrogger, such a dumb card.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

PneumonicBook posted:

What the gently caress would even cause that?

I was just thinking of going back and doing some of the heroic stuff I missed but yikes

somehow when they do patches it breaks old cards / old card interactions... not sure how else to explain it except small indie company.

as i mentioned, i haven't had real issues with the other solo adventures, just really the dr. boom puzzle lab.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Is secret mage any good? It bricks the living poo poo out of the two standard decks i play but i cant actually tell if its any good or not and im contemplating making it

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"
From what I’ve played against it’s not really great, but if you want to play it this is the best list I’ve seen:

### SecretFire
# Class: Mage
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (1) Shivering Sorceress
# 2x (1) Suspicious Alchemist
# 2x (1) Wildfire
# 2x (2) Anonymous Informant
# 2x (2) Arcanologist
# 2x (2) Sketchy Stranger
# 2x (3) Counterspell
# 1x (3) Explosive Runes
# 2x (3) Oasis Ally
# 2x (3) Objection!
# 2x (4) Chatty Bartender
# 2x (4) Multicaster
# 1x (4) Orion, Mansion Manager
# 2x (4) Reckless Apprentice
# 2x (6) Contract Conjurer
# 1x (7) Magister Dawngrasp
# 1x (8) Mordresh Fire Eye
#
AAECAauwBATY7AOgigS95ATboQUN0+wD1uwDwfADqIEEn5IE558ExqAE2tAEkt8Eo+QE/uwEvO0E/5IFAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
It’s a lot of fun when it fires on all cylinders and you plop down two 6/6s on turn 3 and any answer to them is vaporized instantly or countered.
Orion is fun but don’t try and force him to get big, half of me learning this deck (and I’m still not great) was learning that no, don’t save secrets for him, just let them happen as they come.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
Hunterstone is so boring, gimme back Druidstone. What's the scuttlebutt on the balancing changes front?

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
They haven't mentioned anything. There's a patch this week, but it's to fix Dew Process before the MTs.

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
I’m not sure what you hit in Beast Hunter, to be honest. The deck is just kind of generically strong rather than having any huge outliers that demand attention. I guess revert the Harpoon Gun buff, but that’s not enough, surely? Tack a mana on Pet Collector?

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
Here is my current selection of decks. They are all fun:

### Get Beefy! Beasts
# Class: Hunter
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (1) Flare
# 1x (1) Sir Finley, Sea Guide
# 1x (1) Sphere of Sapience
# 1x (1) Springpaw
# 2x (1) Sunscale Raptor
# 2x (1) Tracking
# 2x (2) K9-0tron
# 1x (2) Scavenger's Ingenuity
# 2x (2) Selective Breeder
# 2x (3) Harpoon Gun
# 1x (3) Mankrik
# 2x (3) Nine Lives
# 1x (3) Prince Renathal
# 1x (3) Shan'do Wildclaw
# 1x (3) Zixor, Apex Predator
# 1x (4) Ambassador Faelin
# 2x (4) Azsharan Saber
# 2x (4) Dire Frenzy
# 2x (4) Warsong Wrangler
# 1x (5) Barak Kodobane
# 2x (5) Pet Collector
# 1x (5) The Rat King
# 1x (5) Trampling Rhino
# 1x (6) Beaststalker Tavish
# 1x (6) Deathstalker Rexxar
# 1x (7) Mountain Bear
# 1x (9) King Krush
# 1x (9) Oondasta
# 1x (9) Wing Commander Ichman
#
AAEBAa/XAxKG0wKbigODuQP/ugOPzgPB0AOG4gPl7wPn8APK+wPbkQThnwTaowTlpATlsASbyQSX7wSOpAULgAfylgPq6QPb6gPw7AOpnwS9oATArATAuQSDyAS/0wQA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

### RenoBane
# Class: Rogue
#
# 2x (0) Preparation
# 2x (1) Buccaneer
# 2x (1) Deadly Poison
# 2x (1) Gone Fishin'
# 1x (1) Kingsbane
# 1x (1) Paralytic Poison
# 1x (1) Patches the Pirate
# 2x (1) Secret Passage
# 1x (1) Silverleaf Poison
# 2x (1) Southsea Deckhand
# 1x (2) Blade Flurry
# 2x (2) Cavern Shinyfinder
# 1x (2) Dirty Tricks
# 1x (2) Double Cross
# 1x (2) Maestra of the Masquerade
# 2x (2) Swindle
# 1x (2) Tuskarrrr Trawler
# 1x (2) Zephrys the Great
# 1x (3) Prince Renathal
# 2x (3) Raiding Party
# 2x (4) Dread Corsair
# 1x (4) Theotar, the Mad Duke
# 2x (4) Tinker's Sharpsword Oil
# 2x (5) Cutting Class
# 1x (6) Reno Jackson
# 1x (6) Vanish
# 1x (8) Shadowcrafter Scabbs
#
AAEBAYO6AhDEAagIkbwCu+8C/KMDzrkDqesDrOsDofkD+4oE5bAEqbMEmtQEuNkE3NoEl+8EDNQF7gavEOXRAtWMA6rLA/fUA+fdA5KfBPefBLezBP3TBAA=
#

### Sir Finley, Clown
# Class: Shaman
#
# 2x (1) Murloc Tidecaller
# 1x (1) Sir Finley Mrrgglton
# 2x (1) Spawnpool Forager
# 2x (1) Toxfin
# 1x (1) Unite the Murlocs
# 2x (2) Amalgam of the Deep
# 1x (2) Firemancer Flurgl
# 2x (2) Underbelly Angler
# 2x (3) Clownfish
# 2x (3) Murloc Warleader
# 2x (3) Nofin Can Stop Us
# 2x (4) Murlocula
# 1x (4) Old Murk-Eye
# 1x (4) Scargil
# 2x (4) Tidelost Burrower
# 2x (5) Gorloc Ravager
# 2x (7) Everyfin is Awesome
#
AAEBAc+LBQbgBYQXm8QCnJsDqO4D5bAEDL8XjJQDtZgD3ewDlfADq6AE1bIEssEEws4Exc4E7tMEy+IEAA==
#

### 2nd Place
# Class: Paladin
#
# 2x (1) Lost in the Jungle
# 2x (1) Oh My Yogg!
# 2x (1) Promotion
# 2x (1) Sinful Sous Chef
# 2x (2) Air Raid
# 2x (2) Hand of A'dal
# 1x (2) Nat Pagle
# 2x (2) Pursuit of Justice
# 2x (2) Soldier's Caravan
# 2x (3) Day at the Faire
# 1x (3) Divine Favor
# 2x (3) Jury Duty
# 1x (3) Prince Renathal
# 1x (3) Rustrot Viper
# 2x (3) Salhet's Pride
# 1x (3) Stewart the Steward
# 2x (3) Stonehearth Vindicator
# 2x (3) Warhorse Trainer
# 1x (4) Balloon Merchant
# 2x (4) Buffet Biggun
# 2x (4) Lightfused Stegodon
# 1x (4) Spiritsinger Umbra
# 1x (5) Lothraxion the Redeemed
# 1x (5) Quartermaster
#
AAEBAeq3BAqnBfsI7A/JwgKPzgOC3gOH3gPQ+QPC4gSX7wQPuMcC2ccClaYDlrYDysEDg94Dot4DyvEDx6AE+aQEv+IEweIEzOIE/e4EvbgFAA==
#

### Tonk
# Class: Hunter
#
# 2x (1) Flare
# 2x (1) Play Dead
# 2x (1) Tracking
# 2x (2) Explosive Trap
# 1x (2) Feign Death
# 2x (2) Freezing Trap
# 2x (2) Ice Trap
# 2x (2) Pack Tactics
# 2x (2) Phase Stalker
# 2x (2) Pressure Plate
# 2x (3) Nine Lives
# 1x (3) Ursatron
# 2x (4) Monstrous Parrot
# 1x (5) Barak Kodobane
# 1x (6) Defense Attorney Nathanos
# 1x (6) Oblivitron
# 2x (7) Darkmoon Tonk
#
AAEBAePwBAbHD/GWA7acA4/OA+XvA8TtBAyAB5zNAvKWA5+lA/uvA6S5A4PiA8KABKuNBKmfBOOfBOSfBAA=
#

### Reno Demon Hunter
# Class: Demon Hunter
#
# 1x (1) Double Jump
# 1x (1) Sigil of Alacrity
# 1x (2) Dirty Rat
# 1x (2) Fel Barrage
# 1x (2) Immolation Aura
# 1x (2) Sigil of Flame
# 1x (2) Spectral Sight
# 1x (2) Zephrys the Great
# 1x (3) Abyssal Depths
# 1x (3) Brann Bronzebeard
# 1x (3) Felrattler
# 1x (3) Mankrik
# 1x (3) Prince Renathal
# 1x (3) Zola the Gorgon
# 1x (4) Flanking Maneuver
# 1x (4) Glaiveshark
# 1x (4) Prosecutor Mel'tranix
# 1x (4) Star Student Stelina
# 1x (4) Theotar, the Mad Duke
# 1x (5) Chaos Nova
# 1x (5) Feugen
# 1x (5) Need for Greed
# 1x (5) Rotten Applebaum
# 1x (5) Stalagg
# 1x (5) Taelan Fordring
# 1x (5) Topple the Idol
# 1x (5) Zai, the Incredible
# 1x (6) Kurtrus, Demon-Render
# 1x (6) Reno Jackson
# 1x (6) Sylvanas, the Accused
# 1x (7) Death Speaker Blackthorn
# 1x (7) Expendable Performers
# 1x (7) Mutanus the Devourer
# 1x (7) The Curator
# 1x (7) Xhilag of the Abyss
# 1x (9) Dragonqueen Alexstrasza
# 1x (10) N'Zoth, the Corruptor
# 1x (10) Sire Denathrius
#
AAEBAea5AyiEDoUO4KwCubIC38QCxfMC/KMDkbEDj84Dg9AD1tED3dMDyt0D0d0D/eoDv+0Dpu8Dr+8D5/ADifcDivcDyIAEqIoEh4sE+JQEgZ8EtKAE5bAE77EE8rEE/r8EvsoE6dAEltQEmNQEmtQEuNkE7u0El+8EpO8EAAA=
#

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

bravesword posted:

I’m not sure what you hit in Beast Hunter, to be honest. The deck is just kind of generically strong rather than having any huge outliers that demand attention. I guess revert the Harpoon Gun buff, but that’s not enough, surely? Tack a mana on Pet Collector?

Harpoon for sure. Probably sunken saber. And maybe some of the wildseeds.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Revert pet collector to a 3/3 (or 4/3), harpoon to a 2 mana discount

Honestly I think the wildseeds are fine; they’re strong but usually slow enough that it doesn’t feel oppressive. If there’s a nerf to make I’d change Wild Spirits to only reduce the dormant time of its minions rather than all your dormant minions

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Another productive workday

Desert Bus posted:

### RenoBane
# Class: Rogue
#

I just tried this (slightly modified to cut out Reno and Zephyrus, since there are plenty of dupes in the deck), and managed to kill both my opponent and myself simultaneously. Enough stacked damage on Kingsbane to win, but the two card-draws after I'd decked out were enough to fatigue me to -8.

10/10, will tie again.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

bravesword posted:

I don’t think you can. Literally, the only reason Guff isn’t 100% of Ladder is that Hunter deck exists, and the moment you drop it, he’s back. Game is actually hosed right now.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

They absolutely can and should nerf hunter.

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist

Shockeh posted:

I don’t think you can. Literally, the only reason Guff isn’t 100% of Ladder is that Hunter deck exists, and the moment you drop it, he’s back. Game is actually hosed right now.

This is silly. Lots of decks besides Hunter beat Ramp Druid. Aggro Demon Hunter, Aggro Druid, Naga Priest, Pure Paladin, Miracle Rogue, and Secret Mage all have a positive matchup against it, and Control Shaman and Relic Demon Hunter are even. The problem is that many of those decks are themselves terrible against Beast Hunter — the two DH decks especially may as well not even bother. Beast Hunter doesn’t need to be completely obliterated, but you could tune it down a little and you’d have the makings of a healthy format.

I’m just not sure how best to do it.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Adding to ^,

Shockeh posted:

The decks to watch out for would be Mage and Imp Warlock. Something proactive would have to be done to those decks as well to prevent them from just replacing Hunter as meta tyrants.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
VS is showing Beast Hunter from 18-21% of the meta. How much of any given meta (or this meta) should a deck be played on competitive ladder (ie D4 and above). Curious to read folks' thoughts on this.

https://www.vicioussyndicate.com/vs-data-reaper-report-243/

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Mayveena posted:

VS is showing Beast Hunter from 18-21% of the meta. How much of any given meta (or this meta) should a deck be played on competitive ladder (ie D4 and above). Curious to read folks' thoughts on this.

https://www.vicioussyndicate.com/vs-data-reaper-report-243/

This concept is addressed in the now-infamous "Airing of Grievences" VS podcast

but in general, in the 10-class era, anything over 15%18% probably indicates diversity is being hampered

AnacondaHL fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Oct 7, 2022

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

AnacondaHL posted:

This concept is addressed in the now-infamous "Airing of Grievences" VS podcast

but in general, in the 10-class era, anything over 15%18% probably indicates diversity is being hampered

So it's on the edge. All kinds of ways to nerf the deck but I'll be super pissed if they nerf King Krush. He's iconic now and should not be messed with :colbert:

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
Go back seven years and tell yourself that King Krush is seeing more serious Constructed play than Tirion Fordring, Lord Jaraxxus, Grommash Hellscream, or any Dragon Aspect.

bravesword fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Oct 7, 2022

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

bravesword posted:

Go back seven years and tell yourself that King Krush is seeing more serious Constructed play than Tirion Fordring, Lord Jaraxxus, Grommash Hellscream, or any Dragon Aspect.

Tirion hasn't had a fit in even Tier 1 Pally meta decks, probably because he costs too much for what he is and/or the Pally meta has been dominated by mid speed play vs control style play. Lord Jarraxxus doesn't fit in any kind of Warlock deck, he should probably be re-thought as it doesn't look like there's going to be a deck for him in any future metas. No warriors running Grommash? I don't run warriors so I wouldn't know. King Krush is currently a staple in Beast Hunter and was a staple in the previous meta expansion, so he's certainly current.

(note I'm only discussing Standard here).

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

This thread has such an irrational hatred for druid lol, beast hunter is like 1/5th of all decks on ladder and everyone is still complaining about post-nerf guff for some reason

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
Speaking of druids, I was playing a completely ridiculous Yogg Druid deck in Wild that can only win off Yogg yolos. Last game I had 28 spells and yogg threw out two yogg boxes, the Warrior conceded before everything resolved :(

For Beast Hunter I can see them nerfing the Bear wild seed to 4 toughness and reverting the buffs on Harpoon and Pet Collector but I'm not sure the deck actually needs to be nerfed, it's biggest strength is consistency with all the tutoring. I guess turn 4 Hydralon's don't feel great though.

Edit: haha beast hunter has a favorable matchup against every meta deck besides aggro druid and naga/bless priest. yikes.

PneumonicBook fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Oct 7, 2022

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

bravesword posted:

Yes, players would be surprised to hear that spending 9 mana to cast king krush could be so strong.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

PneumonicBook posted:

Edit: haha beast hunter has a favorable matchup against every meta deck besides aggro druid and naga/bless priest. yikes.

Good point. Should matchup favorability be considered when they nerf?

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
I'd say it absolutely should be taken into account. If a deck has favorable matchups against everything the design team has failed at either making other compelling decks that are competitive, or are bad at considering overall power level of standard in general when designing expansion cards.

I think it's more the latter than the former.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

It's not a simple as nerfing best cards in strong deck = better meta. You have to look at which matchups beast hunter is favored in that it's not supposed to be and nerf the thing that went wrong. My random guess is that the devs didnt expect renathal to be this good so now the deck is too robust to early damage. This isnt a case where a deck is world on fire broken like launch DH, flip a few beast hunter matchups and it's fine.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Mayveena posted:

Good point. Should matchup favorability be considered when they nerf?

The matchup matrix is the main driver that causes a deck to be played more or played less on ladder, so therefore is a key to determining nerfs/buffs. Again, this was the argument made in the grievences podcast, and it's a pretty good argument.

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist

Mayveena posted:

Tirion hasn't had a fit in even Tier 1 Pally meta decks, probably because he costs too much for what he is and/or the Pally meta has been dominated by mid speed play vs control style play. Lord Jarraxxus doesn't fit in any kind of Warlock deck, he should probably be re-thought as it doesn't look like there's going to be a deck for him in any future metas. No warriors running Grommash? I don't run warriors so I wouldn't know. King Krush is currently a staple in Beast Hunter and was a staple in the previous meta expansion, so he's certainly current.

(note I'm only discussing Standard here).

Yeah, I know. The point was that back in vanilla, those cards were all seen as the best class legendaries (along with Edwin) and King Krush was viewed as easily the worst. (In fact, the joke back then was that the “real” Hunter legendary was Savannah Highmane, a card that these days is played more often off of Reconnaissance than actually put into decks.) None of those cards were changed, even (Jaraxxus was actually buffed twice). It’s just strange how the game has changed around them so much.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I mean they printed cards that discount and tutor king krush. If I could discount and tutor tirion I would be interested in that too.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

So if Beast Hunter has only one unfavorable matchup why isn't everyone and their grandma playing it? I would think the deck would be more of the meta given this information. Again talking about D4+

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
The thing about krush being a solid hunter card is that it never saw play in hunter before because the class always had more efficient ways to push lethal but now it has a deck that grinds out board control super efficiently which was never its forte

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Mayveena posted:

So if Beast Hunter has only one unfavorable matchup why isn't everyone and their grandma playing it? I would think the deck would be more of the meta given this information. Again talking about D4+
Most people playing HS don't force themselves to play the literal strongest deck at any given moment. Even the most broken decks in history never went above 35%. People also have their own opinions about deck matchups/favorability.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Also, not everyone may have the cards they need for a particular deck.