Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
It's six hours and op admits there's a few days buffer. It'll be fine~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Shadow0 posted:

I have updated the travel log to reflect this turn of events. :sigh:

The OP is free!

:boom:

I've been following all your threads btw. Maybe I'll post in one. (I guess I just did right now.)

I like your posting. It's very authentic and genuine.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

OP, I just wanted to tell you: good luck, and we're all counting on you.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
op passed through tartarus and was reborn with the power to post on forums, more and goodly

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Maybe... Maybe FYAD can be kind :unsmith:

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

sorry to be that guy but :actually:

Shadow0 posted:

The goal is to hopefully get at least 1 page of responses, but some of the subforums are a bit quieter than others.

i think the fyad thread needs to be restarted until 40 posts are made, unless judges rule that fyad falls under the sleepy clause

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

perhaps a waiver could also be filed due to the host forum displaying conduct unbecoming

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Katamari Democracy posted:

No, I want the OP of this thread to continue this journey.

Oh I do too believe me! I just meant I might half rear end it through some threads or skip some topics I'm not into. It would be a lot to keep track of. I hope the OP pulls through, though it would be a lot of threads for them to keep track of if they do the right thing and check back up on the threads they make. It makes a big endeavor even bigger when you think about it!

Or, you know, if fyad decides to do their traditional chain probe thing, which would be lame. The one and done seems like an expected given though, hopefully that's it. I want to see where this goes, it has promise for fun!

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Shadow0 posted:

Travel update:

I still have TCC on my mind. I meant to include these thoughts in the last update, but hey, I think it's not too late!
I know GBS is where all the cries for a restaurant subforum came from, but it is quite funny to me that TCC is a subforum of GBS rather than the more sensible GWS.
Here I think we first encountered something that has been on my mind since I first came up with this whole idea: If the idea is good enough to be a thread, why isn't it already?
My thread was thus necessarily a bit of niche topic, but there were some nice replies, and maybe some posters with some knowledge or passion for the subject might drop in at any time in the future!

SAFPD... Now here's a sleepy subforum. And no wonder! The front page itself was already a pretty unknown entity, and that was before it had been in 2 years! Hard to think of something to say at that point about it. I'm not much of a comedian or a writer either. Well, the thread'll sit on the first page for at least the next decade, so there's that!
Edit: I do miss the front page though. I didn't drop by often, but there were some really funny articles from time to time! And it was nice to go through the backlog of some of the long-running pieces! I hope it comes back one day!

E/N is usually a pretty lively place from the times I've dropped by before. (Un)fortunately, I don't have anything particularly major going on in my life right now. Some really helpful goons did drop by, which was lovely! Maybe in the coming days, something will come of the thread.

Tomorrow, I take my first steps out of the Greater GBSland Area!

Quoting you from pages ago, OP, I'm still catching up... but a timely heads-up, pls be aware that some of us virtual basement dwellers (i.e. we rarely travel to subforums outside GBS) have little clue what most subforum-name-acronyms mean. LIke I know GBS, FYAD, QCS and E/N and that's about it. And I don't have time to look up each on the SAclopedia. So if you don't mind, when visiting each new subforum, would you pls say what the acrronym stands for, and state, in brief, the ostensible purpose of the forum ( e.g. FYAD:gently caress You And Die, trolling GBS and :circlefap:), k tia. :)

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMwI2D1hJd0

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
No big deal, they probated me right before I went to sleep. I'll respond to the whole probe situation when I'm a bit farther down the river.

This made me laugh!

Bad Purchase posted:

sorry to be that guy but :actually:

i think the fyad thread needs to be restarted until 40 posts are made, unless judges rule that fyad falls under the sleepy clause

Don't worry, I'm more aware of this than anyone. But I don't think it's wise to return to FYAD, especially so soon, unless some communication occurs first.
Also, I have my settings at 10 posts per page! :twisted:

KirbyKhan posted:

Last thing on OP's rap sheet is for asking for warez in 2010. Lmao I love it

Gotta have my anime!

BigBadSteve posted:

So if you don't mind, when visiting each new subforum, would you pls say what the acrronym stands for, and state, in brief, the ostensible purpose of the forum ( e.g. FYAD:gently caress You And Die, trolling GBS and :circlefap:), k tia. :)

If you saw my E/N thread, you might know that's gonna be difficult for me. Now that I started using acronyms, it would cause me too much stress to be inconsistent and suddenly stop using them. Sorry to cause the readers at home potentially extra work, but everything's in order, so just make sure you're keeping up!

Wormskull posted:

This is the best idea I’ve ever heard of OP. Godspeed. ✝️

Blow posted:

The OP is free!

:boom:

I've been following all your threads btw. Maybe I'll post in one. (I guess I just did right now.)

I like your posting. It's very authentic and genuine.

Captain Hygiene posted:

OP, I just wanted to tell you: good luck, and we're all counting on you.

Thank you!
And thanks to the many other posters sending kind words!

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer
New thread is up! PYF Bad UI (Norman Doors)

Shadow0 fucked around with this message at 12:49 on Oct 15, 2022

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

6er jail

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

shoulda done FYAD last OP, I jumped the gun on the good outcome post

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

getting chain probed by positive post count fyad noob guy.... gah!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
They are toying with us as a cat toys with a mouse

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Lmao I really like the fact the OP is posting in-between his chain probes

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

BigBadSteve posted:

Quoting you from pages ago, OP, I'm still catching up... but a timely heads-up, pls be aware that some of us virtual basement dwellers (i.e. we rarely travel to subforums outside GBS) have little clue what most subforum-name-acronyms mean. LIke I know GBS, FYAD, QCS and E/N and that's about it. And I don't have time to look up each on the SAclopedia. So if you don't mind, when visiting each new subforum, would you pls say what the acrronym stands for, and state, in brief, the ostensible purpose of the forum ( e.g. FYAD:gently caress You And Die, trolling GBS and :circlefap:), k tia. :)

drat, I thought I was lazy. Also you could probably learn what the acronyms mean from the forum index, probably shave a lil time off looking at SAclopedia.

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

Also I want to bump the PYF thread before it gets pushed to the second page, but I don't remember any of the lovely UIs I've encountered off the top.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Passepartout needs to get the OP out of jail

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Y'know, Around the World in 80 Days probably would've been more interesting if there was a policeman constantly on his trail, attempting to briefly throw Fogg into jail at each stop, potentially derailing his master plan

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

especially if the cop was a jr. detective in his first posting, trying to impress his superiors

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

especially if the cop was a jr. detective in his first posting, trying to impress his superiors

Also he's reckless and if he doesn't shape up his act Athanatos will make him turn in his star

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Wow sounds like this thing goes all the way to the top

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

last year i rewrote something awful from scratch because i hate myself
if the OP doesn't get out on good behavior then gently caress it post another fyad thread. those lil baby bitches are lucky to have any more activity in that forum

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

last year i rewrote something awful from scratch because i hate myself
pls god nobody get qcs involved either

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

teen phone cutie posted:

no need. as the jr. detectiove has noted: "Actions. have. consequences."

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

teen phone cutie posted:

quote:

69 12/09 QCS: Questions, Comments, Suggestions

We don't get QCS until December!

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

delete fyad

free the OP

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

fyad javert has witnessed op's feat of strength and now suspects

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

do not forget his name

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Ok, so now I understand better how chain probations work. I thought I was in the clear when I was able to post this morning, but I guess they need to refresh them manually. Seems I'll be able to post here and there, fortunately.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

o7

godspeed OP

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer
You all wanted me to skip FYAD, but now look how much more exciting it is now!

Captain Hygiene posted:

Y'know, Around the World in 80 Days probably would've been more interesting if there was a policeman constantly on his trail, attempting to briefly throw Fogg into jail at each stop, potentially derailing his master plan

This is exactly what I thought too!

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer
📝 Travel update:

Many of the threads have begun to go quiet. Once they start leaving the first page, they'll likely be forgotten. It's nice having fewer things to maintain in the moment, but I still hope to see some of them reach a higher potential with time!

As I rolled up to FYAD, I'd by lying if I didn't say I wasn't nervous. I had developed my thread idea for FYAD early on while preparing for this journey. FYAD, more than any subforum, was somewhere I had lurked in the most, trying to understand their culture so that I might try to replicate it.
To the other posters, this place was something of a North Korea or Turkmenistan. I began to fill with doubt. I doubled up on my efforts to lurk.

But even if I could understand their culture, could I replicate it?

It seems not. I immediately stepped on the edge of the tatami, and was soon ejected from the subforum. I definitely feel a sense of failure. My thread shunted into their gas chamber.
The goal isn't simply to make threads. This would be simple. The goal is to make something that would belong there. And it seems my thread did not.
But further attempts to make something there would have only antagonized the natives, so I was forced to continue on my journey.
Can't help but wonder if some of my other ideas would have gone better. Looking through my notes, I had so many good ideas! "Why didn't I use this one... or that one?" Well, at least it's one less thread to maintain.

Maybe one day in the future, I will return. As I thought I was leaving their waters, I was suddenly ambushed. For what crime? I was told only, "Actions have consequences"? I'm not sure what rule I had broken, but the sentence was, fortunately, short.
I once again prepared to leave, though now with a much more sour taste in mouth. Perhaps I had just been unfortunate in the representatives I had run into. Perhaps my thread really did offend them. Had to say. For better or worse, I'm far less inclined now to ever return.

I then crossed the straits to calmer waters. I arrived in PYF and made my thread. Before long, a few locals came to participate.
Things are slow now, but I hope the thread there takes off; I feel like it has a lot of potential!

While I thought I had put FYAD behind me, it was then that I realized an emissary had followed me. Were they a rogue or did they represent the subforum in some capacity? It was hard to tell. They were nevertheless determined to get in my way, bent on causing me yet more trouble!
The way forward seems like it will be a bit more fraught with obstacles for some time now...

Shadow0 fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Nov 24, 2022

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

pitch your struggle to come up with a fyad thread to nathan fielder for a new season of the rehearsal

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Oh I can explain the rule you broke: you weren't funny my dude. It's that easy. Just be funny and you'll be fine.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Bad Purchase posted:

pitch your struggle to come up with a fyad thread to nathan fielder for a new season of the rehearsal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

KirbyKhan posted:

Oh I can explain the rule you broke: you weren't funny my dude. It's that easy. Just be funny and you'll be fine.

Then why isn't the rest of FYAD probated :confused: