Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Why the gently caress is Hot Wheels Unleashed so hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

what was the game that was on VGs GOTY list last(?) year that was a first person game in like the middle ages/medieval era. it was a mod of some other game that became its own game and had a mechanic gimmick having to do with solving puzzles or something? i occasionally think about how it was described and it seems intriguing but i can never remember the title and google doesn't help

CAR CRASH CRACKERS
Jan 13, 2008

commemorative spoons and tiny personalized license plates: the regalia of tourism

ShoogaSlim posted:

what was the game that was on VGs GOTY list last(?) year that was a first person game in like the middle ages/medieval era. it was a mod of some other game that became its own game and had a mechanic gimmick having to do with solving puzzles or something? i occasionally think about how it was described and it seems intriguing but i can never remember the title and google doesn't help

The forgotten city.

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

Augus posted:

the AI in Hot Wheels feels really badly tuned. On easy they're a complete and total cake walk to the point that you'll basically never see them but if you bump it up to medium they instantly become stupidly hard. The front racers almost never make mistakes while the racers further back are so insanely aggressive they will literally drive themselves off of the track trying to get in your way.

I had played the game rather shortly after its release and noticed this same exact thing. I thought they'd have patched it by now but I guess not. That's too bad

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

CAR CRASH CRACKERS posted:

The forgotten city.

hell yeah ty for the quick help

is it really any good?

acksplode
May 17, 2004

It's very good.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Super Hot? More like Super Not Very Interesting or Fun.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

ShoogaSlim posted:

hell yeah ty for the quick help

is it really any good?

Yeah it slaps

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Is tinykin on ps? Its real good. So good you gonna say its too short/doesnt fully explore its potential.
Its freakin great i recommend.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

one of the earliest signs that ME3 is in trouble when you first play it is that Udina is clearly The Bad Choice that probably less than 20% of players picked and yet the plot just goes "yeah he's still the council member now anderson retired or something I dunno"

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

acksplode posted:

It's very good.

Escobarbarian posted:

Yeah it slaps

true. might buy it.

still gotta pick tunic back up after neglecting it for about a week. i really love it, but got stuck after the second boss and a little frustrated about backtracking. im sure once i put a little more effort in ill be back in the fun zone with it

i also recently beat my bloodborne replay and i kinda wanna just ng+ and keep going, but i should tackle sekiro to complete the miyazaki saga

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Thirding The Forgotten City. You're right, it used to be an Oblivion mod before it got turned into its own little thing. Pretty great walk-and-talk adventure game, interesting storyline that, importantly, has a pretty good ending, too. You can finish the whole thing in a long afternoon if you get at it, though, I think it took me 7 hours altogether.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Skyrim mod

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

In Tunic am I supposed to find the shield early on? Where tf is that thing and what do I do after killing the first boss?

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Blind Rasputin posted:

In Tunic am I supposed to find the shield early on? Where tf is that thing and what do I do after killing the first boss?

You're done with the forest? The big tuning fork you rang is a bell, you need to ring the second bell. It's located to the west. You can get the shield now by exploring the hub overworld area.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Frankston posted:

I dunno but it’s not very fun. Kind of making me want to buy the forza hot wheels dlc which looks way cooler.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Escobarbarian posted:

I was in the same room as Timothee Chalamet earlier

There was a LOT of screaming

Ask him about his 360 yt channel and how lucas hedges is better on screen than him

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Wolfsheim posted:

one of the earliest signs that ME3 is in trouble when you first play it is that Udina is clearly The Bad Choice that probably less than 20% of players picked and yet the plot just goes "yeah he's still the council member now anderson retired or something I dunno"

Makes sense with what they wanted to do with anderson but they could have probably handled it better

Undina is the default choice tho if you dont import into me2 lol

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Frankston posted:

Lol yeah I struggled to place even third in the first proper race race then deleted it out of spite

Maybe it actually expected you start on easy until you got better cars

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Vikar Jerome posted:

Makes sense with what they wanted to do with anderson but they could have probably handled it better

Undina is the default choice tho if you dont import into me2 lol

All the non-import choices being the worst ones possible is a just punishment for anyone who skipped ME1 :colbert:

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Sakurazuka posted:

Lol yeah I struggled to place even third in the first proper race race then deleted it out of spite

Maybe it actually expected you start on easy until you got better cars

I got to the third race and did this exact thing. I want to collect the cars but I asked myself the question, "You can get good enough to win these races but is it fun enough that you want to?" and the answer was a resounding no.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I was surprised to see Let it Die of all things featured at the top of the PS Store in tyool 2022. so I downloaded and actually thought it felt pretty good in the tutorial before actually playing and realizing it’s a loving battle royale game.

I even tried to give it a shot and it wouldn’t even be that bad but just having a single death, being eliminated in seconds, and then having to wait a full 5 minutes for the next round just makes it trash.

Speaking of things people need to let die it’s all these loving BR games no one is asking for. I would have given a proper LID a fair shake but this poo poo just got surgically removed from my SSD after 3 rounds.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Oct 8, 2022

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Wolfsheim posted:

All the non-import choices being the worst ones possible is a just punishment for anyone who skipped ME1 :colbert:

I’m really looking forward to setting aside some time for a ME1-ME3 run. They’re fantastic games and I never even got around to ME3 for whatever reason.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

I was surprised to see Let it Die of all things featured at the top of the PS Store in tyool 2022. so I downloaded and actually thought it felt pretty good in the tutorial before actually playing and realizing it’s a loving battle royale game.

I even tried to give it a shot and it wouldn’t even be that bad but just having a single death, being eliminated in seconds, and then having to wait a full 5 minutes for the next round just makes it trash.

Speaking of things people need to let die it’s all these loving BR games no one is asking for.

I think the BR stuff is a new update that's something like a sequel, hence the promoted store placement. I played Let It Die for one evening back when it launched and it was more like a bad grindy Souls ripoff.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah I played the original for like 2-3 hours when it launched and it was mediocre, but there was some interesting aspects. I assumed the thing in the store was some sort of major update so I was like "hey why not it's F2P" and honestly it looks and feels ok but oof. yet another doomed BR piece of poo poo.

I mean, thats on me for not reading up on it first, but it still sucks because I would have given a proper sequel or update a shot since I was actually enjoying the mechanics, but I'm not gonna play this poo poo with a 4 to 1 menus to actual game ratio.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Real hurthling! posted:

Is tinykin on ps? Its real good. So good you gonna say its too short/doesnt fully explore its potential.
Its freakin great i recommend.

Pretty sure I saw it on the store front page while I was browsing last night, but also was tired and zombified

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

veni veni veni posted:

Yeah I played the original for like 2-3 hours when it launched and it was mediocre, but there was some interesting aspects. I assumed the thing in the store was some sort of major update so I was like "hey why not it's F2P" and honestly it looks and feels ok but oof. yet another doomed BR piece of poo poo.

I mean, thats on me for not reading up on it first, but it still sucks because I would have given a proper sequel or update a shot since I was actually enjoying the mechanics, but I'm not gonna play this poo poo with a 4 to 1 menus to actual game ratio.

Is this the new Let It Die or did they patch the original in a complete overhaul?

The original game was a soulsish roguelike dungeon crawler, very janky but it had a huge level of Dreamcast-ish charm to it. Never spent a dollar but I put a ton of hours into it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It’s a whole new game I think

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

what even is Gotham Knights? my buddy said he pre-ordered it and it's coop with 3 Robinson (Grayson, Drake and Todd) plus Oracle?

is it still Rocksteady combat?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Pretty sure I saw it on the store front page while I was browsing last night, but also was tired and zombified

Its chibi robo+pikmin with no time limits, no combat, and amazing level design

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Real hurthling! posted:

I can gently caress with that :hai:

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Shrecknet posted:

what even is Gotham Knights? my buddy said he pre-ordered it and it's coop with 3 Robinson (Grayson, Drake and Todd) plus Oracle?

is it still Rocksteady combat?

No, all the previews say the combat is very average and the main problem is all your attacks hit like wet feathery noodles so generic mooks take an absolute beating to defeat, and this charges up a special attack you will then use to take like a third of a health bar off a slightly stronger mook before going back to the noodley slaps to charge it up again:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

Just downloaded it. Looking for something chill to play.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Its super chill

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

last question: I'm a huge vampire: the masquerade fan (obviously), but how are they so shameless to be asking $60 for Swansong, which is correct me if im wrong, a visual novel

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Shrecknet posted:

last question: I'm a huge vampire: the masquerade fan (obviously), but how are they so shameless to be asking $60 for Swansong, which is correct me if im wrong, a visual novel

You arent a fan you are a locked in purchase

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

veni veni veni posted:

It’s a whole new game I think

OK good, because I kind of got in the mood to play Let It Die again lol

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Shrecknet posted:

It's not a visual novel (those are on the PC)... it doesn't have action combat if that's your criteria for "this a visual novel", but it's more like an adventure game in the Telltale mode with some RPG stats

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

acksplode posted:

You're done with the forest? The big tuning fork you rang is a bell, you need to ring the second bell. It's located to the west. You can get the shield now by exploring the hub overworld area.

Realising that i could have gotten the shield first before the forest was pretty wild. like if I just looked a little harder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Dewgy posted:

OK good, because I kind of got in the mood to play Let It Die again lol

Yeah it's a completely new game called uh Deathverse? Let It Die is still there.