Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twenties Superstar
Oct 24, 2005

sugoi

Lovely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ric
Nov 18, 2005

Apocalypse dude

Agreed

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

that's very pleasant

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

thanks thread

i was really amazed by how lilacs basically grew everywhere in upper michigan. apparently in that region they planted lilac bushes over the outhouse waste holes to cover up the smell, hence the rows of lilacs as they made new holes next to the old ones

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

toggle fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Sep 15, 2022

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

wait what the heck that's not the wanaka tree

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

If you squint it can be !

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

p0stal b0b
May 7, 2003

May contain traces of nuts...

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

sildargod
Oct 25, 2010
Spain is just amazing for this genre.

majour333
Mar 2, 2005

Mouthfart.
Fun Shoe

Agreed

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

You always produce very good work but this is on another level, thanks for sharing.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Yeah this is great. Can feel the mood.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I'd put that on the wall somewhere.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

VelociBacon posted:

You always produce very good work but this is on another level, thanks for sharing.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Thanks guys!

huhu
Feb 24, 2006
DSC_0071 by Esa Foto, on Flickr

DSC_9427 by Esa Foto, on Flickr

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

wells, nevada, right?

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Nice!

huhu
Feb 24, 2006

bellows lugosi posted:

wells, nevada, right?

Yupp. Most stares I’ve ever gotten photographing.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Ely has some murals with an almost identical art style, if you ever get over there.

I always get super reluctant to pull my camera out in small towns, even knowing it's completely legal I always feel like I'm a voyeur invading someone's home.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Dread Head
Aug 1, 2005

0-#01

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Philthy fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Dec 23, 2022

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

I've decided we should do a Christmas print swap so here's the thread to join in: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4014463

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

the edge

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

There were some cool clouds last night and I had a few minutes before the sun got blocked off.

That contrast you get when there's sunlight on the foreground and dark clouds might be my favorite kind of light out there.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Man, those clouds look so surreal. Like an 80s movie bluescreen effect or something.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Philthy posted:

Man, those clouds look so surreal. Like an 80s movie bluescreen effect or something.

I think that's the sharpness slider but they certainly have a unique look to them.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The sharpness slider is on the default for LR.. the 40/1.0/25 setting. Texture and clarity are untouched too.

But that is interesting to me, because I have the "sharpen for screen" checkbox set on my export settings. I've always left that on because it seems to keep the lower resolution jpegs I upload from getting too muddy. But maybe it's too much? It's on the 'standard' setting.

Here's an export without the checkbox on. It's definitely less sharp, but only on the high contrast trees or gravel. I see no change in the clouds: https://i.imgur.com/x69sFKb.jpg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

xzzy posted:

The sharpness slider is on the default for LR.. the 40/1.0/25 setting. Texture and clarity are untouched too.

But that is interesting to me, because I have the "sharpen for screen" checkbox set on my export settings. I've always left that on because it seems to keep the lower resolution jpegs I upload from getting too muddy. But maybe it's too much? It's on the 'standard' setting.

Here's an export without the checkbox on. It's definitely less sharp, but only on the high contrast trees or gravel. I see no change in the clouds: https://i.imgur.com/x69sFKb.jpg

I didn't mean it as a criticism I suppose but it does seem to my eye like some sharpening is happening somewhere, I guess the sharpen for screen checkbox. They're cool scenes and the clouds do look wild.