Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
He’s right, I absolutely did not see this trailer twist coming.

I went in blind, and so glad I did.

https://twitter.com/azalben/status/1577321566446174208?s=46&t=d0Y06rQXk_fJBmovzu45wg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

...is it just me or are we reaching a point where more and more movies are becoming indistinguishable from the fake movies in a comedy sketch premise and title wise? Because that's what that was.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

AceOfFlames posted:

...is it just me or are we reaching a point where more and more movies are becoming indistinguishable from the fake movies in a comedy sketch premise and title wise? Because that's what that was.

they dont want to pay writers

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

hard time sympathizing with the rich lady than the working class housekeeper cleaning for her.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

AceOfFlames posted:

Greenlight Satan's Alley you cowards

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

This looks fantastic.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

I must admit, this looks intriguing.

grobbo
May 29, 2014

AceOfFlames posted:

The answer is 100% yes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a53e4HHnx_s

Although I chuckled sensibly at 'Season's beatings'.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
I eagerly await Who Dat Ninja? and Honky Grandma Be Trippin'

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

*bangs table* vatican stoner movie now!!

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

AceOfFlames posted:

British TV has been there for years. Go back to the scene of Alan Partridge pitching terrible show ideas in 1997 and most of those now basically exist in some form or other.

https://www.nme.com/blogs/festivals-blog/10-tv-shows-that-sound-like-alan-partridge-pitches-but-actually-happened-8887

Some of them are just painfully close, but they literally made "Cooking in Prison".

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
And the old movie commentor voices died off.
If they were still around today they would be going "The Timsons family were hoping for a quiet christmas this year..."

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

grobbo posted:

The answer is 100% yes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a53e4HHnx_s

Although I chuckled sensibly at 'Season's beatings'.
Shame Harbour isn't fat anymore.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Just watched the Mario trailer on the Nintendo Direct.

If you thought it'd just be Chris Pratt doing his normal voice for Mario then hoooo boy do I have some news for you.

you're right

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Mario trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPpazvJrHm0

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I wish so much they had just cast the always sunny crew as the main cast

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

looks bad

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
The most obnoxious part of it is the soundtrack, tbh.

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
I don't know what made me roll my eyes more...the slow piano crawl of the Mario theme or the joke with the snowballs

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
they shoulda just done a captain toad movie >:I

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003
Mario is gonna try to put Peach through gay conversion therapy

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

if you're looking for a good trailer to wash away whatever the hell that was, just found this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOoqnhn_6I0

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
I thought it looked cute! I don't like A-list actors "voice acting" by doing their normal stage voice, but they could have done a lot worse than Jack Black for Bowser. Chris Pratt is going to bring the whole thing down though, that little bit I heard is awful.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Shageletic posted:

if you're looking for a good trailer to wash away whatever the hell that was, just found this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOoqnhn_6I0

I'm not a fan of.... fan made trailers, but I loved that lol

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

BonoMan posted:

Just watched the Mario trailer on the Nintendo Direct.

If you thought it'd just be Chris Pratt doing his normal voice for Mario then hoooo boy do I have some news for you.

you're right

Whatever else happens with the movie, I still think I'd prefer Pratt sounding like Pratt over...whatever the hell Tom Hanks did in Pinnochio. Which, let's be honest, do we trust Pratt doing an Italian accent to sound any better than that? And I thought the bit with the penguins was cute. And Charlie Day playing Luigi is kind of awesome, in concept. But the trailer gives us basically nothing other than the Bowser scene to go on, so just have to wait and see more.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."
The Bowser stuff was great for a Mario film. Mario could have been worse, but I’m skeptical still.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

thrawn527 posted:

Whatever else happens with the movie, I still think I'd prefer Pratt sounding like Pratt over...whatever the hell Tom Hanks did in Pinnochio. Which, let's be honest, do we trust Pratt doing an Italian accent to sound any better than that? And I thought the bit with the penguins was cute. And Charlie Day playing Luigi is kind of awesome, in concept. But the trailer gives us basically nothing other than the Bowser scene to go on, so just have to wait and see more.

The more I watch it, in the second line there's definitely some New York. Still sounds a bit cringey.

I mean Imma watch it with my kids. But Pratt just comes off as lazy and honestly... it's too recognizable a voice. I would have preferred an unknown because I can't NOT hear Pratt and picture him and his various characters.

edit: Also in the Direct video they had Pratt and Black record a little zoom intro and holy crap Pratt's was clearly just a rambling first take. Couldn't even be bothered to give a clean delivery. Jack Black's was at least delivered with some care.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

I can't quite figure out what accent Chris Pratt is doing for the "Mushroom Kingdom, here we come!" line. His first line just sounds like his normal voice, but that one was vaguely New Yawk/Italian but not really. Whatever it was, I didn't like it.

Jack Black as Bowser is fine.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

BonoMan posted:

edit: Also in the Direct video they had Pratt and Black record a little zoom intro and holy crap Pratt's was clearly just a rambling first take. Couldn't even be bothered to give a clean delivery. Jack Black's was at least delivered with some care.

The Illumination dude and Chris Pratt's segments had some real "hostage video" energy going on. Jack Black at least looked like he actually wanted to be there.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Jack Black shoulda voiced Boswer and Mario.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Buttgate

Voicegate

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
https://twitter.com/YongYea/status/1578128716835696640

Defund Chris Pratt.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Bowser sounds great, at least.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

Carthag Tuek posted:

*bangs table* vatican stoner movie now!!

A lot of the stuff from that old post happens at the end of the movie Eurotrip.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

It's funny how the poster thread loves SMB and the trailer thread hates it.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

i would have a hard time feeling any emotion about it at all

confused
Oct 3, 2003

It's just business.

Conterpoint: My 5 year old and 7 year old are very excited.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

wizardofloneliness posted:

I can't quite figure out what accent Chris Pratt is doing for the "Mushroom Kingdom, here we come!" line.

I thought that was the toadstool guy talking.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Lol, that sounds so much better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Gnome de plume posted:

I thought that was the toadstool guy talking.

Was it? That’s somehow even worse. Although, this is the funniest result after those articles about how much work Chris Pratt and the voice director put into creating the perfect Mario voice.