Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Sagebrush posted:

No, the teenager's just being an rear end in a top hat.

Being pregnant is a form of temporary disability. Pregnant people deserve the same accommodations as anyone else who has trouble walking or standing, has to pee all the time, randomly vomits, etc, no matter the reason.

Also becoming pregnant is not always a voluntary decision.

The question of whose disability is more "deserving" of the seat is a huge can of worms, and in this case it's unanswerable because we don't know what disability the teenager had. But she was definitely being an rear end in a top hat by dismissing the pregnant woman's temporary disability in that manner.

they were nonetheless owned regardless of the teen being a rude teen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

sugar free jazz posted:

they were nonetheless owned regardless of the teen being a rude teen

yep. in fact the rudeness heightened the own, imo

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Remulak posted:

At lunchtime the bagels were gone and somebody had obviously DRAGGED THEIR FINGERS through the cream cheese.

I need you to listen to the first bits of the following, the ear piercing bit, as you feel the scream within you. That is what I felt reading that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTXDLifjTUY

Hand to god, I’d draw blood to find out who did that. I would cause bodily damage.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

A few years ago someone stole two boxes of ice-creams from the work freezer. Facilities were so pissed off they bought myself and the other ice-cream owner replacements.

Also the last two places I worked had someone who'd taken on the role of 'Friday fridge emptier' - if it was unsealed and still in the fridge by about 1630 it was going in the bin. (Things like fruit were put on a communal snack table iirc, and there was a once a month 'everything goes' clean out)

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Sagebrush posted:

Being pregnant is a form of temporary disability. Pregnant people deserve the same accommodations as anyone else who has trouble walking or standing, has to pee all the time, randomly vomits, etc, no matter the reason.

The question of whose disability is more "deserving" of the seat is a huge can of worms, and in this case it's unanswerable because we don't know what disability the teenager had. But she was definitely being an rear end in a top hat by dismissing the pregnant woman's temporary disability in that manner.

I have trouble walking and standing, I pee all the time, and I vomit occasionally as well .. And yet, I manage to go through life without expecting special treatment. Funny how that works.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Reading all the goon reports about how mad they'd get when somebody ate their food is what got me started about ten years back. Eating food that's not yours from the break room fridge is a legendary IRL troll.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

I have trouble walking and standing, I pee all the time, and I vomit occasionally as well .. And yet, I manage to go through life without expecting special treatment. Funny how that works.

Yeah but you’re just an alcoholic.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat
the ADA recognizes alcohol addiction as a disability

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Sagebrush posted:

as far as i'm concerned as an "invisibly disabled person" who's had to defend myself dozens on dozens of times to all sorts of assholes who look me over and think i don't deserve my parking spot, don't deserve my seat, don't deserve this and that and every other thing i drat well need: i don't give a poo poo.

mother. loving. owned.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I was working at a place a few years ago where the operations manager had a huge problem with the fact that I was vegetarian so she twice tried to replace something I had in the fridge with a meat version. Like I had a leftover vegetarian eggroll in there and she replaced it with a pork one.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

I had some food stolen out of a work fridge so I came up with with the perfect solution: Just leave my food in my bag. It's not going to rot in the 4-6 hours between leaving home and lunch time.

quantumwell
Jun 22, 2013

Ravenfood posted:

I am an Important Business Man and need a Company Car. For this I will listen to my 9 year old child and buy a car he likes that I will use to drive my family around regularly. Because it is a Company Car, you see. That's why I didn't need to talk to my wife. It's Just Business.

If it was going to be a company car then the company should have been footing the bill for it

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Lone Goat posted:

I had some food stolen out of a work fridge so I came up with with the perfect solution: Just leave my food in my bag. It's not going to rot in the 4-6 hours between leaving home and lunch time.

it's not going to rot, but you're definitely incubating something in that bag

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
I just knew that ‘company car’ was going to be a Tesla as soon as started reading.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

quantumwell posted:

If it was going to be a company car then the company should have been footing the bill for it

yeah the real stupidity in that post is mingling personal and business funds, you can get super hosed doing that

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
That’s why I leave my food in the window of my car on hot summer days. I work from home but my kids seem to think they are entitled to anything in the fridge.

Cerekk
Sep 24, 2004

Oh my god, JC!
About 20 years ago I was on a Navy ship that was having a problem with people's snacks going missing (which is an even bigger infuriation when you are months from resupply). Anyway eventually it got found out who the thief was and a couple guys beat the poo poo out of him badly enough that he had to go on bedrest for several days and would have definitely gone to the hospital if we weren't at sea.

The resolution was that the captain fined the guys that had assaulted the thief, but none of them really ever had any other consequences. Meanwhile the captain gave the snack thief the maximum punishment he could legally give and then kicked him out of the Navy.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Cerekk posted:

About 20 years ago I was on a Navy ship that was having a problem with people's snacks going missing (which is an even bigger infuriation when you are months from resupply). Anyway eventually it got found out who the thief was and a couple guys beat the poo poo out of him badly enough that he had to go on bedrest for several days and would have definitely gone to the hospital if we weren't at sea.

The resolution was that the captain fined the guys that had assaulted the thief, but none of them really ever had any other consequences. Meanwhile the captain gave the snack thief the maximum punishment he could legally give and then kicked him out of the Navy.

Should have fired him out of a torpedo tube

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I was working at a place a few years ago where the operations manager had a huge problem with the fact that I was vegetarian so she twice tried to replace something I had in the fridge with a meat version. Like I had a leftover vegetarian eggroll in there and she replaced it with a pork one.

Man that's flat out harassment, what the hell.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

God drat, forget lunch stealing, that's some next-level food fuckery.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

cumpantry posted:

it's not going to rot, but you're definitely incubating something in that bag

I've been doing it like 15 years though I've always worked somewhere that has air conditioning, it's been fine.

Maybe it makes the yogurt taste better I dunno.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

Cerekk posted:

My first unironic thanking them for their service.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Captain Hygiene posted:

AITA for asking Mum if she'd be including my pets in her rewritten will?

How dare you insinuate that my furbabies are less important than human children :qq:

It's not about "furbabies" it's about being greedy and wanting more money. This sort of thing can happen even when everyone in the family has kids. My grandparents decided to broadly split the estate 50/50 between their two children, while also leaving a fixed sum for each grandchild. The fixed sums weren't huge but my dad was pissy about the fact that his sister had multiple children and he only had one, saying it "wasn't fair that she got more" despite the fact that the money wasn't for her or him.

Farmer Crack-Ass fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Oct 7, 2022

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Cerekk posted:

back in the day, this sort of thing was why keelhauling got invented

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

AITA for refusing to call my fellow student "Lord Jeff" just because he purchased it off some Irish website?

quote:

I am in this masters program and in one of our classes there is this guy call him Jeff. Guy is really socially awkward and the times I had to work with him he was very annoying. He would constantly correct the professor on the most useless of things, and some how relate every topic we are having on accounting about how his mom died.

Recently he addressed the class and told us that he is now a "Lord" in Ireland or Scotland ( I am not sure) and to please address him as Lord Jeff. I thought this was just a joke, but he has gone out of his way to correct people and even the professor if they don't call him Lord. I asked him like how did you realize you were a lord? and turns out his uncle just purchased it for him for a couple hundred bucks online, kind of like how you can name a star.

After finding this out, I refuse to call him "Lord", he has gotten very angry with me and accuses me of deadnaming him. Everyone else in our small class either avoids him or just calls him Lord Jeff, but I refuse to do so. He has threatened to go to the administration, and I told him he is welcome to.

Ah, grad school

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Kitfox88 posted:

Man that's flat out harassment, what the hell.

There was a post a while back with a lady who was Jewish and her boss kept trying to trick her into eating pork, e.g. by baking a dish for the office and then just outright lying about what was in it.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

Captain Hygiene posted:

AITA for refusing to call my fellow student "Lord Jeff" just because he purchased it off some Irish website?

Ah, grad school

If you're in the US I have some fantastic news about our constitutional recognition of that poo poo.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

It's not about "furbabies" it's about being greedy and wanting more money. This sort of thing can happen even when everyone in the family has kids. My grandparents decided to broadly split the estate 50/50 between their two children, while also leaving a fixed sum for each grandchild. The fixed sums weren't huge but my dad was pissy about the fact that his sister had multiple children and he only had one, saying it "wasn't fair that she got more" despite the fact that the money wasn't for her or him.

Hello situation friend, going on 10 years of not hearing from my aunt because gramps left me and my sister 1k each and her child also got 1k. At the time Aunt was by far the wealthiest person in the family.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Foo Diddley posted:

yeah the real stupidity in that post is mingling personal and business funds, you can get super hosed doing that

Now it's just a Liability Corporation.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

My lunch was stolen once when I worked at a disney park, by one of the maintenance dudes I'm pretty sure, and being a huge pissbaby at the time I made a total scene out of it, just livid with rage at having to go hungry my whole 11,5 hour shift. Two days later I find a loosely wrapped stinking ball of foil in my bag as I'm heading home: half an ounce of weed and a post it note saying: I'M SORRY.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Captain Hygiene posted:

Ah, grad school

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABf1s7fRNRQ

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

Biplane posted:

My lunch was stolen once when I worked at a disney park, by one of the maintenance dudes I'm pretty sure, and being a huge pissbaby at the time I made a total scene out of it, just livid with rage at having to go hungry my whole 11,5 hour shift. Two days later I find a loosely wrapped stinking ball of foil in my bag as I'm heading home: half an ounce of weed and a post it note saying: I'M SORRY.

y'know it's not equivalent but drat if that isn't a good apology

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Biplane posted:

Good trade imo.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Good trade imo.

gently caress yeah best diet plan ever

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Sagebrush posted:

There was a post a while back with a lady who was Jewish and her boss kept trying to trick her into eating pork, e.g. by baking a dish for the office and then just outright lying about what was in it.

This same operations manager would buy two dozen bagels for the office and then cut each and every one into bite-sized chunks to put into a giant bowl so the employees wouldn't go overboard and get fat.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Sagebrush posted:

But the brother also doesn't even have 30 million! He got the funding, but that's the company's money, from which he has to pay all of the salaries -- including his own -- and rent the office and buy all the equipment and everything. That's going to evaporate pretty drat fast if he's in the Bay area and hiring overpaid shitheads from Tesla and Google. Once it's gone, it's gone; I assume that like 99 out of 100 startups, this company is not profitable. And the way these VC investment agreements are written, if everything starts to collapse, the VCS will siphon up everything that's left and leave the company founders and employees with the scraps.

Now let's be fair, he could be embezzling heavily and actually consider the money "his".

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

Captain Hygiene posted:

Ah, grad school

Not that it matters, but by and large, ranks of nobility cannot be bought or sold. Exactly like those aforementioned "name a star" sites, those sites selling aristocratic titles are all fake.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
My father would scream "I bought a loving star for you!" at my mother during the kinds of fights that would leave the kitchen littered with broken crockery.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It reminds me of a Reddit UK legal advice post a while ago where the question was along the lines of "I should be the Earl of Something-or-other, my great-great-uncle used to be but relinquished the title and I think I can get it back" and someone immediately chimed in with a long and detailed explanation of how to contest a claim of peerage before the crown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

My father would scream "I bought a loving star for you!" at my mother during the kinds of fights that would leave the kitchen littered with broken crockery.

lol