Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

my suggestion for the growth and prosperity of jase's great space: ban the use of the phrases "bad faith" and "good faith" as they pertain to posting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

also embed the song 'faith' by george michael in every post

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Orange Carlisle posted:

What about the Limp Bizkit cover?

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Orange Carlisle posted:

this is the good kind of faith-based posting, appreciate you

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Shard posted:

dealer's choice

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Shard posted:

This is bad faith

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Gumball Gumption posted:

This is bad faith

Faith No More

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Gumball Gumption posted:

This is bad faith

Nu Metal is the official music of wrestling

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Tbh I struggle to understand what bad faith even means in the context of this forum. Joke posts? Most joke posts are very obviously joke posts so I'm confused.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Any criticism of AEW is done in bad faith. This is my good faith argument.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

If you don’t understand the joke and/or the poster is an Epic Rereg Guy and/or on your personal list of Posting Enemies then the post was made in Bad Faith.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
To make an attempt to engage with the original post I don't think banning phrases is really going to make the change they want to achieve because people will just come up with alternative ways to say the same thing

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

that is an accurate scoop, i feel like people having to use their words to actually describe what they mean by "Bad Faith" would be a net positive gain

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Would anyone care if the AEW TV Deal thread gets renamed to the AEW Business thread since it seems to be moving that direction.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

karmicknight posted:

Would anyone care if the AEW TV Deal thread gets renamed to the AEW Business thread since it seems to be moving that direction.

I dont think it matters either way. So no, I guess

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

AEW Numbers thread

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

karmicknight posted:

I was meaning to request something like this anyway, but just kept forgetting. How about "AEW Business & Ratings: Now is the Quarter-Hour Seven of our Discontent"?

I don't wanna put too fine of a point on it being the only place to discuss ratings, 'cause those get posted in the main thread every week, but there have been times where people get sick of talking about them in the main thread, plus I think it's useful to have all the ratings and quarters over a long period of time in one thread for macro-level discussions, so I would kind of like to note that in the title.

I'll also quote this in that thread to see if anybody there has any suggestions.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

karmicknight posted:

just do it imo

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

karmicknight posted:

Do what’s in your heart

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Chris James 2 posted:

There's an extension (TamperMonkey) with a true ignore user script for SA that works really well and was easy to add to my Chrome browser. Completely hides ignored user posts, including in non-ignored user quotes of them

My hope is one day the workaround won't be needed, like how there was a similar workaround for a dark mode version of the site for years until a bit ago when we finally got a dark mode feature setting for the site proper

This works great! Thank you!

A whole new forums experience!!

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I just wanna say I know sometimes I post dumb things and like to have stupid debates but I don’t wish anything bad on anyone here and actually do enjoy my time here, and if I get too into the weeds feel free to tell me to chill out. I usually will.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

can we do away with posting vague clickbait fightful select tweets without a summary of the information in the 'article' - they're basically as annoying as rovert posting and posting vague tweets behind a paywall is really stupid

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i think people are usually posting those to prompt other people to post the full articles and not to be a tease

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
I'd rather have people post those tweets than say something like "I heard" or "x said" followed by the contents of the tweet warped through their own speculation.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Yeah I just see those as telling one of the paypigs* to hurry up and make with the quotin' already.

* I can say that, since I am the subforum's Wrestlenomics paypig. :v:

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Orange Carlisle posted:

can we do away with posting vague clickbait fightful select tweets without a summary of the information in the 'article' - they're basically as annoying as rovert posting and posting vague tweets behind a paywall is really stupid

0 days since last incident of me posting content i enjoy majorly pissing someone off for some reason

i enjoy the speculation, and i was curious who it was. sorry that this ruined your day.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

back in the day we had a heavily modded news aggregator thread that was only for news and scoops, no discussion. maybe that can return now.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

JOHN CENA posted:

back in the day we had a heavily modded news aggregator thread that was only for news and scoops, no discussion. maybe that can return now.

This but only I'm allowed to post in it and half my posts are lies but I won't tell you which

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Rarity posted:

This but only I'm allowed to post in it and half my posts are lies but I won't tell you which

This one is a lie isn't it

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Shard posted:

She just said she won’t tell, this is off to a terrible start

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Shard posted:

Post in it and find out :mrgw:

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Maybe a thread like this would actually be a great idea.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

IGgy IGsen posted:

Maybe a thread like this would actually be a great idea.

Rarity's lie and scoop roulette emporium

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
:henget:

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

It's basically the sleaze thread again.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Yeah but only half of it will be funny lies instead of all of it

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

JUNGLE BOY posted:

0 days since last incident of me posting content i enjoy majorly pissing someone off for some reason

i enjoy the speculation, and i was curious who it was. sorry that this ruined your day.

sorry you took this personally because it wasn't about you, and you didn't ruin my day or whatever the dunk attempt was there

the only thing I was asking for is requiring a summary below the tweet of what is actually behind the paywall if someone is going to vaguepost it

often times people already do this, which is nice - you not doing that this time you can take personally if you really need to I guess?

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

History Comes Inside! posted:

Yeah but only half of it will be funny lies instead of all of it

Truth is often stranger than fiction so it'll be impossible to tell.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Might be missing something but I feel like a dedicated news thread becomes kind of useless unless you ban news posts from the proper discussion threads, at which point you would just be linking back to the news thread anyway and then discussing the quoted post when it could have just been directly posted in the first place. Anyone know how the old ones worked?

Although I do think a fully kayfabed ridiculous news thread where everyone acts like the headlines are real would be fun. We used to have one where WCW won the war.

I usually take the SRS tweets as an unspoken "Anyone with a sub have the scoops brother?" request. I do have a sub because I am a sucker and can check real quick if I see them.

Critical fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Oct 8, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Critical posted:

Might be missing something but I feel like a dedicated news thread becomes kind of useless unless you ban news posts from the proper discussion threads, at which point you would just be linking back to the news thread anyway and then discussing the quoted post when it could have just been directly posted in the first place. Anyone know how the old ones worked?
Not sure how it was in the old days but I don't see a problem with having a thread that just aggregates all the wrestling news for all the promotions and the business as a whole and additionally have promotion specific news show up in the discussion threads. It'll probably just naturally shift to the news thread after a bit if it catches on but even if news are still posted in the other threads it's not going to hurt anybody. Hell, some people will probably get their scoops from the news thread and repost them in the other relevant places.