Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

BabyRyoga posted:

Here's a pretty good video that goes over every change from OW1 to OW2 to watch while the game is down (WHILE YOU ALSO GO OUTSIDE AND GET SOME FRESH AIR NERDS). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgczDOhCqjI

There are even nerfs I didn't realize (like tracer's damage going down).
Karq videos are good. Added that to the OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

TenementFunster posted:

Bug Fixes:
- Based on US player demands, Kiriko now sounds more, well, you know…
- Zaraya palette-swapped to Ukrainian

- Zarya removed from the game, as she was killed by HIMARS in Lyman

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Pattonesque posted:

- Zarya removed from the game, as she was killed by HIMARS in Lyman
do not do this

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

yea Zarya's a national celebrity, they'd never let her anywhere near combat

tyrelhill
Jul 30, 2006
drat finnally get one game in and then they take servers down

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
I love the 5-man format and the beefed up tanks. The only thing I will say is that it seems like the damage projection characters are way, way stronger. I'm a bigtime pharah main and right now if I don't get counterpicked I can make a way bigger impact to the game because I can just shoot the poo poo out of people and only have one tank soaking damage instead of two. Soldier 76 and laser shot lady whose name I forget feel the same as well.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

BabyRyoga posted:

Here's a pretty good video that goes over every change from OW1 to OW2 to watch while the game is down (WHILE YOU ALSO GO OUTSIDE AND GET SOME FRESH AIR NERDS). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgczDOhCqjI

There are even nerfs I didn't realize (like tracer's damage going down).

Going through this video was like

Buff: Osira can now negate damage like Dva's protective field.

Nerf: Sombra's left leg has been removed.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i can't hear anyone talk in-game, like the volumes are completely muted. i see the voices pop up like people are talking but it's just silence. i cranked the voice chat volume to max so I have no clue whats up, any ideas?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

CuddleCryptid posted:

Where does he say anything of the sort? Do you read the things you type first before you hit send?

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
I see that they removed Hanzo's scattershot. Does he even have the "simple geometry" voiceline?

How is Hanzo these days?

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

Maintenance window during the only hours I can play? This game is cursed.

DrBox
Jul 3, 2004

Sombody call the doctor?

Countblanc posted:

i can't hear anyone talk in-game, like the volumes are completely muted. i see the voices pop up like people are talking but it's just silence. i cranked the voice chat volume to max so I have no clue whats up, any ideas?

I'm not in game so I can't check, but it's there an option to select your communication device in audio settings?

Also make sure your windows audio settings have communication device as the same as your headphones or whatever output you use.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

poe meater posted:

I see that they removed Hanzo's scattershot. Does he even have the "simple geometry" voiceline?

How is Hanzo these days?

miss miss miss miss miss miss miss miss fight-winning headshot miss miss miss miss

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

I'm glad to see they buffed Baptiste, Lucio/Mercy/Zenny still overrepresent but I see why I'm seeing him in more matches now.

Bottom Liner posted:

Where does he say anything of the sort? Do you read the things you type first before you hit send?

I think I understand how you got your avatar.

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

headcase posted:

Maintenance window during the only hours I can play? This game is cursed.

Just put the kid down and had an hour to myself. Whoops! Not even gonna bother trying to queue up.

I think I like the flow of the game better, in the few minutes that I’ve been able to play it.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

CuddleCryptid posted:

I think I understand how you got your avatar.

By telling a mod they drove off a female person of color in an unwelcoming hobby by defending and protecting a misogynist piece of poo poo everyone in the thread hates? Yeah. You sure got me.

But nice deflection from explaining whatever nonsense you were trying to say again

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Got a handful of W's in Paraiso arcade games as Kiriko before maintenance. Yeah, she's pretty great. Starting to vibe with how her healing feels a bit more now and right clicking perched Widows and Ashes is so satisfying. Spamming heals and smoke bombs in her ult is fun as hell lol.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

for the record, account merge issues seem to be fixed now. I can finally play

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

CuddleCryptid posted:

Going through this video was like

Buff: Osira can now negate damage like Dva's protective field.

Sombra was massively buffed

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Yeah, Sombra might be the only dps that got a pure buff, though its more like a change than a straight up buff. Most of the rest of them just got nerfs. CC and utility was removed and not really replaced.

But if you go through that video, it should be apparent that DPS got the short end of a really short stick compared to other heroes, just in general.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

BabyRyoga posted:

But if you go through that video, it should be apparent that DPS got the short end of a really short stick compared to other heroes, just in general.

Lol

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Hashy posted:

Sombra was massively buffed

Her silence was cut by a huge margin in exchange for a damage buff that would make her role the same as most other flankers. I mean it might be better numerically but it's more boring that way.

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

CuddleCryptid posted:

Her silence was cut by a huge margin in exchange for a damage buff that would make her role the same as most other flankers. I mean it might be better numerically but it's more boring that way.

It's less stupid to play against which is one of the defining design goals of overwatch 2

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

The game has become a bit more deathmatch-y, which means DPS are feasting. Hth.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Hashy posted:

It's less stupid to play against which is one of the defining design goals of overwatch 2

just as all biology eventually returns to crabs, all competitive games eventually return to counterstrike

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Rein: No longer has his passive because it was given to all tanks by default, has more HP/armor, has two charges of fire strike, ult basically instantly kills anyone who is point blank, can steer charge at ludicrous angles now and stop it at will but it does slightly less damage, slight shield nerf
Mei: Primary fire no longer freezes, but hey, it does slightly less poo poo damage now. Ice walls break easily, ult harder to get

Orisa: Is invincible, has a ranged stun that cancels abilities
Reaper/tracer: damage nerfed for some reason, no additional utility provided

Zen: Can kick people across the universe
McCree: More clunky, has no flash bang, just a weird homing mine thing

I mean, the list goes on and on.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

BabyRyoga posted:

I mean, the list goes on and on.

Are you literally incapable of contextualizing these changes with the rest of the game or are you really arguing that DPS are strictly worse all around because of what the patch notes have listed for numbers?

I mean I know the answer given how many times you’ve already been corrected by everyone. But still. Lol.

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

Mei's ult actually charges faster now because you're doing loads more damage during your primary role of slowing people down

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Hashy posted:

Mei's ult actually charges faster now because you're doing loads more damage during your primary role of slowing people down

the slow was also nerfed by half

and despite being one of the more tanky dpses, you cant brawl head to head with a tank, they will all delete you.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

why is the overwatch thread so mad all the time

Frozen Peach
Aug 25, 2004

garbage man from a garbage can

Zokari posted:

gamers

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Bottom Liner posted:

Are you literally incapable of contextualizing these changes with the rest of the game or are you really arguing that DPS are strictly worse all around because of what the patch notes have listed for numbers?

I mean I know the answer given how many times you’ve already been corrected by everyone. But still. Lol.

all i'm saying is like 4 months from now, the whole thread is going to be saying that guy was right

or quoting me when I was wrong to rub it in my face

I give it 50/50

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Weird of you to think youve said anything worth remembering in 4 months

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Hashy posted:

You can't freeze dudes anymore so what's the point of this character

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

SorePotato posted:

AND you can't even really wall them either, since it crumbles faster than BOTW weapons.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

SorePotato posted:

Walling teammates away from you to be viciously and repeatedly murdered by the enemy team duh

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

verbal enema posted:

Walling teammates away from you to be viciously and repeatedly murdered by the enemy team duh

Ah, wall can't be instantly obliterated if it is your own team's wall. I like the way you think!

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

verbal enema posted:

Dropping a wall behind me as we run out of spawn so I can claim all the glory of first contact for myself.

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

Mei is about as strong as she's ever been and there are good counterplays to her in a 1v1. Design goal nailed imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Zokari posted:

Have you ever played Overwatch? It hurts, dude.