Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

Mantis42 posted:

I put on The Stuff instead. Much better movie.

just watched this and Q: The Winged Serpent for the first time last week. turns out Larry Cohen movies are amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

i say swears online posted:

i should watch The Rock again
it whips rear end. easily one of my favorite top 25 movies, and favorite bay movie. pain & gain is my second favorite, it's obscenely good.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
When we stumbled on Cat People on TV one time (how loving long ago?) I started watching it for a laugh, but it's genuinely a good, interesting movie

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Fleetwood posted:

just watched this and Q: The Winged Serpent for the first time last week. turns out Larry Cohen movies are amazing

Yup!

starkebn posted:

When we stumbled on Cat People on TV one time (how loving long ago?) I started watching it for a laugh, but it's genuinely a good, interesting movie

The og or the 80s remake? I made the OG CDs movie of the month this month!

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

i say swears online posted:

i should watch The Rock again

this is always true, for everyone

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Justin Tyme posted:

All what that guy said vs "no he won't"

They prolly could have saved a bunch of money by casting the guy who does the mario voice that is known and beloved worldwide to play as the voice of mario but I'm not a big brain movie exec

If you go by the mario bro movie logic, Ariel should have been the other white actress with eyes really far apart.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Fried Watermelon posted:

I guess when people forget what he did

and all the chud poo poo he continues to do and say yeah maybe then.

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Fleetwood posted:

I gotta take my birth control pill

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Mark Wahlberg is a good loving actor and I'm just waiting for the internet consensus to come around to loving him instead of thinking he's just some meathead

he's a slightly above average actor

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Mark Wahlberg is a good loving actor and I'm just waiting for the internet consensus to come around to loving him instead of thinking he's just some meathead

Missed this.... lmao

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Mark Wahlberg was good in the departed, I just don't know if I'd call that acting.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
so just got caught up on Andor, this has no right being as good as it is, I’m legit shocked

Like Mando is a fun romp that I’ve enjoyed but this elevated way above that, so bizarre.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Koirhor posted:

so just got caught up on Andor, this has no right being as good as it is, I’m legit shocked

Like Mando is a fun romp that I’ve enjoyed but this elevated way above that, so bizarre.

if anyone likes star wars in theory but not practice, it's time to dive in to andor

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

indigi posted:

he's a slightly above average actor

More hits than misses yeah

vez veces
Dec 15, 2006

The engineer blew the whistle,
and the fireman rung the bell.
Wahlburg is a fun meathead who makes me eat popcorn.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
he's not that fun

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
The way he says the line "totally superfluous bottle of cough syrup" in The Happening is good

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

saw a guy on the plane last night do constant ten second jumps on rings of power whenever people werent talking and im not sure whether to attribute this to rings of power itself or the way people do media consumption in general these days

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

that was me. the dialogue is my favorite part

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

going to guess that if Andor actually is good (I don’t have d+ lol and I’m too lazy to torrent it) I’m going to guess that it’s only so because disney-lucasfilm was too busy breathing down peoples necks for obi wan and mando s3 to gently caress with it, same way as mando s1 escaped scrutiny

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Some Guy TT posted:

saw a guy on the plane last night do constant ten second jumps on rings of power whenever people werent talking and im not sure whether to attribute this to rings of power itself or the way people do media consumption in general these days

Love to consume my visual media solely through audio. Good thing they spent a billion dollars making the world's most expensive radio play

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Wahlberg is really good at playing the straight man to a legendary comedic talent (The Other Guys, Ted) and kind of good at playing an in-over-his-head idiot (Boogie Nights, Pain & Gain). every other role is replacement level at best, and he's a terrible action lead

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

indigi posted:

a legendary comedic talent (Ted)

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Seth MacFarlane is a legendary VA, idk that there's any way to argue otherwise even though I don't watch any of his shows

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

going to guess that if Andor actually is good (I don’t have d+ lol and I’m too lazy to torrent it) I’m going to guess that it’s only so because disney-lucasfilm was too busy breathing down peoples necks for obi wan and mando s3 to gently caress with it, same way as mando s1 escaped scrutiny

At this point that's basically a given for anything Disney Star Wars to turn out good. Disney's never been particularly good at live action anything, even before they got terminally online.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

andor being good makes it all the more special

i say swears online has issued a correction as of 18:12 on Oct 8, 2022

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
I think the argument is that everyone should assume a Disney Star Wars thing will be bad until proven otherwise (the correct point of view)

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

Wahlberg literally did a hate crime, he's one of those celebs where it strikes me as wild he has work at all

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
I'm just gonna wait until everyone agrees andor is bad and then feel confident in my decision to never watch it.

Worked for mandalorian

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

A single TIE fighter was menacing on Andor in a way I don’t think it’s ever been before. The Imperial Navy and Security Services seem to be real institutions, in a real state, which makes them scarier than cartoons doing evil for its own sake. Mon Mothma’s kid resents her, for totally understandable reasons, that’s not something you’d expect to see in the setting.

It’s a very different treatment of the material.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Doc Fission posted:

Wahlberg literally did a hate crime, he's one of those celebs where it strikes me as wild he has work at all

yeahhhhh. he did several that he admitted to/got caught for. some poo poo you really shouldn't get second or more chances for and the known stuff he did was pretty fuckin bad.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

i havent watched a new star wars property since the prequels but the ads for Andor are the first thatve made me go "maybe i'll give these star boys another shot"

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Cuttlefush posted:

yeahhhhh. he did several that he admitted to/got caught for. some poo poo you really shouldn't get second or more chances for and the known stuff he did was pretty fuckin bad.

wasn't he a teenager when he did that poo poo? I disagree with "no second chances" generally but especially when it comes to children

e: although idk that Wahlberg ever did anything to atone for his actions, which is bad

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
he literally asked for a pardon for his hate crimes a few years ago

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Mon Mothma’s husband having a dinner party with his Regimental pals is something that makes the Empire seem way more idk tangible (?) to me, because I grew up at dinner parties listening to old soldiers talk about their time in Malaya. Empire is evil, sure, but the Old Boys network of soldiers and politicians at the heart of it get together to drink port and reminisce about their adventures as young subalterns or midshipmen. Of course there would be guys like this in the Empire, Empire creates guys like this, but I wouldn’t have expected to see it in Star Wars.

It’s a great touch.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
i would pay a lot of money to just make star wars stop existing and stop happening

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Ghost Leviathan posted:

At this point that's basically a given for anything Disney Star Wars to turn out good. Disney's never been particularly good at live action anything, even before they got terminally online.

Con Air is my favorite Disney movie.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Frosted Flake posted:

Mon Mothma’s husband having a dinner party with his Regimental pals is something that makes the Empire seem way more idk tangible (?) to me, because I grew up at dinner parties listening to old soldiers talk about their time in Malaya. Empire is evil, sure, but the Old Boys network of soldiers and politicians at the heart of it get together to drink port and reminisce about their adventures as young subalterns or midshipmen. Of course there would be guys like this in the Empire, Empire creates guys like this, but I wouldn’t have expected to see it in Star Wars.

It’s a great touch.

mothma family is extremely well-written and their condo fuckin' rules

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Doc Fission posted:

he looks like a guy that commits hate crimes, so hollywood gives him a pass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noita
Oct 2, 2022

by Hand Knit
The Rock is the best Bond movie