Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Jack Trades posted:

If there was an overperforming DPS hero right now it's her.

:yeah: She's the better Widowmaker at lower Elos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squinky v2.0
Nov 16, 2006

Behind you! A three headed monkey!

College Slice

xgalaxy posted:

Maybe there is a bug but I've noticed it will not lock out abilities that they are already doing?
Or maybe it doesn't disrupt ultimates I dunno. I've hacked several people right at their ultimate and it didn't do anything.

I’ve definitely been hacked while ulting as Moira and it cut the ult just like OW1

xgalaxy
Jan 27, 2004
i write code

Squinky v2.0 posted:

I’ve definitely been hacked while ulting as Moira and it cut the ult just like OW1

So I hacked Genji when he popped his ultimate and he was still able to shred people.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

xgalaxy posted:

So I hacked Genji when he popped his ultimate and he was still able to shred people.

Are you sure you actually finished your hack? That's the most likely explanation.

xgalaxy
Jan 27, 2004
i write code

Jack Trades posted:

Are you sure you actually finished your hack? That's the most likely explanation.

100% because I died to him and there was a big "HACKED" on the kill cam.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Zzulu posted:

Oh man, you earn 60 currency per week? So that's 240 per month.. A legendary skin is 1900. So if you grind every week that's 7 months and 3 weeks for a legendary skin. And since I like to take breaks from games that's most like 1 year + before I can get ONE skin for ONE hero

I guess zero new skins for me :negative:

Also if you want to buy a "premium battlepass" to get all the skins in that / unlock the hero on day1 it takes 17 weeks of grinding to get enough currency
BP lasts 8 weeks and they say every 2nd one will have a new hero, which means one BP to buy every 16 weeks. Convenient!

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

Sailor Dave posted:

The skins don't matter that much, but it's also a completely pointless progression system that will never let you get anything from f2p even if you played all day every day for months.

Yeah I think that's why I don't even care about it. The progression thing is just a game company trying to stick psychological hooks into players, and it's kinda pathetic.

The only part that blows is heroes being locked behind that system.

I really miss the days of buying a game and just having all the bits of it there, rather than all this nickel a diming poo poo. Unlocking poo poo was fun when you got it for beating the game or whatever. It's kinda boring to unlock something by completing a month of busywork every day during the correct 90 day period.

im depressed lol
Mar 12, 2013

cunts are still running the show.

xgalaxy posted:

Genji I believe still keeps his sword out when ulting & hacked. He just can't dash.

Similiarly S76's aimbot still works if was activated before he gets hacked.

VVVVVVVV Much better explanation as to why.

im depressed lol fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Oct 8, 2022

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N

xgalaxy posted:

There's a distinction between "channeled ults" (like Moira, Cassidy) and "transformation ults" (like Genji, Zen). Channeled ults can be interrupted by hack, stun, sleep, etc., while transformation ults are un-cancellable once initiated. So hacking an ulting genji is still really good because then he can't deflect or dash, but it doesn't cancel the blade entirely. For OW2 they also changed Hog's ult from channeled to transformation, so it can't be cancelled now either.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Being able to stop shooting and hook people during Roadhog's ult kicks rear end

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Will they be bringing back any of the old maps?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Jack Trades posted:

If there was an overperforming DPS hero right now it's her.

What makes her so great? Her gun seems about on par with the other shooty folk

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Bronze 3 baby, no team cheat metallica playlist Brigitte is moving up in the world.

I got caught by three junk rat tires in a row as Brig, when I was trying to put my shield between each time. I don't know if maybe:

1) I'm not snapping my shield to the right spot fast enough server-side?
2) It's exploding on my little feeties or my noggin or something? Just going around the shield?
3) It's killing me in spite of the shield because the damage bleeds through?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Zzulu posted:

Her right click one-shots most characters and so does her AoE.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Zzulu posted:

Mobility and her nade are big value. Charged railgun popoffs if you can aim.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Yeah the rightclick does up to 260 dmg on headshot depending on charge

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Zzulu posted:

you get the sustained DPS of S76 with the anti-pharah/tracer tech of cowboy man's MB1

tyrelhill
Jul 30, 2006

xgalaxy posted:

i play a gently caress ton of sombra and i have noticed that hack is a bit different than it used to be. i have seen hogs drink right after getting hacked. seems to be buggy maybe?

worst part is the "hacked" play of the game for sombra is bugged and doesnt play right

xgalaxy
Jan 27, 2004
i write code

Hargrimm posted:

There's a distinction between "channeled ults" (like Moira, Cassidy) and "transformation ults" (like Genji, Zen). Channeled ults can be interrupted by hack, stun, sleep, etc., while transformation ults are un-cancellable once initiated. So hacking an ulting genji is still really good because then he can't deflect or dash, but it doesn't cancel the blade entirely. For OW2 they also changed Hog's ult from channeled to transformation, so it can't be cancelled now either.

Thanks for the info. Thats good stuff to know.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Countblanc posted:

Had one guy in the beta piss and moan about how our healers were never healing until he eventually said "lol look 2k healing done for each". I looked at the scoreboard and they each had 2k damage and 12k+ healing. I pointed this out and his response was that it FELT like 2k healing!!

The freaks find a way to be freaks

gamers have repeatedly demonstrated that as a whole they lack the capacity required to handle real-time performance stats in games

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

So what does MIT stand for in the stats table?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Ignis posted:

So what does MIT stand for in the stats table?

Damage mitigated.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

KrunkMcGrunk posted:

Yeah I think that's why I don't even care about it. The progression thing is just a game company trying to stick psychological hooks into players, and it's kinda pathetic.

The only part that blows is heroes being locked behind that system.

I really miss the days of buying a game and just having all the bits of it there, rather than all this nickel a diming poo poo. Unlocking poo poo was fun when you got it for beating the game or whatever. It's kinda boring to unlock something by completing a month of busywork every day during the correct 90 day period.

so ow1?

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
I somehow got damage mitigated as Sombra. Health packs maybe?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

adhuin posted:

Rankings were useless for comparison. Tab is best way to judge who is popping and who is not:

Got carried hard by DPS moira last game. She was also the saltiest player in the lobby.

Team carry back pain, let her have this

Splinter
Jul 4, 2003
Cowabunga!
IIRC I've got MIT on Lucio so I'm guessing it somehow takes into account booping damage away or maybe speeding people out of damage? I've definitely got MIT on hog as well who doesn't have a shield or absorb skill, so maybe abilities interrupted with hook or damage saved body blocking? It's not completely clear to me.

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011

Splinter posted:

IIRC I've got MIT on Lucio so I'm guessing it somehow takes into account booping damage away or maybe speeding people out of damage? I've definitely got MIT on hog as well who doesn't have a shield or absorb skill, so maybe abilities interrupted with hook or damage saved body blocking? It's not completely clear to me.

Probably lucios ult and hogs drink that does damage reduction

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

Minus lootboxes

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
Is it just me or are footsteps really loud? It's getting me overly paranoid.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

poe meater posted:

Is it just me or are footsteps really loud? It's getting me overly paranoid.

doesnt stop me from hearing a reaper CLOMP CLOMP CLOMPING behind me while drunk and still going huh wonder what that noise is

Splinter
Jul 4, 2003
Cowabunga!

poe meater posted:

Probably lucios ult and hogs drink that does damage reduction

That makes sense. Can't believe I didn't think about Lucio's ult here.

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
Downloaded this today because I'm bored of other FPS games. Never played the first one but this is pretty good 🤷

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

verbal enema posted:

doesnt stop me from hearing a reaper CLOMP CLOMP CLOMPING behind me while drunk and still going huh wonder what that noise is

Lol same.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

People who were wondering how fast do you get battle pass xp.
I've been playing about 12 hours and currently got to lvl 20 (The Kiriko Legendary). That is with +20% Premium Battle pass xp.
That's with doing the dailies and 9/11 of the weeklies so far.
By my count you get about half of your xp from challenges. More if you poopsock less than me.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

Target Practice posted:

Downloaded this today because I'm bored of other FPS games. Never played the first one but this is pretty good 🤷

:nice: There's a lot of stuff to discover that is unique to Overwatch. Have fun.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
has Moira always had a super jump after she leaves her cloak???

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

KrunkMcGrunk posted:

Minus lootboxes

loot boxes didnt have core game play in them just fun stuff. battlepass has characters doesnt it

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

verbal enema posted:

At least for the past few years and it's one of the most fun parts about her kit.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

verbal enema posted:

She always had a little bit of extra vertical momentum but at some point this year they just leaned into it and gave her the massive jump she has now, I wanna say around the time of the first ow2 beta but it was in ow1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

verbal enema posted:

That was added this year.
Before that it was secret tech from fading from slanted surfaces