Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Rarity posted:

Then why isn't the rest of FYAD probated :confused:

fyad has its own sense of humor, similar to reddit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Bad Purchase posted:

pitch your struggle to come up with a fyad thread to nathan fielder for a new season of the rehearsal

don't do this OP nathan will just make an identical copy of fyad to rehearse with and then there will be two fyads in the world.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Rarity posted:

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

thread city over here, heh

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Bad Purchase posted:

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Bad Purchase posted:

It's like portals

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

KirbyKhan posted:

Oh I can explain the rule you broke: you weren't funny my dude. It's that easy. Just be funny and you'll be fine.

I tried too hard to imitate them without making something I didn't want to have attached to this thread. It's not my style of comedy. It happens.
I don't think it's so easy you can just say "just be funny". FYAD has a specific style. And they're very clever and funny in their own way. But the funniest GBS or BYOB thread in the world might get gassed there.

Shadow0 fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Oct 7, 2022

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
Oh, and while I'm thinking about it and not probated:

The LP thread is coming up on Tuesday. I'm not sure if I can use that time just to announce when the LP will start or not. I want to give people time to join and to have it on a more favorable day and time. Tuesday is probably the best weekday for me, but I suspect a weekend day would be better for everyone.
I'm not sure I see any, but are live streams that get reuploaded to YouTube allowed? I've got the setup for streaming, but editing a video would take some time. I tried checking the rules thread and didn't see anything about it. But maybe I just missed it.
And I want to do something multiplayer with goons.

I had a few ideas, so I'll give people here a chance to weigh in on them or suggest something better:
Factorio: Biters for Resources mod - I saw someone stream this for their subscribers, but unfortunately the ending wasn't streamed. I kind of wanted to try it myself with an army of goons.
CK3 or EU4 (or maybe even HoI4 if someone wants to carry me): I've played a bit of CK3 and EU4. I'm no expert though. Could be fun to play with goons. Maybe we can have posters in the thread vote on policies. As long as we all agree to make a country of nudists.
Stardew Valley? Not a lot of room here for like diversity of play, but it's chill*. Depending on your relationship with the in-game clock.
Among Us: It's fun. Could be fun to play with goons.
Bloons TD6, Armello, Quiplash - I'm not sure.

Factorio was my leading idea. It's fun, supports a lot of people, has a clear end, and isn't too demanding or challenging.
What would goons like to see? Or should I have this be decided in the LP thread?

Edit: I forgot to mention, I have a capture card and a Switch so other options:
Super Mario Maker 2: Listen to me try to read all the titles in all the funny languages. It has a co-op and a competitive option.
Mario Party
Pokemon: Arceus - I'd have to buy it, but that's fine. I heard it's good. I do love the setting. Hopefully the Pokemon world equivalent of the Ainu get some recognition.

Shadow0 fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Oct 8, 2022

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

couple more let's play ideas:

- stream hades until you first successful escape. that's a great game, and watching a new player slowly progress and discover the bosses would be cool.

- elden ring, but not a full run if you've never played it before. maybe just beating godrick in stormveil, or rennala in liurnia for the first time. another one where watching a new player learn by dying over and over would be fun.

also, stardew is definitely a chill game to watch, but you need some kind of short term goal like reaching the bottom of the mines or marrying the goon (shane, because clint can't be married), because a full stardew playthrough where you complete the in game objectives is gonna be over 100 hours, especially if you do the new ginger island stuff. make sure you have some goal in mind.

factorio sounds fun. among us seems pretty stale at this point. i don't know enough about the other games to weigh in.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
If it is going to be a one time thing I think Among Us would be best burst of collaborative content.

If you want to do Factorio lettus play, I present my portfolio to you for co-chair

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yGwizeB-W4

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

KirbyKhan posted:

Oh I can explain the rule you broke: you weren't funny my dude. It's that easy. Just be funny and you'll be fine.

it's basically this. you dropped into a character instead of just being normal. if you'd have tried the joke as you instead of your fyad persona it may have gone over better

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

I added some more game ideas to the list in my previous post.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

you're past fyad tho now so not much to worry about now if you have no plans on going back

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

you're past fyad tho now so not much to worry about now if you have no plans on going back

I might come back much later. As I said, I had some other ideas. But for now, no sense heading right back in there or something. It's best to let things cool down for a bit.

I might PM some of the FYAD experts ITT my ideas if I do get around to :justpost:. Maybe then I can get some more concrete feedback than just "be funny", haha. I'd like to make a successful thread there.

Shadow0 fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Oct 8, 2022

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Shadow0 posted:

I might come back much later. As I said, I had some other ideas. But for now, no sense heading right back in there or something. It's best to let things cool down for a bit.

I might PM some of the FYAD experts ITT my ideas if I do get around to :justpost:. Maybe then I can get some more concrete feedback than just "be funny", haha. I'd like to make a successful thread there.

Genuine question: why?

I'm personally not into the fyad scene at all, as my exposure to it has been fyad being cruel, and that's not my humor at all. What do you see it as? Why do you want to fit in there?

Additionally, why did you use a slur? I know fyad's the slurs-allowed place, but why?

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

StrixNebulosa posted:

Additionally, why did you use a slur? I know fyad's the slurs-allowed place, but why?
When in Rome

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

wa27 posted:

When in Rome

I know I'm fairly uptight when it comes to issues like this, but I'm just not comfortable using slurs. This is part of why I don't go to fyad, I know I'm an extremely poor fit there.

Effective-Disorder
Nov 13, 2013
The real r-word is "Rome", now you know. Shame on you, and may satan have mercy upon all those who live in that city (Not the one in Italy.)

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

don't do this OP nathan will just make an identical copy of fyad to rehearse with and then there will be two fyads in the world.

He’d probably make a copy of the entire forum. Every active poster would have an actor studying their posting history so that they could post as them in the clone forum

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

StrixNebulosa posted:

I know I'm fairly uptight when it comes to issues like this, but I'm just not comfortable using slurs. This is part of why I don't go to fyad, I know I'm an extremely poor fit there.

The point of FYAD isn't to say the slur, it is just a thing that is allowed if it is funny. Most funny posts don't contain slurs.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

fyad is only interesting as a case study on end stage decorum. no consideration is given to content there, only that the standards and traditions of posting are observed.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

KirbyKhan posted:

The point of FYAD isn't to say the slur, it is just a thing that is allowed if it is funny. Most funny posts don't contain slurs.

yep. was allowed in gbs as well once upon a time but a lot of people just started doign the slur thing to say slurs. kind of why judicious punishment in fyad is important. irreverent comedy is okay, but if you're just there to say gray forums bad words then you've missed the point

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

kinda sick of talking about FYAD itt tbh

but one thought i was holding onto was that if my warning of OP becoming a fyad POW came true we could have had a fun situation where we enter negotiations with their leader to exchange one of their SA FYAD prisoners or another forum's land for OP's safe return

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Chrs posted:

He’d probably make a copy of the entire forum. Every active poster would have an actor studying their posting history so that they could post as them in the clone forum

I'd be okay with this

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

beep by grandpa posted:

kinda sick of talking about FYAD itt tbh

It's just a forum, goons.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Literally A Person posted:

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Rarity posted:

humour us subjective. gotta play to your audience.

also all chain probations eventually end. wait for next IK contest to rotate people in and out. but this thread is gonna Streisand Effect the OP into an eterna cross-forum chain probe... which would be kinda funny

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

jesus christ

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

symbolic posted:

jesus christ

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

getting my popcorn ready for when byob rips op to shreds this weekend

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Rarity posted:

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

symbolic posted:

jesus christ

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Bad Purchase posted:

lol

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

Bad Purchase posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90AITvzAyEQ

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

OPs jumping straight into the endgame secret bosses at LVL1 instead of leveling first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
i'm enjoying the thoughtful travel log entries OP