Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

idk the 1 second of aoe invincibility seems cool if you know how to use it effectively (i do not)

dont forget its also an aoe cleanse! thats the real power behind that skill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9acxn7qAST4

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
am i understanding this correctly:
the OW1 lootbox skins can now only be unlocked by spending 'legacy credits', i.e. leftover gold from OW1 that got converted into a new currency
there is no way to way to ever get any more legacy credits (it's different from the new gold coin currency which they hand out 60/wk from weekly missions and sell for realmoney)

once you spend what you have it's gone forever and you will never be able to unlock an OW1 legendary skin again

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

The little girl with the axe should've been Kiriko's ultimate. Have her drop into the match like Bob does for Ashe.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

SorePotato posted:

The new healer feels lame and boring but I guess it's hard to compete with Lucio

Why do people hate lucio? I like him quite a bit

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
So what do people prefer to play, role queue or open queue?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

The Slack Lagoon posted:

becuz they are punks

lucio is one of my absolute favorite characters to play

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

am i understanding this correctly:
the OW1 lootbox skins can now only be unlocked by spending 'legacy credits', i.e. leftover gold from OW1 that got converted into a new currency
there is no way to way to ever get any more legacy credits (it's different from the new gold coin currency which they hand out 60/wk from weekly missions and sell for realmoney)

once you spend what you have it's gone forever and you will never be able to unlock an OW1 legendary skin again

OW1 skins and other cosmetics will be in the shop on rotation.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Kwolok posted:

I'm having a lot of fun in role queue

we've all just been hanging out in silence for 17 minutes so far

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

DoctorJones posted:

it's hilarious they rolled back moira's enfeebling orb from beta. i still believe she's the best dps in the game.

Yeah, just messing around in quickplay with nerds, but they def got dunked on. Also, good, i'd rather have this orb from both a playing as and against perspective of Moira.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
screenshot for ants

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Instant login today so that's neat

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

I would like to try playing but every time I open OW2 it asks for my email and password, and then my authenticator code, and then it goes to connect to the server, then asks for the information again. Seems like there are a good amount of people who have this issue, and of course there's no mention from blizzard that it's a problem or any solution out there. Great!

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

CuddleCryptid posted:

Instant login today so that's neat

you can buy things but good luck playing, this has been my experience today:

Thumbtacks posted:

i have been in an any role quickplay queue for 15 minutes, is the game just broken

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Vermain posted:

kiriko is the healer you pick if you want to mechanically flex, in that you have absurd damage for a healer if you can land consistent kunai headshots which is far easier said than done with how slow the fuckers travel and how small their hitbox is

you're otherwise better off playing literally anyone else

Her healing output is poor, and the kunais (which definitely also are hard to hit with) are just rather inconsistent in general. She has a lot of utility though. I think her biggest strength is to play her with a hero like genji or tracer and set up a dive or flank with them using the TP, then TPing back out after you get a kill or are in too deep. The problem I see with her is that the teleport doesn't necessarily put you where you want to be relative to the character you are teleporting to. If there were some way to choose which side (front or back) of the target you teleport to, it would be a big QoL. The invulerability is REALLY good. The ult is goodish but janky (being blocked by stuff like mei ice blocks is a bad design decision).

verbal enema posted:

dont forget its also an aoe cleanse! thats the real power behind that skill

A good way to look at the ability is that it essentially applies reaper's fade effect on everyone for a second. It does more than cleanse and prevent damage as it also displaces your hitboxes (for non-heals), which has some important interactions. I don't know if it gets you out of a JR trap, but I think it gets you out of grav/cryo/etc.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

BabyRyoga posted:

A good way to look at the ability is that it essentially applies reaper's fade effect on everyone for a second. It does more than cleanse and prevent damage as it also displaces your hitboxes (for non-heals), which has some important interactions. I don't know if it gets you out of a JR trap, but I think it gets you out of grav/cryo/etc.

oh nice that kicks rear end

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

Inept posted:

you can buy things but good luck playing, this has been my experience today:

Yeah, I can’t reliably find a game right now.

Looks like there’s some more primetime downtime coming tonight, too.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
played with mei enough that i'm getting the hang of how to play her without freezing people, it kinda sucks not being able to do it but the fact that all her poo poo pierces now is really nice. definitely some maps that do not favor her though, so i can't be obnoxious and one trick it again

sojourn is absolutely cancer though, i hope they make some adjustments because this is dogshit to play against

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
also for some reason competitive maps seem to have a much lower queue, and people actually try instead of going for dumb solo kills (most of the time)

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Lucio is one of 2-3 fun characters
After playing this game for a bit it actually feels even worse than ow1 which is very impressive

Proven
Aug 8, 2007

Lurker

Kwolok posted:

Because if Arcade I’ve been doing a lot of Open Queue. It’s not as bad as I thought it would be. It’s also like OW1 where most people try to stick to 1-2-2, but even if the enemy team goes a second tank it usually means that a ranged DPS like Sojourn, Soldier, or Hanzo can just plink away at them from a flank and they can’t do much. My friend playing Zenyatta all the time probably helps too.

Edit: My only issue with Lucio is that him or Zen are always meta and I don’t have as much fun with them as other people do. I like actively healing and those two supports heal the most passively.

Proven fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Oct 8, 2022

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

teagone posted:

OW1 skins and other cosmetics will be in the shop on rotation.

the realmoney shop? :smith:

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Passive healing + weapon is really hard to hit reliably with, especially while moving.

He's not bad, he just is hard to play.

DoctorJones
Apr 28, 2003

Fortune and Glory.

BabyRyoga posted:

Yeah, just messing around in quickplay with nerds, but they def got dunked on. Also, good, i'd rather have this orb from both a playing as and against perspective of Moira.

https://i.imgur.com/WjwzH6A.mp4
i love her so much. most games just feel so unfair what you can get away with

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

DoctorJones posted:

You essentially punish the enemy team for being bad and not dealing with her more than any other healer in terms of raw numbers. But at diamond or masters and above she starts to fall off because its way less likely you can put yourself in risky positions to DPS and still live. Even players in plat will probably hit most of their shots if you test them too much, they just have much shittier positional awareness.

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

TenementFunster posted:

she’s a fictional character! millions upon millions of real people speak multiple languages without a noticeable accent regardless of their place of birth. someone in middle age should not find this remarkable.

you know blizzard had a meeting about the potential downsides of speaking unaccented american english vs. asking a voice actor to Do A Full Metal Jacket

also butthurt that in JP version of OW2, Kiriko is voiced by Fairouz Ai and i can’t pick that as an option.

:lol:ing at this post now that her video is up and every other character in it has a Do A Full Metal Jacket accent.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Finally got in and played a few matches.

Either I got real rusty with Wrecking Ball and the old "ambush bomb the back line" stuff doesnt work with the new playstyle or he kind of sucks. The new maps also feel a bit too, I dunno, cluttered(?) when it comes to grappling and moving around.

Baptiste felt awful to play too. Longer healing cooldowns and limited heal charges just cant compete with Mercy or Moira. At least the death preventer has an actual HP bar now instead of dying in one hit.

Sojourn is fun, even in the hands of a terrible player like me, but in a game with super exaggerated voice lines she sounds like the least Canadian person ever. That sucks more than anything else they added or removed. :colbert:

e: She has a ketchup chips spray. OK, I can work with this.

Furnaceface fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Oct 8, 2022

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

DoctorJones posted:

https://i.imgur.com/WjwzH6A.mp4

yeah!

https://i.imgur.com/U044TLC.mp4

aw howd u get urs to embed

yay

verbal enema fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Oct 8, 2022

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

Teddybear posted:

I would like to try playing but every time I open OW2 it asks for my email and password, and then my authenticator code, and then it goes to connect to the server, then asks for the information again. Seems like there are a good amount of people who have this issue, and of course there's no mention from blizzard that it's a problem or any solution out there. Great!

i'm having the same problem.

this is probably the worst launch of a blizzard game i can remember. Diablo 3 has now moved down to second-worst.

thanks for reading my post namaste

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Do I really have to purchase the battle pass to play Kiriko? That's absurd, you can't even unlock her normally.

Splinter
Jul 4, 2003
Cowabunga!

Thumbtacks posted:

Do I really have to purchase the battle pass to play Kiriko? That's absurd, you can't even unlock her normally.

You can unlock her without paying, it's at BP level 55 IIRC

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Thumbtacks posted:

No, all new heroes starting with Kiriko are on the free battle pass track, they're just gated behind 54 battle pass tiers. So if you are a NEW player, i.e., you've never played OW, owned OW, and just installed after OW2 release, you either grind to unlock or you pay for the new hero outright. Returning players who owned OW1 before June 23, 2022 and log in before the first battle pass season of OW2 ends (in ~60 days now) get instant access to Kiriko for free.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Thumbtacks posted:

there are exactly 3 non-filler levels on the free-tier battlepass and she is one of them, at level 55 (alongside skins at levels 10 and 70)
buying the battlepass means you get her instantly at level 1 instead of after the multi-week grind to hit level 55

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
ah okay. still dumb but whatever, at least she doesn't look like the kind of hero i'd enjoy playing anyway

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Overwatch has apparently forgotten that I've been playing for years and I'm restricted to a handful of heroes and given a message that I must unlock the others. This is especially annoying given I've been playing as those other characters in OW2 up until now.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Is anyone else having an issue where they're getting shafted with what must be the TFUE? My hero pool and my buddy's just shrunk to babby mode all of a sudden today. Both of us are OW1 owners, and I can play as the anime catgirl so the game is well aware that I collected the founders pack.

Normal QP is effected, but it wasn't in open role :shrug:

E: Well apparently while I was slowly typing that someone else posted the same problem

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
i love moira

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Yeah i had that problem only in comp yesterday and then today had it in qp. Logging out and back in fixes it but calling it a fix when the times to login are so massive is a sick joke

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
I relogged and it didn't help, so maybe I just don't play more today. Helps keep the queue down for everybody!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
Gosh, playing as Zenyatta against Sojourn sure does suck major rear end.