Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

i am also rollin and lolin for hellcock

e; wait a minute...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

acksplode posted:

Can I get some Tunic status reports? I think I suckered a few of you into playing it. How much does it suck and how badly did I mislead you about it being good? Anyone find the H*** C**** yet?
i got the grappling hook thing from the frog dungeon and stopped not long after that. the actual gameplay is fun but i couldn't figure out where to go or what the items i picked up were for except for the firecrackers the jackal thing sells

acksplode
May 17, 2004

butt dickus posted:

i got the grappling hook thing from the frog dungeon and stopped not long after that. the actual gameplay is fun but i couldn't figure out where to go or what the items i picked up were for except for the firecrackers the jackal thing sells

By that point you almost certainly have a manual page that explains what those items are for. Take a close look at screenshots. I'm guessing enemies might feel a little too tanky...as if you're lacking strength....

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

So for the Playstation Stars thing, you only get points if you spend money?

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

acksplode posted:

By that point you almost certainly have a manual page that explains what those items are for. Take a close look at screenshots. I'm guessing enemies might feel a little too tanky...as if you're lacking strength....
it's been months since i played i'll have to try it again. i only remember the manual pages being gibberish with some pictures explaining how stamina and a few other things worked

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Ineffiable posted:

I already tried out Playstation Stars and got a $5 gift card.

Just be warned it'll apply the funds directly to your account immediately. Which is nice but you can't gift a code to someone else.

How did you do that? Did you buy a bunch of poo poo?

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

How’s Diablo 2 on the PS5? Been thinking about it since launch and the sales have been solid. I know it had some issues when it came out but hopefully they’re fixed. The idea of playing Diablo 2 on the PS5 sounds cool as hell.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

i am also rollin and lolin for hellcock

e; wait a minute...

same brother

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Kilometers Davis posted:

How’s Diablo 2 on the PS5? Been thinking about it since launch and the sales have been solid. I know it had some issues when it came out but hopefully they’re fixed. The idea of playing Diablo 2 on the PS5 sounds cool as hell.

I’m liking it, but go into it being aware that it’s pretty much a straight port of D2, to the point where if you hit L2 and the touchpad at the same time it switches to the original graphics instantly.

Very pretty, game still holds up, works pretty good on controller, it’s just an extremely faithful port.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Crows Turn Off posted:

So for the Playstation Stars thing, you only get points if you spend money?

Yeah can anyone explain this to me like explaining crypto for the first time? From what I saw you barely get anything per full game, like buying 100 games to get a $20 gift card or something and that can't be right

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Dewgy posted:

I’m liking it, but go into it being aware that it’s pretty much a straight port of D2, to the point where if you hit L2 and the touchpad at the same time it switches to the original graphics instantly.

Very pretty, game still holds up, works pretty good on controller, it’s just an extremely faithful port.

Bit of a wasted opportunity.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Like a Dragon question, what's the point of no return for the end? I'm on the final chapter.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

I can't recall but you get back into the overworld after the final fight.

Edit: Actually it should be before you enter the Millenium Tower.

drat, I love the bgm for that place.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Playstation Stars is like credit card rewards, it piggybacks on stuff you were going to do anyway (buy games) and you get a single-digit percent of its value back as a reward

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Dewgy posted:

That sounds good to me, thanks!

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

https://twitter.com/shrecknet/status/1578054452317245443

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Rinkles posted:

Bit of a wasted opportunity.

Yeah I was a little disappointed at first (if nothing else I was hoping I could play as a lady necromancer) but it is really well done for what it is.

drat shame that it essentially killed the chances of us getting THPS3/4 Remastered, though time will tell if they’re definitely a permanent Blizzard support studio now or they’ll still get other projects.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Kilometers Davis posted:

It was one of my favorite games last year, flaws and all. If you vibed with D2 twenty years ago you will be getting nostalgia hotflashes

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Barreft posted:

Yeah can anyone explain this to me like explaining crypto for the first time? From what I saw you barely get anything per full game, like buying 100 games to get a $20 gift card or something and that can't be right

Its a 4% back effective rate so it only takes $125 spend to make $5.

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

Ineffiable posted:

4% back on purchases, so any bonuses from campaigns will only lower the $125 threshold for a $5 return.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

It was one of my favorite games last year, flaws and all. If you vibed with D2 twenty years ago you will be getting nostalgia hotflashes

That sounds like exactly what I need while halloween season rolls in :unsmith:

e: aw dang I guess I missed the sale. Oh well, there’s no way it doesn’t go on sale again soon.

kzin602
May 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

RareAcumen posted:

How? What's the PC equivalent of 400$ gold HDMI cables to improve the sound?

External DAC with a vaccum tube.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

My first Diablo was 3 on PS3 like 9 years ago and I absolutely loved it. Bought it multiple times on multiple different systems. So naturally when a remake of 2 was announced, I got excited and pre-ordered it. Then I played the beta of it and really wasn't feeling it :( Apparently I'm a scrub for liking 3 but not liking 2 lol. It just felt so old to me. So yeah, I guess it is a faithful remake, just not one that appealed to me.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

Rageaholic posted:

My first Diablo was 3 on PS3 like 9 years ago and I absolutely loved it. Bought it multiple times on multiple different systems. So naturally when a remake of 2 was announced, I got excited and pre-ordered it. Then I played the beta of it and really wasn't feeling it :( Apparently I'm a scrub for liking 3 but not liking 2 lol. It just felt so old to me. So yeah, I guess it is a faithful remake, just not one that appealed to me.
it's because 3 is a better game. the only reason to play 2 is for nostalgia

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

butt dickus posted:

it's because 3 is a better game. the only reason to play 2 is for nostalgia

Nah they’re both amazing games for different but similar reasons.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Barreft posted:

Video Games › Sony PlayStation 5: That can't be right

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ineffiable posted:

No no that one lambasted screen shot says 6 games retailing between 40 and 70 dollars is worth 4% of $5.00 or 20 cents

You need to spend thousands to make 5 dollars that way

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
I got stuck in the Playstation Stars waiting list lol

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Thats like 350 dollars of games equalling 20 cents credit

acksplode
May 17, 2004

The more you spend the more you save

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Real hurthling! posted:

Thats like 350 dollars of games equalling 20 cents credit

You only need to buy one

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Oh snap im a fool for not reading please own me i deserve it

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
Joke's on you, it's only $70 for 20 cents credit

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Lol

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Volte posted:

Joke's on you, it's only $70 for 20 cents credit

Inscryption costs $20 so it's a 1% cashback!!!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Rageaholic posted:

D3 likers and D2 likers are very different people imo, and that's not a bad thing, but I feel like it's pretty consistently a thing.

For me the D2 remake delivered exactly what I wanted out of one, which is D2 that works well on a controller with gorgeous graphics and pretty much nothing else altered. D2 is an experience that is positively crystalized inside my adult brain and I think highly of VV for respecting that.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Weekly Honorary Arist Gaming World Update, wherein one may find industry news and intrigue for week 38 of 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqBDbKyiDwo

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
Current Diablo 3 is an okay game but it's good for like maybe three to four days. I only played Diablo 2 for like one playthrough on Normal back in the day and I didn't really get into it until after Diablo 3 came out and was complete dogshit (the launch version that is) so it's definitely not just because of nostalgia that I like Diablo 2.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

D2 is cool separate from the loot while d3 kinda sucks as you wait for the loot to be excited for imho

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
I like D2 and D3 for very different reasons, though I think Blizzard missed a pretty obvious opportunity by not porting the campaigns of 1/2 into 3. The loot tables and graphics would obviously be very different but that would have been pretty fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Joined PlayStation Stars and I have 0 points even though I pre-ordered Modern Warfare 2 and God of War Ragnarok a while back, although I got a notification on my PS5 saying there's gonna be campaigns to earn points for those games coming later. I guess you only get points added for purchases made after you join?