Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Dank Brandon strikes

https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/1578099385061281816?t=RjrwJB23GvZn0C8F1g47kg&s=19

(but there isn't anyone serving federal time for this, so it's mostly post-offense pardons, but plenty of other good poo poo, though not good enough)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

TheWeedNumber posted:

I couldn’t do dabs. I like to see the smoke flow when I smoke and I would definitely over dab. poo poo was fun and definitely a great clean high in moderation.

Carts are basically the same thing. I see a lot of people hitting those walking around in public now.

Leave posted:

While we're talking about it, if you've never done it, get some of the THCA sand and add it to your bowl, layering it through the flower, next time you're gonna smoke. It adds quite the punch!

That's kief. If you're buying it at a dispensary, they're scraping it out of their trimming and drying racks. Most 4 piece grinders have a screened section that catches kief.

Most thc in weed you buy at the store is thca. There will be a small percentage that actually matures out to thc, but the bulk is -a. All that means is you need to "cook" off the -a, which degrades with heat starting somewhere in the low 200s°F or just to an open flame. Edibles are made that way, low heat decarboxylation for an hour or two, then it's ready for extraction and baking (under 360~°F to prevent burning off thc). The -a accounts for something like 11% of molecular weight of the thc molecule.

Eating straight thca would not give you a buzz, you have to destroy the -a for thc to have any noteworthy effect. If you eat flower straight, you'll get a tiny buzz, but that's only because of the small percentage of thc that matured naturally during flower stage, usually the oldest and largest buds, so the colas.

E: /\ Go Dank Brandon!

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Oct 6, 2022

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
This is a little different than kief.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
i have been drug free since jordan peteresen almost died from benzos. if they can take a strong, intelligent man of fortitude and do that to him just imagine what a marijuano may do to us WOW pretty scared straight going to go clean my room

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Yeah, that's not kief. That's what we've been calling "white wax" or "white crumble" here and it's actually wax that's had the bulk of the terpenes removed.

Some people like it, I find it often has no real flavor. It sold well a few years back when it started turning up, but now it's bargain basement wax at most dispensaries I frequent. Last time I bought some it was around $8/g in Colorado Springs medical shops.

It's fine but it's just straight up thc, tiny bits of other cannabinoids, but tastes like nothing at all.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

GoGoGadget posted:

Also, tons of people seem to spout "diet sodas are actually worse for you than regular sodas"

My line is that Soda is awful, Diet soda is also awful, just in different and less documented ways.

reject consumerism and drink water you loving fools. (Coffee and tea also valid)

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

I interchange DCA and National. I quasi-grew up here though (dad moved down here after my parents split, so I spent a ton of time down here as a kid).

facialimpediment posted:

Dank Brandon strikes

https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/1578099385061281816?t=RjrwJB23GvZn0C8F1g47kg&s=19

(but there isn't anyone serving federal time for this, so it's mostly post-offense pardons, but plenty of other good poo poo, though not good enough)

It's a start, though my selfish rear end would like it if he told OPM to not give a poo poo about it either.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

M_Gargantua posted:

My line is that Soda is awful, Diet soda is also awful, just in different and less documented ways.

reject consumerism and drink water you loving fools. (Coffee and tea also valid)

But what will I mix my bourbon with?

Handsome Ralph posted:

It's a start, though my selfish rear end would like it if he told OPM to not give a poo poo about it either.

Nothing selfish about it. Think of how many people stay out of State or the IC because they like to puff on a plant every now and then, and then think of how many loving alcoholics there are in Foggy Bottom or Langley.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!
https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/1578097878094024712

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

I'll be honest, I didn't see that coming at all.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Those federally charged for possession are going to be the idiots that decided to attract a lot of attention at a national park somewhere.

The rescheduling is the most important part, if for nothing else, medical research.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Arrath posted:

I'll be honest, I didn't see that coming at all.

:emptyquote:

I'll reserve judgement until something concrete shakes out of it:

https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/1578097880744820736

...because as we saw with student loans, it can look great and then get pulled back at the last moment. But still, uh, I didn't have "Biden decrims :420:" on my bingo card.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

pantslesswithwolves posted:

How about bitters and vermouth?

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Those federally charged for possession are going to be the idiots that decided to attract a lot of attention at a national park somewhere.

The rescheduling is the most important part, if for nothing else, medical research.

Would this cover military personnel with weed charges?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Biden would briefly mention decriminalization during the campaign, especially before he took Kamala on for VP. It wasn't the important message at the time, that was covid, economy, getting poo poo for brains out, etc. Weed was way down the list.

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

"You won't even remember what country you're in"

https://twitter.com/IntelDoge/status/1578107407418675200?t=Xd-98CSbVqwPDAT0J5zmzg&s=19

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
Sooooooo, will this remove Marijuana from banned substances the DOT makes employers screen for???

Asking for a friend

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

I always have luck with "more bourbon".

I like to call it a "Half and Half". Half bourbon accompanied by the other half of more bourbon.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

ASAPI posted:

I like to call it a "Half and Half". Half bourbon accompanied by the other half of more bourbon.

this guy gets it - signed a recovering alcoholic

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

ASAPI posted:

I used to do half and half Gin & Tonics, but this has half the ingredients! Nice time saver, that.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Flikken posted:

Sooooooo, will this remove Marijuana from banned substances the DOT makes employers screen for???

Asking for a friend

Don't assume/accept a yes until you see it complete writing from the administration and/or Congress.

https://twitter.com/Ugarles/status/1578115996358934530

https://twitter.com/Ugarles/status/1578117283813228552

Looks if Congress won't do it, the DEA has to do it (they've repeatedly refused), which means it's a long-rear end drawn-out process to make the descheduling/delisting legal, versus Donnie Dumbfuck's NO TRANNIES policy announcements that later get tossed out on Administrative Procedure Act grounds. Probably will be another year or two.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
when u rly think about it, theres no real diff between democrats and republicans smh

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
The Feds bagged their first J6er on fuckin Seditious Conspiracy - via plea deal!

https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/1578112599312547840

Dude testified, pleaded out with a hefty cooperation agreement, all the while the first real seditious conspiracy trial was ongoing down the hall. That's one way for DOJ to prove a charge that's kinda iffy - make it in a plea deal!

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Uh. Well wake me up when sailors can partake I guess. Seems good overall though.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

diamond joe's gonna do it

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Nothing selfish about it. Think of how many people stay out of State or the IC because they like to puff on a plant every now and then, and then think of how many loving alcoholics there are in Foggy Bottom or Langley.

This is me, kind of. I didn't partake at all until my early 30s because I always thought I might end up going back to federal employment after leaving a job that required a clearance, and I didn't want to burn that bridge (or at least make the process harder than it needed to be). Then I hit a point where I realized it was unlikely I would be returning anytime soon(middle of the Trump admin) and I had debilitating back pain while training for a marathon with the combo breaker of PTSD/anxiety. My wife and a friend encouraged me to at least try and see if it helped, and lo and behold, it did.

I think the one annoying part was for awhile, I figured "Oh well, so long as I stick to public trust gigs, it'll never be an issue". I quickly realized my error in that it is still an issue if you want any kind of Fed job. Currently in the process of setting myself up to leave my current career field within the next six months and enter IT, so it would be very nice if they finally said "Yeah, we don't give a poo poo. Just don't be a loving moron." That would open a whole bunch of doors for me. In theory. Anyways, sorry for the e/n weed dump.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

facialimpediment posted:

The Feds bagged their first J6er on fuckin Seditious Conspiracy - via plea deal!

https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/1578112599312547840

Dude testified, pleaded out with a hefty cooperation agreement, all the while the first real seditious conspiracy trial was ongoing down the hall. That's one way for DOJ to prove a charge that's kinda iffy - make it in a plea deal!

It definitely counts the same as if they proved their case, and depending on the information they get from him they'll strengthen their cases against the other defendants. Snitching works!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
So does that RWDS patch stand for Right-Wing Dumb poo poo?

Don't answer this.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Right Wing Death Squad

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Same thing really.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Flikken posted:

Asking for a friend

depends if HR departments want to give up an amazing tool for firing people and denying them unemployment

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I doubt they allow CDL holders to do so, but jail guards here in my county are allowed to smoke weed. They don't have guns, though.

Cops can't smoke either.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Basically every job I've held in my adult life, to include my current one, included the threat of a random test at any moment. I wonder what it'd be like to not have to live under that restriction.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

A.o.D. posted:

Basically every job I've held in my adult life, to include my current one, included the threat of a random test at any moment. I wonder what it'd be like to not have to live under that restriction.

I went from having a clearance to a DOT regulated job.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

A.o.D. posted:

I work at a dispo, and it's the only job I've had that not only do I not have to worry about random drug tests, but they'd be suspicious if I passed.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Growing up the oilfield fab/welding shop I worked in would give out raises like 3x per year, drug test the next week, fire everyone that failed (like 20% of the workers) and then re-hire them at their pre-raise pay level a week later. poo poo was like clockwork, never understood why some kept falling for it.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

I haven't had a coke in years but coke really is like the perfect soda for mixers it's wild

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
Pepsi or bust for me. Coke tastes like chemical rear end to me unless its fountain coke.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

My Spirit Otter posted:

Pepsi or bust for me. Coke tastes like chemical rear end to me unless its fountain coke.

Have you tried Mexican Coke? That is, the stuff with real sugar?

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Legalization has been so smooth up here save for the oversaturation of the retail market. I have a dozen stores within 10 minutes of my place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

MA-Horus posted:

Legalization has been so smooth up here save for the oversaturation of the retail market. I have a dozen stores within 10 minutes of my place.

Enjoy it while it lasts - Oregon used to have 10 dollar 100mg packs of gummies and very cheap flower.