Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Everyone should watch Utena

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

verbal enema posted:

Kids don't give a poo poo about Mario lol

:wrong:

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

verbal enema posted:

I have 3 kids and I've bought them more Mario stuff in couple years than my entire life time.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Well color me surprised

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Who is the worst actor/voice actor to portray Mario?

Ron Jeremy?

whoever the VA from Hotel Mario was?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I also assumed that today's kids wouldn't really care about Mario because of Fortnite, Among Us, and Roblox

It's like in the 90s when polling showed that more kids knew about Mario than Mickey Mouse

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Everyone loves Mario.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Vermain posted:

you don't have to give movie mario an accent thicker than bolognese but just having christ pratt doing a normal rear end chris pratt voice is the laziest and safest route they could've gone

Need to travel back in time and punch the studio exec who had the bright idea to use Robin Williams* stardom to promote Aladdin; as you can draw a direct line back to that point being the kick off point of using Regular Actor as a Voice Actor

Jack Black at least putting in work to try and sound Bowser-like.
Pratt is just playing Chris Pratt Mario Cosplay

* - Famously Robin didn't WANT to be used in this way, and he had a massive falling out with Disney over it (To which he was sent a Picasso as a "We hosed up" apology gift)

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Gaius Marius posted:

Everyone should watch Utena

this

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Everyone should drop acid then watch Utena

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Infinitum posted:

Everyone should drop acid

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
everyone should watch shoujo kageki revue starlight

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Animation has been all downhill since Ralph Bakshi's Wizards

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

cheetah7071 posted:

everyone should watch shoujo kageki revue starlight

also this. perhaps even moreso this

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Also Gundam: Witch From Mercury

Here's the prologue you can watch for free
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YGW2JRxWUU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

what if chris pratt voiced karen aijo

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

verbal enema posted:

My nephews really like that old mario cartoon and when they saw a video of a New Super Mario Bros hack which replaced bowser with his design from the cartoon they were concerned about how this impacted the mario lore

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I made my ex watch the adolescence of Utena with me without her having seen the series or any other anime. Am I a war criminal?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Chris Pratt voice: "I'll starlight you all"

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Infinitum posted:

Everyone should drop acid then watch Utena

A couple years ago we hosted a party to do shrooms and watch Over The Garden Wall and it was one of the most intense experiences in my entire life. I should what that series again. Very fall and cozy at times.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

https://twitter.com/CosmicHaru/status/1578280047710175232?s=20&t=2fqfU2-4R_OD8OIiWGcvGA

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Chris Pratt voice: "I'll starlight you all"

Jack Black voice: "This is Tendo Maya"

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I also assumed that today's kids wouldn't really care about Mario because of Fortnite, Among Us, and Roblox

It's like in the 90s when polling showed that more kids knew about Mario than Mickey Mouse

This same exact thing happened with the Sonic movie. Goons for some reason thought kids weren't still wild about Sonic. Yeah the kids today probably aren't freaking about, like, Rayman but Mario and Sonic are still massive with kids

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Every day brings us one step closer :pray:

I said come in! posted:

Realistically only a tiny number of people are going to see through this. The rest will go into the theater because Chris Pratt is voicing Mario.

People are going to go to the cinema because it's Mario, the Chris Pratt is unnecessary

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Macaluso posted:

This same exact thing happened with the Sonic movie. Goons for some reason thought kids weren't still wild about Sonic. Yeah the kids today probably aren't freaking about, like, Rayman but Mario and Sonic are still massive with kids
I thought only the blue Muppet thought that sonic wasn't for kids

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

My hot new Sonic take is that the hacked version of Sonic CD that inserts the euro soundtrack, spindashing and air attack moves, is probably the best Sonic.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Yeah okay, I'd go see a Hotel Dusk movie.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Kerrzhe posted:

35 or so minutes of that is just the "starting soon" screen for some loving reason

seriously why do people leave that poo poo in the youtube

its cos they streamed it onto youtube and then just let the vod upload. otherwise they would have to manually upload a seperate video, delist/delete the vod, and then make the video active.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Stux posted:

its cos they streamed it onto youtube and then just let the vod upload. otherwise they would have to manually upload a seperate video, delist/delete the vod, and then make the video active.

too hard for small indie game maker nintendo to do so

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

And it's not like there's another way on Youtube to schedule a pre-recorded video so that it plays live. A sort of....premiere.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

cheetah7071 posted:

everyone should watch shin godzilla

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

it is so good

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

I'll put it on next time I'm playing a map game

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I've resubbed to ff14 for a month while I wait for tactics ogre reborn... I javent played in over 2 years

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Eorzea... I just want to go back... :negative:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Anyway speaking of video games last night I did the mortar pit/flamethrower mission in World at War and it was a total dick. An entire mission of schlepping through trenches while Japanese soldiers constantly pelt you from the trees. I died to grenades so many times

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Rarity posted:

Eorzea... I just want to go back... :negative:

Man, I've punched so many things while you've been gone. :smug:

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Oh man, apparently people translated the original Baroque. I should absolutely try that sometime. That game is like some 13 year old's "creepypasta" video game story come to life and I kinda love it for it.

I don't know if it's in the original, but in the NA remake the character that's two people melted together and the regular face has normal subtitles and the sideways face has subtitles that run up the screen is :kiss:

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
I'm currently hooked on doing the Side Ops in MGS V, but it gets pretty tedious to constantly call in helicopters to extract after a mission, go back to the ACC menu, and then immediately fly back in to another mission on the other side of the map. I wish I could just direct the helicopter to pick me up and drop me off somewhere else without having to go back to the menus and do the whole mission prep phase again. Otherwise, I'm loving at the different ways I can approach missions. It's a lot of fun to be stealthy or go loud, and I appreciate that the game doesn't really penalize you for choosing one option over the other.

Also I just realized after all this time that sending Quiet to scout out an outpost will not only have her mark enemies, but also steal ammo and gear and set up resupply points in case you run out of bullets or suppressor durability. :aaa:

EDIT: Watching the pre-release trailers again and it looks like Mother Base was supposed to be much more lively and dynamic, with all your troops doing different activities and even using vehicles. It also sounded like that the base itself was supposed to be more customizable. I'm sad all of that had to be scaled back. It would have been so cool to walk around a living base.

PunkBoy fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Oct 7, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Rarity posted:

Every day brings us one step closer :pray:

People are going to go to the cinema because it's Mario, the Chris Pratt is unnecessary

NGL I'd watch at least a couple of these hypothetical movies. I feel like you could do a decent Earthbound film in a vaguely early Tim Burton-y mold of "suburbia, but weirdly sinister in a fun way"