Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

didn't see this one posted yet

dunno where the rants come from, but this one has got to be a whopper
Definitely making Putin look cool to your fashy fanbase Ben.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Ah yes, noted peace lover, the guy who literally started the war. I'm honestly curious why Garisson is painting Putin as wanting peace talks and as a dove. I'm pretty sure the only "peace talks" during the war were Putin going "This war will end when Ukraine is part of Russia."

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Same reason that Hitler was "Europe's greatest humanitarian" to Nazi sympathizers the minute he went from domination to making GBS threads in a bucket in his bunker.

If he was winning he'd be strong powerful Putin over the weak woke gay West, because he's failing massively it's because he's just too peaceful for the degenerate barbarians.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Kellies Nomination: Worst Caricature
Kellies Nomination: Least Concealed Bigotry (Anti-Semitism)

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Randalor posted:

Ah yes, noted peace lover, the guy who literally started the war. I'm honestly curious why Garisson is painting Putin as wanting peace talks and as a dove.

Putin has requested peace talks which are pretty much "ok stop fighting back and let me keep the parts of Ukraine I've already conquered"

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Randalor posted:

Ah yes, noted peace lover, the guy who literally started the war. I'm honestly curious why Garisson is painting Putin as wanting peace talks and as a dove. I'm pretty sure the only "peace talks" during the war were Putin going "This war will end when Ukraine is part of Russia."

He's proposed peace talks saying he's willing to call it a draw and graciously withdraw, for the low price of letting him annex the territories he originally wanted to take.

It's obviously a farce but BenG doesn't give a gently caress what happens to the people of Ukraine, he only cares that US tax dollars aren't spent on foreign aid of any kind.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Prism posted:

I'm sure it's a total coincidence that the only Jewish person in this image has the fangs. The guy labeled WARMONGER? No fangs, even though he's given him a beak and teeth.

I was trying to see if he'd given Zelensky dollar signs in his eyes since they look a little strange, but I can't make it out on my phone.

They're just like a weirdly vivid green, so probably just being like "green with envy" or "green like greenbacks", cus Zelensky has very noticeably brown eyes.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Kellies Nomination: Laziest Non-Gorrell

Sorry for the absence, I was on a school trip abroad. It was nice, but being of charge of 20 teenagers was tiresome. Let's try to catch up with the week's comics from our sources.

China Daily

Interestingly there was no comics this week so I suspect they're on holiday.

Le Monde

3/10

by Meddy from Tanzania

4/10

by Herrmann from Switzerland
"But with Bolsonaro, it's the law of the jungle!"
"Without the jungle!"

'Duel between Titans'
by Rodrigo from Portugal

5/10

by Dilem from Algeria
Iran: The Situation remains explosive
"As long as it's not a lock of hair."
'Riots'
The joke is that the word wick/fuse is the same in French for a lock of hair, and I'm too tired to look for a good pun.

6/10

by Urbs from France
Saudi Arabia prepares for the Winter Asian Games
"You are to take down that mountain over there and place it on the beach."

Charlie Hebdo

Energy Saving
"Turn off the light!"

Italy, throw out your oldest immigrants!

Plus Belle La Vie/More Beautiful Life A long running soap opera on public French TV.
"Thankfully we still have welfare."
Things exist cartoon I guess. The article is on how government is spending less on welfare, but there's a cliché that welfare recipients spend money on TV for trash like this show, which has a convenient phrase for how life could be better I guess?

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

He's proposed peace talks saying he's willing to call it a draw and graciously withdraw, for the low price of letting him annex the territories he originally wanted to take.

It's like a schoolyard bully that wants to run and tell the teacher the moment they are met with any sort of resistance.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on National Grid’s warning of energy outages this winter – The government has resisted calls for a public information campaign to encourage consumers to cut back on energy use"

Telegraph:

Vladimir Putin turns 70 - but he’s not in the mood to celebrate

Matt:

Newspaper headlines: UK warned of blackouts in 'winter of disconnect'

Independent:

After Trophime Bigot.

The i paper:

Times:

Stephen Collins:

EU votes to force all phones to use same charger by 2024

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

100YrsofAttitude posted:

3/10

by Meddy from Tanzania

I picture this one ending like the Roadrunner cartoon where all of Russia falls into the void.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Gosh, California really should improve their power grid by privatizing it. I’m sure a profit motive and market competition will better incentivize a power grid that is efficient, reliable, and safe.

Now to take a big drink of water as I read up on how California manages the power grid.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Firewire was pretty awesome at the time.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

I know Billie Eilish often does things conservatives don't like, like saying COVID is real and that maybe we should not destroy the planet we all live on, but did she do something special two weeks ago to earn this jab or did Stantis just decide that his do-nothing take-no-positions comic would be enhanced by attacking one of the most popular musicians in the world?

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

HOW OLD ARE YOU? WHEN WERE YOU BORN?

e: actually given she's talking about the generation rather than herself, gen z starts at about 2000 so i guess some people would be conscious for some of the iraq war, and they'd be in their twenties now

Victar
Nov 8, 2009

Bored? Need something to read while camping Time-Lost Protodrake?

www.vicfanfic.com

idonotlikepeas posted:

I know Billie Eilish often does things conservatives don't like, like saying COVID is real and that maybe we should not destroy the planet we all live on, but did she do something special two weeks ago to earn this jab or did Stantis just decide that his do-nothing take-no-positions comic would be enhanced by attacking one of the most popular musicians in the world?

I don't usually pay attention to pop culture singers, and I didn't know if she'd done anything special recently, so I looked her up on Wikipedia. Wikipedia said that she performed in the 2022 Glastonbury festival to condemn the overturning of Roe v. Wade. She advocates mental health awareness, and has criticized the animal fur industry. She also endorsed Joe Biden's presidential campaign in 2020.

Oh, and she appeared in June 2021 issue of British Vogue dressed in (gasp) lingerie, especially (gasp) corsets.

Y'know what's NOT in the Wikipedia article about her? Any reports of criminal behavior (not even a misdemeanor), or any reports of illegal drug use.

Way, way too many American celebrities have done bad stuff. She has used her celebrity to champion political and environmental causes she believes in, and has tried to persuade young people (her generation!) to be politically active and vote.

This is the person that Stantis has declared to be a terrible representative for Generation Z. The declaration says a lot more about Stantis than about her. I think Stantis' mask is slipping.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

idonotlikepeas posted:

Of course not, it's just run of the mill boomer humor. Participation trophies! I hate my wife! Justin Bieber! :roflolmao:

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Nothing needs to be true for conservatives to whine about it. He's calling the green loser ribbons kids got participation trophies, and implying they had any impact after kids threw them in the trash. Feels like there is a paper to be written about the conservative obsession with high school sports awards that 99.9% of kids have no interaction with beyond seeing them in a glass case at school.

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

That have always been inflicted on the kids starting with the boomers doing it to their own, instead of being something those kids ever wanted.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Angepain posted:

e: actually given she's talking about the generation rather than herself, gen z starts at about 2000 so i guess some people would be conscious for some of the iraq war, and they'd be in their twenties now

It's like that problem the Simpsons has where since the characters don't age "their generation" starts shifting so you got Homer reminiscing about the 90's instead of the 80's now.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Kellies Nomination: Most Easily Reinterpreted

I mean, I'm sorry, but the US Energy guy is clearly not a kicker.

Edit: Ah, I just realized Coach Biden is also getting the scoring mechanisms mixed up. My brain just saw kick and assumed it ended with field goal.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Are the characters written backwards in that strip, I thought the girl was supposed to be the grouchy old man self-insert complaining about pop music and kids these days, and the coyote was supposed to be the dumb liberal kid always falling for the latest fad.

It's like the dialog got copy-pasted wrong

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost
Also unlike Justin Bieber, Billie Eilish's music loving rules and she genuinely comes across as someone who would prefer to be less successful than she is

The things that Stantis wants us to hate about gen z are a thing inflicted on gen z by their parents and a truly great musician

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

the_steve posted:

Kellies Nomination: Most Easily Reinterpreted

I mean, I'm sorry, but the US Energy guy is clearly not a kicker.

Edit: Ah, I just realized Coach Biden is also getting the scoring mechanisms mixed up. My brain just saw kick and assumed it ended with field goal.
I did the exact same thing, so don't feel alone.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I'm reminded of a joke from Yes, Minister about the NATO award for the statesman who's done the most for European unity, since Napoleon, not counting Hitler.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Murdstone posted:

Rex Morgan MD

Wow, when did Stantis start writing for Rex Morgan?

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Angepain posted:

I'm choosing to believe she's an older millennial, so she's pushing 40. That's very young to be running for congress!

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Twelve by Pies posted:

Wow, when did Stantis start writing for Rex Morgan?

Dewey Dawner rear end conversation

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

Victar posted:

Way, way too many American celebrities have done bad stuff. She has used her celebrity to champion political and environmental causes she believes in, and has tried to persuade young people (her generation!) to be politically active and vote.

This is the person that Stantis has declared to be a terrible representative for Generation Z. The declaration says a lot more about Stantis than about her. I think Stantis' mask is slipping.

She also does things like "pausing her entire-rear end concert because someone in the audience appeared to be in distress". More than once. But I guess she became an international megastar while still a fetus and that makes the whole thing bad somehow.

Kurzon
May 10, 2013

by Hand Knit

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Jesus loving Christ. This has got to be the most stupid and outrageous cartoon from Ben yet.

Victar
Nov 8, 2009

Bored? Need something to read while camping Time-Lost Protodrake?

www.vicfanfic.com

I second Kellies Nomination: Worst Caricature, because seeing Vladimir Putin as a peace-dove makes me want to throw up. Ben Garrison is an apologist for Putin's invasion and war crimes now.

"Anti-war" Ben Garrison also doesn't seem to care that Putin is forcibly drafting hundreds of thousands of unwilling soldiers into his hell-war.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Victar posted:

I second Kellies Nomination: Worst Caricature, because seeing Vladimir Putin as a peace-dove makes me want to throw up. Ben Garrison is an apologist for Putin's invasion and war crimes now.

"Anti-war" Ben Garrison also doesn't seem to care that Putin is forcibly drafting hundreds of thousands of unwilling soldiers into his hell-war.

I would go far to say Kellies Nomination: Worst Overall.

That comic is sick on so many levels.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Victar posted:

Well, he wouldn't have to do that if Bloodthirsty Biden would call off his proxy war of aggression!

e: I don't think the accompanying blog was posted, so here you go:

quote:

“He did not chose wisely…”

We at GrrrGraphics are anti-war. This means we do not support the globalist oligarchy when they perpetually start new ones. Congress has not declared war against Russia, nor is there any reason they should. Ukraine is not part of NATO, nor should they be. The United States has no vested interest in protecting Ukraine’s borders, especially since we’re not protecting our own.

Our legion of corrupt politicians as well as functionaries in the Deep State do have an interest in Ukraine. They’ve been using that country as a gigantic washing machine. In other words, a money laundering operation. Many in power have made sure billions of taxpayer dollars keep pouring into Ukraine and you can bet their family and friends are benefiting through kickbacks. Hunter Biden is just one example. The $67 billion sent to Ukraine thus far is not being tracked or accounted for—that is a recipe for corruption, and Zelensky is corrupt.

Yes, I know the media says Zelensky is a hero. Some have compared him with Winston Churchill. I disagree. As an entertainer with acting and social skills, he spends a lot of his time posing and basking in the media limelight. He constantly campaigns for more money to support his ‘democracy.’ Only Ukraine is not a democracy. Zelensky is an autocrat. He has banned political competition. Without support from the US and NATO, Zelensky would have long ago made a peace settlement with Moscow.

Now, thanks to endless US support, he has banned the possibility of peace talks with Russia. He actually signed a decree ruling them out. Like Biden, Zelensky is holding out for victory and ‘regime change’ in Russia. This is dangerous folly and it might even provoke nuclear war. The US is openly talking about the possibility of a nuclear exchange. That will certainly bring about real climate change that Biden and his string pullers keep yammering about.

The US does not benefit by poking a stick at the Russian bear, Putin. Ukraine is on Russia’s doorstep and historically under Russian control. NATO and its globalist leaders have been the real aggressors—not Russia. NATO has provoked many wars and brought about a lot of ‘regime changes.’ They tried to start a war in Syria. They murdered Gaddafi and Saddam Hussein. The latter was tricked into invading Kuwait. He thought he had the go-ahead from America as a reward for standing up to and draining the resources of Iran. It was a trap and now Iraq is an expensive mess with plenty of depleted uranium littering the country. Libya, once a prosperous and successful country, is now a disaster.

It’s no wonder Putin has put his foot down. He refuses to tolerate NATO’s perpetual expansion, which means Russia would eventually be forced to succumb to the western woke, trans mutilating, green, satanic, nihilistic, bug-eating, aggressive insanity now promulgated by the power-mad globalist bankers who control warmongering politicians such as Dementia Joe. Those central bankers have been able to get their way because they control the debt dollar, which is the world’s ‘reserve currency.’ Their corrupted dollar has led to great evil.

The globalist oligarchy want a proxy state in Ukraine for use as a bioweapons location and launching pad to eventually control Russia. The globalists are using the US to fight a proxy war and America’s military industrial complex and their lobbyists are only too willing to participate and rake in their usual gigantic profits. Throwing endless US taxpayer dollars into the bloody hands of Zelensky will only prolong the conflict and lead to thousands—maybe even millions—more dead. In the case of nuclear war, perhaps billions.

We need to stop supporting Zelensky and his Nazis in Ukraine. Let’s defend our own borders first.

— Ben Garrison

wizzardstaff fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Oct 9, 2022

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

wizzardstaff posted:

Well, he wouldn't have to do that if Bloodthirsty Biden would call off his proxy war of aggression!

e: I don't think the accompanying blog was posted, so here you go:

I felt my brain get damaged from reading that crass stupidty by Grarrison

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!
mwahahahahaha my evil scheme to defend the sovereignty of my country is going according to plan!!!
-Count Zelensky

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Wait, hang on, we're supposed to think the big strong eagle is bad now?

quote:

Yes, I know the media says Zelensky is a hero. Some have compared him with Winston Churchill. I disagree. As an entertainer with acting and social skills, he spends a lot of his time posing and basking in the media limelight. He constantly campaigns for more money to support his ‘democracy.’

Given the circumstances, this is literally his job. Get the media's attention and sympathy in order to get the desperately needed aid for fending off a genocidal invader. Being the face of Ukraine is how he's helping Ukraine the most, both on the world stage and with his own people. Rich as all hell that Ben would be mad about this, given his devotion to a man who does nothing but grandstand for his own personal ego when he's in front of a camera.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
That's remarkably close to the Russian propaganda line.

...well, I'll be damned. I had no idea, ben's also done some interviews on Sputnik, though he's not a regular like Rall.

https://sputniknews.com/20190117/theresa-may-brexit-defeat-1071537317.html

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Oct 9, 2022

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

:kstare:Sinfest Sunday!:kstare:

The Left are vampires now, I guess.

Since when is "Bye Felica" a right wing meme? That poo poo is originally from the movie Friday back in 1995, then it was popularized by RuPaul's Drag Race back in 2009.

Oh. So that is the year 2022 and the reason she wasn't aging was because she was taking (previously unmentioned until now) youth pills.

....is he ALSO taking youth pills? Do they just stop you from looking older or do they make you immortal? 2022 seems to be in physical pain now that they've worn off, were they going to prevent her from dying?

These and others questions will not be answered next week! Stay tuned!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

"Oh no, I'm aging!" feels like the best possible sum up of Ishida's storytelling talents.