Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

grieving for Gandalf posted:

it's harder to be a bitch in this game when everyone can see everyone else's stats

Had one guy in the beta piss and moan about how our healers were never healing until he eventually said "lol look 2k healing done for each". I looked at the scoreboard and they each had 2k damage and 12k+ healing. I pointed this out and his response was that it FELT like 2k healing!!

The freaks find a way to be freaks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorJones
Apr 28, 2003

Fortune and Glory.
i've had one in three competitive games where the team was using comms. it's kind of forced me to use the dumb ping system. middle mouse button is kind of awkward depending on the hero, so i may need to find a new bind for it.

here's a guide to using chat:

1. did you steam roll the other team? if yes, type "close game" or "close round" in all chat

2. did you win your game? if yes, type "izi pizi" in all chat.

3. is the game over? type "gj team" in team chat to farm endorsement points.

if other team gets mad at and curses you out for your bad manners, then report them for abusive chat.

i hope this has been helpful.

Rebus
Jan 18, 2006

Meanwhile, somewhere in Grove, work begins on next season's Williams F1 car...

DoctorJones posted:

1. did you steam roll the other team? if yes, type "close game" or "close round" in all chat

A personal favourite is:
Thanks for making it quick, I really need to poo

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

it's harder to be a bitch in this game when everyone can see everyone else's stats

Some DPSer was bitching in voice chat about how our team was useless, when I was playing competitive yesterday, so I took a peek at the stats, turns out that I've had done more damage than him while simultaneously having the most heals out of all 4 supports.
That shut him up real quick.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
OK, I was able to log in immediately and my Watchpoint pack is now appearing. Seems like the fixes yesterday worked pretty well.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I'm trying to sign in on PS5 and it's immediately kicking me out with a LC-208, like before the account merge fix. I swear to God

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Got accused of throwing matches because when I could finally get into the game, I couldn't move. The lag was so bad I couldn't see who I was playing in Mystery Heroes until I got shot. Am sure others are having similar problems?

Also, how do you see what damage and healing your teammates are doing in game? One DPS had something like 300, according to some angry teammate in chat, but I wonder if the dude was having similar issues to me: shooting blindly seconds after I hit the shoot button. Spray and pray takes on a new meaning when you're literally spinning in circles or releasing rockets against a wall.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Cowslips Warren posted:

Also, how do you see what damage and healing your teammates are doing in game? One DPS had something like 300, according to some angry teammate in chat, but I wonder if the dude was having similar issues to me: shooting blindly seconds after I hit the shoot button. Spray and pray takes on a new meaning when you're literally spinning in circles or releasing rockets against a wall.

Press tab on PC.

It shows kills/assists/deaths and Damage/Heal/Mitigate for each team member for both teams.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

I'm trying to sign in on PS5 and it's immediately kicking me out with a LC-208, like before the account merge fix. I swear to God

Same and so are lots of other people. I really don’t understand how this merged account poo poo is so complicated.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
i dont know if im just dogshit at aiming or if theres a setting i hosed up but i swear if i aim for the head or body i just always miss. am i supposed to lead shots or something, i thought most guns in this were hitscan from what i remember

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Game is working great on PC finally.

Getting some gigantic exp boosts from doing cool things like healing a bunch without dieing.

Got 11060 from 1 match and I didn't even have my 20% wife bonus.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Can I please get to loving see everyone's rankings again?
Or is it that important that I don't see how they relaxed the matchmaking requirements because they couldn't figure a proper way to fix the queue times for DPS players?

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
Man push si a truly terrible game mode. You can get a full team wipe on defense and it means literally nothing because by the time you finish walking the robot back the entire enemy team has spawned.

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

If you miss the gambling boxes you can relive the fun by queuing support and rolling the dice on whether or not your team is a bunch of lobotomized lab rats jumping around on little rat keyboards with the hope of receiving little pieces of cheddar

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

SorePotato posted:

If you miss the gambling boxes you can relive the fun by queuing support and rolling the dice on whether or not your team is a bunch of lobotomized lab rats jumping around on little rat keyboards with the hope of receiving little pieces of cheddar

Hey now, no need to be extreme here. I'm pretty sure rats would do a much better job.

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

I finally got past the queue monster and played this game. It's fun. I like that it's closer to an actual shooter now, and not all about abilities doing the work.

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Also I did qp any role and it was fun. I liked having an excuse to play somebody different each round.

DoctorJones
Apr 28, 2003

Fortune and Glory.
is there an overbuff or tracker.gg -esque site working for ow2 yet?

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Kwolok posted:

Man push si a truly terrible game mode. You can get a full team wipe on defense and it means literally nothing because by the time you finish walking the robot back the entire enemy team has spawned.

Yeah, can't believe all the cool 2CP maps died for this crap.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

All I really want back is 2cp defending against double shield with stuns.

HOW I YEARN FOR THE DAYS OF THE PAST.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
initial impressions: i like the new sound design

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Hypnolobster posted:

All I really want back is 2cp defending against double shield with stuns.

HOW I YEARN FOR THE DAYS OF THE PAST.

We never knew how good we had it

Chinatown posted:

initial impressions: i like the new sound design

Even Pharah's rockets?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

adhuin posted:

Press tab on PC.

It shows kills/assists/deaths and Damage/Heal/Mitigate for each team member for both teams.

Awesome, thanks.

I miss having two tanks but loving hell, Junker Queen does not look like a tank, and Orisa is a beast.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Jack Trades posted:

Can I please get to loving see everyone's rankings again?
Or is it that important that I don't see how they relaxed the matchmaking requirements because they couldn't figure a proper way to fix the queue times for DPS players?

Rankings were useless for comparison. Tab is best way to judge who is popping and who is not:

Got carried hard by DPS moira last game. She was also the saltiest player in the lobby.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Did they severely nerf the splash damage on Symmetra's secondary fire? I used to be able to treat it like a rocket launcher and do a bunch of damage by aiming at people's feet and I feel like that's just not helping as much.

(Absolutely love the faster turret travel though.)

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i mentioned this during the beta but i like how they made everyone a little more psycho in their various kill/assist/etc lines. though hearing Lucio be like "wow i just loving blasted your brains all over the pavement lmao" when he gets a headshot elim and then during round start he'll say "boy i love my friends in Overwatch, created by blizzard entertainment :)" and it sorta kills it. let them be psychos, i dont need to hear the characters fawning over each other for 30 seconds before every match

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

adhuin posted:

Rankings were useless for comparison. Tab is best way to judge who is popping and who is not:

I want to know whether or not the opposite team is higher combined rank than my team or not?
In OW1 it would do a lovely job matchmaking but at least you could see when it did that.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Hm, is the railgun hero any good? She feels pretty mediocre

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Zzulu posted:

Sojourn? She's pretty fuckin good right now, probably really OP even. The only downside I can think of from playing her, is that her ult is kinda situational cause it's not just an instagib button

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

sojourn's pretty versatile and her AoE field is a huge loving pain to deal with. she's a more controller-y S76 and it's hard to say no to that

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
What the hell is mitigate, damage done to your barrier and other such?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Zzulu posted:

She is good at finishing off targets. If you can burst down a light enemy by half with normal fire then you can finish with the rail before they try to run for help or cover.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Jack B Nimble posted:

What the hell is mitigate, damage done to your barrier and other such?

damage to barriers and anything that was mitigated by increased DR ala nano boost. not sure if it applies to temp invulns/blocks, although i'd imagine not since it would wildly inflate the number

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

low calorie is not the be all and end-all of health
a 7'3" gorilla who spends his days leaping 30 feet into the air and going berserk to punch people in the face has slightly different calorie requirements than a sedentary overwatch gamer

and even without that, 600 calories of peanut butter is still gonna be healthier than 600 calories of chips or donuts or instant noodles.

get his rear end

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Oh man, you earn 60 currency per week? So that's 240 per month.. A legendary skin is 1900. So if you grind every week that's 7 months and 3 weeks for a legendary skin. And since I like to take breaks from games that's most like 1 year + before I can get ONE skin for ONE hero

I guess zero new skins for me :negative:

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Man I have never felt like a more out of touch boomer gamer than with this whole kerfuffle about skins. Skins are dumb. Man shoot is smart.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Zzulu posted:

If there was an overperforming DPS hero right now it's her.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

KrunkMcGrunk posted:

Man I have never felt like a more out of touch boomer gamer than with this whole kerfuffle about skins. Skins are dumb. Man shoot is smart.

I've never cared for skins either cause you still end up looking exactly like 2000 other people. if i could actually customize my character like wow or whatever, i'd care, but not for skins.

Sailor Dave
Sep 19, 2013
The skins don't matter that much, but it's also a completely pointless progression system that will never let you get anything from f2p even if you played all day every day for months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xgalaxy
Jan 27, 2004
i write code

DrBox posted:

No it's still correct. The hack locks out abilities for a bit.

Maybe there is a bug but I've noticed it will not lock out abilities that they are already doing?
Or maybe it doesn't disrupt ultimates I dunno. I've hacked several people right at their ultimate and it didn't do anything.