Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

No Wave posted:

I used to get mad when pyro was needed in 1.0 because it was further evidence of the game's anti-electro bias. Now I'm mad when pyro is needed because none of the characters you actually want to play are pyro.
Also they haven't put out a new one since Thoma (or Yoimiya, but she was right after if not)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I'm very grateful that Pyro wasn't needed too much for Sumeru jungle puzzles, though I haven't done much of the desert yet. I think it was really just the occasional torch lighting and burning the shackles on those imprisoned mechs. And with the mechs you had time to swap to a real combat team during the burn.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
3.X's expected 5 stars by element:

Dendro
Electro
Hydro
Dendro
Anemo
Pyro
Dendro
Dendro

Surely 4.0 brings us a spicy new geo X cryo reaction.

EDIT: Side note I really like the desert, even more than the jungle. It's like a country sized version of the chasm.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Oct 6, 2022

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
It would be much better if you could open all the little desert sand piles just by walking over them, instead of having to use anemo.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

BoldFace posted:

It would be much better if you could open all the little desert sand piles just by walking over them, instead of having to use anemo.

They should actually put more frequent rewards under them instead of a mushroom that attacks you

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

It is pretty funny how the Sumeru jungle's puzzles amount to "have you swapped your MC to Dendro yet? Did you get the free Collei? Did you maaaybe pull for Tighnari? How about now? Now? Now?" and the desert is more "remember this orange garbage?"

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

They should actually put more frequent rewards under them instead of a mushroom that attacks you

Hey now, sometimes it's a dendro crystalfly you kill with the plunging attack after using Kaz's skill to blow the pile away

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

No Wave posted:

3.X's expected 5 stars by element:

Dendro
Electro
Hydro
Dendro
Anemo
Pyro
Dendro
Dendro

Surely 4.0 brings us a spicy new geo X cryo reaction.

It does raise some interesting implications that the remaining nations are of the big three elements that had the most defined reactions on release. Surely they need to keep things interesting, if at the very least to sell their respective Archons. I can't picture the game going the next three years without ever touching the reaction system again.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

No Wave posted:

I used to get mad when pyro was needed in 1.0 because it was further evidence of the game's anti-electro bias. Now I'm mad when pyro is needed because none of the characters you actually want to play are pyro.

In the early game, getting good pyro application was killer. Time puzzles with Cryo mages were drat difficult if you didn't have Amber in your party. I remember being grateful for Xiangling because her bear was useful for breaking the shields.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm new and all but the main feature I wish this game had was a quick party swap between two teams. Ideally it'd be team templates but I wouldn't even mind the restriction of being two 100% different teams a la abyss to encourage you to build characters, basically anything that could be done out of combat to solve puzzles without having to go through the slow party management.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

gandlethorpe posted:

It does raise some interesting implications that the remaining nations are of the big three elements that had the most defined reactions on release. Surely they need to keep things interesting, if at the very least to sell their respective Archons. I can't picture the game going the next three years without ever touching the reaction system again.

There is plenty of room to add in new reactions or to tidy up and improve what currently exists. And or make geo an actual element and not just stuck playing with itself. However dendro not reacting with everything does open up some interesting so not everything needs to react with everything else.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

e :woops

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Elentor posted:

I'm new and all but the main feature I wish this game had was a quick party swap between two teams. Ideally it'd be team templates but I wouldn't even mind the restriction of being two 100% different teams a la abyss to encourage you to build characters, basically anything that could be done out of combat to solve puzzles without having to go through the slow party management.

I think someone mentioned that the real problem with this is that loading the assets is slow enough that you'd quick swap and it would make you invisible and such before it finished loading.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Elentor posted:

Or failing that make it so that going to the party screen isn't bizarrely slow for no apparent reason

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

A long while ago when there were only four team slots I thought it would've been good if they had assigned each team to a d-pad button that you could hold down to switch to one of the teams. It could still have the loading thing I guess but it would eliminate a lot of the menuing which makes the whole affair feel so clunky.

I don't know how it would work on keyboard or phone but since they have 10 slots now I guess it wouldn't happen anyway.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

silvergoose posted:

I think someone mentioned that the real problem with this is that loading the assets is slow enough that you'd quick swap and it would make you invisible and such before it finished loading.

You can just preload the second team.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Elentor posted:

You can just preload the second team.

not necessarily, the game needs to continue supporting whatever the minimum-spec mobile phone it currently supports is

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

not necessarily, the game needs to continue supporting whatever the minimum-spec mobile phone it currently supports is

I highly doubt 4 characters preloaded is gonna break the game with one of the heaviest most detailed terrain geometry I've ever seen, plus a bunch of other characters that already need preloading as is.

Or a simple loading bar if that's needed to swap teams on-field off-combat instead of a loading bar to go to the party menu.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Oct 6, 2022

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I don't really know anything about the technical limitations or lack thereof, but I do think a quick team swap in the overworld would own

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Decided to pass Shinobu's gilded dream EM set to Raiden just to see how she works in hyperbloom and I can feel my brain oozing out of my head lol

Proto Koko/Nahida/EM Raiden/Zhongli is gonna be the new team to watch imo, if you're interested in putting in no effort, being bad at the game, etc. Might be able to do spiral abyss on my phone...

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Even if you can't quickswap a whole team, it would be super neat and thematically appropriate and potentially very useful if the traveler was always available as a quickswap with the slot 1 character.

Could certainly make regional elemental puzzles less of a pain in the rear end if you don't want to constantly switch out characters from your friendship-grinding team.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Odysseus S. Grant posted:

Much like in the archipelago, after you complete the final quest, some characters pop up in the world, so far I've found:

Sucrose - at a stall on the festival grounds
Venti - up on starsnatch cliff
Lisa - on the balcony of the Good Hunter building

Anyone found anyone else?
Rosaria - immediately across the lake looking at the festival.
Razor - on the cliff above the whispering woods fishing point, looking at the Monstadt bridge
Diluc - in the vineyard southwest of his winery, looking pensive

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Having to swap in Amber for the twenty or so torch puzzles in the Sumeru desert was a pain in the rear end. And that floating thing that needs Dendro, Electro and Pyro.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Some day they'll add a bow user whose gimmick is a quiver that swaps between elements, right? Surely that's a space to enter eventually.

That would be a good overworld character.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
There's no way they're gonna do that 😔 One element per character looks like a hard rule. Not even MC can use multiple at once.

But that did remind me of that one fake leak that said that Miko was gonna be an electro+pyro hypercarry lol. Nice imagination

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

They can't even give the MC the ability to switch elements on the fly, and that is a ability they have in cutscenes.

I lucked out with DMC/Yoimiya/Raiden/Kazuha as a comfortable Sumeru exploration team. Collei might've been more helpful than DMC, but those mushrooms are annoying to get.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

MoonCrab posted:

There's no way they're gonna do that 😔 One element per character looks like a hard rule. Not even MC can use multiple at once.

But that did remind me of that one fake leak that said that Miko was gonna be an electro+pyro hypercarry lol. Nice imagination

Kazuha can use multiple elements at once making him officially More Powerful than the Traveler

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Kazuha can use multiple elements at once making him officially More Powerful than the Traveler

he's The Cooler Aether

Leathal
Oct 29, 2004

wanna be like gucci?
lil buddy eat your vegetables

Harrow posted:

I think Inazuma might be the worst of it going forward. You can just walk to Sumeru and none of the ascension bosses are gated by the story so far. And I think the rest of the regions to come are on the mainland so you'll probably be able to just walk into them, too.

Inazuma, though, can't be reached in any way other than progressing the story. And some Inazuma characters need you to progress the story even further and do a lengthy side quest on top of it, like Raiden Shogun. I wonder if they'll add an alternative way to get there at some point, or if the issue will just seem smaller as the game goes on and there are more and more regions and characters.

The other day, Youtube’s algorithm recommended me this video of a guy getting to Inazuma at AR 7.

https://youtu.be/6sLA4lL7epc

Besides it being impressive as hell that this guy pulled it off (his entire Traveler-san playlist is really cool btw), it’s kinda crazy that Hoyo actually implemented the divine lightning storm surrounding Inazuma. I was disappointed that they talked it up in the story quests beforehand like there was going to be some rad shipboard event dealing with the storm - only to have the entire trip be a loading screen.

I bet it was cut content since the storm doesn’t start until you get way out to sea and normally you’d expect a Paimon barrier or something to stop the handful of players stubborn enough to try using Cryo platforms or whatever.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Watching the usual Childe Bullying and this team actually looks like fun. Dual Carry team with Cyno & Tighnari where they take turns doing their thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U__XN2b_PL4

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

jfc C6 tighnari. you have to be a true psycho whale to do that, for obvious reasons.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

They had C6 everything all holding R5 5*s

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Elentor posted:

Yeah, they increased the amount of teams you can make but there really should be like a alt+ combination to whip out another team after a charge up.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I agree that if they are going to put little elemental breakables on the map they probably shouldn't be 90% useless junk. It's the same with the Dendro rocks that lift up to reveal enemies.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

New cyno tech: quickbloom barbara. She blooms but applies so little hydro that you don't lose quicken. And TTDS buffs your beidou who snapshots! Mandatory 27+ second rotation length for TRUE unga bunga!

https://streamable.com/gmfy0z

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Leathal posted:

The other day, Youtube’s algorithm recommended me this video of a guy getting to Inazuma at AR 7.

https://youtu.be/6sLA4lL7epc

Besides it being impressive as hell that this guy pulled it off (his entire Traveler-san playlist is really cool btw), it’s kinda crazy that Hoyo actually implemented the divine lightning storm surrounding Inazuma. I was disappointed that they talked it up in the story quests beforehand like there was going to be some rad shipboard event dealing with the storm - only to have the entire trip be a loading screen.

I bet it was cut content since the storm doesn’t start until you get way out to sea and normally you’d expect a Paimon barrier or something to stop the handful of players stubborn enough to try using Cryo platforms or whatever.

You can run into it under more normal circumstances if you try to leave Inazuma with a waverider, presumably. The wiki claims it disappears completely when you finish Raiden's character story, though. I haven't tested either of these things, because video game oceans freak me out.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

FractalSandwich posted:

You can run into it under more normal circumstances if you try to leave Inazuma with a waverider, presumably. The wiki claims it disappears completely when you finish Raiden's character story, though. I haven't tested either of these things, because video game oceans freak me out.

You'd see a bit of lightning and everything would be purple. The little icon next to the map would pop up to tell you about it, but by the time you can get a mouse over there to click on it, you'd be teleported back to wherever you'd taken the waverider from. It's basically the same as the fog in the 1st GAA or on that one island in inazuma, except purple.

After she lifts the storm, you're perfectly free to spend 20 minutes sailing to liyue, yes.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Zenostein posted:

You'd see a bit of lightning and everything would be purple. The little icon next to the map would pop up to tell you about it, but by the time you can get a mouse over there to click on it, you'd be teleported back to wherever you'd taken the waverider from. It's basically the same as the fog in the 1st GAA or on that one island in inazuma, except purple.

After she lifts the storm, you're perfectly free to spend 20 minutes sailing to liyue, yes.

That's kinda cool and weird. Does that mean it's one weird trick to get the waverider back to the old continent? Not that there's too much to see with it over there.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
As far as I know you can take the waverider anywhere you can reach on the map. The only problem is that you've spent 30 minutes taking it to say, crab island, logged out for the day, and then mindlessly summoned it to drive around sumeru; now if you want it back in liyue you've got another 30 minute trip. It's fine, so long as you don't abandon it somewhere you can't otherwise easily reach. Or if you managed to somehow destroy it, I suppose.

Also, you can't teleport to the drat thing, so it's not like you could use it for a convenient/free teleport to the geo cube or whatever.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

Zenostein posted:

As far as I know you can take the waverider anywhere you can reach on the map. The only problem is that you've spent 30 minutes taking it to say, crab island, logged out for the day, and then mindlessly summoned it to drive around sumeru; now if you want it back in liyue you've got another 30 minute trip. It's fine, so long as you don't abandon it somewhere you can't otherwise easily reach. Or if you managed to somehow destroy it, I suppose.

Also, you can't teleport to the drat thing, so it's not like you could use it for a convenient/free teleport to the geo cube or whatever.

Didn't a Beidou based event or maybe a hangout result in a waverider spawning in Liyue? They really do just need to tack a spawn point in the back of Beidou's ship, that would solve it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Zenostein posted:

Letting you do that would be a great QoL update, it almost felt like GAA was designed around the boat or at least the boat's summon spots were at one point designed to be teleporter waypoints. Since there were some out of the way spots that had a boat teleporter to summon the boat, but not easy ways to get there visible at first blush.