Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

an egg
Nov 17, 2021

Stereotype posted:

sorry there's an official policy about this
not even a hotline number?? if we lose him, i'm blaming you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
i'm sorry arfjason
i am for real
never meant make your climate cringe
i apologize a trillion times

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

oh wow now that we've all learned to love the arf there's moderation. figures!

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Crazypoops posted:

oh wow now that we've all learned to love the arf there's moderation. figures!

now, now, everything in moderation ...

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OERZBoUfHY8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eugWRMfycss

edit: lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rw1mTzRzu3A

mmm lead

A Bakers Cousin has issued a correction as of 03:33 on Oct 7, 2022

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

modern paving techniques with nuclear waste!

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
man in two months it'll be cringemas, I wish someone would probate arf until then

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

free arfjason

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

Grognan posted:

man in two months it'll be cringemas, I wish someone would probate arf until then

hale santa

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Asbestos really is a miracle fiber. it’s a shame about the whole cancer thing. :smith:

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

biceps crimes posted:

free arfjason

he is free it has been 6 hours

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

I stopped reading this thread because it's the most depressing thread on the forums.

The name changed to "Biosphere Successes" so I came back. This is still biosphere collapse :mad:

Cascade Failure
Jan 8, 2010
Owned lol. Still, I'd say any given UK thread has this one beat re: being depressing though.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

I stopped reading this thread because it's the most depressing thread on the forums.

The name changed to "Biosphere Successes" so I came back. This is still biosphere collapse :mad:

We got one! 🎉

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

here's a visitor i've had lumbering noisily around in the woods near my house for the last few weeks, a success on the localized biosphere at least considering it's as fat as a watermelon:

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

all we need to do is believe in the science and the scientists, especially the optimistic ones. we can fix this

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

every biosphere collapse is just a biosphere regeneration opportunity in disguise

Turtle Watch
Jul 30, 2010

by Games Forum

Gravid Topiary posted:

here's a visitor i've had lumbering noisily around in the woods near my house for the last few weeks, a success on the localized biosphere at least considering it's as fat as a watermelon:

A chupacabra?

take_it_slow
Jul 7, 2011

A young girl hands her pa a 'World's Bestos Dad' mug. He takes it in his withered hands and tries to laugh, but only starts to wheeze and then cough violently. His daughter dutifully turns up the flow rate on the oxygen tank connected to his nasal cannula.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Gravid Topiary posted:

one of them porcupine lemurs

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
the gently caress, that rules

i want a backyard porcupine

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
spiky tree capybaras

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
drat so im actually watching the newsroom and Toby the doomer actually has a multi episode arc about how he is a crank and a chump lol

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Mameluke posted:

drat so im actually watching the newsroom and Toby the doomer actually has a multi episode arc about how he is a crank and a chump lol

You thought Sorkin was cool and smart for even just a brief moment. That's so funny

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
why in the poo poo would anyone watch the newsroom in 2022

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Mola Yam posted:

why in the poo poo would anyone watch the newsroom in 2022

because it has a scene that owns

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

I feel blessed that I can witness videos of manmade horrors beyond my comprehension from the convenience of my smartphone

MightyBigMinus
Jan 26, 2020

technically the covid thread is more depressing. its just also so much more immediate and pervasive that hardcore disassociation is the only way to handle it. climate change you can at least still lol & lmao at.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Covid isnt completely settled science, we're still not 100% sure how hosed we are yet. Climate change has been studied for nearly a century to several centuries depending on your outlook and we know we are all going to die horribly

mystes
May 31, 2006

Gravid Topiary posted:

drat I didn't know that porcupines climb trees

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Covid is only after us, though. Climate change (or, pollution in general) is our valiant effort to destroy all life

I'd say that has to be more depressing.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

But to me, the salient message of both threads is "lol, why the gently caress did you have kids you moron"

*cue antinatalism derail*

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
noooooooooo

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Cup Runneth Over posted:

modern paving techniques with nuclear waste!

The road never needs expensive salt or grit application!

this allusion meant
Apr 9, 2006

Microplastics posted:

Covid is only after us, though. Climate change (or, pollution in general) is our valiant effort to destroy all life

I'd say that has to be more depressing.

covid could theoretically evolve to severely harm any mammalian species that reaches a critical density. not-life finds a way

Fell Mood
Jul 2, 2022

A terrible Fell look!

this allusion meant posted:

covid could theoretically evolve to severely harm any mammalian species that reaches a critical density. not-life finds a way

Friend, I have good news about the future and high densities of mammal populations.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Cup Runneth Over posted:

But to me, the salient message of both threads is "lol, why the gently caress did you have kids you moron"

*cue antinatalism derail*

who is gonna take care of me in 50 years when I’m old tho

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
COVID, like climate change, is an IRL rorschach test. Your opinion on it says more about you than it does about the true nature of things

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

biceps crimes posted:

who is gonna take care of me in 50 years when I’m old tho

The wasteland scavengers will polish your urn

Adbot