Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

There are only about 1,000 prisoners in federal prison for simple possession of cannabis, so Biden just freed 0.1% of the prison population. Progress!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

the de-scheduling thing is very very very vague and is literally "asking" for a review

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Chamale posted:

There are only about 1,000 prisoners in federal prison for simple possession of cannabis, so Biden just freed 0.1% of the prison population. Progress!

*promised to review potentially freeing .01%

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
D&D will claim that weed is already legal and that we're asking the impossible from their favorite brain-damaged rapist.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

ex post facho posted:

I will believe the actual descheduling of marijuana and loan forgiveness is happening if and only if those things actually happen

The form to request forgiveness was supposed to be released before October and now it's supposed to be released "in" October

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

also he kicked off a ton of eligible people right at the last second

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Chamale posted:

That can’t be right

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

HashtagGirlboss posted:

That can’t be right

I believe it because of the way they play word games to pad sentencing and also the way folks handle shadow markets for illicit substances.
Like did that potsmoker ever give some to a friend? Did that friend ever pay them back? Congrats, we've now got a dangerous drug dealer behind bars.
Not to mention the majority of people arrested on simple possession would probably be in county or state lock-up.

With cannabis, you don't have quite have the same 'addict becomes a downstream seller to pay for their own fix' you see with meth or heroin, but I actually know some incredibly dumb college kid who may even still be in jail for federal drug dealing charges because he was 'the guy' for his buddies and it covered his habit. When his dealer got busted, the dealer turned state evidence and got a ton of dumb kids sent away.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Coolness Averted posted:

I believe it because of the way they play word games to pad sentencing and also the way folks handle shadow markets for illicit substances.
Like did that potsmoker ever give some to a friend? Did that friend ever pay them back? Congrats, we've now got a dangerous drug dealer behind bars.
Not to mention the majority of people arrested on simple possession would probably be in county or state lock-up.

With cannabis, you don't have quite have the same 'addict becomes a downstream seller to pay for their own fix' you see with meth or heroin, but I actually know some incredibly dumb college kid who may even still be in jail for federal drug dealing charges because he was 'the guy' for his buddies and it covered his habit. When his dealer got busted, the dealer turned state evidence and got a ton of dumb kids sent away.

Found this on Google and it’s old as hell but also loving lmao

https://www.ussc.gov/sites/default/files/pdf/research-and-publications/backgrounders/RG-simple-possession.pdf

quote:

• Nearly all (91.5%) simple possession of marijuana offenders were apprehended at or near the U.S./Mexico border, possessing a median amount of 48.5 pounds—an amount that does not appear to correspond to simple possession.2

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Marijuanas Georg who had 485,000 pounds of Marijuana on him was an outlier and should not have been counted

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Shrecknet posted:

Marijuanas Georg who had 485,000 pounds of Marijuana on him was an outlier and should not have been counted

I was going to make a dire straits joke but thought better of it

So Math
Jan 8, 2013

Ghostly Clothier
Worse -- they know exactly who's getting pardoned, and none of those people are even in prison right now.

https://twitter.com/TheMcKenziest/status/1578144207826407425?t=1nBA00pZdvzv-fTQEAVVHw&s=19

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

So Math posted:

Worse -- they know exactly who's getting pardoned, and none of those people are even in prison right now.

https://twitter.com/TheMcKenziest/status/1578144207826407425?t=1nBA00pZdvzv-fTQEAVVHw&s=19

hey look a d&d poster is in the replies

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Pierogi Plane Jones

THS2
Oct 2, 2021

its funny that the saudis are going to cause the demokkkrats to be destroyed even harder in 2022

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lol if anybody spent money on a call or email using JPay© to tell their incarcerated family member good news! biden is giving you your freedom

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Coolness Averted posted:

hey look a d&d poster is in the replies

"What about all these peoples' records that are preventing them from getting jobs?"

Good news, a pardon does not in any way expunge your record and no hiring manager who cares about a weed conviction is going to care any less about a pardoned one.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

docbeard posted:

"What about all these peoples' records that are preventing them from getting jobs?"

Good news, a pardon does not in any way expunge your record and no hiring manager who cares about a weed conviction is going to care any less about a pardoned one.

There’s also the fact that plenty of places screen for arrests rather than convictions so lol

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

HashtagGirlboss posted:

There’s also the fact that plenty of places screen for arrests rather than convictions so lol

Yeah, the background check I just did for the job I (pending background check) just got did this and even specified that 'arrests that didn't result in a conviction because you agreed to something else instead' definitely counted.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

docbeard posted:

Yeah, the background check I just did for the job I (pending background check) just got did this and even specified that 'arrests that didn't result in a conviction because you agreed to something else instead' definitely counted.

but have you tried to use your unlimited freedom to avoid this very entirely optional capitalist neoslavery economic system

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

So Math posted:

lol of course

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Palladium posted:

but have you tried to use your unlimited freedom to avoid this very entirely optional capitalist neoslavery economic system

Yeah but it turns out I enjoy eating regular meals and sleeping indoors too much

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Grandpa Palpatine posted:

why the gently caress does the dem caucus think Pelosi is a net positive? she says the most painful sounding poo poo in her press conferences on the reg. it's always nauseating

is it truly because no one else knows how to do the job well?

its because the dems aren't an actual political party as much as a politician's guild

College Rockout
Jan 10, 2010

docbeard posted:

If it ever gets to a hiring manager. The moment you check the "Have you ever been convicted of a crime" box that every job/housing application has the softwares going to toss the application.

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

College Rockout posted:

If it ever gets to a hiring manager. The moment you check the "Have you ever been convicted of a crime" box that every job/housing application has the softwares going to toss the application.

Pro-tip: don't check that box

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

The Sean posted:

DeSantis: "I will illegally traffic people, including children, to Martha's Vineyard to prove the dems will whine about not actually wanting immigrants aroung around and not want to help."
Martha's Vineyard: "Well, this is hosed up but let's help you out. Here's food, clothing, and a space to live while this gets worked out."
Pelosi:
https://twitter.com/greg_price11/status/1575874254918279170

like why did she have to specifically say Florida after the stunt he pulled? plus they're here legally and that's not the type of worker the farms want. gently caress she's so stupid.
you don't make it to the top of the democratic party by being smart

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
update:

https://twitter.com/IAPolls2022/sta...ingawful.com%2F

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

that 22% have to be bots or the most insane shitlibs

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

HallelujahLee posted:

that 22% have to be bots or the most insane shitlibs

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/maxpcohen/status/1580917929427673088

soon

THS2
Oct 2, 2021

the demokkkrats are going to be destrroyed in 24 days

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

THS2 posted:

the demokkkrats are going to be destrroyed in 24 days

hurry up already

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

FistEnergy posted:

hurry up already

You can’t rush it. You’ll get a much better hilarious wipe-out if you let rising gas prices and economic instability simmer for a while longer

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/davidsirota/status/1580968587719634956

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Mariners are in the playoffs, Dems are gonna win a landslide. God is not in His Heaven, and Chaos reigns

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
At this point that's probably a good idea. The last thing they want to be doing at this point is "America is already great" or having their surrogates smugly scolding people for not understanding that the President doesn't have dials to change inflation and gas prices.

THS2
Oct 2, 2021

sticking your head in a hole like an ostrich is the ultimate campaign strategy

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Halloween Jack posted:

At this point that's probably a good idea. The last thing they want to be doing at this point is "America is already great" or having their surrogates smugly scolding people for not understanding that the President doesn't have dials to change inflation and gas prices.

I've really enjoyed the smattering of "how inflation/the recession can be good for you" articles that got floated such as this one

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

they've tried nothing and are all out of ideas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Cerebral Bore posted:

they've tried nothing and are all out of ideas