Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I'll give you a helpful recipe:
1.buy the cheapest pure alcohol you can find
2.filter it several times though a Brita pitcher or other brand of activated charcoal filter
3.dilute it with water to a 40 percent concentration
Opional: put in in a jar with some fruit for a month in a dark cupboard to make schnapps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Don't ruin a water filter by putting cheap vodka through it, which produces questionable results anyway. Just buy decent vodka. Smirnoff is fine.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I recommend Fris for cheap, but decent vodka

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Sam's Club house brand member's mark vodka is super smooth and as cheap as plastic bottle swill. wasn't expecting that from walmart.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Halloween Jack posted:

Don't ruin a water filter by putting cheap vodka through it, which produces questionable results anyway. Just buy decent vodka. Smirnoff is fine.

you can just use your old tshirts in a toilet paper tube, works fine.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

It even adds a certain essence marking it as your own creation

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Big Dog T-shirt Wine

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

This sounds worse than navy people filtering torpedo juice through a loaf of bread.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
You need really high proof vodka to get the kind of infusion needed, and that precludes a LOT of decent vodka

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

all i see is a proZHOOTergeist

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

You need really high proof vodka to get the kind of infusion needed, and that precludes a LOT of decent vodka

use everclear

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
yeah i just used everclear when i've done booze infuse. water it down after so it won't shitrock you.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Nah, you can get very flavourful infusions starting with 80 proof rum or vodka. Everclear or overproof rum is if you want the finished product to be 80 proof or more.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

I stewed a big handful of cherries in sugar for maybe 10 minutes, left them to cool then dropped them in a bottle of something normal like Smirnoff or Stolichnaya and left the bottle in the freezer for a month. Very tasty

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/MiamiHeraldFood/status/1178683868448206848?s=20&t=11N9xBCzwczHtR-LxuC56Q

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

seriously miami herald, you're gonna pay wall me on this clickbait article? lmao.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

LifeSunDeath posted:

seriously miami herald, you're gonna pay wall me on this clickbait article? lmao.

I got to it ok. It's a leftover from one of the many times over the past few centuries that various dangerous adulterants have been used over the years to pad out liquor, then had various flavors added to mask that, followed by a wide-ranging ban on additives.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

LifeSunDeath posted:

oops, they didn't paywall me. lmao

anyway apparently a long time ago there was a some kind of moral panic about grains of paradise, like they thought it drove you insane or something, so they banned it. then some ambulance chaser sued bacardi over it.

uber_stoat has a new favorite as of 22:19 on Oct 6, 2022

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

oh lol thanks.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

The local Malaysian pizza scene can be pretty dire at times.

Dumpmaster General
Sep 8, 2022

by sebmojo

Ibblebibble posted:

they know it's all you deserve if you order chicago style

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Ibblebibble posted:

LMAO

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Deep dish is good as poo poo and that abomination is a crime against it.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Everyone knows that Detroit Style is the Best Style

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Genuinely wish you could get that here, 'deep dish' just means a normal pizza but the base is an inch thick

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Lots of places think "Chicago/deep dish" and "pan pizza" are the same thing

They are not

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

this is controversial but I love all pizzas.

free pizza love is what I'm into.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

LifeSunDeath posted:

this is controversial but I love all pizzas.

free pizza love is what I'm into.

Pizzamoury

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

LifeSunDeath posted:

Big Dog T-shirt Wine

Listen Buddy, America Deserved Two-Buck Chuck

Dumpmaster General
Sep 8, 2022

by sebmojo

Iron Crowned posted:

Everyone knows that Detroit Style is the Best Style

I've only recently gotten wise to this but it's 100% true.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

The one thing about "true" Detroit style though, sauce doesn't belong on top of a pizza. It needs to be hidden under the cheese, like a secret you shamefully enjoy

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Captain Hygiene posted:

The one thing about "true" Detroit style though, sauce doesn't belong on top of a pizza. It needs to be hidden under the cheese, like a secret you shamefully enjoy

"true" detroit style doesn't put the sauce on top of the pizza. not sure where pizza hut came up with that bullshit but im from detroit and they dont put the sauce on top of the cheese

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I landed recently by happenstance in a neighborhood that has a Jet's.

It's p. great

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

boar guy posted:

"true" detroit style doesn't put the sauce on top of the pizza. not sure where pizza hut came up with that bullshit but im from detroit and they dont put the sauce on top of the cheese

I'll take your word for it, I've just heard a number of people claiming that sauce on top is the only true way even aside from that Pizza Hut thing, but I'm not from there so it's all pure hearsay to me.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Data Graham posted:

It's p. great

:hmmyes:

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Data Graham posted:

It's p. great

jet's is what i would recommend to anyone wanting to try a Detroit style pie. that's the one.

look at this beautiful thing

...and they got the good Ranch, too

little caesar's deep deep dish is a pretty good approximation

boar guy has a new favorite as of 17:01 on Oct 7, 2022

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Man I love Jet's, I was very sad when I moved away after one opened up where I used to live. I used to get Little Caesar's Deep Dish occasionally as a substitute, but the last couple times I've ordered from there, they've just ignored the type I ordered and gave me a regular style instead :emo:

Dumpmaster General
Sep 8, 2022

by sebmojo
yea Jets is where I got turned onto how good Detroit style is, poo poo is indeed top tier pizza style

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

https://www.mrcsdeli.com/menu the emblematic D-style-P now that Club 500 is no more. imho. of c.

Dumpmaster General posted:

yea Jets is where I got turned onto how good Detroit style is, poo poo is indeed top tier pizza style

chicago style is also delicious but you lose something by not having 3 beers in the restaurant while you wait for it to cook before you eat it

boar guy has a new favorite as of 17:18 on Oct 7, 2022