Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ohtori Akio
lenny is an icon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mummy Napkin
has anyone actually been able to try overwatch 2 yet? been nothing but queues and disconnects for me.

Non Krampus Mentis

Scrungus Bungus from the planet Grongous
Return to Monkey Island slaps

once I get a new mouse for the laptop I’m gonna do a replay of the classic Monkey Island games, seems like a great way to settle into the autumn/winter

Gruß vom Krampus

:love: thank u deep dish peat moss for the sig :love:

kalel

Mummy Napkin posted:

has anyone actually been able to try overwatch 2 yet? been nothing but queues and disconnects for me.

I heard they shut down the OverWatch 1 servers, is that true? I thought they originally said they were going to do a cross-compatibility thing

Mummy Napkin

kalel posted:

I heard they shut down the OverWatch 1 servers, is that true? I thought they originally said they were going to do a cross-compatibility thing

I’m not sure what carries over, but yeah they pretty much nuked overwatch and dropped 2 on top of it AFAIK.

sb hermit

more like overwatch... boo!

:ghost:

sb hermit

you see... because it's october... the boo month

sb hermit

when did "boo" become the pop culture replacement for "beau"?

kalel

sb hermit posted:

boo! booooooo!!

Vault Dweller

sb hermit posted:

when did "boo" become the pop culture replacement for "beau"?

i wanna say about 8-10 years

definitely hit critical mass around 2018 though

500 million views

https://youtu.be/6YNZlXfW6Ho

sb hermit

kalel posted:

boo! booooooo!!

:vince:

101 posted:

i wanna say about 8-10 years

definitely hit critical mass around 2018 though

500 million views

https://youtu.be/6YNZlXfW6Ho

:pusheen:

itry

sb hermit posted:

Also the :guinness: month depending on where you are. Well, not usually, but kinda.

sb hermit

itry posted:

Also the :guinness: month depending on where you are. Well, not usually, but kinda.

:hfive:

Farecoal

There he go
I've been playing Witcher 3 for the first time and it made me look up if there was such a thing as an "unsexy" mod, like one that makes characters "uglier" or gets rid of high heels on women. The only thing I managed to find was this mod for Oblivion: https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/44046. Now I want more of these

Pony Jabroni

one time my friend and i sewed together our own skirts and conspiracy t shirts and went to an olive garden at 9:30 AM and ordered six liters of wine and free bread sticks and it was the best day ever

Leave posted:

I don't know what I want to play next, and looking at the PS+ catalog is kind of...A lot? It's like there's just too much and my brain just kind of shuts off while I browse the list.

tokyo jungle is on the oldies tier if you have that and is super fun. its a roguelike where you play as different animals trying to survive in a world where humans have all gone extinct. but honestly its just good ol fun to roam around apocalyptic tokyo as a pomeranian that is at the very top of the food chain.

ive been playing bugsnax on ps+ and have been wanting to play it since it came out and im loving it! though im getting to the point now where its making me Feel Things I Wish Not to Feel.

i also wanna sit down this weekend and play through Kentucky Route 0. Fall and crisp air feels like the perfect opportunity to revisit that absolute gem. If you like surrealistic story games with excellent characters, I can't recommend it enough.

itry

Farecoal posted:

I've been playing Witcher 3 for the first time and it made me look up if there was such a thing as an "unsexy" mod, like one that makes characters "uglier" or gets rid of high heels on women. The only thing I managed to find was this mod for Oblivion: https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/44046. Now I want more of these

There are mods that remove makeup, and mods that change outfits (static or dynamic). Fitting for Triss who is supposedly keeping a low profile in Novigrad. I don't remember any dumb armors, certainly nothing on the level of Oblivion. Except Ves who I just remembered exists.

Edit: Stuff like; Armors for Ciri, Ciri makeup, Dynamic Ciri costumes, Yen and Triss makeup, "Natural" Triss, Casual outfit for Triss, Travel outfit for Triss, W2 outfit for Triss, Practical Ves. Also stuff like No makeup Eredin :v:

Personally I like Ciri's eye makeup.

Edit2: Some of the photos are spoilers, but Immersive Real-time Cutscenes should show outfits in some pre-rendered cutscenes.

itry fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Oct 8, 2022

Mummy Napkin
when did Mario get nipples and will he have them in the new movie?

Heather Papps

hello friend

i still think chris pratt is a dumb choice for mario but i liked the trailer.

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Mummy Napkin

Heather Papps posted:

i still think chris pratt is a dumb choice for mario but i liked the trailer.

:same:

it’s cool that there doesn’t seem to be a live action component to it. I haven’t gotten around to watching the new sonic movies because I wanna see him zipping in green zone not irl

Heather Papps

hello friend

Mummy Napkin posted:

:same:

it’s cool that there doesn’t seem to be a live action component to it. I haven’t gotten around to watching the new sonic movies because I wanna see him zipping in green zone not irl

my brother has a theory that mario will start in the real world and then get sucked into gamespace and i really hope he's wrong. also it's interesting that the design for mario is kind of reminiscent of his early non-canonized appearance.

kalel

Heather Papps posted:

my brother has a theory that mario will start in the real world and then get sucked into gamespace and i really hope he's wrong. also it's interesting that the design for mario is kind of reminiscent of his early non-canonized appearance.

I think it's pretty obvious from the trailer that this is exactly what's going to happen. I mean, it's a Hollywood production, they have so little faith in their audience that they think they always need an audience surrogate outsider (so that every character has an easy excuse to exposit), but even besides that, Mario is looking around like he's never been in Mushroom Kingdom before.

I'm expecting it to be on par with the Sonic The Hedgehog movie: satisfactory for the fans, decent child fare for parents, critically "meh." It'll be Just Fine and that's all it needs to be.

kalel

small side note, but that's some of the best CG fire I've seen imho. the scene itself where Bowser does his thing is well lit and framed too. the animation looks really good in general tbqh

Farecoal

There he go
Modern trailers always make movies look like hot garbage so it's hard to judge, but it seems fine except for Mario

itry posted:

There are mods that remove makeup, and mods that change outfits (static or dynamic). Fitting for Triss who is supposedly keeping a low profile in Novigrad. I don't remember any dumb armors, certainly nothing on the level of Oblivion. Except Ves who I just remembered exists.

Edit: Stuff like; Armors for Ciri, Ciri makeup, Dynamic Ciri costumes, Yen and Triss makeup, "Natural" Triss, Casual outfit for Triss, Travel outfit for Triss, W2 outfit for Triss, Practical Ves. Also stuff like No makeup Eredin :v:

Personally I like Ciri's eye makeup.

Edit2: Some of the photos are spoilers, but Immersive Real-time Cutscenes should show outfits in some pre-rendered cutscenes.

These are exactly what I wanted, thank you!!

itry

:tipshat: enjoy the good game

The Maroon Hawk

Heather Papps posted:

It's possible that Mario will start in the "real world" but that "real world" is an animated New York rather than any real-life footage, since that's where he's from canonically

idiotsavant

Heather Papps posted:

i spend too much time thinking about video games and a growing division between games like satisfactory and vampire survivor, and then games like detroit become human and the last of us 2. there are games that focus on delivering a pure gameplay experience, and then games that focus on telling a story, and then a bunch of games in between. because of my specific tastes i like something around an 80/20 gameplay to story focus, but i also love games that are zero story, all play. as the ratio shifts in the other direction my patience grows proportionally thin.

this is not to say i think my perspective is correct - i know it's a pure taste thing, but sometimes i see a video game and i wonder why wasn't this a movie or book. my brother has been asking me every once in a while to finish disco elysium and i told him if it was a 10, 000 page novel i'd be done it by now, but the way it is presented is preventing me from enjoying it's content. i love weirdo isometric rpgs, i thought i did at least.

i halfway think we need to start calling video games different things based on their goal. consider music - it'd be wild to put aphex twin and micheal jackson in the same genre, but they're both music. i know there are terms for specific types of video games, the genres under the umbrella, but the differences philosophically between something like detroit become human and something like mordhau seem a bit more significant.

idle thoughts the end.

I like story games when theyre stylish & concise - I think Gris is probably a perfect example. Nothing crazy challenging but great atmosphere & visual design and not long enough to overstay its welcome.

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
man it's super weird trying to get used to motion controls in splatoon
but i feel like if i don't try now I'll just get wrecked online

Saoshyant

:hmmorks: :orks:

Hello, God? Can you call Lou Albano on the line? Yes, it's urgent. Yes, I can wait. That fellow still has to record all his lines for the upcoming Super Mario movie!

awesome spring sig by RavenousScoot

Mummy Napkin

Sarah Cenia posted:

man it's super weird trying to get used to motion controls in splatoon
but i feel like if i don't try now I'll just get wrecked online

once it clicks, you’ll never want to go back. I love gyro in games and I hated motion controls prior to getting into splatoon 2.

Heather Papps

hello friend

i feel like i'm just too old to grok motion controls. if i hadn't been playing with controllers/mice/keyboards for my whole life it'd be so much easier to get into em.

frump truck

hello... again!

fellow splatoon boomer checking in. it was hard to adjust at first, but turning down the motion sensitivity helped a lot, as did playing docked with a controller (moving the entire unit around when handheld felt weird)

Mummy Napkin
splatoon not docked just ain’t right. playing low sensitivity on the motion and a little higher on the stick is how I got comfortable with it.

Heather Papps

hello friend

at some point i will reveal myself as a nintendo astroturfer and all my posts about fistfights will be suspect

Heather Papps

hello friend

the LEGEND OF ZELDA rules right fellow posters

sb hermit

Saoshyant posted:

Hello, God? Can you call Lou Albano on the line? Yes, it's urgent. Yes, I can wait. That fellow still has to record all his lines for the upcoming Super Mario movie!

"hey paisanos!"

Heather Papps

hello friend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vO0PFlbWhtY

Heather Papps

hello friend

just finished the metal: hellsinger demo and it was really fun. may actually buy it. shooting on beat is something i have not encountered before but is a genius game mechanic. a lot of other shooters chase the "flow" or "groove" state but this one actively encourages it.

very neat.

Flowers for QAnon

Ohtori Akio posted:

fortnite rules

I want to emphasize that no-build fortnight does indeed rule

Mummy Napkin

Flowers for QAnon posted:

I want to emphasize that no-build fortnight does indeed rule

word. when I’m getting massacred in splatoon, it’s nice to take break to fart around in no build and chill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ohtori Akio
they added the crab rave to fortnite as a dance. the toxic emotes in this game are unreal