Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Help!

I've just resubbed after not playing for over 2 years. All my settings and precious hot bars are gone! As far as story content I've finished the main Shadowbringers campaign but havent done any 5.x stuff yet. I spent a good hour last night trying to remember what and where everything is but I still dont have it right. Does anyone have a good cross hotbar set up for lvl 80 bard?

Playing on ps5 with gamepad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Did you save your settings to the server? If you did, you can retrieve them basically instantly. I was able to set up a new computer really quickly thanks to that feature. Should be possible to do with on a PS5 as well as a PC.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Tekopo posted:

Did you save your settings to the server? If you did, you can retrieve them basically instantly. I was able to set up a new computer really quickly thanks to that feature. Should be possible to do with on a PS5 as well as a PC.

No idea. How would I find out if I did? Last time I played was on ps4

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

It's a button in the character select screen, to the right of your character's name.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Also there's a button in the top right of the screen, that lets you transfer system settings. You should make a backup with both of these.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Thanks. I'll have a look when I get home if my past self had the forethought of saving my settings :D

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Tamba posted:

Week 7 Total: 24,135 :blueshell_is:

Seems fine? The weeks before that were slightly over 25k each, but I really wouldn't call this one dire.

Did they post the results on the discord? For what I've seen neither the spreadsheet or the reddit post were updated.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Re: settings between machines, I've been splitting my time roughly evenly between my desktop with m+kb controls and my Steam Deck with controller controls. If I were to plug a controller into my PC, how hard would it be to import my crossbars from Deck?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Got my PF p8s reclear finally and got the mount for my troubles. Would have preferred the top for a glam I've been planning but beggars can't be choosers.

Endings
Jan 17, 2012

Close your eyes...

quiggy posted:

Re: settings between machines, I've been splitting my time roughly evenly between my desktop with m+kb controls and my Steam Deck with controller controls. If I were to plug a controller into my PC, how hard would it be to import my crossbars from Deck?

As others have noted, there’s a button near the top of the char select screen for up/downloading your character settings (which includes gearsets and hotbars. ). You can only upload once a day but simply upload it from the machine with the hotbars you like, and download on the destination machine.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Endings posted:

As others have noted, there’s a button near the top of the char select screen for up/downloading your character settings (which includes gearsets and hotbars. ). You can only upload once a day but simply upload it from the machine with the hotbars you like, and download on the destination machine.

Is there a way to upload just the crossbars? I don't want to accidentally overwrite my hotbars too.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
So I beat the stupid blue mage man at the carnival--what are some of the tips and tricks to get all the other goofy bonus accomplishments on other fights? I can't kill anything quickly.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

what are you guys doing with all the island currency anyway

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

stocking up on materia for the new crafting gear

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
buying the last thing i need this week then completely forgetting to check it ever again because im tired of not logging out at my FC house

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Badger of Basra posted:

what are you guys doing with all the island currency anyway

stockpiling materia for rightside melds

it's also a good thing to save up for the ishgard restoration dyes if you're not a psychopath like me with 800 FETE tokens

Roluth
Apr 22, 2014

Vitamean posted:

stocking up on materia for the new crafting gear

Basically this. Not quite as efficient as grinding out white scrip, but without a cap on cowries I can stockpile and turn them into whatever materia I need come 6.3.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

gotta hit that 500k cowrie title achievement

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Did they post the results on the discord? For what I've seen neither the spreadsheet or the reddit post were updated.

Yes, that's from the Island Discord that posts the daily recommendations

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Shinjobi posted:

So I beat the stupid blue mage man at the carnival--what are some of the tips and tricks to get all the other goofy bonus accomplishments on other fights? I can't kill anything quickly.
To kill stuff quickly you first want a (mostly) complete set of primal off-GCD spells, and use them between a filler GCD with a short base cast time (eg. Alpine Draft). They share cooldowns in pairs so you don't need to get them all ASAP*. Keep up a longer duration DoT like Song of Torment, learn the fights so you can avoid damage and spend less time healing yourself, that also allows you to go in DPS mimicry and use Matra Magic. You can also learn what fights you can suicide at which %. Some of the fights/challenges are very gimmicky, but you might find some videos on https://www.youtube.com/c/BlueAcademy.

*You want one spell of each of these sets of shared raid/primal spells:
  • Feather Rain / Eruption (Garuda and Ifrit)
  • Mountain Buster / Shock Strike (Titan and Ramuh)
  • Glass Dance / Veil of the Whorl (Shiva and Levi), Veil does damage but doesn't do it in all fights equally or consistently
  • J-kick / Quasar (Alex 8 and Sophia)
  • Both Ends / Nightbloom (monkey king and moon mom)
Surpanakha (Ravana) and Phantom Flurry (Suzaku) are not shared and can't be weaved between GCDs, but they're very useful to dump a lot of damage into something every two minutes.

orcane fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Oct 7, 2022

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

orcane posted:

To kill stuff quickly you first want a (mostly) complete set of primal off-GCD spells, and use them between a filler GCD with a short base cast time (eg. Alpine Draft).
...but don't forget there are bonuses (some of which you need for achievements) for every type of damage, so you want to Sharpened Knife exactly once, and Abyssal Transfixion exactly once, and uh... the third damage type exactly once. Plus cover all the elements. Bomb Toss might be fire+blunt I think?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Awesome! posted:

gotta hit that 500k cowrie title achievement

is it a good title or just something for box checkers

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Countblanc posted:

is it a good title or just something for box checkers

<Cieldalaes Connoisseur>

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
thats a really bad title

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Is there a known cap for blue cowries? I bought everything and was prolly gonna just let them ride til they add something new (could see them add a new currency tho...)

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Firebert posted:

Is there a known cap for blue cowries? I bought everything and was prolly gonna just let them ride til they add something new (could see them add a new currency tho...)

I'm curious about this too, but the UI doesn't specify a cap and it's unlikely anybody has been able to hit it yet even if they haven't bought a thing with them. It's probably something like 999,999.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Stuck forever as a Makai Machinist thinking I'll win enough PVP matches to get the GARO mount so new titles mean absolutely nothing to me.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Best one is still <tank technician> for healers.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
I earned <The Seventh Dawn> and it's the only title I'll ever use

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
<Storm Howler> for Zinogre energy. Sometimes you get lucky and the perfect title falls into your lap for minimum effort instead of being behind a hell grind.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
<The Fistful> is such a lewd title I'd be insane not to rep it 24/7

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

<Little Piggy> is my go-to

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Shinjobi posted:

<The Meat Axe> sounds like an innuendo you don't want to know the meaning of. No, trust me, you're better off not knowing.

I'm still disappointed they didn't continue that gag to the Gunbreaker and Death Knight.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Shinjobi posted:

Pouring one out for my favorite (forcibly retired by a GM) name on Brynhildr, Cat Fister <<The Fistful>>

super-redguy
Jan 24, 2019
I've been using <The Azure and the Omega> nonstop since I got it (minus the short period where I slapped on the Garo title and got all the mounts). After suffering Patch on Blue Mage O12S for like 100+ pulls, there's no way I'd not use this thing.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Bruceski posted:

<The Meat Axe> sounds like an innuendo you don't want to know the meaning of. No, trust me, you're better off not knowing.

I'm still disappointed they didn't continue that gag to the Gunbreaker and Death Knight.

i mean they'd be <The Meat Sword> and <The Meat Gun> and frankly i think you're right

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
<Lone Hero> technically has more prestige but <True Hero> is better so i use that one

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Zomborgon posted:

Pouring one out for my favorite (forcibly retired by a GM) name on Brynhildr, Cat Fister <<The Fistful>>

You know they were chuckling as they changed it

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I've been <Of Dragon's Deep> since ARR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I got «Saint of the Firmament» and I'll justify the eternal fishing I did to earn it by keeping that title on