Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rox
Sep 7, 2016

galenanorth posted:

It doesn't feel right that Lenny Loosejocks Goes Walkabout had its Wikipedia article deleted 10 years after the game was made and 14 years before its Steam re-release

despite beating lenny in space countless times, i dont think i ever managed to finish walkabout in one sitting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Waffleman_ posted:

So I've been working in the childrens/toys department of my store and I gotta look at these things all day and would you believe these are like...not the worst fashion doll designs we have in stock?

lord have mercy on us

this is hilarious though

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'm gonna do it Goons

https://i.imgur.com/yfdVMbJ.mp4

I'm gonna start Yakuza 3 this weekend

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

would you believe these are like...not the worst fashion doll designs we have in stock?

I assume that honor goes to either the baby unicorns you feed and shake to make them poo poo out slime for you to play with or the same brand's dress up dolls where the clothes are see-through plastic you fill with poop slime so it's the tim & eric diarrhea pants bit except for their entire outfit

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

this but unironically

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

Has a funko pop ever been possessed by a malevolent ghost?

All Funko Pops are possessed by a malevolent ghost. That ghost is late-stage capitalism. In this essay, I will-

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/wristbow/status/1578294668772536320?s=20&t=IcBnD1z10oShZuo7Xrokgw

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

how the hell do you even program this in lmao

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:psyduck: A multi-billion dollar game studio ladies and gentlemen

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Infinitum posted:

:psyduck: A multi-billion dollar game studio ladies and gentlemen

That's how you GET to be a multibillion dollar game studio! :capitalism:

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

i guess it's not that out there to not have a fully unified input manager, but i would've thought they'd have solved that within the six years the game's been out

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Vermain posted:

i guess it's not that out there to not have a fully unified input manager, but i would've thought they'd have solved that within the six years the game's been out

They did, and then they managed to unsolve it when rewriting poo poo for the sequel f2p patch.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

incredible

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Vermain posted:

how the hell do you even program this in lmao

assuming this is real (I kinda doubt it to be honest) then its absolutely intentional lol.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i dont think its intentional

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
i cant believe its not butter

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Games have a UI focus same as any other app. When you press a key it has to know ahead of time whether to send it to gameplay, menus, or chat input. Something is making it erroneously switch focus from chat to menu in the middle of typing. It’s a bug

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Prodeus got pulled off the eshop again, luckily I bought it before they did it and it plays fine, no gyro though unfortunately

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Stux posted:

i dont think its intentional

yeah it's 100% unintentional, it's just that they have two different input components that shouldn't be accepting inputs simultaneously but are

you normally try and have a manager that coordinates each input instance to avoid overlaps like that, but if that's not the way they did it then it's not incomprehensible that someone missed an event subscription somewhere when they were redoing stuff for F2P

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Blizzard's Cinematic Teams can do no wrongs tho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9acxn7qAST4

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Streets of Rogue is pretty fun.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The original COD also had a grim Russian campaign to take Berlin, it drew a lot upon the film Enemy at the Gates for its aesthetic.

It's been a while since I've played a COD, maybe I'll rent this new Modern Warfare 2 (2022)

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

Gaius Marius posted:

Streets of Rogue is pretty fun.

I like how much your playstyle can change based on the character you pick. Causing a primate rebellion as the Gorilla is my favorite.

And it looks like they sold well enough to warrant a sequel!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The original COD also had a grim Russian campaign to take Berlin, it drew a lot upon the film Enemy at the Gates for its aesthetic.

It's been a while since I've played a COD, maybe I'll rent this new Modern Warfare 2 (2022)

I did play the original COD years ago but I only really remember the Russian mission where you don't start with a gun and the gang of Polish tank lads

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

The Soviet levels in the first cod were very much a video game version of Enemy at the Gates in the same way Allied Assault pretty much recreated that beach scene from Saving Private Ryan.
The music when you cross the river in CoD while the planes are strafing you was real good. The main thing I remember CoD doing different was that it felt like you were part of a bigger army. The title of the game used to make sense godangit!

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
I remember during the Stalingard level there's a part where Soviet troops charge en masse at a German machine gun nest. You're suppose to follow your buddy around and flank it. If you're a good enough shot you can charge in with them and shoot dead the machine gunner. Hop over the nest and proceed with the level.

Such a rush when I pulled that off.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Finished Ori and the Will of the Wisps. It was... fine. Movement in these games feels really good to me, and the exploration bits were fun. I didn't 100% any areas but I'm glad that you eventually get movement abilities that trivialize any old puzzles you couldn't figure out. I just wish there'd been more and better bosses -- the emphasis on escape sequences as part of / instead of bosses did not feel great.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am staying at a small beach side town this weekend that looks like Silent Hill. It is super foggy and a air raid siren just went off lmao. RIP me.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

I said come in! posted:

I am staying at a small beach side town this weekend that looks like Silent Hill. It is super foggy and a air raid siren just went off lmao. RIP me.

They look like monsters to you?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Muscle Tracer posted:

Finished Ori and the Will of the Wisps. It was... fine. Movement in these games feels really good to me, and the exploration bits were fun. I didn't 100% any areas but I'm glad that you eventually get movement abilities that trivialize any old puzzles you couldn't figure out. I just wish there'd been more and better bosses -- the emphasis on escape sequences as part of / instead of bosses did not feel great.

Man I disagree completely about the bosses. The escape sequences are incredible, while I didn't really like the full boss fights like the frog. The sand worm chase is amazing

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

I said come in! posted:

Take pics!

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

galenanorth posted:

It doesn't feel right that Lenny Loosejocks Goes Walkabout had its Wikipedia article deleted 10 years after the game was made and 14 years before its Steam re-release

Lenny Loosejocks got a Steam re-release!?!? :eyepop:

rox
Sep 7, 2016

Dewgy posted:

Lenny Loosejocks got a Steam re-release!?!? :eyepop:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1723190/Lenny_Loosejocks_Goes_Walkabout/

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1967390/Lenny_Loosejocks_in_Space/

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
World at War:

gently caress the taking the Reichstag mission ughhhhh

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Macaluso posted:

Man I disagree completely about the bosses. The escape sequences are incredible, while I didn't really like the full boss fights like the frog. The sand worm chase is amazing

Yeah, to each their own -- I can see the appeal of platforming-based bosses in a platformer, like New Super Mario in a way.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

I said come in! posted:

dont worry according to creepypasta its only when the siren machine starts walking out of the forest that you need to run :v:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Muscle Tracer posted:

Yeah, to each their own -- I can see the appeal of platforming-based bosses in a platformer, like New Super Mario in a way.

I'm a big fan of chase sequences in games in general, and fast paced auto scrollers. The big rail section in the latter part of the new Ratchet and Clank game blew my head off

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Speaking of platformers I beat the klonoa collection today and when I went back to look at the originals for comparison I was shocked to learn they were PS1/2 games and not dreamcast games like I always thought for some reason (an impression that was reinforced when I got to this screen, a clear reference to the sega dreamcast - home of the klonoa series)

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Help Im Alive posted:

Speaking of platformers I beat the klonoa collection today and when I went back to look at the originals for comparison I was shocked to learn they were PS1/2 games and not dreamcast games like I always thought for some reason (an impression that was reinforced when I got to this screen, a clear reference to the sega dreamcast - home of the klonoa series)

Yeah, and they were both technical marvels for their time, K1 ran at 60fps on PSX and K2 ran at 60fp on PS2. Klonoa 2 is in the top 3 platformers for me, and Kingdom of Sorrow is my favorite platformer level ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Rarity posted:

They look like monsters to you?

worse… baby boomers.