Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The Rabbids talk now apparently, I don’t think Rabbids should talk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

I'd give that trailer a waist-high thumbs up.

Mario's face doesn't look that bad in motion. However, there's too much exaggerated squash-and-stretch stuff going on for my taste.

The drums drowned out everything, it's a cheap and tired way to make something sound cinematic. The ending music had only the barest resemblance to the Mario theme.

Pratt was almost unrecognizable in Mario's voice, it was such a neutral and flat delivery of the lines (and half of it was him grunting).

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

hatty posted:

One of the Rabbids did opera

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

hatty posted:

they fly now

rox
Sep 7, 2016

Stux posted:

they fly now

lol

SirBukkake
Aug 24, 2006
Idk some black dude

ErrEff posted:

I'd give that trailer a waist-high thumbs up.

When we see more Luigi:

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I’m disappointed that we didn’t get to hear Charlie Day’s Luigi voice but Bowser seems pretty good so far at the very least

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

He kind of looks like someone wearing an amusement park mascot costume

I hope when Bowser kidnaps Peach it's because he wants the kingdom's power star, and not because he wants to freaking marry her

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Larryb posted:

I’m disappointed that we didn’t get to hear Charlie Day’s Luigi voice but Bowser seems pretty good so far at the very least

You hear him go "aaah" and "uuugh", sounded ok.

Mario says "What is this place???", it's an origin story.

Chris Pratt as Mario: Let us proceed

Frozen Peach
Aug 25, 2004

garbage man from a garbage can

WHY BONER NOW posted:

I hope when Bowser kidnaps Peach it's because he wants the kingdom's power star, and not because he wants to freaking marry her

I hope he's already married to her. And they're in love.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
My big hope that will never come true for the movie is that it's a "how Mario and Luigi first met and team up" type of origin story. Somehow they are also still brothers. Luigi Day makes it work.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

These are Italians!?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Pilotwings 64 just got dated as coming to the N64 Switch Online app next Thursday.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I think the original game must have had an unlocked franerate cause the trailer looks like it is 60fps and hoo boy I can tell you the original was NOT

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

The Kins posted:

Pilotwings 64 just got dated as coming to the N64 Switch Online app next Thursday.

i fuckin love pilotwings 64 so much

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Pilotwings 64 owns so much, now I'm sadder about not getting the N64 controller, rip

Fish Appreciator
Nov 25, 2021
Mario just sounds like Some Guy, which I guess is 100% accurate to his characterization. Would have preferred something that sucks hard.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
I'm apathetic towards the Mario movie teaser. Pratt's definitely the weak link, but I guess that's because I was expecting/hoping for something a little more like the old 90s cartoons? Everything else seemed... fine? The animation looked pretty nice.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Mario's not going to trust Toad at first, and Toad's going to be like "come on man, trust the fungus :imunfunny:

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

I've been on pins and needles wondering whether it would be Chris Pratt Trying to Be Italian, which would have been terrible, or Just Christ Pratt's Voice coming out of Mario's Mouth, which would have been stupid. I'm really shocked they're going back to the idea of Mario and Luigi being people from Brooklyn who fell into the mushroom kingdom, and I think I like it! I'm still not going to watch the movie, and I think hiring only big Hollywood actors as voice talent instead of actual voice actors sucks, but maybe it won't be a trainwreck.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

jack black bowser is good

Hrist posted:

My big hope that will never come true for the movie is that it's a "how Mario and Luigi first met and team up" type of origin story. Somehow they are also still brothers. Luigi Day makes it work.

they met when they were born

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
https://twitter.com/willfulchaos/status/1578124728681857044?s=20&t=H8rteGog_UQGFMHNMe6Dpw

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6Al_DShXX0

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Im loving excited for pilotwings 64 on Nintendo Switch

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
I'm really not liking Edo Japan in LaL too much (doing pacifist because why not, probably some incentive for doing so), this guy is complete loving trash that gets 2-shot by everything. Every other room you go into there's some unfleeable battle that kills you in an instant, most of these were avoidable until the puppetmaster which I had to kill. Probably my least favorite LaL chapter but I brought it on myself

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Oct 7, 2022

Sonel
Sep 14, 2007
Lipstick Apathy

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN posted:

I'm really not liking Edo Japan in LaL too much (doing pacifist because why not, probably some incentive for doing so),

You will get something for a pacifist run, but if your not using a guide well, good luck.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

I'm really not liking Edo Japan in LaL too much (doing pacifist because why not, probably some incentive for doing so), this guy is complete loving trash that gets 2-shot by everything. Every other room you go into there's some unfleeable battle that kills you in an instant, most of these were avoidable until the puppetmaster which I had to kill. Probably my least favorite LaL chapter but I brought it on myself

I really wouldn't do a pacifist run on your first time through, really

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Pacifist/Genocide is really meant for a replay like someone else said because there’s elements you’ll get got by like not having the currency for Mimic Mammet, not unlike Undertale. But there’s a room with infinitely spawning ghosts who just stand around, that’s what I used to not die horribly to mandatory fights.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Macaluso posted:

They have to have just labeled it wrong when they announced the voice cast, becasue Kamek doesn't sound like Kevin Michael Richardson at all. Hell the penguin king sounded more like him. Are there any characters people can suggest I listen to that KMR has voiced that are much higher pitched like the Kamek one to compare?

No that's definitely him, dude just has an incredible range.

Go look up some clips of Lester and Cleveland Jr. from The Cleveland Show or Billy from American Dad for examples of some of his higher voice character roles

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Augus posted:

jack black bowser is good

they met when they were born

Yoshi's Island notwithstanding

I've gone over the surprisingly positive impressions from the trailer, but I do like the bit where the penguins actually knock over one of the Koopa Troopas in the attack. Just one of those little touches that punctuates the joke. The whole Bowser thing was just perfect, straight out of the RPGs. I get the feeling that the villains are absolutely gonna be the best part of the movie.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Well, the villains and Luigi.

The few seconds at the end of the trailer with Luigi vs. The undead army was a delight, fantastic animation.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Yoshi's Island notwithstanding

I've gone over the surprisingly positive impressions from the trailer, but I do like the bit where the penguins actually knock over one of the Koopa Troopas in the attack. Just one of those little touches that punctuates the joke. The whole Bowser thing was just perfect, straight out of the RPGs. I get the feeling that the villains are absolutely gonna be the best part of the movie.

To be honest everything except Chris Pratt seems fine so far.

Clearly someone will just need to do a cut where all his dialogue is replaced by that random mumbling from the Mario & Luigi games.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Well, the villains and Luigi.

The few seconds at the end of the trailer with Luigi vs. The undead army was a delight, fantastic animation.

They really went above and beyond with the animation. Illumination's always been pretty good at that mind.

The backgrounds too are a lot of fun- it really looks like they took a ton of visual inspiration from the games while making it all more of a cohesive world. Bowser's giant flying castle clearly takes influence from Paper Mario, the penguin city looks like a Mario Kart backdrop, and the Mushroom Kingdom area seems styled after the giant mushroom platform levels from SMB1.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

ImpAtom posted:

Heck, I'd go so far as to say all the non Chris Pratt things seem great and that Chris Pratt sounds fine (not good, fine).

I'm genuinely excited to see more of Bowser and his army.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Yeah I’m kinda neutral on Crisp Rat Mario atm. It’s at least not bad, so much so that it’s distracting, so if that’s the worst thing out of a movie otherwise full of gems then that’s fine.

Also, hearing how well Jack Black and KMK have done with their respective characters gives me a lot of optimism for Seth Rogan’s DK

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

ImpAtom posted:

Clearly someone will just need to do a cut where all his dialogue is replaced by that random mumbling from the Mario & Luigi games.

Go check out the snippets of the French trailer on twitter if you haven't already. Whoever's dubbing Mario is far more Mario-sounding.

Also agreeing that everything aside from Chris Pratt looked fantastic.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Everyone is praising Jack Black as Bowser (and they should he did great) but I think Keegan Michael Key and Kevin Michael Richardson deserve some props for nailing their roles as Toad and Kamek too.

I'm pretty sure KMR was also voicing the Penguin King, can anyone confirm or deny that?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I keep thinking that maybe the trailer is not a good one to get a feel for the Pratt Mario, but then as said before you have all these other actors basically nailing their characters, at least by comparison.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i was so excited about pilotwings 64 coming to switch online that i couldn't actually wait to play it and just hooked up my n64 and played it.

this game still kicks so much rear end, i hate that this franchise is as dead as f-zero.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
If Nintendo keeps updating the n64 and genesis library at a faster pace and adds a couple new consoles I could definitely see myself getting the expansion pass